WA WA - Nancy Moyer, 36, Tenino, 6 March 2009

No answers yet on missing woman

The Thurston County Sheriff's Office, which is leading the investigation into Moyer's disappearance, had no news about the investigation into Moyer's disappearance Wednesday.

Thurston County Chief Criminal Deputy James Chamberlain said investigators have no new leads that might help locate her

Thurston County Chief Criminal Deputy James Chamberlain said he was aware of the search, but the sheriff's office is not participating. He said the sheriff's office is going to conduct a search-and-rescue effort with bloodhounds from Nancy Moyer's home in the 700 block of state Route 507, but he did not have a date.

http://www.theolympian.com/southsound/story/792047.html

I wonder if the coworker was at the convenience store with her when she stopped. I also wonder if his wife was home at the time or anyone else who could vouch for him.

If no one was home that can corroborate when he arrived home exactly... I wonder if he went to Nancy's for a glass of wine and things got out of hand??? moo of course....

His statement about "unplugging the phone" was creepy!!!!!!!!! Wonder if her phone was actually unplugged????

I just read Matthew's blog posts and its a little creepy. More than a little creepy:

"You should see the love around here. Someone brought in donuts on Friday when we got the stack of flyers. Sorry, I know you hate missing treat days! If it's any consolation, Debbie has been ready to make Rae's dip since Monday, but she said we'll wait cause it's your favorite. (Talk about loyalty!)

Seriously though, everyone's real worried and we're working real hard to find you. I need you to be strong for us and hang it there a little longer. I can't tell you how many people are pulling for you. Please be strong. We all miss you. Talk to you again soon.

-Matthew"

This guy is odd. She's missing and he's talking like she merely has another appointment and can't be there. I seriously doubt she's concerned with missing treat days right now. And it's like he's enjoying the attention this situation brings a little too much.

So I looked up the co-worker Matthew a little- and in 2005, he was living in Chicago. So he hasn't lived in Washington for more than 4 years. Here's the link I found, its an open letter Matthew and his wife wrote about moving from Chicago. Its not exactly relevant, but it shows that maybe Matthew had a less than ideal home-life. I have no idea.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1467374/posts

I say I have to agree with alot of the comments on there. That piece was weird.

ETA: there seems to be sense of entitlement.

This guy is odd. She's missing and he's talking like she merely has another appointment and can't be there. I seriously doubt she's concerned with missing treat days right now. And it's like he's enjoying the attention this situation brings a little too much.

Yeah, it seemed to me when I first read it like he was talking to an Angel. I know some people pray by actually talking to loved ones who have died, as if they were calling them on the phone. But its really, really strange here in this situation- if she is missing and fighting for her life I doubt she cares what someone baked.

I wonder if the coworker was at the convenience store with her when she stopped. I also wonder if his wife was home at the time or anyone else who could vouch for him.

If no one was home that can corroborate when he arrived home exactly... I wonder if he went to Nancy's for a glass of wine and things got out of hand??? moo of course....

His statement about "unplugging the phone" was creepy!!!!!!!!! Wonder if her phone was actually unplugged????
----------------------------------------------------------
Per news articles, coworker was dropped off after work at his home.
Nancy went to Thriftway alone.

But, as you said, was that verified by LE?
You know there is always a little bit of truth in statements people make.
Think of Casey A saying, 'Caylee is really close by.'

So, when you look at what Matthew has said:
'snipped'

'phone unplugged, chilling', ' we had a hard week at work.'
'
' everyone's real worried and we're working real hard'
'to be strong for us and hang it there a little longer.
'many people are pulling for you.'
'be strong.'
and the oddest thing imo is; ' Talk to you again soon.'
WHAT?

Matthew blogs:
'a hole in my life and there's
a hole in this office,"
'He's on an emotional roller coaster since Nanny Mo Mo(sounds like a pet nickname) is missing.
AND
Matthew and his wife have created the missing web site.
She is missing. He acts like she is out for a couple of days, sick with the flu.

I find his behavior 'odd'.
REDACTING any information about underage children not involved in this
And he has time to create a missing person blog for a coworker.
On one hand, a very kind, generous thing to do
OR
On the other hand, a sign of guilt.

If I were LE, I would be going over Nancy's home with a fine tooth comb and bringing out the search dogs
and
bring Matthew in for an interview and just let him talk.

Hi everyone. I am familiar with the Tenino area, and my brother has lived there for 20 years. I called him today at work and asked him questions!

He does not know Nancy but has seen her around the town. Keep in mind, Tenino, the actual town, is very small. But the surrounding areas are vast and some are very rural. My brother is one of those home owner's who has a lot of property, about 10 acres. He and my sil are taking their dogs this weekend and walking his property, and they will try to participate in the search on Saturday.

There is a dirt road in front of his house that goes several miles up to the forest and at the top is a water tower. It's a popular hangout for teens and he said it's the usual local dumping ground for garbage, furniture, appliances etc., He has seen lots of people wandering by and searching.

He doesn't know much more than what has been reported but people are talking at the store etc., He said most people don't believe the co-worker is involved, and the talk is he's just a really nice guy and is good friends with Nancy. So FWIW on that. The mood of most locals is creeped out and scared. Can't say I blame them.

He said there are quite a few RSO's in the area (as there are everywhere unfortunately). I went to the City of Tenino website and found a link for RSO's. I put in the 700 block of where Nancy lives and it shows 6 RSO's within 2 miles of her home :(

Anyway, sorry for the novel LOL. I just wanted to throw this out there. He said he would call me if he hears anything and will give me updates on the searches.

I wondered the same thing about the phone. "Most" mothers would not unplug their phone with their kids away and i wonder if it was unplugged to. This guy may not be involved at all but things sure are weird about the blog posts and the comments he makes. True he may be a nice guy and friends with her also but there are alot of murderers that are nice guys and friends with the person they kill. It happens everyday. With that said,my mind still wonders about this guy until i hear otherwise.

I should have stated that "most people my brother has talked to" instead of most people. I certainly don't want to speak for "most people" in Tenino, or anywhere else for that matter. I'm pretty sure he hasn't talked to the whole town ;)

I bet a lot of folks probably have a hinky feeling about the co-worker. And I agree, lots of nice guys and good friends kill people. Maybe they are looking at him. I haven't seen anywhere that he has been cleared or has an alibi.

Matter of fact, I haven't seen much of anything about any POI. It's very quiet. Which leads me to believe they are just as baffled as anyone. But then again, maybe not.

JMHO.

It seems this co-worker was the last to see Nancy. And he is planting himself in the middle of everything and - at least - wants everyone to believe he has intimate knowledge about Nancy. At the very least, it's weird. IMO, he is involved in this up to his eyeballs. Just a matter of time......

I hope she's ok, but I don't think that's the way this is going to go, sadly.

The "unplugging the phone" comment could just be a figure of speech. I am about the same age (okay, just a couple years older, but...) and we have always used the phrase "unplugged the phone" to mean that we want some down-time or not to be bothered for a bit. It is a pre-cell phone era phrase from when we literally unplugged the phone to keep it from ringing. Just my thoughts on that minor comment.

this coworker has inserted himself as "strange stuff" (moo) in this case and until he is cleared of his "strangeness" I have serious doubts about him.... I hope they find her soon....and safe... but I have a feeling the last person that saw her did something to her that renders that impossible. Until we know more I pray for the best. I still am opting in the fashion that the last person that saw her did this. The glass of wine in the house and all her things still there..... come on.... (((sorry nurse is just sick of this crap! These cases like this!!!)))

Please leave minor children that are not involved in this case out of the discussion. TY!

Was it me?
Did i say something wrong that her girls must be worried?
Or are you talking about something totally different?
Please tell me if i did something wrong???
I'm confused for real...?????

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatHappenedToJAB
Back