WA WA - Richard 'Cody' Haynes, 11, Kittitas, 12 Sept 2004

— People here have come together to try to find an 11-year-old boy missing since September, with two important exceptions: his father, and the father's live-in girlfriend.

A community search and a candlelight vigil for Richard "Cody" Haynes Jr. (search) took place without Richard "Rick" Haynes and Marla Jaye Harding, who have retained a lawyer and refuse to talk formally with investigators.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,139784,00.html :furious:

I am furious!!!!!!!!!!

Makes me furious too....very suspicious!!!!! This is the third thread...can someone please merge? :)

messiecake said:
sorry!!!!!!!!!! :blushing: :D

It's easy to do when you read a story so upsetting!!! There are so many that do not derserve to be parents!! When I first read this yesterday I was thinking "now what now?" Sick.

I just read about this and I am so saddened that there has been so little media attention to this story. This man goes looking for car parts for 13 1/2 hours? Yikes! And obviously the girlfriend, who is a former CPS worker that was fired and denied unemployment, has not told anyone when he went missing! This is so horrendous and I can not believe that these people have not been arrested. And the MOTHER was in jail for child abuse? These poor children. :furious:

Just found this thread while googling for anymore information on this case. I'm curious to know if Cody's Grandpa posting on this thread is his maternal or paternal grandpa.

I hate to even think it but I have a feeling this is going to be a case I follow, kinda like JBR.

sinisterurge said:
are there any updates yet on Cody?

Sadly, there are no updates at this time. His applications have been done, and I will post links as soon as they become available.

With love and HOPE, Lanie

Nothing new on Cody's whereabouts. Here is a link to a recent news article in the local paper that tells the story fairly well: http://www.kvnews.com/articles/2004/12/03/news/news03.txt

Thank you all for your interest. The news hasn't said much about it but the father did cooperate completely with the police at first. He even went with them as they searched for Cody. It wasn't until he felt he was being accused of something that he withdrew. Also, the lawyer was first retained to help get the girls back from CPS.

David Haynes

Hello David,

Thank you for link. I am so sorry about your grandson. Cody looks like a sweet boy. I have had him posted on my forum since mid-September, hoping he would be found by now.

We all that the media can spin things a certain way, which is not always the truth. The main thing here is to find Cody.

Please feel free to contact me.

Kelly Jolkowski, Mother of Missing Jason Jolkowski
President and Founder,
Project Jason
www.projectjason.org

This story was just aired on Greta and the police received new information and a search has gone on at the fathers home and several items were removed. What a cute little kid.....makes me so sad. They are suspecting foul play and I hope they nail the father and girlfriend!!!!!!

KITTITAS, Wash. -- Police on Monday executed a search warrant at the home where an 11-year-old boy was living when he disappeared last Sept. 12.

Police said they were looking for any evidence that Cody Haynes might have been assaulted inside the home the night before he disappeared, KNDO-TV of Yakima reported.

"Apparently, he was subjected to some kind of physical discipline, which could very well border on an assault of a child or child abuse," said Chief Steve Dunnagan of the Kittitas Police Department.

Dunnagan said police got the warrant because of statements made by the boy's father, Richard Haynes.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/aplocal_story.asp?category=6420&slug=WA Missing Boy

**The police chief speaking by phone on Greta said it was not the father or girlfriend who made the statement...evidently it was someone very close to the family.

Prayers for this little boy.

I plan to profile Cody on my website if he reaches the six-month disappearance mark -- which I hope doesn't happen.

I hope he's out there somewhere, doing all right, maybe staying at a shelter somewhere.

I have been following the story as I am from the same area. There are good articles in the Ellensburg Daily Record and there is another in the Spokeman Review (Spokane). If you want to read the whole article in the Spokeman Review you have to pay $1.95.

I have been very suspecious of the whole story that the father and "girlfriend" have reported. First of all, who goes out at 2:30 am to find car parts. And then the father supposedly got lost, he was supposed to be going south to the Tri-Cities but ended up near Spokane (east of here). Then before he left he told the girlfriend not to bother the boy because he was in trouble. Apparently in the 18 hours between when he was sent to his room and when he was next checked on, nobody saw or heard from him. I don't know about Cody but in 18 hours I would need to go to the bathroom.

The "parents" will not cooperate with authorities and when interviewed by a Yakima tv station, they would not allow their faces to be shown. The father said that Cody ran away. At first they were looking for his mother in Florida, when in actuality she was in Colorado and had had no contact with Cody for years. If he had ran away, wouldn't somebody have seen him?

The jist of the Spokesman Review article was that there was evidence of a severe beating and that one of his sisters was the one who told police. The girls have since been placed in foster care. This was not the first time the family had contact with Child Protective Service (CPS). The kids were taken out of public school to be home schooled.

It is a sad story, with, I have a feeling, a sad ending.

As of today Cody Haynes is still missing. The most current info is that the Washington State Crime Scene Unit did a search of his father's house. The siblings have been removed from the home into Child Protection Service. According to an article in the Spokesman Review (Spokane, WA paper) when one of his sister's was interviewed she apparently implicated that something happened to Cody. I did put an update in his section for more info.

Richard is STILL missing. He has been missing since September 23rd 2004. Where IS HE?

Missing persons page: http://www.pollyklaas.org/missing/kids/pdf/pdf1/Haynesfly.pdf

All Codys yahoo google matches
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=richard+cody+haynes+missing&meta=

All Codys yahoo matches
http://uk.search.yahoo.com/search?f...8859-1&p=richard+cody+haynes+missing&meta=vc=

Can't find any new information on this case at all.

MeggilyWeggily has added Richard to her site -full name Ricahrd Lee Haynes Jnr
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/haynes_richard.html

Please don't forget him. He is a child who is missing.

This child and his case touched my heart when I first heard about it. This little boy is such a doll. Look at those eyes. Why have they not been able to find out something about him?

Ang

I will not forget!

Me too Angerella. Thankyou!!!!!!!!!!!111 :angel:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member