WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #20

Sometimes I find that "old" information has reallyinteresting things I missed the first time through. For Instance, on October 13th, in the WW, http://dailyme.com/story/2010101300...lsons-residences-timeinvestigators-figure.htm, Dee Riggs writes, "On Wednesday, investigators said Wilson's DNA was discovered Sept. 23 on a piece of duct tape at the Crescent Bar crime scene. The tape also had Cowell's blood on it." Fascinating. How did that dna analysis get done so fast when others took months?
Another gem: "He is being held on $1 million bail. He has been charged by county Prosecutor Gary Riesen with second-degree murder. " He is accused of killing Cowell "on or about" Feb. 9" If CW, by any means, had possession of Mackenzie, from the 9th to her murder could any interval of time be considered premeditation?

Just a guess, but he may have had total dismemberment in mind followed by burying parts or who knows what. Tossing out into the river maybe, since he wouldn't be able to do that with an entire body.

Then found out in a hurry that cheap little knife wasn't going to get it done. If he was out there very late at night with her body, it might have been approaching dawn and he needed to get the H out of Dodge before risking being spotted. Or thought he heard somebody nearby and panicked and blew out of there in a hurry, which might also explain the knife left behind.

Either way, souvenir or dismemberment, one sick SOB.

Maybe he did plan on "total dismemberment" cos he couldn't fit her body in his small VW..Especially if by the time he left for CB rigor had already set in..I don't believe a body can be bent (in half) once that occurs..Or maybe it's true he liked to cut up dead bodies in FHs..Whatever the plan was & why you're def right about that knife.

We heard about the 'arm' scenario just a few days after her body was found..Whoever posted it (first on WW?) def has a very good source..I personally took it as just another one of the MANY rumors at the time..I don't recall actually saying that but either way, I guess I owe that poster an apology..Whoever they are!

I wonder if the blood spray on the wall of salon basement/apartment could have occurred like this: Advances were made, she declined, started up the stairs to exit, and he came up behind and stabbed her in the neck? Does anyone know which side she was stabbed on and which why the basement wall faces etc? Just a thought, not based on facts :)

I'm thinking if there were declined advances that prompted the violence there would have also been a sexual assault... unless the violence killed her too quickly and he's not into post mortum...

Good questions on the side and angle of wound and blood... when everything comes out in the court process us normal folks will have a lot of questions answered that LE already know.

Sometimes I find that "old" information has reallyinteresting things I missed the first time through. For Instance, on October 13th, in the WW, http://dailyme.com/story/2010101300...lsons-residences-timeinvestigators-figure.htm, Dee Riggs writes, "On Wednesday, investigators said Wilson's DNA was discovered Sept. 23 on a piece of duct tape at the Crescent Bar crime scene. The tape also had Cowell's blood on it." Fascinating. How did that dna analysis get done so fast when others took months?
Another gem: "He is being held on $1 million bail. He has been charged by county Prosecutor Gary Riesen with second-degree murder. " He is accused of killing Cowell "on or about" Feb. 9" If CW, by any means, had possession of Mackenzie, from the 9th to her murder could any interval of time be considered premeditation?

I'm thinking this "duct tape" quote in that article is a typo. This is what the original "arrest" article said, "On Sept. 23, forensic experts at the Washington State Patrol Crime Lab in Cheney reported they were able to tie Wilson’s DNA profile to DNA found on a piece of duct tape recovered from where Cowell’s body was found." When I read this I was thinking why did it take 2 weeks for the police to arrest this guy if they had that evidence.
http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/...-searches-hair-salon-for-new-clues-to/?online
You can find this at the 12:15 update paragraph.

Maybe he did plan on "total dismemberment" cos he couldn't fit her body in his small VW..Especially if by the time he left for CB rigor had already set in..I don't believe a body can be bent (in half) once that occurs..Or maybe it's true he liked to cut up dead bodies in FHs..Whatever the plan was & why you're def right about that knife.

We heard about the 'arm' scenario just a few days after her body was found..Whoever posted it (first on WW?) def has a very good source..I personally took it as just another one of the MANY rumors at the time..I don't recall actually saying that but either way, I guess I owe that poster an apology..Whoever they are!

Knife was found near her body, and I can't see him taking that along if he already knew it wasn't going to work.

Given that left there, and her body not being well hidden, either he literally "lost his stomach" for it or thought he would be discovered and bolted. Maybe he lost the knife in the dark and wasn't going to risk going back after daylight fearing he might be spotted.

Or else he simply has such a high opinion of his abilities that he figured he'd never get caught. But duct tape and knife there, even if no DNA of his on the knife, and leaving her where she could be found, was sloppy work.

Heck, he didn't even get rid of her purse to make people think perhaps she had run off. Sure would like to hear they got more DNA from that car.

I'm thinking this "duct tape" quote in that article is a typo. This is what the original "arrest" article said, "On Sept. 23, forensic experts at the Washington State Patrol Crime Lab in Cheney reported they were able to tie Wilson’s DNA profile to DNA found on a piece of duct tape recovered from where Cowell’s body was found." When I read this I was thinking why did it take 2 weeks for the police to arrest this guy if they had that evidence.
http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/...-searches-hair-salon-for-new-clues-to/?online
You can find this at the 12:15 update paragraph.

Takes time to double check, get your ducks in a row, get a search warrant signed off on. He wasn't arrested until they questioned him and then presented him with the single shred of DNA evidence they had. At that point he asked for an attorney, and THEN was arrested.

Am guessing prosecutor not overly keen on going to court with nothing more than a piece of tape on the drag trail with presumably only a hair of his on it. Too easy to explain away in court. And the prosecutor only filed 2nd degree charges. They'll need a bunch more to get a conviction, and hopefully they will get enough to up it to first degree.

I think they explained it, but not in those terms, in the press conference.

Here's a news story, from Facebook and recordnews, about a woman's body found, near Ellensberg. The cause of death is unknown.

http://dailyrecordnews.com/news/article_893dc5ca-7fb1-11df-8445-001cc4c002e0.html

No relation to this case however. If there had been any indication of a murder, there would have been an update in Seattle news, and nothing has been put out by media since June 24, the day after she was reported missing and when she was found, except for a short brief in early July that they were waiting on toxicology results to determine a cause of death.

Just checked in to see how the case was going, and - WOW! - saw that an arrest had been made. Way to go, LE! I hope this helps to bring some closure to the family and all concerned!

On page two of the affidavit http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/oct/07/court-documents-sheds-light-on-case/?online to the court stating that Probable cause exists for the arrest of Christopher Scott Wilson for second degree murder. Wenatchee Police Sgt. John Kruse writes that between 4:30 and 5:30pm, on the 9th of February, three witnesses saw someone matching Wilson's description walking down Squilchuck Rd. We know only one set of footprints let away from Mackenzie's car when it was found abandoned onPitcher Canyon Rd. Either Wilson had to have had an accomplice who moved Mackenzie's body to another location while Wilson took off crosscountry to hit Squilchuck Rd., How did Wilson travel from PC to SQ and Why? Who had Mac during that time? Where is Squilchuck in relation to PC and how far apart. How walkable would it be? then, to walk down, to town? That country is rugged as I recall.

On page two of the affidavit http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/oct/07/court-documents-sheds-light-on-case/?online to the court stating that Probable cause exists for the arrest of Christopher Scott Wilson for second degree murder. Wenatchee Police Sgt. John Kruse writes that between 4:30 and 5:30pm, on the 9th of February, three witnesses saw someone matching Wilson's description walking down Squilchuck Rd. We know only one set of footprints let away from Mackenzie's car when it was found abandoned onPitcher Canyon Rd. Either Wilson had to have had an accomplice who moved Mackenzie's body to another location while Wilson took off crosscountry to hit Squilchuck Rd., How did Wilson travel from PC to SQ and Why? Who had Mac during that time? Where is Squilchuck in relation to PC and how far apart. How walkable would it be? then, to walk down, to town? That country is rugged as I recall.

Hi, I guess I didn't understand your comment about the accomplice. I was believing that he acted alone, but not entirely sure. I figured that he walked back down PC rd. to SQ and then back into town. I was thinking he then returned to where MC's body was and later that night he moved her in his vehicle to CB when nobody would see him. Walking from PC to Wenatchee is about 5 miles so very doable. I am not sure of the terrain.

I guess I was making a few assumptions based on Mac's car being on PC Rd., and thinking she must be too, while, more likely, she was already dead, or soon to be, or unconscious, at one of Wilson's residences. I think you're right about moving her later that night to Crescent Bar. The car business-her car- suggests-to me- that she went somewhere to meet him, then met with foul play. If it were his basement apt. at Mom's salon, Mac's car would be a serious problem. Later, when her moved her, he may have used Mom's VW Jetta, currently at the crimelab. blood on the basement floor, steps and wall by the steps easily could be accounted for in moving her. IMO

Maybe she never went to the salon. If I'm picturing it correctly, the apartment is the same direction as her car was last seen driving too, and fairly close to the boat launch and the salon to also be included in the radius of where her last phone ping could have come from. That would explain the more substantial amount of blood, assuming it is hers. Maybe he never moved her around once he hurt her. Maybe the blood at the salon has nothing to do with her. After the lab tests on blood and car come back (and all the information LE have that they are not sharing yet comes out) a scenario will be much easier to picture.

In any event, he was a classmate, so she would not see a red flag at any suggestion of a meeting IMO. He could have used lots of believeable madeup excuses to get her to meet with him.

This is one of the better known photos of Mackenzie. http://www.myspace.com/kenzilovesthegangsters/photos/67998034#a=0&i=68116803 I have always thought it was taken in her bathroom at home;She's taking the pictures herself, maybe? with the camera on her phone, which is still missing, I believe. Only tonight did I notice that the door is open a few inches and you can see someone sitting outside. The "last log in" used to say 2/9.

Attachments

• l_d10d68ecd23e4849986a11f6613958ed.jpg
    l_d10d68ecd23e4849986a11f6613958ed.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 89
Looks like a poster on the wall through the door to me rather than a person????

Investigators say blood found in Christopher Wilson's apartment belongs to Mackenzie Cowell. The story's developing. More to come.
14 minutes ago via HootSuite

http://twitter.com/Wenatcheeworld

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kelc3769