WA WA - Shantina Smiley, 29, & Azriel Carver, 8 (fnd deceased), Olympia, Mar 2010 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks so much for this, as now one can envision where the items were located (not washed ashore, but dropped) and the route taken to pound on the garage....(which in the darkness, they might have mistaken for a cottage or separate house)

I think those stairs are near where the van was found (Zangle Rd). But I imagine they're similar to those found all along that beach.

I think those stairs are near where the van was found (Zangle Rd). But I imagine they're similar to those found all along that beach.
ah, I see. But I suppose, yes, it would have been a similar set up leading up to Island View NE, thanks!

What friend????
Right, is this an error? Or were the Williams' her friends? (but no, they would have said so). One more twist, never can keep an even keel with this case, it seems....:crazy:

Right, is this an error? Or were the Williams' her friends? (but no, they would have said so). One more twist, never can keep an even keel with this case, it seems....:crazy:

After all, it did come from a *real* media outlet :)

Nope - those are the stairs about 1/4 mile east of where the van was found.

ETA: Is also looks like there is a little dock below the stairs - so IMO the water goes all the way up and there would be no walking on the beach when the tide is all the way in.

Attachments

• van-items-grimmers.jpg
    van-items-grimmers.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 33
  • stairs.jpg
    stairs.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 34

ETA: Is also looks like there is a little dock below the stairs - so IMO the water goes all the way up and there would be no walking on the beach when the tide is all the way in.

When I clicked the link you provided above, it says, "Zangle Rd NE, Olympia, WA 98506" in the search box.

But didn't LE say the items were found more like a mile away? Something like that. Farther than a 1/4 mile I think.

ETA: ok, now I'm confused.

Oh, OK: I see you have those yellow pushpins marking van, items, and G house, wow, really helpful, thanks!:woohoo:

When I clicked the link you provided above, it says, "Zangle Rd NE, Olympia, WA 98506" in the search box.

But didn't LE say the items were found more like a mile away? Something like that. Farther than a 1/4 mile I think.

ETA: ok, now I'm confused.

That link I posted was from someone else in thread 3. I see where it says Zangle on the top of it, but it is not at Zangle. The stairs in the link and the pictures are just below Island View Dr NE where the Grimmer's live.

Smiley was then traced to a grocery store in Boston Harbor before she visited a friend nearby.http://www.koinlocal6.com/news/state/story/Body-of-child-found-on-Fox-Island-is-missing-boy/lsOYwCNxmE-AWgKbPDAikA.cspx

Guess I just never noticed that before, odd....

<<Smiley was then traced to a grocery store in Boston Harbor before she visited a friend nearby.>>

WHAT?!?!? This is the first I've heard of this. This "friend" could be hiding her out. Unless this is just a mistake in writing.

Also, the whole banging on the garage / items left nearby ALWAYS puzzled me....there's more going on then Mealy is saying. I always had a hunch she got out of that van, and that it was her pounding on the garage.

I had also made an assumption a while back about what if Shantina was truly trying to hide from someone. I had a revelation that when she was looking at various maps and asking for directions, etc...that she REALLY wasn't trying to find the freeway, but instead trying to look on the map for a remote location....perhaps to this place she had been to before (sometime in her life)...and wanted to get back there (the beach). Or she was trying to get to this place that she was going to meet someone at.

That link I posted was from someone else in thread 3. I see where it says Zangle on the top of it, but it is not at Zangle. The stairs in the link and the pictures are just below Island View Dr NE where the Grimmer's live.

Ok, thanks for clarifying. I remember the person who found the van saying something about steep stairs around there too (this was before the items were found or the reports of the banging on the house, IIRC).

Smiley was then traced to a grocery store in Boston Harbor before she visited a friend nearby.http://www.koinlocal6.com/news/state/story/Body-of-child-found-on-Fox-Island-is-missing-boy/lsOYwCNxmE-AWgKbPDAikA.cspx

Guess I just never noticed that before, odd....

I wonder if the reporter got it wrong? After the market she went to the Williams' house which they don't mention. So, did she or didn't she go to a friend's? And, if so, I wonder why they weren't interviewed. I am so tempted to contact the deputy myself and interview him:D

I wonder if the reporter got it wrong? After the market she went to the Williams' house which they don't mention. So, did she or didn't she go to a friend's? And, if so, I wonder why they weren't interviewed. I am so tempted to contact the deputy myself and interview him:D
Go for it!

I am wondering if they meant "a home nearby"

Go for it!

Well I did email him a week or so ago and never got a response. I have wondered for a while if we should all compile a list of questions and either email or call.

There were reports of videos showing her passing through this market both to and from the Williams'.

There were reports of videos showing her passing through this market both to and from the Williams'.
OK, I see; they probably meant, "stopped at a nearby home" rather than "visited a friend nearby" , as you both say, then, Calliope and Elf69 and RubyRed as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500