WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
good evening everyone...i have a question...here in western wa the kids have one or two parks that the local teens use for fights.... is there such a place in wenatchee? what is the connection of the house in cb and Makenzie? i dont think it would be a good place for teens to hang out at....WAS this a RANDOM place...we need a connection.

Since I am not a local, I cannot speak to your first inquiry about the parks. Regarding the CB house, IMHO it appears as though it was not a random location, but rather chosen by someone who knew the place and where to (attempt to) hide a body. I suppose it could have been found by accident, but its location makes it seem as though it was deliberately chosen.

JMHO

Originally Posted by amysmom
Re: WA 'serial killers'..A few yrs back a whole family was killed & 2 children were taken just to molest/rape them..One of them was eventually killed in front of the one that was later rescued..Was perp (caught TG!) ever labled a 'serial killer' & do I have it right being WA state?

As someone else posted, this horrific crime was committed in Idaho.

However, the perp, Joseph Duncan, was from the state of WA. IF the state had kept him locked up, as they should have -- 2 adults and 2 children would still be alive today. And one beautiful little girl wouldn't have had her life practically destroyed; and filled with the horrific memories of witnessing her brother being tortured and murdered.

Northwest Sex Offenders

RIP, Mark, Brenda, Slade and Dylan :rose:

I agree. This seems to be taking a looong time.

Actually, LE stated “We don’t want people to think there is some crazed rapist out there,” said Sgt. Cherie Smith of the Wenatchee Police Department. “That was not the motivation for this at all.”
http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/feb/22/homicide-victim-was-not-sexually-assaulted/?online

Like you said, there is still a "killer on the loose" amongst us. And quite possible killer is plural.

I have a comment regarding early quotes from the valley LE agencies early in the investigation. Keep in mind that the LE agencies involved consisted of Chelan County Sheriff, Wenatchee PD, and Douglas County Sheriff (and others I may have overlooked). East Wenatchee PD is also likely involved in the task force.. early statements to the media were probably made by each department's spokesman and the messaging was not coordinated between each other - nor consistent. I heard quote from Wenatchee PD, Chelan SO as well as Douglas SO. Now that an investigative task force is in place, messaging and media interaction is consolidated and coordinated. If there were inconsistencies between agencies to the media early on, that is why. Now they are all at the same table...

Sorry this is a little off topic, but has anyone else gone to the Shantina Smiley thread on here?

I just noticed that it was closed for review which is probably a good thing. The people over there were so argumentative and accusatory toward innocent victims. When I tried to stand up for someone, I literally was attacked.

Anyway, I love this group here. Everyone is here for the right reason and we all respect one another and welcome new views.

You guys are awesome! :dance:

I feel so horribly for MC .. this is taking too long. Everyone is losing steam. I hope LE isn't .. I have to believe they have an idea of who this is, if not just because they knew enough to tell other locals not to worry about a crazed killer on the loose. There is a killer on the loose! This tells me (MOO) it could be a minor they are being very careful while investigating .. or they are following their suspect closely. I just don't see them not having a suspect if they claim to know that other residents need not worry.

BBM

To me, this says so much. OK, so maybe there isn't a SK on the loose, but maybe there is and this is the first strike. Regardless of what it is, he/she/they is a killer . . . on the loose.

I can't imagine what it must be like for Wenatchee and the surrounding area with such a thought in mind. Even as far away as CB people must be creeped out about this whole unfortunate case. All the more reason for LE to provide whatever is in their power and wisdom to share in order to provide a sense of peace and protection.

A killer on the loose is a loose killer and a loose cannon; and I hope that whatever set him/her/them off before does not happen again. Incarceration cannot happen too soon!

Can someone please tell me how to send a PM? Do I have to be friends first? Thank you.

I have a comment regarding early quotes from the valley LE agencies early in the investigation. Keep in mind that the LE agencies involved consisted of Chelan County Sheriff, Wenatchee PD, and Douglas County Sheriff (and others I may have overlooked). East Wenatchee PD is also likely involved in the task force.. early statements to the media were probably made by each department's spokesman and the messaging was not coordinated between each other - nor consistent. I heard quote from Wenatchee PD, Chelan SO as well as Douglas SO. Now that an investigative task force is in place, messaging and media interaction is consolidated and coordinated. If there were inconsistencies between agencies to the media early on, that is why. Now they are all at the same table...

I have often wondered if this investigation is taking so looong, for the very reasons mentioned above.

ETA: In reference to your post, you overlooked the FBI. I have been taking note of who the quotes are coming from, as well.

I have often wondered if this investigation is taking so looong, for the very reasons mentioned above.

ETA: In reference to your post, you overlooked the FBI. I have been taking note of who the quotes are coming from, as well.

Sorry... my only point was that LE was acting individually at first and now that the task force is together, all players are at the same table giving consistent information. At least, that is what they are supposed to be doing.. hehe

Originally Posted by amysmom

As someone else posted, this horrific crime was committed in Idaho.

However, the perp, Joseph Duncan, was from the state of WA. IF the state had kept him locked up, as they should have -- 2 adults and 2 children would still be alive today. And one beautiful little girl wouldn't have had her life practically destroyed; and filled with the horrific memories of witnessing her brother being tortured and murdered.

Northwest Sex Offenders

RIP, Mark, Brenda, Slade and Dylan :rose:

I'll never forget that crime.

Sorry this is a little off topic, but has anyone else gone to the Shantina Smiley thread on here?

I just noticed that it was closed for review which is probably a good thing. The people over there were so argumentative and accusatory toward innocent victims. When I tried to stand up for someone, I literally was attacked.

Anyway, I love this group here. Everyone is here for the right reason and we all respect one another and welcome new views.

You guys are awesome! :dance:

Yes, I read and post, a little, there. Sorry you got attacked!

k i need 6 more posts. So I will throw some thots out. Hope you ll dont mind....

Sorry... my only point was that LE was acting individually at first and now that the task force is together, all players are at the same table giving consistent information. At least, that is what they are supposed to be doing.. hehe

No need to be sorry, at least I don't think so, you brought up a very valid point. There are several agencies and jurisdictions involved. The public certainly would like accurate and consistent information!

What would you do, as a parent, aunt, uncle, grandparent, brother, sister, if you lost a loved one, and there was an on going investigation with no arrests? And your loved one's killer was still on the loose?....

I hope the next LE announcement, on the radio, is to say Killer is caught, and jailed. I hope this happens before the two month mark.

Does anyone recall the day that WC went to the search scene for the older gentleman that was missing? I cannot remember if that was rumor.....what did she do or say?

BBM

To me, this says so much. OK, so maybe there isn't a SK on the loose, but maybe there is and this is the first strike. Regardless of what it is, he/she/they is a killer . . . on the loose.

I can't imagine what it must be like for Wenatchee and the surrounding area with such a thought in mind. Even as far away as CB people must be creeped out about this whole unfortunate case. All the more reason for LE to provide whatever is in their power and wisdom to share in order to provide a sense of peace and protection.

A killer on the loose is a loose killer and a loose cannon; and I hope that whatever set him/her/them off before does not happen again. Incarceration cannot happen too soon!

I would be so frightened if I lived in that area! With all the investigating going on, the killer(s) can't be feeling very calm, either. That's not a good thing!

I live in Ontario, near where Russell Williams lived. I actually do my shopping in Trenton, where he worked... while Jessica Lloyd was missing, I can tell you I barely slept a wink, and when I did I had nothing but nightmares. I couldn't check my locks enough times before bed, and made sure my cellphone was right beside me. I am alone during the week - with my significant other working up north and only home on weekends - I was so relieved when they captured that predator!

I hope there is an arrest VERY soon, for MC's sake, MC's family's sake, and for Wenatchee's sake. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid