TypeUnidentified Deceased
Date Body Found April 5, 2004
NamUs Case Created July 29, 2009
ME/C QA Reviewed July 30, 2009
Location Found
Location Roy, Washington 98580
CountyPierce County
GPS Coordinates (Not Mapped)46:55.512N and 122:26.667W

Circumstances of Recovery - Man walking in wooded area owned by a timber company found portion of a human skull. Law enforcement was contacted and involved the medical examiner. Scene searched further and various bones (some consistent with portions of the human skull and some non-human) were recovered.
Details of Recovery
Inventory of Remains --
Condition of Remains Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Last edited:

Exclusions for UP5671 Roy, WA per NamUs:
MP25757 Nhi Nguyen 05/01/1985 Clallam WA

MP12715 Xiang Sun 09/23/2000 Boone MO
MP787 Elizabeth Allen 02/23/1993 Island WA
MP7793 Cynthia Long 11/19/1980 Pierce WA

MP7548 Susan Hoppes Bennett 08/09/1993 Pierce WA

Exclusions for UP5673, Spanaway, WA per NamUs:
MP7548 Susan Hoppes Bennett 08/09/1993 Pierce WA
MP15141 Misty Thompson 08/24/1993 Cowlitz WA
MP14410 Nguyet Nguyen 11/09/1998 King WA

Exclusions for Nhi Nguyen per NamUs:

UP5671 04/05/2004 Pierce WA
UP12855 10/24/1988 Grays Harbor WA (X3)
UP12683 06/06/2014 Newport News VA
UP4808 09/15/2000 Ramsey MN

UP6661 02/03/1991 Stafford VA (link not accessible)

Exclusions for Sieu Trang per NamUs:
UP12683 06/06/2014 Newport News VA

Exclusions for Kyung Sun Choi per NamUs:
UP8419 01/16/2001 Isle of Wight VA

@Melt71 I May have really gone and confused myself now (or everyone else haha) let me know if this helps! ;)
ETA: I noticed a few of the girls didn’t have photos. :( I may not get time this week, but I’ll try to look around and see what can be found, if anything. You may wanna give me a friendly reminder in a few days. It’s difficult finding a photo for a lot of these missing people, but I at least feel better if I try!

Last edited:
Crossing posting from the MP thread for Choung Su Mullen 19yo last seen in Bellingham WA in 1989 and added to Namus several days ago. Not many details on Choung Su but dates etc line up with this UID. 120 miles separate Bellingham and Roy and they are directly connected via I-5S.

Choung Su's WS thread WA - WA - Choung Su Mullen, 19, Bellingham, Feb 9, 1989 (websleuths.com)

About the neighborhood she was discovered for context:
Lived on this block in the late 80's/90's & was very familiar with the local immediate territory due to wandering kid syndrome. The roads are really narrow & don't allow easy pulloff or turnaround (busses just stop in the road & passing's a pain). Area more populated than it appears and is a popular route for locals heading to town/home/work. The SE quarter of the 720 (Tanwax)/8th intersection where her remains were just past the creek at Steltz st, was open rural farmland, the SW quarter all logging land with 720(Tanwax) entry routes, trails blocked vehicles from entry. The NW side also forested and often hunters coming back in from the south would pull over on 8th & dump carcasses into the pulloff north of the intersection. The NE area of 780/8th intersection was also residential as the main block south of it. Traveling south on 8th, the street became Harts Lake then loops back to the west to town through populated countryside.

Over the years a number of victims related to various crimes in Parkland/Tacoma were dumped in the general countryside east of the 507 that passes through Ft Lewis base territory. Always seemed strange to me that these killers wouldn't dump their victims out there instead as it was a very popular area to throw away pets and sometimes garbage.

@tnith thanks for the local knowledge. Is it the kind of area someone would pull into from a major road to dump a body? IYO is it an area mostly locals would know about (making it more likely the killer was local)?

@tnith thanks for the local knowledge. Is it the kind of area someone would pull into from a major road to dump a body? IYO is it an area mostly locals would know about (making it more likely the killer was local)?
I suppose the only reason anyone would pick this area on purpose would be over how deserted it looks? 30 years ago the logging land in the SW quarter of the intersection was clearcut/new growth, an eyesore of young trees and occasional treestump tangles in the distance with craggy logging trails locked behind metal gates. Not very private if one is trying to avoid being spied by passersby on Tanwax or 8th. Just a little ways further past Horn Creek things got more private & secluded.
The actual address given for her dump location has been residential as long as I've known, not logging property. If she was actually on someone's field like it's led me to believe then it should be pretty easy work for detectives to figure out who rented and lived there? On one hand it's not unheard of to bring in deer to dress but the smells carry as this is a fairly moist/swampy zone. It would have really stood out if someone tried to hide her around all these homes! Especially as kids around there always noticed these things and gather each other on little bike trail missions for a thrill.

As to the routes through this SW part of the county & use:
This is almost exactly halfway between both of the nearest towns both east & west respectively, neither are particularly remarkable stops except for gas, diner, local church/es.
To the west there is the patrolled 570 which has a ton of mixed traffic as there's more towns along it, a reservation, and it heads out to Olympia. Sometimes local delivery, short haul trucker or logging company used this byway but commercial freight stuck strictly on the I5 much farther west, lots of weight limits and height restrictions on this route.

To the east there's Mountain Highway East (7) which carries mainly residential traffic to and from the area of Elk Plain through rolling soggy ranchland meadows about 10 miles, then twists past Ohop valley out to Alder lake (not unusual for bored kids to drive all this way at night to party). It's unusual to see any township LE around this stretch, a lot of older and working couples, families out here, trailer and modest homes alongside nice retiree nests.

The 3rd main drag is more of a long haul with regular commuters, state highway LE & some trucking traffic, called Meridian East (161) that extends from Puyallup (south hill mall & loads of oversized developments to most of us) down to halfway point Graham (directly east of Elk Plain), then much more quietly on to the quaint village of Eatonville (directly east of Mckenna, which is really what the dump site is a 'suburb of' than tiny Roy which is farther north. But we digress.)

Something that should be understood is that most of the locals are pretty average churchgoing active community member families and farmers who watch out for their own, but there's also whole pockets where the drugs, drama & burglaring overflow with ne'er do well nephews, cousins, what have you in laws spread out over family parcels closer to Mountain Highway/7. Busts a few times a year or brothers shooting each other, locals having to bring in animals during full moon or holidays to avoid them being shot at or taken & tortured (always a lot of that in McKenna in the fall). That kind of stuff. You know you're close by their haunts because the streetlights are always shot out or they drag race at night with each other & leave skid marks.

There's been a popular convenience store called 4 Corners just westward from where this doe was found a mile or 2 toward McKenna. Most of the local gas stations have lurkers resting before moving on when the roads let up, due to lack of traffic lights. Once in awhile you'd see younger people asking for rides out.
Despite having some school bus service, almost nobody walks along or alone on the main E-W roads traversing these main 3 routes as all of these roads are flanked by lots of overgrowth & shallow muddy ditches, so it's hard to avoid traffic. A few homes have their own trails but those have to be made as the only time it dries up even a bit is around July, otherwise footwear is getting soaked and stained trying to clamber about in the brush.

Do hope this helps rather than hinders feeling out this site in relation to the larger zone it's in.

Last edited:
What would the chances of this being related to Diane Robbins (last seen in Seattle) be? Remains align in age & race, otherwise leave little to confirm her by. her father is estranged due to allegations of abuse, mother passed away in 1991 and maternal relatives reside in Vietnam (why very little may be done to resolve her case)

Linking her thread: WA - WA - Diane Nguyen Robbins, 13, Seattle, 18 June 1985

Is anyone able to access Namus and post the exclusions list for the UID?

None added.
I wish I was better at knowing how to get counties to take action on ID'ing Does, western Washington in particular has been really bad at dropping the ball on missing & UID cases from what I've experienced. It's nuts that nobody I've talked to remembers hearing about these remains being found. Hoping she's a known and not another long haul who everyone assumes is 'doing fine somewhere'.

Is it against TOS to link predator maps on this site? I noticed some of the ones I knew were active around there are gone now, but there is a cluster just south of her dump site.

What would the chances of this being related to Diane Robbins (last seen in Seattle) be? Remains align in age & race, otherwise leave little to confirm her by. her father is estranged due to allegations of abuse, mother passed away in 1991 and maternal relatives reside in Vietnam (why very little may be done to resolve her case)

Linking her thread: WA - WA - Diane Nguyen Robbins, 13, Seattle, 18 June 1985

I just submitted her (again?) if you did too. Came here after reading her thread

1675409387680.png

Current ruleouts. Case was last updated in Namus in mid-2022.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chumbug
Back