WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #20

Anyone know the exact wording regarding the autopsy and sexual contact? I'm curious if the wording is "no forcible sexual...", would the Dr be able to ascertain if there had been consensual sexual?
I'm thinking a possible mutually agreed upon sexual encounter during their break, after which MC states it is a mistake, never going to happen again etc. Suspect flips out, MC frantically misdials the same # while trying to calm down suspect. He figures out MC is trying to use her phone and is all the more enraged, and then...
Just a thought.

Could the pings be coming from the triangulation radius of 119 Okanogan?

It's close enough to the other addresses to probably fit.

I'm not convinced that MC was ever at that place. IIRC, was a 2nd floor unit, and you'd have too many issues to deal with. Possibly being heard by downstairs neighbors, and hauling body out of there. No mention of any blood splatters there, just blood in carpet pad. With rentals, that could be years old from who knows who. Cheap landlord might replace the carpet and not bother with the pad.

Doesn't mean her phone wasn't. But after 3:30, she didn't respond back to her BF, which was way out of character for her. And male fitting CW's description was possibly seen walking down Squilchuck as early as 4:30pm. There just isn't enough time in there to be more than one place (with a body in tow) before dumping the car and making a decent hike back to town.

Not to be graphic, but if she died by 3:30ish below the salon, by 9:30pm at the latest there would no longer be bleeding. No way he would risk moving a body in daylight, and why on earth take it from Point A to Point B to Point C to dump, even after dark?

You'd get it out of there at first reasonable opportunity, but risk somebody seeing you coming and going with a body from an apartment bldg full of other people coming and going? I can't see any logic behind that.

IF she died in the studio apartment, he got dumb lucky in removing a body with nobody seeing a thing.

The basement under the salon is in a more commercial area, and after dark, isn't going to be much to worry about except street traffic, and if he left at say 3am, precious little chance anybody would be out to spot him moving a large object from door to back of vehicle that he would have had parked adjacent.

Of course blood in both locations could be ages old and unrelated to Mac, but if I had to put money on one right now, it would be the basement, because LE found both splatter, and direct contact blood.

If those 6 calls were made after 3:30, i.e. 3:30-3:42, then I doubt highly Mac dialed them. Much smarter for the perp (he thinks) to use her phone if he was calling somebody to help him, since that phone was no doubt destroyed not long thereafter. Better to have them show up in her cell records than on his, because it "looks" like she made those calls. Used the phone only as long as he needed to.

Wonder if LE ever managed to find calls in the timeframe that Verizon so annoyingly lost? I bet there is a smoking gun to somebody else, IF he enlisted help moving her.

She wasn't a tiny little thing by any stretch, and once a corpse starts to get stiff (would have been in a couple hours), word is they are a lot tougher to move than a live human.

But given there was a drag trail down to the river at CB, it looks like he failed to find assistance, at least at that end. Maybe a little more than flustered at the time and thus couldn't get the phone number correct.

If he had help, I suspect if it will save his butt at all (i.e. possibility of parole), he'll roll over.

Or maybe he was trying to call a band buddy with a van or something larger than the VW. With some story about why he needed to borrow it. We'll see soon I hope if anybody else jumps out of the woodwork to points fingers his direction.

Other times, other crimes, maybe

10C11332 ASSIST PUBLIC 13:28:21 10/06/10 REINFELD JASON ACT

Name redacted because is victim

MOM CALLING IN, HER 25 YO DAUGHTER(name.. redacted by poster) IS AT LOC. WOULD LIKE CONTACT

REGARDING A RAPE THAT OCCD 10 YEARS AGO BY THE SUSPECT IN CUSTODY FOR THE COWELL

MURDER

I'm curious to hear more about this! After 10 years it would be hard to prove, but if true..... wow!

I wonder about the possible murder victim in Ellensberg. We don't know if Mr. Wilson has killed before;only that given his current residence and circumstances, it is unlikely he will again. The more I hear about Chris Wilson, the more I am reminded of Ted Bundy because Bundy also liked overkill and moved his victims around. He, also was thought of as charming, thoughtful and charismatic by acquaintances and coworkers. He, like Gary Ridgeway,often returned to "his" victim. I think Mac was rendered unconscious immediately with the other injuries coming later at the killer's leisure. It seems likely that the most blood,had she not died from an earlier trauma, would be from the neck injury. The salon basement will reveal muchhttp://ezinearticles.com/?Forensic-Blood-Spatter-Analysis---Stains-And-Spatter-From-Blood&id=934816

http://ezinearticles.com/?Forensic-Blood-Spatter-Analysis---Stains-And-Spatter-From-Blood&id=934816

Thanks Anyoldtime 48. I agree with you about Mac not being murdered there at 119 Okanogan. It would be very risky and hard to hide. I was just wondering if Christopher or someone else could have been there with Mac's phone. Hope we find out what happened to the phone. Just me wondering.

I am wondering if maybe he met Mac somewhere and she got into his vehicle to talk; then it escalated to an argument at which time he struck her on the head and knocked her unconcious. He could have drove her to the boatlaunch to get rid of the body. There have been bodies that have been found before in that area after drownings, etc. He might have seen that there was too much activity, so he tried making a few calls but could not reach anybody. When he realized she was coming around he could have tied her up with duct tape and left her somewhere while he got rid of her car up the canyon. After he got back down it would have been dark or close to it, so he could have driven his car to Crescent Bar where he decided he would have to finish the job and leave the body there. I thought I had previously read (or maybe it was heard) that whoever tried to sever her arm had gotten sick and given up. If there was vomit, maybe there was also DNA there for them to cross check, besides DNA on the duct tape. I know a friend of Wilson's said the DNA was just a hair and could have been picked up at the salon, but maybe it was a hair from his arm which would be distinguishable and not apt to be transferred unless he actually handled the tape.

I wonder about the possible murder victim in Ellensberg. We don't know if Mr. Wilson has killed before;only that given his current residence and circumstances, it is unlikely he will again. The more I hear about Chris Wilson, the more I am reminded of Ted Bundy because Bundy also liked overkill and moved his victims around. He, also was thought of as charming, thoughtful and charismatic by acquaintances and coworkers. He, like Gary Ridgeway,often returned to "his" victim. I think Mac was rendered unconscious immediately with the other injuries coming later at the killer's leisure. It seems likely that the most blood,had she not died from an earlier trauma, would be from the neck injury. The salon basement will reveal muchhttp://ezinearticles.com/?Forensic-Blood-Spatter-Analysis---Stains-And-Spatter-From-Blood&id=934816

http://ezinearticles.com/?Forensic-Blood-Spatter-Analysis---Stains-And-Spatter-From-Blood&id=934816

What possible murder victim in Ellensburg are you referring to please?

What possible murder victim in Ellensburg are you referring to please?

If you scroll back through these pages you will see where someone posted LE's affidavit to the media. One of the items mentioned is that CSW told a friend that he had onced choked a woman to death while working at a hotel. The police can only find one hotel he worked at (in Ellensburg) but no info about a death that occurred there.

If you scroll back through these pages you will see where someone posted LE's affidavit to the media. One of the items mentioned is that CSW told a friend that he had onced choked a woman to death while working at a hotel. The police can only find one hotel he worked at (in Ellensburg) but no info about a death that occurred there.

In other words, no murder in Ellensburg. That was actually me who posted the affidavit. Just trying to clarify if there was some recent murder in Ellensburg I hadn't heard about, or it was this non-event. Methinks that was just him joking around as part of his "shock" persona.

Elsewhere in media reports (please don't make me find it, might have been in Q&A at end of the press conference), LE took that one step further and stated there were no unsolved murders of women in Ellensburg and I'm inclined to believe they actually checked into that.

Question is, are there any within a couple hundred miles?

This thing seems a tad amateurish on the surface, with neither car nor body really hidden, but left around the area. And attempting to cut off an arm with an incredibly cheap piece of "sportsman's cutlery".

Amazon.com: Maxam® 9pc Sportsman’s Cutlery Set: Sports & Outdoors

So I'm not sure he's done this before, at least with a human. But I wouldn't rule out the possibility entirely either.

WW today "Investigators say it could take weeks to determine if blood found in two apartments tied to Christopher Scott Wilson is from the teenager he is charged with killing."

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/oct/12/blood-tests-could-take-some-time/

Thanks for posting that link. I missed it completely, but I think all they did was update prior story with a bit more info.

In the scheme of things "weeks" from the WA State Crime Lab is smoking fast to come back with results on a civilian murder and I hope it indeed turns out to be quick.

Just narrowing down to human or animal blood would be good to know. Patience, we aren't known so much for, and certainly LE and the prosecutor are itching to get their hands on this toot sweet as well.

I am curious why it was let out that there was an attempt, postmortem, to remove an arm when the autopsy report itself is not public. Why an arm? A souvenir?

I am curious why it was let out that there was an attempt, postmortem, to remove an arm when the autopsy report itself is not public. Why an arm? A souvenir?

Just a guess, but he may have had total dismemberment in mind followed by burying parts or who knows what. Tossing out into the river maybe, since he wouldn't be able to do that with an entire body.

Then found out in a hurry that cheap little knife wasn't going to get it done. If he was out there very late at night with her body, it might have been approaching dawn and he needed to get the H out of Dodge before risking being spotted. Or thought he heard somebody nearby and panicked and blew out of there in a hurry, which might also explain the knife left behind.

Either way, souvenir or dismemberment, one sick SOB.

UNCUT: Wilson's First Appearance 10/7/10:
http://www.kirotv.com/video/25317043/index.html

Put it on full screen and keep pausing it until you can get it to stop at 9 seconds in. Check out how CW just glares at that officer. An "If looks could kill" chilling glare!

Wow, you're right Liz! He looks haughty and pissed off. Definitely not the poker face you see on so many of the accused when they're in the courtroom.

I wanted to commment on some posts from thread #19. One talked about how men kill for sexual gratification and women kill for other reasons. As I understand it, some killers get sexual gratification from wielding power and killing, without ever actually involving sex. When someone is referred to as a sexual sadist, it doesn't necessarily mean that they enjoy inflicting pain during sex. It can also mean that violence in general gives them a sexual rush. That could be one explanation for the crime being sexually motivated but there being no rape involved. I'm not saying the crime was sexually motivated, just that we seem to lean more in that direction now that we know the suspect is a male. As for the attempted dismemberment, there was much speculation in the beginning that the murderer may have been attempting to disfigure the body to make it unidentifiable - as in removing fingerprints and teeth; and was then interrupted or too squeamish to finish the job. I so wish we could get more information so that we could verify or dismiss all of the things that have been discussed. But we've had to wait so long for a suspect to be arrested that it doesn't seem so bad to have to wait a little longer for more info...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dahliaf
Back