WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is so highly frustrating. I can't imagine what it feels like to LE. It's obvious that Julia is involved and yet they don't have enough one way or the other to force their hand.

I know from reading that most of you believe that Julia knows what is going on with Sky but I wonder how many think that she has had help and how many think that only she knows and that whatever happened she did by herself without help.

By herself without help, after all she is very reclusive according to LE.

jmo

Would Sky's case be able to be shown on Disappeared? From the episodes I've seen, it's all been adults or 17/18 year olds featured on it. I don't think I've seen children being featured on it. I think it would be good if he could be featured on it, though. More viewers=more tips. More tips=one step closer to finding Sky.

From the Search for Sky facebook page:

"Solomon Metalwala and his attorney, Clay Terry, appeared on CNN earlier tonight http://kiro.tv/tsexOF Click the link to see part of their appearance and hear additional comments from Solomon to KIRO 7's Chris Legeros."

ETA: I just watched the video at that link. I saw nothing of their CNN interview. I transcribed what was said for those that are unable to listen (nothing new, btw).

KIRO 7 Reporter: New strategies tonight as the search for Sky is now in its 4th week. Just minutes ago we talked with the 2 year olds father about the nationwide appeal he made within the past hour.

One parent going on national tv tonight to find his missing 2 year old son, the other continuing her silence about the disappearance of Sky Metalwala 3 weeks ago. KIRO 7’s Chris Legeros spoke to a former FBI agent today about this case. He’s live for us now in Seattle. Chris..

Chris Legeros: Steve I just got done talking with Solomon Metalwala within the last ½ hour. The father is working to set-up a website he says now to help find his missing son and he plans to continue passing out fliers - this time in the Redmond area on Saturday - hoping someone will step up and say they know where Sky is.

Solomon Metalwala appears live on CNN this evening as he once again appeals for help finding his missing 2 year old son, Sky. It’s been 3 weeks since his mother said she left the little boy in a car in Bellevue when she ran out of gas, only to return to find him missing.

Cuts to video of Solomon (he had just exited a building with his attorney)

Solomon Metalwala: I will not stop until I find my son. My son is out there someplace, and the media is going to help, and they’re willing to help and I’m going to be in the front center to get my son back.

Chris Legeros: Metalwala and his attorney, Clay Terry, are doing everything they can to keep his search in the public eye and active. We’ve learned that the show America’s Most Wanted will also broadcast a segment on Sky Metalwala December 2nd – that’s this Friday. But after 3 weeks, Bellevue Police tell us they still don’t have any suspects. No arrests have been made. They question the mother’s version of what November 6th, but haven’t been able to get her to consent to a face-to-face interview since Sky went missing. Something that makes no sense at all to Mary Ellen O’Toole, former FBI Agent and Criminal Profiler, who spoke to us on the phone.

Dr. Mary Ellen O’Toole (on the phone): Even if you dislike law enforcement, or even hate the FBI, to cut-off the one group of people that can bring your child home to you, makes no sense and I’ve worked a lot of child abductions.

Chris Legeros: We asked Bellevue Police today: After 3 weeks, are you scaling back your efforts or pulling out any of your resources, to deal with other police issues? And the answer was this: that they’re constantly re-evaluating resources, redistributing, and redeploying them, if necessary. But, Officer Carla Iafrate said the investigation is still going full steam ahead, with investigators still working out of an emergency operation center that was set-up 2 days after Sky disappeared. The FBI is still very much involved with this case. And Solomon Metalwala has full confidence in what the police, and the FBI, are doing to find his son.

:wave: :yourock:

I would hope that since Sky is missing and M is in state custody that JB will legally lose custody which will cut off any child support she is receiving. I don't know how she will find the money to continue her hobbies like surfing the net, vacuuming excessively and looking for a "real man" who will pay 3k to 5k for the pleasure of her company.

Maybe then she will have to come out of isolation and move in with her mom or some other desperate measure which will push her into a situation where her guilt becomes obvious and provable.

I have lost all patience with her and her obvious dismissal (or disposal) of her son and her complete lack of interest in finding him. She may have dismissed all thoughts of Sky but I can assure you that WE HAVE NOT!!

I have visions of her being like that character of Shakespeare (Lady MacBeth, I think) who compulsively washed her hands, trying to get the blood off of them. I suspect Julia's hands and soul are covered in guilt and no amount of compulsive washing or scrubbing will EVER get her clean again.

At least it's something. But I'd like a presser right about now.

So would I... it is so difficult waiting for news, wanting resolution, wanting that sweet baby found. Every day without any news makes it seem to me there is simply no progress being made.

I was thinking earlier today of how LE asks for all tips to be sent in, no matter how "small" they seem.

Along the same line, I suggest we keep all sleuthing going; the speculations and reminders and going over the same things... who knows. Someone may have a "eureka" moment and come up with a brand new idea that could be helpful.

I would love for one of our legal experts to explain why LE can't drag JB in and interrogate her. I know it is her right not to speak to them but I would love to see them at least try. It is unbelievable to me that she can admit to abandoning her son on the side of the road, lie about why she left him there and the police have no way of questioning her. What am I missing?

So would I... it is so difficult waiting for news, wanting resolution, wanting that sweet baby found. Every day without any news makes it seem to me there is simply no progress being made.

I was thinking earlier today of how LE asks for all tips to be sent in, no matter how "small" they seem.

Along the same line, I suggest we keep all sleuthing going; the speculations and reminders and going over the same things... who knows. Someone may have a "eureka" moment and come up with a brand new idea that could be helpful.

I totally agree. I have an idea, admittedly it is not new or even original, as many here have voiced the same thought: Julia, why not have your atty call LE and set up an interview? Answer all their questions, even the tough ones and let SKY come home. You'll feel better. Dragging this out forever is going to wear you down and in the end it will only cause you and others more pain. Doesn't your baby girl deserve to grow up knowing her mother did the right thing? If you won't do this for yourself or SKY, do it for Miss M.

I believe child support goes to the custodian of the child. I'm pretty sure SM's child support now goes directly to whomever is caring for M. I think that would have been taken care of at the hearing which the courts put M in state care.

I would love for one of our legal experts to explain why LE can't drag JB in and interrogate her. I know it is her right not to speak to them but I would love to see them at least try. It is unbelievable to me that she can admit to abandoning her son on the side of the road, lie about why she left him there and the police have no way of questioning her. What am I missing?

I'm no legal expert -- so I'd love to hear from one of them! But, from my POV, I would be scared she would commit suicide if pressed too hard and then we'd never find Sky. Mothers who kill their children are at very high risk for suicide and JB is obviously struggling to keep it together right now as it is. Of course, I'd love to see a confession, but I'm not sure LE would get one even if they did call her in -- and there's a significant chance JB would kill herself, especially given the severity of her mental illness and prior suicidal ideation.

My best guess is that they will call JB in at some point, if the evidence starts drying up and they have nothing left to lean on. But, I'm still awaiting those lab results from Watershed Park, as I think they may have found something out there. And, then, there might be no need for a confession and we'd still have JB alive to answer for her (probable) crimes.

Would Sky's case be able to be shown on Disappeared? From the episodes I've seen, it's all been adults or 17/18 year olds featured on it. I don't think I've seen children being featured on it. I think it would be good if he could be featured on it, though. More viewers=more tips. More tips=one step closer to finding Sky.

I think that show films too far in advance...at least a season...by the time they show an episode, the person has been missing a long time :(

I think that show films too far in advance...at least a season...by the time they show an episode, the person has been missing a long time :(

I think the show is designed to feature 'cold case' missing persons cases. I wish none went cold or lasted a year or longer, but sadly the do sometimes. Especially those who are adults which are not investigated in the same manner as children who disappear. An adult has the choice to leave willingly, a child does not. I'm just glad the show exists and does feature cases, whether they are year or older, or whether the show features only adults.

Hopefully Sky's case will be solved long before the year anniversary of his disappearance. I hope there is no need for shows after AMW airs this Friday- and AMW can update Sky's case to solved.

I would like to hold out hope that Sky went with Grandpa and what we have is an international kidnapping in this case. I don't understand JB's brother's and friends' silence in this, unless they believe something like this.

I would like to be able to date when M got her haircut. I know the flickr account is now private, but did any locals recognize the salon? It looked to be a place just for kids with the fun seats, like a Kids Kutz. There was a picture of the woman who cut her hair. I wonder if LE has already spoken to her?

I think you know the answer to that. She has counsel. And you know that she has the right to remain silent, the right against self incrimination, granted to us by the Fifth amendment to the constitution. So, hauling her in when she has the right not to talk would be an exercise in futility.

Further, LE has asked her to meet with them and she has refused to come in. The only way they can legally "drag" her in is to arrest her. Are you suggesting an arrest? I mean, that's what they do in places like Iran or Syria - places where suspects can be arrested for interrogation. Same thing in Nazi Germany. They hauled people in all the time back then.

But this is the USA. Here, when LE arrests, they are arresting for a crime they have probable cause to believe was committed, not to force a person to answer questions.

Yes, they could arrest Julia for child endangerment and if they determine there is not enough for a murder case or if their investigation into his disappearance goes cold, then they may do that. At that time, they would sit her in a room, read her her rights and ask her to answer their questions. Even if she doesn't, even if she eventually invokes, you can be sure they will be videotaping and everything she does and every she says, even if not in answer to their questions, will be telling.

But at this point, LE's strategy is to forego arresting Julia for child endangerment. I will not second guess them. I'm not the one spending sleepless nights working this case, covering every angle, dreaming about it and going over all the evidence they have, repeatedly, following every tip, sitting in war rooms with advisors and planning strategy, etc. I mean, we have no clue what LE has and what they are doing.

So, we are left to wait and wonder what they are doing, what they have and what they are thinking about this case. Frustrating but that's our system and I, for one, coming from families that suffered and were executed (Spain, my great grandfather) during the Franco dictatorship, and that suffered and were arrested for underground activity during the Nazi occupation of Holland (my grandparents), wouldn't want to see it changed for anything.

I think you know the answer to that. She has counsel. And you know that she has the right to remain silent, the right against self incrimination, granted to us by the Fifth amendment to the constitution. So, hauling her in when she has the right not to talk would be an exercise in futility.

Further, LE has asked her to meet with them and she has refused to come in. The only way they can legally "drag" her in is to arrest her. Are you suggesting an arrest? I mean, that's what they do in places like Iran or Syria - places where suspects can be arrested for interrogation. Same thing in Nazi Germany. They hauled people in all the time back then.

But this is the USA. Here, when LE arrests, they are arresting for a crime they have probable cause to believe was committed, not to force a person to answer questions.

Yes, they could arrest Julia for child endangerment and if they determine there is not enough for a murder case or if their investigation into his disappearance goes cold, then they may do that. At that time, they would sit her in a room, read her her rights and ask her to answer their questions. Even if she doesn't, even if she eventually invokes, you can be sure they will be videotaping and everything she does and every she says, even if not in answer to their questions, will be telling.

But at this point, LE's strategy is to forego arresting Julia for child endangerment. I will not second guess them. I'm not the one spending sleepless nights working this case, covering every angle, dreaming about it and going over all the evidence they have, repeatedly, following every tip, sitting in war rooms with advisors and planning strategy, etc. I mean, we have no clue what LE has and what they are doing.

So, we are left to wait and wonder what they are doing, what they have and what they are thinking about this case. Frustrating but that's our system and I, for one, coming from families that suffered and were executed (Spain, my great grandfather) during the Franco dictatorship, and that suffered and were arrested for underground activity during the Nazi occupation of Holland (my grandparents), wouldn't want to see it changed for anything.

I absolutely agree with you. I guess to the untrained eye (mine) there is enough evidence to warrant further questioning and, thinking back, I can honestly say I haven't seen a case like this where there has been such obvious deception and even an admission of guilt in terms of child neglect and still, LE has no recourse to attempt to compel her to give more information.

I also want to add that I believe that, while flawed, we have the greatest justice system in the world and I was not even remotely suggesting we take up the tactics of the countries you have mentioned here.

Truthfully, I wish they'd bring her in and waterboard her, but that's just my wish.

Gitana answered this question well. No one can force her to speak or confess under a bare lightbulb - that only happens in old movies - and we know that type of pushing might get a confession thrown out in court anyway.

I also think they may be waiting to see what she will do next. If she has hidden a body somewhere they might think she will go back to check on it, especially since she has OCD. I'm sure they are keeping an eye on her every move.

Personally, I think they haven't charged her with child abandonment/endangerment because he wasn't in the car that day. Iirc, they even stated that recently. So, what could they arrest her for? I think they are stuck between a rock and a hard place. They don't believe that she committed abandonment on Nov. 6 and they don't have enough to charge her with anything else. I think she is remaining silent, because what good would it do her to talk? She knows where Sky is and that searching for a live child is pointless. I think her lawyer is also not responding to le because they have no obligation to and it would not be in the best interest of her client to speak to them, even to just repeat the same story. IMO, the lawyer is aware that the original story is false and allowing her client to repeat it to le would be knowingly allowing her client to engage in another crime (false statements to police). I think Julia confessed to her attorney. I think Sky is gone, although it kills me to type that...I just hope they find something, because my heart cannot take another child going without justice.

Maybe I am just jaded, but he has been gone so long and I can't see a mom holding out when she knows her child is alive. I also, think it is unlikely she would have secreted Sky away and not his sister.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels