WA WA - Shantina Smiley, 29, & Azriel Carver, 8 (fnd deceased), Olympia, Mar 2010 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a good question, about Jay conducting a search of that island. But I imagine it must be costly, and perhaps he was unable to find the means to do it....Unless they had ruled out that island from the air search....

I had the feeling Az showed up before he got out to the other Island but I saw somewhere people are still "keeping their eyes open" as they do their daily thing.

Very sad, but a nice tribute for them. Thanks for posting this. I hope Shantina can be found and laid to rest.:(

Family and friends are working on a benefit to be held in memory of Azriel on April 18, 2010 at the Macaroons in Cheektowaga. Investigators are continuing to follow up with leads, and will continue searching as long as necessary to locate Shantina.

Does anyone know if this benefit is still in the works?

http://www.michellesigona.com/page/6/

Hadn't heard about that benefit, LCoastMom, but found this info by doing a search, so I guess it is still on:

Benefit to memorialize son of Lancaster man

A benefit in the memory of Azriel Carver, 8, the son of Lancaster resident Jay Carver who was found deceased in Washington State, will be held at 2 p.m. Sunday, April 18, at Macaroon’s Nite Club, 576 Dick Road, Cheektowaga. Admission will be $20, and donations may be sent to Dana’s Stylin’ Pets, 2413 Grand Island Blvd., Grand Island, NY 14072. Proceeds will go toward funeral expenses and to the Missing and Exploited Children’s Fund.

http://www.lancasterbee.com/news/2010-04-15/What%27s_Going_On/Benefit_to_memorialize_son_of_Lancaster_man.html

That is a good question, about Jay conducting a search of that island. But I imagine it must be costly, and perhaps he was unable to find the means to do it....Unless they had ruled out that island from the air search....

LCoastMom said:
I had the feeling Az showed up before he got out to the other Island but I saw somewhere people are still "keeping their eyes open" as they do their daily thing.

I am thinking he was found before Carver got to the island too... I'll look for the interview. I remember he was being interviewed by phone rather than on camera, and he said it was uninhabited.

If this is the island I am thinking of - Squaxin Island - it's a bit upstream from where the van was found, meaning it's further up Puget Sound, and against the current.

If this is the island I am thinking of - Squaxin Island - it's a bit upstream from where the van was found, meaning it's further up Puget Sound, and against the current.

That sounds like what he said, IIRC. I am pretty sure I heard him talk about this in more than one interview. Since LE is now indicating they may not have 'washed out" of the van, it would be worth a look I'd think.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squaxin_Island

http://maps.google.com/maps?rlz=1C1...quaxin Island&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl

Here it looks to be almost directly across from where van was found, perhaps a bit to the north.

Has there ever been any media interview with the stepfather, whose house SS was headed for in Castle Rock? I don't believe I have seen any. I suppose that is his right, as long as he cooperates with the investigators.

As a follower of this case, it's just that it would be helpful for us to hear what he had to say about the events of that Saturday she and AC went missing.

Maybe with more people out on the water, something will turn up.

In this case, LE may have told Carver that to look there would be futile.

OK, best not to discuss attendance. I do hope there is some coverage of the service, and best thoughts and prayers out to all there and to SS and AZ's family and loved ones.

Hopefully, this question is not against the rules and if so, I will delete it with my sincerest apologies.

Does anyone find it odd that the step-father, his wife, and the step-sister will not be attending Shantina's and Azriel's memorial service? I have screen shots of their activities today and it does not include a memorial service.

How is it we know for a fact they're not going to the service? Can you substantiate that with a link?

If you can't link it, don't post it, and don't discuss it - it's rumor. I've posted this guidance several times in this thread.

Missing Silverdale mother mourned in Brinnon, where she lived as a teen

Right now, I would love to see her walk back into our lives," said Smiley's grandmother, Dolly Smith of Brinnon.

"But I don't think we will see her again. She would never leave her son."

Many questions about Smiley's disappearance and her son's death, which captured national media attention, may never be answered, investigators have said.

http://www.peninsuladailynews.com/article/20100405/NEWS/304059993

It is from their FB posts today -- I didn't want to link their FBs as they are innocent people and didn't think I would be allowed to link their FBs. Would you like the FB links?

Only persons who are POIs, suspects, or the primary victim can have their social sites linked.

If you can't link it, you can't post it, and you can't discuss it. It's rumor.

This guidance has been posted several times in Shantina's threads.

Please self-edit or delete all posts that discussed or quoted this, and don't do it again.

You all have been given more than enough warnings.

Thanks,
BeanE

Only persons who are POIs, suspects, or the primary victim can have their social sites linked.

If you can't link it, you can't post it, and you can't discuss it. It's rumor.

This guidance has been posted several times in Shantina's threads.

Please self-edit or delete all posts that discussed or quoted this, and don't do it again.

You all have been given more than enough warnings.

Thanks,
BeanE

My apologies. I deleted those posts.

I did not see them in attendance at today's service.

I did not see them in attendance at today's service.
Oh, you were at the services? How did all go? Not meaning to be nosey, so will understand if you would rather not divulge...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon