WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #20

RE: the coincidence that the person who implicated CW has the same last name

Lady L, can you provide more info or a msm article on the above reference BBM.
We have been researching IK for almost a year. IK stated that he had unknown victims in WA.. IK was very creative and deflective. Just exploring the possibilities. IK was in the western US in Feb 2010 according to the FBI timeline..
Imo, the person that murdered Mackenzie may have been surprised by someone when disposing of her body. Why else would they leave the knife in her at Crescent Bar on the Columbia River?

CW could've been surprised or he could've just ran out of steam because strangling someone, then moving the body, then attempting to saw her limbs off so that he could dispose of her in the river can be quite exhausting ... or he could've been in a hurry because he had to meet his mom and set up his alibi

here's a link about Theo Keyes:

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2012/dec/05/reward-for-breaking-the-cowell-case-29500/

Just curious. How many think an innocent man is wrongfully accused here?

maybe someone can do a poll?

there would have to be sooooo many complicit people planting evidence, committing perjury, covering up for others ...

there is direct and circumstantial evidence in this case - there's just no solid motive IMO

CW could've been surprised or he could've just ran out of steam because strangling someone, then moving the body, then attempting to saw her limbs off so that he could dispose of her in the river can be quite exhausting ... or he could've been in a hurry because he had to meet his mom and set up his alibi

here's a link about Theo Keyes:

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2012/dec/05/reward-for-breaking-the-cowell-case-29500/

TY, ladyL..

BBM & sniped from linked article; "jeeze"..

Keyes, who says he’s been diagnosed with schizoaffective and bipolar disorders, was held in the Chelan County Regional Justice Center from Nov. 26 until 3:20 p.m. Tuesday. He’s charged with second-degree criminal trespass for attempting to enter the Chelan County Courthouse just before midnight on Nov. 25, telling witnesses he needed to get important papers from a judge’s office.

Prior to that, he told a Chelan County sheriff’s deputy who stopped him for a broken brakelight on Nov. 24 that “people were following him and wanted to kill him,” according to the deputy’s report. On Nov. 10, he was arrested on suspicion of stealing a $30 jacket from the Wenatchee Shopko. In her report, the store’s loss prevention officer wrote that Keyes told her he was “homeless, has no money and needed the jacket because it’s cold outside.”

Keyes paid $1,250 bail and was released from jail Tuesday.

His 2010 letter urging attention to Wilson was written from a jail in Springfield, Ore., where he served 18 days for exposing himself to a barrista at a drive-through coffee stand.

http://www.rewardstv.net/washington-states/29500-reward-paid/#more-9922

WENATCHEE (WA)— The tipster (pictured above) who pointed police toward a conclusion in the murder of Mackenzie Cowell received his reward last December: $29,500.

Theodore A. “Theo” Keyes, 33, wrote a letter in August 2010 to the task force investigating the death of Cowell, a 17-year-old Wenatchee High School senior who went missing from downtown Wenatchee that February. She was found dead four days later on the shoreline of Crescent Bar.

The letter encouraged police to investigate Christopher Scott Wilson, a classmate of Cowell’s at the Academy of Hair Design who pleaded guilty last May to manslaughter and robbery in her death.
<read More- sniped>

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2011/apr/16/the-informants/

The Informants
by Jefferson Robbins April 16, 2011,
Theo Keyes was in trouble, and he had something important to say.

In April 2010 Theodore Aaron Keyes, 30, had exposed himself to a female barista at a drive-through coffeestand in Springfield, Ore. Local prosecutors pursued charges. The Wenatchee Valley native was arrested in July, and spent 18 days in the Springfield city jail.

While there, Keyes wrote a letter.

The February murder in his hometown of 17-year-old Mackenzie Cowell had preyed on his mind. In his letter, received by the multi-agency Mackenzie Cowell Task Force in August, he gave a name: Christopher Scott Wilson..
<Read More-Much More- Sniped>

Did anyone ever find out who they gave the lie detector tests to?
Does anyone know if Theo was ever given one?

Just watched this case on 48 hours. I'm interested to see what the thought consensus is here on WS since here you guys usually have more information than you can usually find in media.

Things do not add up. Yet, her case...... just blows away with the wind.

I just saw this episode of 48 hrs last night on ID. Wow , crazy case. I'm looking forward to reading back all of your comments :)

Melancholy? ... see the attched pic file.

Similarly pouty mouths. Sad stares. Hair dressers.

Different reasons, perhaps, but similar demeanor.

CW sat amongst the white-shirt clad friends and co-workers of MC at her memorial, back in Feb. He wore black and occassionally bit his fingernails, emotionless.

I do not know any males that bite their fingernails. I suppose they exist, but in all my years, I've never come across one.

What did CW see in MC that made him so compelled to lash out and destroy the reflection?

Was it an assumed demonstrative rejection he felt?

How could he appear as so relatively calm during the memorial service, knowing MC's blood was on his hands, and a blackness in his heart?

So far, I've not read news nor witness accounts of how MC might have felt about CW .. only about how CW possibly felt about MC.

... and what of the phone # dialed 6 times on MC's cell phone? Will that forever remain a mystery?

Might it eventually be revealed that CW was friends with a family member of the household to which that dialed number belong
s?

Doubt that.

I believe it comes down to an 'aura' CW felt that emanated from MC ... something that overwhelmed him, released an insanity which led to a terrible crime?

Or is it the simplest of motives ... sexual-advance rejection?

In most situations, the simplest typically is the most accurate.

But ... what if insanity is involved?

BBM 5 yrs later has this number ever been revealed? tia ( im only on page 16, so much to go. I hope someone who followed this case closely will come help me )

Just curious. How many think an innocent man is wrongfully accused here?

I am quite on the fence at the moment. After viewing the 48 hrs I thought he was probably innocent. But after reading back here there is a lot more evidence than the 48 hrs show addressed. I'm hoping to find something that leans me one way or the other. I don't know why he would plead guilty after saying , according to the 48 hrs episode, that he would not plead guilty for even 6 DAYS to a crime he did not commit.

Things do not add up. Yet, her case...... just blows away with the wind.
Totally agree. I was watching 48 Hours and this is probably one of the most vague and nebulous episodes I have ever seen. It does not seem like the typically comprehensive overview of crimes we, the viewers, usually get. Something doesn't seem right.

Mackenzie was a beautiful, motivated, and talented girl. She loved her boyfriend and was 100% happy with him. He is the nicest guy and was knocked for a loop when this happened, and still is. Yes, there is a lot more to the case than was portrayed in the show. CW is half way thru his prison term and Mackenzie is still dead. Her father has a wonderful wind chime outside his front door and he likes to think it's Mackenzie speaking to him thru the wind. Absolutely heartbreaking.

This is all so crazy. Somehow I had never heard of this or the Huffman murders until i stumbled across this series of threads. I am not attached to any idea yet as to CW's guilt, but I lean towards guilty.

The one thing nagging at me : Is Theodore Keyes in any way related to Israel Keyes? It is a fairly common last name, so the chance is small, but Israel's family is also HUGE. I don't know what exactly it would mean if he was. I keep finding these old threads and having so many thoughts, but since I am years behind the story, there are rarely replies to newer posts :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back