Warning: ad site redirect

I was being re-directed to a full page ad that wouldn't let me leave. That began yesterday afternoon from page 10 (and only page 10) of http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-near-her-car-Panola-County-Dec-2014-5/page10.

It continued this evening, but when I tried find a help thread, I kept getting the error that I didn't have permission to view the page. I then got that same error no matter which page I tried viewing. I logged out, cleared my cookies, came back here via Google search and could view everything normally while not logged in.

I then logged in again and all is swell! :D I'll try again Sunday evening as requested.

Macbook, Chrome - up to date versions.

Thank you, this is the kind of info I was needing. Thankfully it disproved my thoughts.

I am confident at this point that somebody is delivering bad ads thru Google and have names on a couple of suspect advertisers. I will be blocking those advertisers before the Google ads get turned back on this evening.

This is very unusual to happen with Google, they keep things very clean. There will always be those that try to game the system.

Dave

Thanks Dave, bessie, and Tricia. I never use ANY browser but google, and I have windows 8. My pc is a new Dell, and I haven't had any problems, since I posted on the first page. But I have been in bed with the flu, so not much help here.

I haven't had any problems being redirected to that site today- not from this website. I did have this happen to me on a different website. Sent me to the same ad site as reported.

I haven't had any problems being redirected to that site today- not from this website. I did have this happen to me on a different website. Sent me to the same ad site as reported.

Thank you AngelaH. We are not alone in this problem so hopefully a solution has been found.

I turned the Google Ads off this morning around 12:30 AM Eastern. I just turned them back on.

What I am hoping is if someone who logged in when the ads were off and didn't have a problem and now when they log in they do OR if someone who logged in when the ads were off DID have a problem like the one we are discussing. The re-directing of your browser.

Thanks everyone. Keep checking in and let us know what is going on with you.

Thank you,
Tricia

I haven't had any more issues today, just logged on a bit ago.

It appears the problem is fixed (KNOCK ON WOOD)

Please let us know if it happens to anyone else.

Tricia

IDK what it is, but a few times over the last few days, I have a redirect saying that my android has been infected. Down load this app to stop it. Of course, I haven't. Unfortunately, I wasn't paying attention to what site I was originally on.

Got the Women's Day/drOz ad several times this evening, mainly the Grateful Doe threads, also Bob Harrod.

iPad with of course Safari.

Thanks!

Just happened to me twice again: clicking on the new thread for the Jodi Arias retrial and going to the Forums list to find this thread. Got Good Housekeeping and FitMom websites. Earlier this afternoon I got a popup trying to get me to download a videoplayer.

I have temporarily turned off Google advertising to give them a chance to weed out this bad apple. If any of you get redirected while these ads are off please let me know.

Dave

It's happening again, 3x in a row just now... Redirecting too when I try to post this! ARRRGGGHHH!!!

Same here. Didn't happen to me before. Same url: lemode-mgz.com

We were just turning the spot back on, grrr. I have turned it back off.

This is ridiculous. We have business to take care of on here,lol.

Hadn't happened to me at all until about an hour ago. Was constant whenever I clicked on my Websleuths page. Closed that tab and opened another one, same thing. The ads would pop up about halfway through WS loading. I was getting same thing as the screen shot on page 1. I gave up, left for a while and then came back. It seems OK now. I'm on iPad with Safari.

The problem didn't happen when I accessed WS on my Iphone using Safari browser around 3pm PST, only on my laptop using Firefox.

I have found the bad advertiser and put a block on it. It can take some hours for Google to quit showing a blocked ad so I will not turn these back on until the morning.

Solution:
For those that may make it here through a Google search. Go to your ad review center, run through all of your ads. Once you have come across the bad ad you will be redirected to the bad advertiser. Look at the address bar and you will find the advertiser to block

In this case, part of the URL read:
e52ea2086454__var1..adwynne__var2..us__var3..1__var4..728-90

The bad advertiser was adwynne.

Now you will have to go back to your adsense Allow & block ads section and place adwynne.com in the text box to block.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamabee1221
Back