WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lyle is now on the Grays Harbor County website (WARNING! AUTOPSY PHOTOS!):
http://www.co.grays-harbor.wa.us/info/Coroner/ActiveCases.html

Case summary:
On September 16, 2001, an unidentified male died at a motel in the Lake Quinault area. The gentleman appeared to be in his 20’s. He was 6 foot 1 inch in height and weighed 130 to 140 pounds. He had black hair and hazel/green eyes. He appeared to be of Caucasian/African or Caucasian/Native American descent. He had a surgical scar and his appendix may have been removed. He registered under the name of: Lyle Stevik, of Meridian, Idaho. The dental chart and DNA profile of this gentleman are available. The accompanying likeness is from a digital reconstruction by David Manos Morris, UnsolvedBlog.com. This is our Coroner’s Case #01-238.

Not sure how they got the Caucasian/African thing...

Lyle is now on the Grays Harbor County website (WARNING! AUTOPSY PHOTOS!):
http://www.co.grays-harbor.wa.us/info/Coroner/ActiveCases.html

Case summary:

Not sure how they got the Caucasian/African thing...

Lol No wonder he's still unidentified we're looking for the wrong race :laugh:

Thanks for adding the link!

ETA: maybe they copied and pasted that paragraph about Lyle. That link for the unsolvedblog doesn't do anything for me.

ETA: (last time I promise) has anyone heard or read anything about lyles case being put on that Identifyus.org/namus?

Lol No wonder he's still unidentified we're looking for the wrong race

If the Caucasian/African possibility is real, I'd like to know what they meant by African (a broad definition, could refer to any ethnic group in Africa). I'm not sure if it was a mix up of sorts, even though I looked around on DoeNet and that website, without finding anything to suggest that.

Maybe coldcaseman will hop on here let us know one way or another.

Another thing the way the post says "appendix MAY have been removed" So was it removed or not? I see other cases like that sometimes with information that contains the word "MAY" and it always throws me off. Should we be looking for a missing person with a missing appendix or just a surgical scar of any sort in the general location ?

Maybe coldcaseman will hop on here let us know one way or another.

Another thing the way the post says "appendix MAY have been removed" So was it removed or not? I see other cases like that sometimes with information that contains the word "MAY" and it always throws me off. Should we be looking for a missing person with a missing appendix or just a surgical scar of any sort in the general location ?

If he has a surgical scar like that, then he did. I don't know of any other reasons to have a scar in that location. Or the word "MAY" could have been a typo.

I don't know but it would be nice if they were more confident sounding on some of these physical descriptions!

I don't know but it would be nice if they were more confident sounding on some of these physical descriptions!

I'm a little baffled as to how they sound unsure of some things, even though the case has been open for 9 years.

I'm still more confused over the listing of African as a possible ethnic background. Hispanic was also listed, so now I'm clueless about both!

I rememer that some time ago, I had made a theory that he was adopted, but could not quite elaborate on it.

I believe now that the reason that he hasn't been identified for 9 years, is that he may have been adopted by a family outside of his ethnic background. It seems as though we have been trying to find a definite biological family (if they're still around somewhere), and maybe they might have given him up and never saw him again (voluntarily or not).

Hi, all. Long time lurker, first time poster here.

Please forgive if this is a double post/mention but the "search" feature isn't working for me so I don't know if this name has come up in previous posts.

Has anyone checked into "Lyle" being a match for Bradley Lee Williams? Bradley is originally from Michigan but was living in Tampa, Florida when he disappeared in June of 2001. As you'll see in these links, LE believes there's a good possibility his disappearance is linked to several others in the area (which are presumed murders), but the timelines fit and the appearances are very close to me.

Charley Project:
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/w/williams_bradley.html

North American Missing Persons Network:
http://www.nampn.org/cases/williams_bradley.html

National Center for Missing Adults:
http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?A200301123W

Tampa Police, Missing Persons:
http://www.tampagov.net/dept_police...igations/missing_persons/williams_bradley.asp

I believe I've seen other sites saying his eyes are brown OR hazel, and I'm looking for those again now.

I think it's entirely possible for a person to have gone from a weight of 170 (Bradley Williams) in early June to about 140 (Lyle) in September, especially if that person is depressed or maybe hitchhiking/traveling across the country with little money.

Thoughts?

If he has a surgical scar like that, then he did. I don't know of any other reasons to have a scar in that location. Or the word "MAY" could have been a typo.
His appendix was removed. I don't know who said "may". I also don't know where "African American" came from. He appeared Caucasian, possible Native American.

Hi, all. Long time lurker, first time poster here.

Please forgive if this is a double post/mention but the "search" feature isn't working for me so I don't know if this name has come up in previous posts.

Has anyone checked into "Lyle" being a match for Bradley Lee Williams? Bradley is originally from Michigan but was living in Tampa, Florida when he disappeared in June of 2001. As you'll see in these links, LE believes there's a good possibility his disappearance is linked to several others in the area (which are presumed murders), but the timelines fit and the appearances are very close to me.

Charley Project:
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/w/williams_bradley.html

North American Missing Persons Network:
http://www.nampn.org/cases/williams_bradley.html

National Center for Missing Adults:
http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?A200301123W

Tampa Police, Missing Persons:
http://www.tampagov.net/dept_police...igations/missing_persons/williams_bradley.asp

I believe I've seen other sites saying his eyes are brown OR hazel, and I'm looking for those again now.

I think it's entirely possible for a person to have gone from a weight of 170 (Bradley Williams) in early June to about 140 (Lyle) in September, especially if that person is depressed or maybe hitchhiking/traveling across the country with little money.

Thoughts?
I belive he was looked at earlier, but I'll pass it along to the Sheriff's Office. The nose looks different, Bradley has smaller eyebrows, and doesn't have the mole on his chin.

His appendix was removed. I don't know who said "may". I also don't know where "African American" came from. He appeared Caucasian, possible Native American.

I don't where the "African" statement came from as well, because as far as I know, none of the Grays Harbor UIDs/MPs profiled on that website nor DN, were listed as having or being of African descent.

When I first looked at Lyle, he looked Croatian to me. Like a Croatian Jude Law...

When I first looked at Lyle, he looked Croatian to me. Like a Croatian Jude Law...

I know a family of Bosnian Serbs, and he looks pretty much like them. Yugoslavian.

Maybe he went off to fight in the war and when it came time to come home, decided he didn't really want to live any more, didn't want to explain what he'd been up to, just wanted it all to go away? There were plenty of events in that war to motivate a person to feel that way.

I know a family of Bosnian Serbs, and he looks pretty much like them. Yugoslavian.

Maybe he went off to fight in the war and when it came time to come home, decided he didn't really want to live any more, didn't want to explain what he'd been up to, just wanted it all to go away? There were plenty of events in that war to motivate a person to feel that way.

The Yugoslav wars?

The Yugoslav wars?

Yep. Officially ended 1995, but because of how nasty it all was I can't imagine any of the local powers really started disbanding their forces until well after that.

Serbian Orthodox priests all over the world were getting their congregations of post WW2 migrants worked up about what they could do for Serbia. Communities sent money, and sometimes second generation migrants got crazy idealistic nationalistic dreams about a country they weren't even citizens of, and went to fight. I don't know anyone personally who did it, but I do know the wife of one of them, her kids went to my kids' school for a while.

Yep. Officially ended 1995, but because of how nasty it all was I can't imagine any of the local powers really started disbanding their forces until well after that.

Serbian Orthodox priests all over the world were getting their congregations of post WW2 migrants worked up about what they could do for Serbia. Communities sent money, and sometimes second generation migrants got crazy idealistic nationalistic dreams about a country they weren't even citizens of, and went to fight. I don't know anyone personally who did it, but I do know the wife of one of them, her kids went to my kids' school for a while.

I figured perhaps a UN peacekeeper in the former Yugoslavia, but the UN raised the age minimum in 1998, and preferred peacekeepers to be around 21 years old. Source: http://www.cdi.org/program/issue/do...erby=DateLastUpdated&ProgramID=21&issueID=108

CCM puts Lyle at around 20 years old, and depending on what his birthday was, he would have been at least 10-14 years old when the war started and ended.

I also believe that if he was an immigrant, he was most likely a child immigrant, especially if his dentals were done in North America and he had a possible "slight Canadian or similar accent".

The usage of the word "slight" has been bugging me for some time. If he had a "slight" of either accent, then did he have another accent mixed in? But I will say that I do know a girl who speaks with a mixture of a Spanish accent and an average North American accent.

I rememer that some time ago, I had made a theory that he was adopted, but could not quite elaborate on it.

I believe now that the reason that he hasn't been identified for 9 years, is that he may have been adopted by a family outside of his ethnic background. It seems as though we have been trying to find a definite biological family (if they're still around somewhere), and maybe they might have given him up and never saw him again (voluntarily or not).
I wanted to read this entire thread before I posted. I am a long time lurker but just started posting. Just wanted to add my two cents. I believe Lyle might have been planning to meet someone as others have suggested. I also believe it is likely his lover (man or woman) was involved in another relationship and was possibly 'unavailable'. This is all speculation of course, but what if that is why he checked into a hotel anonymously? I also speculate that maybe he gave the person an ultimatum and the he/she rejected his ultimatum by not showing up to meet him. Finally, maybe in the days/weeks/months leading up to his suicide he had told family/friends that he was leaving to start a new life. It's a possible alternate reason why nobody reported him missing. I know that none of this speculation helps to identify him really, but if there is a lover out there who has spurned him, I would like to think perhaps they would somehow see his pictures or read about him and come forward at the very least out of guilt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ServerNotResponding