Warning: ad site redirect

I'm on a Samsung Laptop using Firefox as my browser.

We have found out (Thank you bessie) that this exact thing using this exact re-direct is happening on other forums. Not just Websleuths.

This problem with this Lemode Mgz is not exclusive to Websleuths at all.

This helps narrow down the culprit I hope.

Please keep posting anything that happens to you concerning this re-direct. No matter how small.

A small detail to you could be something our tech person can use to find the exact cause.

Thank you for your patience.

Tricia

Don't know how to screen shot but copied this from my browser history when it happened. I was not logged in at the time.

Special Report 2014: How to Lose at Least 21 lbs of Stomach Fat in Just 1 Month.
lemode-mgz.com

I am seeing lots of people complaining around the web but cannot find the commonalities. Has anybody noticed this on a specific thread that you could point me to? I have a suspicion I would like to disprove/prove.

Ah lemode-mgz not lemode-mzg.

Back to investigating
Yep. A google search of lemode-mgz will return many hits from forums experiencing the same problem. The common factor seems to be adverstising, although on one gaming site it's something different that triggers the problem.

I got it on my bookmarked WS page as well as the new posts page.

Happened to me twice on the Jessica Chambers thread (the current one) when I tried to go to the next page. HTH

I'm using Windows 7, Firefox 34.0.5 and Plus. No redirects here.

I am on my iPhone and this has happened to me off and on for the last few hours. Same web address as above. I have the full web address if needed.

So bizarre-after it happened earlier like every five seconds I was gunshy so I logged out, cleared my history and cookies, and waited a few hours. I just came back to read this thread with no problems-but I wasn't logged in. So I thought, "Okay, it's fixed." Logged in, and bam! Same redirect issue immediately, first click after I logged in. Clicked off of it before I thought to take a screen shot, and now it hasn't happened again. I'm using Safari on an IPhone 5c.

Is this something to worry about on our end of more of an annoyance?

ATTENTION MEMBERS. PLEASE READ THIS POST. WE NEED YOUR HELP TO TRY AND SOLVE THIS RE-DIRECT PROBLEM. THANK YOU

It looks like it might be the advertising.

I'm going to turn off one set of ads. If all of you that had trouble could come back sometime tonight or tomorrow, Sunday before 8 PM Eastern and try to log in again and let us know if you have any problems. If you do have problems then we know it's not the set of ads we turned off. If you don't have any problems then we can look at the set we turned off and hopefully figure out which ad this redirect bug is in.

Re-direct bugs have been around forever. I've lost count how many times my home page has been hijacked by some random website.

The good news is others are having the exact same problem so we are not alone in our search. We might be able to find a very quick fix with so many other people having the same problem.

Ok, going to turn one set of ads off now which is 11:30 PM Eastern Saturday night.

I will turn them back on tomorrow, Sunday, at 8 PM Eastern.

After I turn them back on please report back what happened when you logged in.

Thank you for your help.

Has anyone had this problem without ads on Websleuths? Meaning if you have an of some sort or if for some reason you do not have ads did you get re-directed to another site?

I am on my phone using tapatalk and have had no problems...but i dont see ads anyway. Good luck!

I am on my Mac desktop with Safari. I haven't had any issues and I have been on Websleuths for most of the day.

I was being re-directed to a full page ad that wouldn't let me leave. That began yesterday afternoon from page 10 (and only page 10) of http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-near-her-car-Panola-County-Dec-2014-5/page10.

It continued this evening, but when I tried find a help thread, I kept getting the error that I didn't have permission to view the page. I then got that same error no matter which page I tried viewing. I logged out, cleared my cookies, came back here via Google search and could view everything normally while not logged in.

I then logged in again and all is swell! :D I'll try again Sunday evening as requested.

Macbook, Chrome - up to date versions.

Adobe Flash settings manager acting weird with delays after problems on Websleuths as stated mentioned by others up thread, even after clearing things out, so it may be some Adobe Flash Player based glitch, worm, cookie, something, not a techie, at all, just wild guess

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back