WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
COLDCASEMAN:

Please search for Manizak on the Doe Network. I think this is him with facial hair, and heavier. He was traveling in the same parts of the country. Meridian, ID is only 2 hours away from Twin Falls, ID. Also, he was traveling to Newport, OR, 5 hours away from Greys Harbor. Maybe worth checking with his family, tracking his disability checks, or finding out about insulin purchases during the time of his death. Would the ME be able to tell if someone is diabetic? Maybe he stopped using insulin. They don't mention and apendectomy scar but note a spider bite scar on one of his legs. Anyway, let me know what you think.

The Doe Network:
Case File 1262DMCA

Thomas Edward Manizak
Missing since July 30, 1999 from Lassen County, California
Classification: Endangered Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: January 2, 1971
Age at Time of Disappearance: 28 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 6'0-6'1"; 150-160 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown hair; green/hazel eyes. May have a goatee and a full beard.
Marks, Scars: Spider bite scar on unknown leg.
AKA: Rumplestilskin
Medical: Diabetic, needs two insulin shots each day.
Dentals: Not available

I recall seeing his info before, but I can't recall if he was excluded. I'm forwarding this to Sgt. Shumate at the Sheriff's Ofice to check out.

I thought the name sounded familar. I had checked Thomas Manizak's fingerprints back in 2007, and excluded him as a possible match.

Coldcaseman: Thank u for the reply about Manizak. Do you have any news about john depatie as a possible match?

forgive me if someone has already mentioned this person but could it be Reuben Lewis?

Case Report
Case Information

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Status Missing
First Name Reuben
Middle Name Micah
Last Name Lewis
Nickname(s) Ben, Ben Jarvis, Reuben
NCIC Number M-495643597
Date LKA February 21, 1991 - 00:00
Age 20 to 20 years old
Race White
Ethnicity
Sex Male
Height 73.0 inches
Weight 150.0 pounds

Circumstances

City Everett
State Washington
Zip Code
County Snohomish
Circumstances Unknown. Friends indicated that Reuben was last known to have visited the residence of an aquaintance.

Physical Characteristics

Hair Color Brown
Head Hair Brown
Body Hair
Facial Hair
Left Eye Color Green
Right Eye Color Green
Eye Details Green
Amputations
Deformities
Scars and Marks
Tattoos Large "Joker" tattoo on upper left arm
Piercings Nose ring
Medical Implants
Foreign Objects
Skeletal Information
Prosthetics

Clothing and Accessories

Clothing
Footwear
Jewelry Nose ring
Eyewear
Accessories

Transportation Methods

Vehicle Make
Vehicle Model
Year
Style
Vehicle Color
VIN
Type of License
License Number
License State
Expiration Year
Vehicle
Airline
Bus

Secondary Parties

Dental

Baby Teeth Present
Filling or Crown Present
Dentures
Bridge Work
Implants
Braces
Retainer
Root Canal
Upper Jaw Toothless
Lower Jaw Toothless

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Upper Right Upper Left
Lower Right Lower Left
32 31 30 29 28 27 26 25 24 23 22 21 20 19 18 17

Dental comments

DNA

DNA Status None reported

Police Contacts

Title
First Name N/A
Last Name
Jurisdiction
Agency Snohomish County Sheriff's Office
City
State
Zip Code
Phone (425) 388-3339
Email N/A
Case Number 91-16498

Photos

Related TopicFacial/Case ID
CaptionReuben Micah Lewis

Hi, Manizak's photo is startling. I took a look and almost lost my breath!

Realizing that the photos we have of him that are ingrained in our minds, he will look much different in a real life photo. That beard and little goatee thing, that can masque the true lines of the face. The eyes too. In death they have been opened some for the photo, and with weight loss, it would make his eyes to appear bigger than he did before IMO.

The only thing that I wondered about is he left Ca, went to Idaho and then over to Washington, but was really on his way to Newport, Or? Interesting, as from Quinault it is almost straight down to Newport. If you have transpo. What about the van? Is it possible to track the van? Where is it now? Reregistered?

Will the police in Lassen go talk to his Mom and show her Lyle's photo?

The other question I have is how much time was there before his leaving Idaho and the body being found? 6 mos? I'd have to look it up. xoxoxo

Great possibility Coildcaseman, and I am alive with HOPE that this man is Lyle. xox

Did we yah or nah this guy?
I did a search and it appears that this man has not been presented as a possible match to Lyle, so if he has been, I apologize in advance. I was searching for someone else and ran across him. His height is several inches off from Lyle's, but I do wander how accurate heights are on adults, as they are generally not measured as often as children. He has similar brows, and appears to have a cleft in his chin. He does have MS, would that have been easily identified after death? There is reason to believe he was murdered, but no solid proof, and he was depressed at the time of his disappearance:

Curtis Pishon-
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/pishon_curtis.html

On this site, he looks so much like the autopsy photo, especially in the MP in Korea picture--definitely a cleft!

http://www.findcurt.com/

Hi, Manizak's photo is startling. I took a look and almost lost my breath!

Realizing that the photos we have of him that are ingrained in our minds, he will look much different in a real life photo. That beard and little goatee thing, that can masque the true lines of the face. The eyes too. In death they have been opened some for the photo, and with weight loss, it would make his eyes to appear bigger than he did before IMO.

The only thing that I wondered about is he left Ca, went to Idaho and then over to Washington, but was really on his way to Newport, Or? Interesting, as from Quinault it is almost straight down to Newport. If you have transpo. What about the van? Is it possible to track the van? Where is it now? Reregistered?

Will the police in Lassen go talk to his Mom and show her Lyle's photo?

The other question I have is how much time was there before his leaving Idaho and the body being found? 6 mos? I'd have to look it up. xoxoxo

Great possibility Coildcaseman, and I am alive with HOPE that this man is Lyle. xox

Manizak was ruled out by fingerprints.

Haven't forgotten him either.

I'm thinking that perhaps his family might have died and maybe that's why it seems there is no one looking for him. If his family's dead, then are his friends looking for him? If they're looking for him, they're maybe not looking in some areas...

Anyone remember Annie Tehan's murder? Her friend phoned everywhere to find her after she went missing and she never stopped looking for Annie, even when there was one dead end after the other.

can i post a photo comparison of depatie and lyle i did? i'm not sure if you are allowed to post the autopsy photo of lyle. let me know because it is very interesting. i resized lyle's autopsy photo close to the myspace phote of depatie (wearing the tux). then i drew straight lines from specific points on the face between the two. from what i see, i think they are the same person. by the way, maybe he plucked or waxed his eyebrows before.

Hi Columbo, Can you point me in the direction of Depatie's photo? It isn't in the Doe Network that I can find. xox

ETA: I found him and will be anxious to see what Grey's Harbor learns: http://www.myspace.com/jondepatie

Hi Columbo, Can you point me in the direction of Depatie's photo? It isn't in the Doe Network that I can find. xox

ETA: I found him and will be anxious to see what Grey's Harbor learns: http://www.myspace.com/jondepatie

sorry for not getting back to you sooner. i am in the middle of trial prep and school is crazy.

i'm glad you found the myspace page. i am curious to see what GH finds out also. i still have doubts though.

sorry for not getting back to you sooner. i am in the middle of trial prep and school is crazy.

i'm glad you found the myspace page. i am curious to see what GH finds out also. i still have doubts though.

Hi Columbo, No problem and glad you stop in even tho you are very busy.

There is one telling feature about Lyle IMO which is his squarish chin with a cleft. I have looked at so many photos and hardly ever see one that is similar. And it is a feature that wouldn't change much with a weight change.

Looking at a photo in death and comparing it to a 'live' image is difficult. The angle is different. I think this guy could fit the profile of Lyle. I hope CCM lets us know as soon as he finds out. Ya Ya xox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels