WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
All these rumors are making me dizzy. Some of the rumors have to be true???

If the spec house is a factual possible place of crime...could it be the last place Killer was? MC's last place was at CB...but maybe Killer went to spec house, next?

Does or has anyone found any other cases in our state or even our neighboring states that have a similar MO? There are a few reasons I am not sold on the perp not having prior experience/attacks. If you look at what the LE has let out they have little to nothing to go on. Someone who is going to kill for the first time is unlikely to have so many different crimes scenes where they could leave more evidance. Everything would have been located in one spot they wouldn't have tried so hard to throw off LE no would they have gone and placed her body with the chance of getting caught. To me this comes across as someone who has done this before which is an unsettling thought because this is someone who is in my community, our community. No one knows when she was actually killed and could have very well been alive up and untill she was transported to CB. The LE wont say if this was a random or personal attack as well as added that they called the FBI in so quickly that perhaps the MO was red flagged so that they would be notified if something were to pop up. This person had things planned out well. They used a knife that, as far as I have been able to track, was not sold in the area. They didn't leave much at either locations PC or CB and have not yet had their crime scene where they did kill her discovered. This has left plenty of time for them to clean up what they have done without anyone being aware of what they were doing. This is a very popular place for hunting and camping. This person could be an avid hunter which would explain how they would know where to leave the car without it being seen as well as knowing when and where to leave her in CB. The manner in which MC's life was taken is a very close and personal way of ending her life. IF and I mean IF this were a hunter they could very well be other girls out there that no one knows about and he wanted LE to know he existed. Far out there yes but not too far if you look at our serial killer history in WA state. Seems like we Grow and Breed them here. Any thoughts on this?

Just one more thought about the crime scene being a vehicle, perhaps a full size van would provide enough room? IDK, just putting it out there as more speculation.

I noticed you are referring to "perp" rather than initials. Something specific change your minds or were the initials inappropriate?

Hi deborahr509 :) I'm not sure if this was directed at me but thought maybe it was because I just made a long post and talked about the perp.

I have seen no evidence that anyone person is responsible for Mackenzie's murder. There has been lots of speculation and rumor but very little to substantiate any of that speculation or rumor.

I am not convinced this crime was committed by a male.

As for using initials - initials are appropriate - I just don't think the initials of the true perp have been posted yet.

Salem

Hello there everyone. This is my first post - after monitoring (prefer that term vs. lurking) this case from Thread #1 for a couple of weeks. I am impressed with the mutual level of respect that is required from moderators and delivered from patrons on this site. Look forward to participating, although I've read it a couple of times >> would anyone be willing to enlighten me to getting my post "count" up towards 50 (so sorry to have to ask). Many features here I'll need to become familiar with.

Hi deborahr509 :) I'm not sure if this was directed at me but thought maybe it was because I just made a long post and talked about the perp.

I have seen no evidence that anyone person is responsible for Mackenzie's murder. There has been lots of speculation and rumor but very little to substantiate any of that speculation or rumor.

I am not convinced this crime was committed by a male.

As for using initials - initials are appropriate - I just don't think the initials of the true perp have been posted yet.

Salem

You're not convinced this was committed by a male? It would take a pretty big & strong woman to strangle another woman who is tall and strong, don't you think?

Earlier I was an advocate to the possibility of this murder being related to other murders. What if we simplify what has happened? Could this be gang related? I heard something!!!! If it is, that would complicate a case. There could be many people involved. The weekend after MC disappeared, gang activity peaked and several people were arrested for a drive by, a few days later a couple more were picked up. I know, first hand that many if not all people on probation were called in to their probation officers and checked for violations. Some of them are still being held. If this involved many people, gang members are notorious for not talking, it may take a while for the police to construct what happened. This could also mean that many people were working on this independently. MC’s car could have been driven all over town by one person, while she was in the car with another on her way to Crescent Bar. It is possible that gangs could know about Crescent Bar because it is a hangout during the summer and near Quincy. They also have very active gangs? It could also tie in with the guy who Mackenzie had the restraining order against from 2005. Is he currently in a gang? He is in jail, to the best of my knowledge, what is he going on trial for and could MC have had some information that she was going to be testifying to?

Just a couple of thoughts.

Regarding the COD, the blunt force trauma and strangulation seems plausible in that order, but the stab wound seems totally superfluous. Perhaps the stab wound was postmortem and happened when a knife or other sharp instrument slipped when cutting tape, or something else? In that case there might not be much blood evidence at all, especially if rigor mortis had set in.

Just speculating . . .

ETA - But then, the stab wound was listed as a COD. I would think they would be able to tell if it was postmortem or not.

This makes me think maybe two perps and the harm in reverse order. If someone tried to strangle her and she fought back, the 2nd perp could have hit her with something? Maybe knocked her off her feet? Allowing the 1st perp to regain their control over her. Why the stabbing then? To hurt her more? Scare her? Just to be mean? It doesn't seem that a person would stab someone and then strangle/hit them does it? The victim would automatically back up from the stabbing instrument, making it harder for the perp to hit/strangle them?

Salem

Earlier I was an advocate to the possibility of this murder being related to other murders. What if we simplify what has happened? Could this be gang related? I heard something!!!! If it is, that would complicate a case. There could be many people involved. The weekend after MC disappeared, gang activity peaked and several people were arrested for a drive by, a few days later a couple more were picked up. I know, first hand that many if not all people on probation were called in to their probation officers and checked for violations. Some of them are still being held. If this involved many people, gang members are notorious for not talking, it may take a while for the police to construct what happened. This could also mean that many people were working on this independently. MC’s car could have been driven all over town by one person, while she was in the car with another on her way to Crescent Bar. It is possible that gangs could know about Crescent Bar because it is a hangout during the summer and near Quincy. They also have very active gangs? It could also tie in with the guy who Mackenzie had the restraining order against from 2005. Is he currently in a gang? He is in jail, to the best of my knowledge, what is he going on trial for and could MC have had some information that she was going to be testifying to?

Ug, I feel like we're back at square one. I was comfortable in our other POI, now you throw this at us. And it TOTALLY makes sense. Why does it feel like we are going in circles?

You're not convinced this was committed by a male? It would take a pretty big & strong woman to strangle another woman who is tall and strong, don't you think?

Not really, it only takes 4lbs of pressure to cut off the air supply and to add that she was hit in the head as well this could have been relatively easy for a woman to commit. MC most likely had very strong legs as she was a dancer but that does not mean she had a lot of upper body strength as a majority of women do not especially as teen. This would also make things easier to control her if she were not as strong in her upper body.

Hello there everyone. This is my first post - after monitoring (prefer that term vs. lurking) this case from Thread #1 for a couple of weeks. I am impressed with the mutual level of respect that is required from moderators and delivered from patrons on this site. Look forward to participating, although I've read it a couple of times >> would anyone be willing to enlighten me to getting my post "count" up towards 50 (so sorry to have to ask). Many features here I'll need to become familiar with.

O/T Go to the Games forum in the Members Only portion of the site. It is near the bottom of the front page. There are a couple of games that will help you get your post count up quickly - the Counting Backwards game and the Word game. Have fun :)

Salem

I'm with Salem on the "anyone person"... I still feel like there were two people involved.

And although I hate to even speculate this, I am not convinced at all that MC was dead by the time her car was found. The way that article is worded, it is obvious they are giving us just enough to keep us happy for the time being. This is all so neat, it seems premeditated and like a revenge killing. It's all so Heathers crossed with C.S.I.

Is someone being protected? Is that why there is such a need for strong evidence? I smell something strange, and it's not just the s**t factory.

All IMOO

I have to wonder if this talk of a 3rd scene is perhaps a red herring tactic used by LE to lull the perp into revisiting one of the aforementioned areas to try and get rid of any evidence he may have left behind, or perhaps to just give him a temporary feeling of security.

I just think that the timeline is so tight here that LE is probably fully aware of all the movements of Mac and the POI in the time frame in question. Of course, that's assuming that she was killed before her car was found.

Good thought. I don't think so though because if it were, I don't think LE would still be waiting to arrest someone. If LE had the actual murder crime scene, then I would think they would have been able to collect the necessary forensics to identify a perp(s) and arrest them. However, having said all that - you could be absolutely right. It is not all that uncommon for LE to be misleading when it is helpful to their investigation.

I agree this is a very tight timeline. Having Mackenzie on the video and knowing when her phone pinged is very helpful.

Salem

I have heard the gang theory floating around in the community, and possibly female gang members involved.

VDD was reported to be in the clink at the time of MC's disappearance, and is no longer. I'm not aware of any trials for him coming up? Anyone else have more knowledge on his status?

None the less, it has been speculated MC's death could have been retaliation on DV's behalf by gangs or girls.

My questions are:

How did they get her out of her car and into another vehicle? I have not heard of MC having any verifiable association with gang members? It has been said that this crime was committed by someone close to her, that it would seem she trusted?

I have heard the gang theory floating around in the community, and possibly female gang members involved.

DV was reported to be in the clink at the time of MC's disappearance, and is no longer. I'm not aware of any trials for him coming up? Anyone else have more knowledge on his status?

None the less, it has been speculated MC's death could have been retaliation on DV's behalf by gangs or girls.

My questions are:

How did they get her out of her car and into another vehicle? I have not heard of MC having any verifiable association with gang members? It has been said that this crime was committed by someone close to her?

I do not think that MC had any gang association. She may have been a frined of someone that had a gang association? She does not seem like the type of person that would be directly involved in a gang. This was just a theory based on her relationship to VDD. Yes he was in jail and was sentenced on March 1st.

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/mar/05/news-of-record/

It was just a thought trying to make sense of the evidence.

Not really, it only takes 4lbs of pressure to cut off the air supply and to add that she was hit in the head as well this could have been relatively easy for a woman to commit. MC most likely had very strong legs as she was a dancer but that does not mean she had a lot of upper body strength as a majority of women do not especially as teen. This would also make things easier to control her if she were not as strong in her upper body.

how does anybody know how she died? the autopsy report hasn't been out yet.

alot of people in wenatchee says she was a nice girl who was busy with school. i really don't think she had time to be in a gang. she might of had a terrible past but it seems like she was looking forward to a better life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500