WA WA - Yakima, WhtFem 18-25, 916UFWA, handmade yellow dress, 5-pt star tatt, "SCOTT-LILLIE-2H", Jul'77

I saw that yesterday and didn't put two and two together.
I was confused because the article states "could have gone missing".
Does that mean they're not sure if she's missing? I'm not making the connection as to why they believe she may have gone missing if no one reported her.

It may have been that their investigation has yielded some sort of tip or a confession, or something of that sort, by someone who identified Shirley as the victim of a possible homicide.

Sorry to be picky, but what about the hand-made yellow dress?

I sew and stopped by intending to identify a commercial sewing pattern. DOE network lists socks & a green sweater but I didn't see anything at all about the dress.

TY, Laughing

:seeya:

Whoops, found the dress mentioned on Namus, but no photo or sketch. Tried using Google for Farrah brand jeans, too many images of Farrah Fawcett to wade through....

It's also possible that Shirley was reported missing and the family lost touch with investigators and they just want to make sure she hadn't come home or been found safe living elsewhere.

It's also possible that Shirley was reported missing and the family lost touch with investigators and they just want to make sure she hadn't come home or been found safe living elsewhere.

The article says that she was never reported missing.

ETA - Correction: It actually says "could have gone missing", not that she wasn't reported missing.

From crimewatchers site forum

yQocOYo.gif
MoEPg7T.gif

Possibly Linda Adams https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/21953/198? I know her LKA date is off, but the thing to keep in mind is that it's actually an approximation. She wasn't reported until decades after the fact so when she actually went missing is unknown. No photos are currently available for her but she is listed as having brown hair and eyes. Her height estimate (5' tall) is quite low and there's no mention of her having a tattoo but there's no telling how accurate any of her information is.

Possibly Linda Adams https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/21953/198? I know her LKA date is off, but the thing to keep in mind is that it's actually an approximation. She wasn't reported until decades after the fact so when she actually went missing is unknown. No photos are currently available for her but she is listed as having brown hair and eyes. Her height estimate (5' tall) is quite low and there's no mention of her having a tattoo but there's no telling how accurate any of her information is.

The missing date of Linda Adams in the following file http://www.missingin.org/reg9071/linda_m__adams.htm is also June 1, 1978 which would rule her out for this UID. Did you find other info (articles or the like) what made you think the missing date is possibly not accurate or inconsistencies in various info?

The missing date of Linda Adams in the following file http://www.missingin.org/reg9071/linda_m__adams.htm is also June 1, 1978 which would rule her out for this UID. Did you find other info (articles or the like) what made you think the missing date is possibly not accurate or inconsistencies in various info?
The missingin sites aren't original information. They just pull info from other sites and display it in a different way. They can be useful because they sort differently and let you make connections by county, but they probably got the date from Namus and can't be considered confirmation.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Yes, awhile back I did come across an article about several people who are missing from Yakima County and Linda Adams was one of them. Unfortunately, the link no longer works. One thing that was mentioned was that her LKA date was an approximation and that she was not reported missing until 2004 and that she is believed to have possibly been a Ridgway victim. This is discussed more in a thread for one of his currently unidentified victims, Jane Doe B-10 starting at post #24 (the broken link comes from the following discussion): http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?131705-WA-Burien-WhtFem-97UFWA-12-18-Green-River-victim-Mar-84/page2.

Attachments

• il_570xN.1461348828_5bri.jpg
    il_570xN.1461348828_5bri.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 14
  • il_570xN.1508599355_1gzc.jpg
    il_570xN.1508599355_1gzc.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 13
Isn't this ironic....although they say the vehicle she was found in wasn't used for a year, the OIC also helps ex-offenders. Prison panties found...there must be more to this.

Opportunities Industrialization Center (OIC) of Washington is a non-profit organization providing community services through federal, state and local funding sources. Headquartered in Yakima, locations include Mt. Vernon, Moses Lake, Pasco, Sunnyside, Wenatchee, and Walla Walla.

Our Mission is to help in the elimination of unemployment, poverty and illiteracy so that people of all colors and creeds can live their lives with greater human dignity. It includes the provision of health, educational and human services, economic development, and services to secure and provide safe, decent and affordable housing to eligible participants and residents in the State of Washington.

Thanks for finding the FB Jeans. I don't think this UID is Teresa Cupps. Terese had tattoos on her ankle/leg.
Just a suggestion! her sister remembered that she had a tattoo but didn't know where. she thinks it may have been on her ankle or leg but doesn't remember (I believe her sister was around 9-12 when she went missing? and she filed the report in 2004) there's a lot of misreports in the case.

also, good find on the OIC!

This is the right spelling of Lillie for the name on the underwear per Namus. Did anyone ever make any attempts to find this woman and ask her the question?

I sure hope LE did, because she is considered a material witness in this case. According to older posts from Carl in 2010 LE had an alert out for her. But they are mixing up the spelling. Back then it was Lilly....in Namus now Lillie. Besides that she might still be living on the streets under another name or deceased by now.

I wonder if they took fingerprints in those days if you went to prison. Guess so. They ran UID's fingerprints but couldn't find a match. Makes me think she wasn't in a correctional facility before they found her. According to Namus all the clothes, including the underwear, were found near the body, and no mentioning of clothes, for instance socks, on the body. Maybe Millie just slept in the van, released from prison, and left her stuff (at least her prison underwear) behind and had nothing to do with the murder. The home made yellow dress is bothering me: Was it common back then that female prisoners made their own clothes, to kill the time? Does a yellow home made dress fit the circumstances of living on the streets? It's not very practical. Just overthinking all of this. Maybe part of the clothes were there as long as the van was unused, although yellow (especially sunflower yellow/orange) sounds very 70's. Such a shame there are no pictures of the clothes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back