WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
That word is an extremely common name in Hawaii. It's a vine like plant, use in traditional wedding ceremonies. It's one of the most time honored representations of Hawaiian culture.

Interesting paired with Sky, but I think it's been paired with many words. Lani means sky, and Lani is also an extremely common name there.

I personally love the name...SNORT

*post, as in singular.

And done.

I was speaking about a hotel and a plant though. Not an individual. Never once did I make a connection to an individual.

I was responding to a link to that word which referenced it in relation to kids names. I'm not sure how that is somehow more acceptable than speaking of a plant and hotel without indicating a connection to an individual, but I edited none-the-less to be extremely cautious.

I also went back and changed my original post, but don't have the ability to change the pre-edit post that was later quoted. Did my best. I think the hotel name merits discussion, but it's going to be difficult if we're prohibited from writing the name of the hotel or the Hawaiian word, both of which are separate from the child's name in the sense that it's legitimately a word with its own definition...hmmmmm

Abby, if you go back and change your post where you quote me, you can remove the full name the way I've done in my posts where I quote you. That should take care of it.

Is there gonna be a press conf this morn?

KING5Seattle KING 5 News
Bellevue PD cancel daily 10:30 news conference on missing 2-year-old. No new releasable information. #searchforsky
8 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

I also went back and changed my original post, but don't have the ability to change the pre-edit post that was later quoted. Did my best. I think the hotel name merits discussion, but it's going to be difficult if we're prohibited from writing the name of the hotel or the Hawaiian word, both of which are separate from the child's name in the sense that it's legitimately a word with its own definition...hmmmmm

Abby, if you go back and change your post where you quote me, you can remove the full name the way I've done in my posts where I quote you. That should take care of it.

Let's call it the Hawaii Hotel....

Following this case closely but until now I haven't posted. I just don't wanna get sucked in by another case, another hurt child.. it kills me! All who know me know my stance on the mental illness issue but in this case, with this mother I'm thinking manic and vindictive (you know that's rare coming outta my mouth!). I just hope she sent Sky off to family someplace so daddy couldn't have him and he will be found safe and sound.

I am so sick of this! Children are not toys, they are not disposable and they are not weapons for us to use in our battles... I don't care what your DX is!

Good to see you here OLG! OT: Your image on your post is quite tragic . . . I am so sorry for whatever pain you are enduring!

You have been a tremendous help in other threads with other children, but only you can know whether it is too painful for you to endure. I hope you are able to find the strength to be here with us and do a little sleuthing. You are among friends here. I hope your heart can be lifted and please let us know if we can help. Maybe I am reading too much into your signature but I wanted to reach out.

Anyone have a link to the maps in this case? I remember a link in the last thread . . . might be helpful for where little Sky might be in the worst case scenario.

Finally caught up.

Carrying over the conversation from thread 8 regarding HIPAA.

HIPAA only covers private health care information. IOW the patient's treatment, not the patient, is what is covered under the privacy act. A hospital can confirm whether or not a patient has been seen, but can not disclose for what reasons the patient is being seen.

I would toss in anywhere along the route taken where the car was left behind that day also. It does seem she did not get out of the house much, so if there is any place (I hope not) where Sky is, it should not be far away from any normal patterns.

I would also do the same for anywhere the father would go. Any normal routes with any side roads.

Then, after that is exhausted, anyone close to the family.

I always wonder about going up to look for a missing child in the city. I'm sure they checked the roof of her apt building....I hope.

Does anyone know if SM will be required to talk with a therapist while having supervised visits or before gaining full custody? TIA

NEW — 10 a.m. Nov. 16, 2011
Searchers for missing 2-year-old boy Sky Metalwala plan to meet in Issaquah on Wednesday afternoon to hand out fliers as investigators and volunteers continue to search for the missing toddler.
Sky’s father, Solomon Metalwala, and volunteers organized the event. Searchers plan to meet at Costco at noon.
Meanwhile, investigators continue to search for the missing toddler.
http://www.issaquahpress.com/2011/11/16/search-for-missing-toddler-sky-metalwala-comes-to-issaquah/

Have any of our verified experts weighed in on the difference of OCD and OCPD? (Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder)

I keep reading that she knew what she was doing was unhealthy, but then maybe she didn't. I don't have the qualifications to decide, but I do know that with OCD you have some awareness about the flaw in your thought process, they are considered unwanted thoughts. With OCPD you actually believe you are right and grounded in the compulsions you have.

The major difference between them is that in OCD you have obsessive thoughts and then carry out compulsive activities in order to relieve the anxiety from the obsessive thoughts.

In OCPD, on the other hand, people are simply inflexibly rigid or perfectionistic as a basic personality style. They don't have obsessive or intrusive thoughts, nor do they have excessive anxiety stemming from obsessive thoughts, nor do they have compulsive rituals.

OCPD usually bugs other people because the person with OCPD is just so uptight about the details of every little activity and can't just chill out and go with the flow, but the OCPD person isn't particularly bothered by their own personality style, nor does it cause them any particular distress.

People with OCD are genuinely distressed by their own obsessive thoughts to the point that they have to act out compulsive rituals to cancel out the obsessive thoughts. This can be severely disruptive to daily life and get so bad that the OCD person simply can't function normally anymore.

I don't know which one JB has, if any. All I've seen is declarations from her husband, who is not a mental health professional. I haven't seen any of JB's mental health records, or heard from her doctors - her "diagnosis" comes from her husband's statements to the courts.

Finally caught up.

Carrying over the conversation from thread 8 regarding HIPAA.

HIPAA only covers private health care information. IOW the patient's treatment, not the patient, is what is covered under the privacy act. A hospital can confirm whether or not a patient has been seen, but can not disclose for what reasons the patient is being seen.

I beg to differ. If you read what I linked last thread, unless she has put her name in the directory, the hospital cannot even confirm that she is a patient, let alone any treatment. Especially true in WA state, where there is no exception to HIPPA for LE, like there is in most states. Of course, with a warrant that would all change, but it's mighty hard to get a warrant if you don't know which hospital your subject is in, and the hospital won't tell you unless you get a warrant.

MI is much the same way, and if you call here and inquire about someone, the hospital will tell you limited information if that person has chosen to put themselves on the hospital directory. If they have not, the hospital will tell you that they have no one by that name. They even ask if you would like to be on the directory when you go through ER triage, so that if for any reason you are admitted it is on record whether you would like to be contacted or not by anyone outside the hospital.

ETA: MI does have an exclusion for LE, meaning that the hospital will tell LE if you are a patient, even if you opted out of the directory. WA will not, unless said LE has a warrant.

I just noticed the request not to post links to Flikr accts. Are we not to talk about them as well? I missed what happened or why. Yikes.

I think people were posting the actual pics which we can't do. We can talk about them though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shyanne