WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
About the missing phone:

Either it's in the river, or it is smashed to pieces. I don't think it will be found whole, and in working condition. (I'm just guessing...)

Funny thing is, I doubt it contains any evidence which police don't already have.

Maybe the "somewhere else" they came from was from the murder scene located up a dirt/muddy road, not just looking for another place to dump the car. It would make sense, because you want the murder scene in an out of the way location. I'm leaning towards a house under construction farther up the Squilchuck valley.

Still the mud could have came from just beyond where the car was dumped up Pitcher Canyon but they decided against driving directly in front of the picture window on the next house up. Or the car wash was just a bogus rumor to begin with???

Anyway know of property recently purchased or building permits located up towards Mission Ridge that our prime players might have on file?

The two places on that end of town that I can think of as having construction are:

Fact#1- Partway between the edge of town and the entrance to Pitcher Canyon Road, there is quite a bit of new construction occuring in two seperate developments that sit between Squilchuck Rd and Methow St.

Theory/conjecture Pretty visable in there though- I just dont see this area being somewhere someone would commit a crime and not be seen.

Fact#2- Whispering Ridge- a development after Squilchuck Road splits and up the turn and hill heading toward Malaga from the Gravel Pit. There are a ton of undeveloped lots up there, as well as a mix of ongoing construction and completed homes. This is where I was today when I almost got stuck.

Theory/Conjecture When I saw where someone else had been there previously, spun fairly deep when turning, I got a bit of a chill thinking about the possibility of MCs car being up there, possibly doing the same thing.

Hoppy stated:

Good thing they've changed that policy. In this case we wouldn't have a darn thing to chat about without the rumors.

I think it was Colonel Mustard with the candlestick! :angel:

About the missing phone:

Either it's in the river, or it is smashed to pieces. I don't think it will be found whole, and in working condition. (I'm just guessing...)

I agree - if the perp is cleaver enough to have this many people stumped (partially because of tight lipped LE), then I just don't see anyone hanging on to it. Too much of a liability.

As for child support, it is ordered until the child reaches the age of 18 OR graduates, whichever happens last. The parents must petition the court for postsecondary support prior to the child's 18th birthday, or graduation, whichever happens last. If they don't petition, it's barred and neither parent is required to help pay for postsecondary support. So in MC's case, child support would have stopped in June when she graduated.

who reported MC missing before she was murdered?

At this point, we can't be certain if Mackenzie was reported missing prior to being murdered. KWIM?

Holy cow! I'm finally caught up! Only took me all day. I think there are a lot of good theories that have been floating around on here (if you want to call something in this situation good). I pray this comes to rest soon. As a mother, I just can't fathom someone doing this to their own child. Unfortunately, all you have to do is turn on the TV anymore and you hear about it more and more every day. :sick:

Once everything is out in the open, I will be very, very (VERY!) surprised if drugs are not involved, at least in some capacity. There are so many theories and it could go so many different directions: (1) MC knew that JF was heavily involved in using or dealing and threatened to "out" him to WC who might then kick him out thus cutting off his financial security (even if it wasn't all that "secure", but at least a place to stay for free); (2) MC knew that both JF and WC were involved and was going to tell dad, move in permanently with him, and cut ties with WC; (3) MC herself was involved with drugs either using or dealing (the car wash theory that someone else told us about?); (4) MC was naive and wanted to "try" drugs but hooked up with the wrong person; (5) . . . and the list goes on . . .

Remember folks - drugs do not always mean street drugs like pot, meth, cocaine, etc. Prescription meds are becoming a HUGE problem with the young crowd these days, and frequently there are no tell-tale signs that someone is abusing them. That does not make them bad people - just people with problems.

All SPECULATION, and MOO.

The property at CB just sold for $777,946.00. How much did the property value drop since a body was found on it? Does anyone know what Springer Development is planning on doing with the property?

Wait, what?? That property just sold today? That's a little odd, considering all of the press it has gotten lately. I thought it was listed for $650,000??

Yes, it is nice to be caught up with the discussion! When I left a few hours ago the discussion was on page 26 of thread #7.

Now a question. Someone in the last thread mentioned that "missing" flyers/posters were distributed in Wenatchee today. IIRC, it was stated that the flyer/poster said that MC had left the beauty school for a 15 minute break?

If someone has a copy of the poster, perhaps it could be scanned as a pdf and uploaded here? I for one would like to see it.

Wait, what?? That property just sold today? That's a little odd, considering all of the press it has gotten lately. I thought it was listed for $650,000??

No it looks like the property sold in November to Springer Development.

Yes, it is nice to be caught up with the discussion! When I left a few hours ago the discussion was on page 26 of thread #7.

Now a question. Someone in the last thread mentioned that "missing" flyers/posters were distributed in Wenatchee today. IIRC, it was stated that the flyer/poster said that MC had left the beauty school for a 15 minute break?

If someone has a copy of the poster, perhaps it could be scanned as a pdf and uploaded here? I for one would like to see it.

Ditto

Hi everyone. I'm new to this, and am so impressed by all of your sleuthing!! Dang it they've got to get that monster and fast!! Please catch me up on a couple of things: :waitasec: 1. Who was at the car wash, WC? or MC? and when? And was there definitely a man with her and has anyone suggested who he could be? And was the car wash info mentioned by police or how did you know about it? And, 2. where is the "spec house" and are you thinking the murder occurred there (or where else?) or just that MC's body was kept there for a while? Thanks!

Unless I am reading the Property Summary wrong, it says that Springer Development purchased it from the previous owner. I thought that it was foreclosed also?

Ok, all you sleuths who think you know who is responsible for the death of MC, call the crime tips line, and try to collect your reward. If you are correct, in your theory, arrests will be made, and you should be paid. :detective::smile:

Hi everyone. I'm new to this, and am so impressed by all of your sleuthing!! Dang it they've got to get that monster and fast!! Please catch me up on a couple of things: :waitasec: 1. Who was at the car wash, WC? or MC? and when? And was there definitely a man with her and has anyone suggested who he could be? And was the car wash info mentioned by police or how did you know about it? And, 2. where is the "spec house" and are you thinking the murder occurred there (or where else?) or just that MC's body was kept there for a while? Thanks!

Al this is speculation based on what someone reported someone else saw or heard.

1. MC was rumored to be at the car wash with an unknown male on the afternoon of the day she went missing.
2. The spec house is a house owned by WC. If I understand correctly, the speculation is that something happened there because it was searched by LE more than once, but it's unknown what happened there, if anything.

The address listed for Springer Development, is for a man who works at Banner Bank. That seems odd?

Ok, all you sleuths who think you know who is responsible for the death of MC, call the crime tips line, and try to collect your reward. If you are correct, in your theory, arrests will be made, and you should be paid. :detective::smile:

Haha, I wish :)

Unfortunately they want evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members