WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
#3 The killer(s) WANTED her found. WHY? -to get revenge, -to show off, -to get back at someone...
what do you guys think??

I have always thought Killer left her to be found because he wanted to show off or further hurt the family.

"when you watch the pictures of the memorial it seems to me like some of the family wasn't to distraught except for the one brother sitting next to the mom"

I was at the memorial and I thought her family looked tired, no actually exhausted. I think they have cried and cried. I also heard that they had her private funeral the day before.

I am very new on here. How do you do the quote thing so that the person you are replying to's (so to speak) post is in a grey box? Sorry, can anyone help?

Looks to me like there aren't that many cell phone towers, so I'm wondering how they specified her location. She would've had to have the E911 feature of her phone on, and I don't know many people who leave that on because as stated in the article, your phone automatically turns it on when you call 911. So unless she called 911 from the boat ramp, it doesn't seem likely to me. That takes me back to a theory I had that they have information actually putting her there as opposed to just getting lucky with a cell phone ping....since a cell phone ping gives a radius of "several square miles".

*Intrigued* bottom right corner of someone's post...it says "Quote", click on that in a post that you would like to quote.

Looks to me like there aren't that many cell phone towers, so I'm wondering how they specified her location. She would've had to have the E911 feature of her phone on, and I don't know many people who leave that on because as stated in the article, your phone automatically turns it on when you call 911. So unless she called 911 from the boat ramp, it doesn't seem likely to me. That takes me back to a theory I had that they have information actually putting her there as opposed to just getting lucky with a cell phone ping....since a cell phone ping gives a radius of "several square miles".

I was wondering the same thing. The only thing I could think of is that maybe some of that technology that they show on CSI is real. The Cell Phone Triangulation. I have no clue if it is real or not and I rarely watch those shows but it seems like whenever I do they locate someone using this method. Anyone know if there is any real world application of this technology?

It's been stated that if you saw her car between 3-5, in dock area, to call police. Does that mean they know she left that area by 5?

I have a question about text messages. Can the actual text of each message be retrieved by the cell phone company?

Has anyone heard a rumor of a second video connected to the case?

It's been stated that if you saw her car between 3-5, in dock area, to call police. Does that mean they know she left that area by 5?

That's a REALLY good question! And about the text message...I'm not 100% sure if they can get the actual message from the text. I'm pretty sure they know about the last ones, between her and her bf, because he told them and probably showed him on his own cell phone. As per any other texts she received that day...I have no idea if they can get the actual messages :(

Has anyone heard a rumor of a second video connected to the case?

I believe it was actually stated in a WW article that LE had more video that wasn't being released, so not a rumor.

However, I did read a comment on WW a while back by someone saying that "they were looking at our cameras where I work." No idea where the cameras/building are, though.

I have a question about text messages. Can the actual text of each message be retrieved by the cell phone company?

Its my understanding that they cannot retrieve the actual content in a text through phone records...

We often check our children’s phone records online. The records I have seen distinguish between, Text, Phone, and Digital; they do not have the actual text message. There are exceptions to this. Some smart phones store your text messages on your computer if they are synced.

I find it interesting that LE keeps changing their story. They said earlier that there was a call from her phone. For a week everyone was trying to figure out who that last call would have been from. Today, the last use of the phone was a text, the last text from her bf.

Just a simple question, are there circumstances where if I text you “hey,” would you just text back, “hey” just a question. I would have said more, unless I was mad about something?

I was wondering the same thing. The only thing I could think of is that maybe some of that technology that they show on CSI is real. The Cell Phone Triangulation. I have no clue if it is real or not and I rarely watch those shows but it seems like whenever I do they locate someone using this method. Anyone know if there is any real world application of this technology?

Here's a link about Cell Phone Triangulation...looks like it is absolutely possible.

http://searchengineland.com/cell-phone-triangulation-accuracy-is-all-over-the-map-14790

But for some reason I'm still not convinced that this is how they put her at Riverfront Park. Just a feeling I get.

I heard the video had more on it than just Mackenzie’s car. That is why I am surprised they have not made an arrest.

From research I've been doing online, it sounds like cell phone companies may hold a "backlog" of text messages for a limited period of time to ensure that they get through to the recipient (in cases where the recipient may be out of range and not able to recieve the message when it is first sent). I haven't been able to find anything conclusive on this yet though.

We often check our children’s phone records online. The records I have seen distinguish between, Text, Phone, and Digital; they do not have the actual text message. There are exceptions to this. Some smart phones store your text messages on your computer if they are synced.

I find it interesting that LE keeps changing their story. They said earlier that there was a call from her phone. For a week everyone was trying to figure out who that last call would have been from. Today, the last use of the phone was a text, the last text from her bf.

Just a simple question, are there circumstances where if I text you “hey,” would you just text back, “hey” just a question. I would have said more, unless I was mad about something?

Yes, it seems the details in the information provided to the public keeps changing. I agree the "hey" exchange is strange. I could swear that one of the earlier articles reported on the messages exchanged and they were more than just "hey." As I remember, the exchange was pretty innocuous, but more than "hey." I've gone back and read through the articles and can not find it...anybody else remember seeing that? It was in fine print on the side of one of the articles.

Does anyone know how the 911 tracking works on your phone. All I know is that when you call 911 it turns on the phones GPS, I think? I know that I have my phone GPS disengaged and it will turn on if I dial 911. I know if she dialed 911 from her phone, it should have showed up on the 911 records from that day, but maybe that is how they tracked the exact position. If, for some reason, her GPS was on, they could pinpoint her location to fifteen feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member