WA WA - Shantina Smiley, 29, & Azriel Carver, 8 (fnd deceased), Olympia, Mar 2010 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading this I'm extremely confused how she could have had custody of Az in 2007 when she moved in with RS.

If the removal from custody occurred in the March 2007 timeframe and he was returned the next year - doesn't that mean they would not have had Az from the March timeframe until sometime in 2008.

Please correct me if my math is wrong.

Oh. I thought he was taken at the end of 07.

Good grief. It's not your math skills, it's all the twists and turns in this case.

Robb said Shantina was very picky about the van (given to them by his Mother). She would not even smoke in it. I read this somewhere, but can't find it now ....

Is the small cannister a Co2 cartridge like for a paintball gun?

LOL...Hmmm my grandson said it looks like a coin holder to him. He said it doesn't look like a tool (which I thought it was) .

It looks like a tool... socket wrench / ratchet piece?

is that a key in the upper left? if so, why is it not on her keychain.

was this the key they said was left on the dash? if so, where are the other keys

I see - and you responded by knocking down my observation why?

How is it I knocked down your observation? I was merely stating there could be other reasons for yellow teeth.

To answer your question about the significance of the lighter - I was curious if either one of them smoked and wondered if the canister looking thing was in fact a pipe of some kind (as others have mentioned). If so, and they did not smoke, that could explain having it. JMO

is that a key in the upper left? if so, why is it not on her keychain.

was this the key they said was left on the dash? if so, where are the other keys

At 400% zoom you can even see the button for opening the hatch and doors.
Also what appears to be the empty ring leaning on the right hand side. So whether it was ever attached to any other keys is open to speculation, I suppose.

Why does it matter if they smoke? Maybe they use it on camping trips or something like that.

Were you thinking she was into some kind of illegal activity just because there was a lighter in the car?

Nope. Not thinking she was into some kind of illegal activity just because there was a lighter in the car. Would think she was if that were a crack pipe next to the lighter.

Yikes, I wouldn't think anyone would make a pipe out of copper. Many years ago I worked in a factory that make connectors out of copper. If you got some of the copper in your mouth, it was nightmarish. The hole in the copper thing does not look big enough to smoke drugs out of anyway. IMO

ETA: What I'm saying is I don't see where the bowl for the drugs would be. I've seen the cans that have had drugs smoked out of them. I've never smoked drugs, so I'm not sure how it works but thought I had a basic idea.

Ok my grandson hoping will know what that is...BRB

In the mean time if already posted sorry, but heres the 911 call...

http://www.q13fox.com/news/kcpq-031610-audio-search,0,2743159.mp3file

Im so surprised LE did not say to RS come in and make a report if you don't find her. Instead he drives back to her Stepfathers and goes to sleep. WTH?
Sorry but when the caller gave the 911 dispatcher the plate number, where I work, it would have been a oh boy moment...We read out every half hour a missing person alarms, esp if a CHILD is involved...Very weird.

attachment.php

Thanks for the pic Jules71. I just wanted to get a better look at the pic. Do you have the link so I can add it to my post. Thanks

http://www.kirotv.com/news/22859850/detail.html

Not that metal thing. There is a tire gauge in the picture and a battery and a remote (maybe for the dvd player) - I am referring to the metal looking thing to the right of the yellow lighter. It looks like it has a hole or puncture in it. Looks like a canister of some kind.

It looks like a tool... socket wrench / ratchet piece?

Yes, it does have the general shape of a socket, but usually they are chromed steel. But it could be. I was leaning toward home-made pipe out of copper. It looked in the photo like maybe the edges were not cut flush. But that could just be a blur from zooming in 400%. It could also be a mace device like shown in an above post. But, trying to decide if it were paraphernalia was the only reason I would care if there was a lighter in the glove box.

LOL...Hmmm my grandson said it looks like a coin holder to him. He said it doesn't look like a tool (which I thought it was) .

How is it I knocked down your observation? I was merely stating there could be other reasons for yellow teeth.

To answer your question about the significance of the lighter - I was curious if either one of them smoked and wondered if the canister looking thing was in fact a pipe of some kind (as others have mentioned). If so, and they did not smoke, that could explain having it. JMO

Are we all talking about the same item? The bronze little canister, by the lighter, because this is becoming confusing. To me it could be a spray air freshener or body spray. The silver item looks like a tire gauge.

Yikes, I wouldn't think anyone would make a pipe out of copper. Many years ago I worked in a factory that make connectors out of copper. If you got some of the copper in your mouth, it was nightmarish. The hole in the copper thing does not look big enough to smoke drugs out of anyway. IMO

My Dad smoked pipes and it is just a small hole like that carved in the briarwood. So the rock would be placed over the hole in the indention.

Now you tell me. When I was a kid, before I got a little more germ phobic, I used to put pennies in my mouth like a slot machine and carry them around under my tongue!! Ehh.

I think it is an air freshener. Maybe with the label torn off. Doesn't look like a pipe to me.

I think it is an air freshener. Maybe with the label torn off. Doesn't look like a pipe to me.
I agree, except for the little hole, that is suspicious looking. But maybe an accident...

Are we all talking about the same item? The bronze little canister, by the lighter, because this is becoming confusing. To me it could be a spray air freshener or body spray. The silver item looks like a tire gauge.

Yes, we are discussing the bronze colored item on the right side of the picture next to the yellow lighter.

Then you should put it in a separate post. I merely made an observation of a lighter and very very yellow teeth and an addictive personality with high stress in her life. I was responding to a post about a lighter being in the car - not why her teeth were yellow. Her yellow teeth have nothing to do with the case.

And yes, could be a pipe as pipes do have holes in the side. Also could be a pepper spray can, could be many things. Also could be a flashlight. Could be a whistle.

However, LE would have mentioned it if it were illegal drug paraphernalia since they photo was put out to the public - IMO. I believe it would have been a big deal.

Then you should put it in a separate post. I merely made an observation of a lighter and very very yellow teeth and an addictive personality with high stress in her life.

I don't agree that my comment about yellow teeth should go in a separate post. But maybe I am wrong. I was writing in response to your post, but certainly not knocking down your observation in any way. I'm sorry you took it that way.

I don't agree that my comment about yellow teeth should go in a separate post. But maybe I am wrong. I was writing in response to your post, but certainly not knocking down your observation in any way. I'm sorry you took it that way.
Sometimes our "tone" is taken wrong because on the internet, there is no nuance of voice. Happens to me all the time!! :blushing::truce:
Yes, I had noticed her yellow teeth in one picture and thought it was a shame because she was so pretty. Yes, could be from smoking, or antibiotics or heredity. Lighter could be for smoking, which then might effect scent collection(?) - the little canister would appear to be air freshener if not for that hole, but yes, LE would have said so if they felt it was drug paraphanelia, one would assume, in any case :waitasec:

Yes, we are discussing the bronze colored item on the right side of the picture next to the yellow lighter.

OMG...:banghead: Who would know...

Can someone tell me when I go to googlemaps the little man you drag over to the address? Why won't it let me???

Yeah from reading articles didn't Azriel have Asthma? If that was the case I'm sure there would be used canisters laying around. They also found an inhaler wash up.

I think that is supposed to be the idea with these home-made pipes. If someone saw it they wouldn't necessarily know what it is kind of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JennySue80