WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #20

I have been going back through the news articles and the time line posted by the Wenatchee World newspaper but can't find an answer to this question- when Mac left the Hair Academy at 3:23 per the parking lot video footage, was she just leaving for a break or was she done for the day? If it was only a break and she was expected to return in a certain amount of time when she did not come back did the Academy try to reach her on her cell phone? My understanding is that she was a good student, never late, etc...Another thought that has me wondering now that I have re-read so many articles is this- The neighbor above the house where Mac was found only noticed the tire marks on the other property the morning of the day that Mac was found. IF those tire marks are associated with this case, and she was placed at that location the night of the 12th or early morning of the 13th (the day she was found) where was she between the 9th and then?? Thanks

Hard to believe a year has passed. As this trial is close to beginning, I pray for these parents, for their families and for their hearts to be filled with some kind of peace from cherished memories and much love. The journey through this trial is going to be difficult and hard on them and I just wish them all of the love, faith and endurance they need to keep them strong.

I sense at least part the reason for a hold-over is the wait for forensic testing to complete.

It's the smart move, allowing investigators to attempt to cover all counter arguments as to the validity of evidence.

Makes one wonder though, who's advising CW .. as he has a right to call for a 'speedy' trial and AFAIK, he has not.

Also, there's one aspect that I do not believe has yet been mentioned:

Is LE searching for potential evidence of other victims?

Here are the most current articles I can find, they're from March. The trial is to start May 31, 2011.

HTH,
fran

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2011/mar/15/motions-wilson-trial-come-march-24/
The trial in Wilson’s case, in which he’s accused of the February 2010 murder of Mackenzie Cowell, is scheduled to start May 31. Cowell, 17, disappeared after leaving the Academy of Hair Design in downtown Wenatchee Feb. 9, 2010. Her body was found four days later along the shoreline at Crescent Bar; investigators said she’d been strangled, struck in the head and stabbed.

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2011/mar/23/defense-wants-special-attorney-on-wilson-case/
WENATCHEE — A substitute attorney will represent Christopher Scott Wilson on a single, narrow point in his trial for the murder of Mackenzie Cowell.

Chelan County Superior Court Judge John Bridges agreed Wednesday to appoint Wenatchee lawyer N. Smith Hagopian as “conflict counsel,” to challenge the admissibility of testimony from a single person expected to be called as a character witness against Wilson.

Murder defendant Wilson shadowed by his own persona
Saturday, April 9, 2011

Snippet:
Kathleen Zornes sees her son twice a week, and talks to him on the phone even more. It never seems to be enough. She worries he’s not getting enough sunlight. Worst of all, she’s been unable to hug her son since his arrest, six months ago.

Chris Wilson had a suggestion for her. He kept a clothing mannequin for costuming projects. When another renter moved into Chris’s former apartment, “I, of course, had to pack up all his clothes,” Zornes said. “... But I didn’t wash one of his shirts. So he said, ‘Put that on the mannequin. Then you can just hug that.’”

She smiled at the thought, then began to cry. “But it’s very difficult.”

More at: http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2011/apr/09/reasonable-doubts-murder-defendant-christopher/

Seems so strange ... that a mother would even mention this bizarre conversation with her son, in an interview about him. Blows my mind!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back