WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure del rio and the other person who drove by as the LE found the body can confirm that it really does NOT appear that they wanted her body found. You have to go to this property before you can make a statement like this because it is like a jungle there. I will link these pictures again: http://www.kirotv.com/slideshow/news/22603743/detail.html

Pictures 2 and 3 are misleading because the body was found about 500 feet from here. Look at picture 5, behind the police in the thick brush is where her body was discovered. This beach is NOT an area frequented by people and I highly suspect the killer was very shocked her body was discovered so quickly.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the water pretty low this time of year at the river. I've seen the Columbia get pretty high and fast during the spring. If they put the body in the brush next to the water and waited for spring runoff, the body could have washed away on it's own at a later date and no one would have been the wiser to where it had been. It would then have possibly been found much further downriver. If the water didn't rise, then what are the odds that someone would find the body before the house was bought and someone tried to landscape or do something with that area, if ever. By the time that happened there would be nothing but bones that might never have been found either. I agree that the killer didn't think anyone would be walking along that beach especially with the house being vacant.

A couple of my observations/comments in Red

//snippage// only one set of footprints //snippage//

I hope this gets wrapped up soon by LE.

Why must we assume the car was stopped and parked at its eventual discovery point? MC could have been forced to stop her car someplace short of the dirt surface, forced out, etc. ... and a perp moved the car farther along PC?

It's possible.

Still looking back through old articles. Found this quotation by the Task Force spokesman. WTF?

Cowell was last seen by surveillance cameras as she was leaving the Academy of Hair Design. The cameras didn't capture anyone suspicious in the parking lot, and investigators said Cowell didn't appear to be in a hurry.

"We have pretty much ruled out that this is an abduction," police Capt. Doug Jones said last week. "She got into that car alone we had the car under surveillance all day."

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/85203917.html#idc-container

I believe this is commonly assumed to mean the parking lot is under 24 hr surveillance to hard drive (or vhs, ugh) and LE reviewed that daily record and found that no one approached her vehicle since MC parked it in the am.

If MC actually had been under LE surveillance, we might expect LE would have followed her as she left the parking lot ...

Still looking back through old articles. Found this quotation by the Task Force spokesman. WTF?

Cowell was last seen by surveillance cameras as she was leaving the Academy of Hair Design. The cameras didn't capture anyone suspicious in the parking lot, and investigators said Cowell didn't appear to be in a hurry.

"We have pretty much ruled out that this is an abduction," police Capt. Doug Jones said last week. "She got into that car alone we had the car under surveillance all day."

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/85203917.html#idc-container

The choice of words in these two sentences has bothered me since I first read this article.

The cameras didn't capture anyone suspicious

Makes me think....... Ok, so who DID the cameras capture that day?

If not a "suspicious" person, maybe someone.... FAMILIAR ....to MC?
Someone she...KNEW, or THOUGHT she KNEW, or PRETENDED to KNOW.... of course.....THAT PERSON(S) would not look SUSPICIOUS.

Why didn't they say: "the cameras didn't capture ANYONE...." or even "...ANY SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY"?

Then this part:

She got into that car alone

when added to the first quote, makes me think...

OK.... so was this FAMILIAR PERSON already IN THE CAR, when MC got in it...ALONE?

I dunno, I'm just sayin'.......:confused:

When I looked at VDD's court records and went to the 2nd 2005 case that is blue on the left, it mentioned "redacted" on 2/24/10, but it doesn't say what is being redacted. I wasn't sure if I could post the link though... It looks like he has a court date tomorrow 3/9 at 2:30 about it?

Maybe because he was a juvenile (17) when this occurred?

there is now a new thread for Mackenzie Cowell #7 just in case some don't know and are wondering why nobody is here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea