GUILTY WA - Sheryl Huntley, 40, shot to death, Selah, 1 July 2009

Do you happen to know anything about their relationship? Was he a control freak and had he ever abused her before? I wonder if she was going to break up with him and he wasn't about to let go. There has to be a motive for murder...I think anyway. My heart goes out to her boys. They still need their mom and boys are usually closest to their mom. I hope they have an aunt or someone that loves them that they can stay with.

and i do know that they had their problems

i don't know all the details as of yet but one person mentioned that she may have been wanting to break up
no one really will ever know
plus the older boy has his own apartment and the 14 year old is moving in with him from what i was told
the older boy has a job and can support the younger one
i dont know if they are going to need help yet

Thank you for answering my questions. I'm so glad that the boys will live together. The 14 yr old will be able to get Social Security which will help some. Speaking of the 14 yr old...he probably has more answers then anyone else has as he lived at home. Is that boyfriend the young boy's dad or are the boys from a previous marriage?

I hope the living arrangements work out for the boys. There is a world of difference in living together growing up in mom's house...and living together in big brother's apt and big brother at 18 yrs being totally responsible for little brother. Do you know if the boys are close? I hope they are as that will help a lot.

Betting they will find the gun on the road he was traveling in the brush or water if there is a bridge. Don't think they will ever find the phantom hitchhicker. Who in this day and age picks up a hitchhicker at night?

I agree noone picks up a hitchiker in the middle of the night. And if you were a hitchiker why wouldn't you pull the gun as soon as they stopped for you, or you would put the gun to the drivers head, why kill the passenger. This sounds alot like this case:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/13/nyregion/13doctor.html
Carlos Perez-Olivo, 59, a disbarred lawyer, is accused of shooting his wife, Peggy, 55, in the head as she dozed in their car during a drive home. Mr. Perez-Olivo took an odd route home from the night out with his wife so that he could kill her near Echo Lake in New Castle and discard the weapon there. A Walther PPK was found in the lake four days after the killing.
Mr. Perez-Olivo then fired twice more in the car, got out, and shot himself, superficially, in the abdomen, the prosecutor said. Mr. Perez-Olivo’s account to the police: A stranger forced him off the road and invaded the car, and the gun went off three times as Mr. Perez-Olivo tried to disarm him.

Then there's the list of "anonymous other guy" killers as in the Christopher Coleman case, or the "my wife went crazy" like Christopher Vaughn.

Checking in to see if there's been an arrest yet.

VB

Funny how the husband never seems to be seriously injured isn't it! No one who is in the middle of a trumatic event would or could take that much notice of what the attacker looked like, etc. I'm surprised the husband didn't tell LE what kind of underwear the hitchhiker was wearing. He had everything else down to a tee. It won't be long before we hear that the husband has been arrested for lst degree murder.

Remember the couple who were on their way home from birth classes and he said he pulled over in an isolated place and they were attacked. His wife was killed and he had a couple injurys that weren't serious. He ended up jumping off a bridge and committing suicide when things got hot with LE. Stupid.

That was Charles/Chuck Stuart from Boston. He actually shot himself in the abdomen and could have died from his self-inflicted injury. So that part was believable. Naturally there was another woman. Just like with Chris Coleman.

I wonder if there's another woman lurking somewhere in this story too?

Another husband whose wife was shot on the road by a random "stranger" is Rob Marshall. He said he'd pulled over to the side of the road to check his tires. A stranger came up and hit him on the head knocking him unconscious. When he came to his wife was dead.There was another woman. Joe McGinnis wrote a book about it called Blind Faith.

There seems to be a LOT of similar stories.

Thank you for answering my questions. I'm so glad that the boys will live together. The 14 yr old will be able to get Social Security which will help some. Speaking of the 14 yr old...he probably has more answers then anyone else has as he lived at home. Is that boyfriend the young boy's dad or are the boys from a previous marriage?

I hope the living arrangements work out for the boys. There is a world of difference in living together growing up in mom's house...and living together in big brother's apt and big brother at 18 yrs being totally responsible for little brother. Do you know if the boys are close? I hope they are as that will help a lot.

i know the older one just moved out recently
and no the boys dad isn't really in the picture (he just got out of prison)
i don't know how close the boys are but for the older one i know he has a lot on his shoulders atm
i am praying that they (the boys) will make it
and yeah the younger will get ss so that will help

it is just scary that people can get away with this kind of things in this day and age

like i said before i may be wrong but my gut says different
if he did do it i hope he gets punished to the full extent of the law
she had two boys one 14 and the other 18
i cant fathom what they are going through

Don't give up too soon CSC68. Sometimes it will take LE a little while to investigate, but eventually they get everything they need to make an arrest. Just be happy they are getting their ducks in a the proper row before they file the charges. It means that when they do make the arrest it is going to stick.

Right now they are most likely searching for that weapon, checking forensics on the vehicle, checking the angles on the bullet wounds. And they will keep going back to him with questions. So it may take time, but more than likely they will get there. They just need time.

I didn't realize there were SO many similar 'stories'. I found a recent one in MD, in which Ryan Holness of Lexington Park, claimed he and his 26 year-old wife, Serika Holness, were carjacked. The husband described how the "alleged" (read: imaginary) carjacker, who he claimed was wearing a "ski mask, gloves and a black hooded sweatshirt", stabbed his wife to death.

http://www.abc2news.com/news/local/...-Couple-Carjacked/lejmXnsVcEiwioW2OHHCtg.cspx

As Criminal Attorney,Ted Williams, on Greta used to say, they ought to charge some of these murderers with "Felony Stupid"!

Snipped from link, to emphasize time and location said 'hitchhiker' was allegedly picked up:

Huntley's common-law husband, Stephen Harwood, reported that the pair picked up a hitchhiker about 3:30 a.m. Wednesday north of Selah. The pair struggled with the man after he robbed them, he told officials. Harwood, 34, said the hitchhiker fired several shots, hitting him in the hand and Huntley in the head.

If I'm not mistaken, Selah is just northeast of Yakima.

csc68 said:
i have to say something because i knew Sheryl...she was a wonderful lady i knew her from her work when she lived in yakima (before she moved to montana)

csc68, My sincere sympathy in the loss of your friend, Sheryl.

There are hispanics in Montana? People still pick up hitchikers? People still hitchike? Men are still killing their wives?

http://www.kndo.com/Global/story.asp?S=10642433&nav=menu484_2_7

Hawkins was able to recover part of the bullet. Now the question is, will it be enough for detectives trace back to the shooter?

Earlier Friday, more than 100 people gathered at Keith and Keith Funeral Home to remember Sheryl Huntley.

http://www.yakima-herald.com/stories/2009/07/02/autopsy-scheduled-for-friday-in-i-82-homicide

State evidence technicians started examining the couple’s Dodge Neon about 10:30 a.m. Thursday and were still working in the late afternoon, said Stew Graham, the sheriff’s chief of detectives.

Harwood told detectives his search for a hospital was delayed because he was unfamiliar with the area. He drove down First Street to Union Gap and turned around before flagging down another motorist. That person called 9-1-1, prompting police to stop Harwood’s car at Walnut Avenue.

Graham said detectives have not uncovered any inconsistencies in Harwood’s account, despite the rarity of random homicides in Yakima County

http://www.kimatv.com/news/49771237.html

The other driver offers to show Stephen the way to the ER, and dialed 9-1-1. Cops pulled both vehicles over on First Street and Walnut. An ambulance was called and they took Sheryl to Regional Hospital, just ten blocks down Walnut. Eleven hours later, Sheryl is dead. The hitchhiker is gone. And Stephen is not a suspect.

At this point, detectives have no leads on the suspect. They still have the couple's car and will continue to process it for evidence and clues

I've been checking this thread waiting for news. I just can't seem to wrap my head around the driver's story. If it turns out that I am just too suspicious, then I'll learn my lesson, and give the next stories I read a definite benefit of the doubt. But if I were the local LE, dear Stephen would be pinging on my radar, big time. :waitasec:

Don't give up too soon CSC68. Sometimes it will take LE a little while to investigate, but eventually they get everything they need to make an arrest. Just be happy they are getting their ducks in a the proper row before they file the charges. It means that when they do make the arrest it is going to stick.

Right now they are most likely searching for that weapon, checking forensics on the vehicle, checking the angles on the bullet wounds. And they will keep going back to him with questions. So it may take time, but more than likely they will get there. They just need time.

i found out in the last few days that he went back to montana
that ticks me off

i found out in the last few days that he went back to montana
that ticks me off

csc68..I am sorry for your friend..:( If he went back to Montana where are Sheryls boys at...I hope they are doing ok.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn
Back