Warning!! Will Cause Intense Anger; Restaurant refuses Iraq War Vet. and service dog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. I resent the fact that because I don't have a medical label and federal funding, I can't bring my pets anywhere -- especially restaurants. I guess they're unhygienic unless they're not?

Let's not forget the women who change their babies on restaurant tables (Go look it up, apparently it happens a lot)

Babies who have "Diaper blowouts"

And children who run amok.

I'd rather go to a restaurant that accepts dogs than children. They are germ factories! At least the dog asses are all on the floor...

God bless them all, service dogs & dogs who perform the service of being your true companion. They are true warriors so they should all go to Valhalla. Cats get re-incarnated because they're Buddhists.

And thanks, Steely, I did get out. That's a huge problem single moms have, they're at the mercy of the wind. All of my Mom's family were back in Spain. My Dad's family were either rude, had hidden agendas, ignored her phone calls, or suggested we live in the garage & she could cook/clean/slave with no pay. Since she spoke no English & there were no translators in social services & she was warned about the possibility of having her children institutionalized, we struggled til her family came over.

My border collie, She Who a Must Be Obeyed, has spindle cell sarcoma & needs an amputation. Later today it'll be happy hour in Barcelona & we'll drawn down the moon till she can't one day. And there will never be a day when I won't miss her. Steely has emus, drip~drop & emaililucia have dogs, I have my nine, but there's only 1 She.

I've never served and neither has the ferret lady. She claimed ptsd and got to live in federally funded housing WITH the ferrets, at the public's expense, until someone called her on it -- and it wasn't me. I didn't personally decide whether or not she was entitled to her "service ferrets." There were medical professionals who did that. I just agreed with their conclusion that she was a system-abuser using a conveniently easy to obtain diagnosis for all sorts of public benefits. Really, it happens every day. Thousands of times a day. If it doesn't apply to you and you feel like you're a vet with PTSD and entitled to benefits for that reason, don't take my posts personally about the many people who are not entitled to the benefits but work the system (to the detriment of the legitimate claims).

eta: here's a summary of the service "whatever animal I can think of" problem.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolumnists/animal_house_Z6L9WjFj2AUuuMo6o1dFXP

I've never served in the military. I made a dumb mistake when I was 15 and I have several symptoms of PTSD to this day. The only reason I'm not diagnosed is because it really wouldn't help me either way, my insurance won't cover outpatient psychiatric care so it's a moot point. I know what's wrong with me, so do the people who matter.

PTSD is what happens when your brain does not correctly process a traumatic event. It then causes extreme anxiety and even flashbacks.

1 in 8 lower Manhattan residents had symptoms of PTSD 2 to 3 years after the 9/11 attacks. But since they never served in combat I'm guessing you aren't going to let them have their diagnosis?

As a vet with PTSD, who also knows other vets with PTSD (one of whom has a service Pug :) yes, really!) reading this thread made my blood pressure rise tremendously. I'm still fighting the VA over 15 years after the fact for my "benefits" for PTSD. Dang, I didn't know it was so easy, what am I doing wrong?! PTSD service dogs have many legitimate uses. Try to walk into a persons "bubble" or perceived personal space who has PTSD and beware of the consequences. A PTSD dog will walk a perimeter around their owner when they sense their anxiety rising in this situation, to prevent a trigger. Really, I'm appalled at how so many of us are viewed by those who are not afflicted. I'm thankful I've learned great coping skills because truth be known this thread almost made me lose it. MHO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I hope nobody minds me posting this story here. I really enjoyed reading it and wanted to share. It shows how therapeutic animals can be for those with different illnesses and disabilities. I think the ending was a happy one for the woman and the kangaroo.

http://www.journalgazette.net/article/20130901/NEWS13/130909971

The new home, Carr said, is good for both Irwin and herself. He's able to interact with other people and some animals, and her emotional life is enriched by being around all the animals.

"Just me and him together, it's almost like he was feeding off my depression," said Carr, who lives in the zoo's staff house. "He likes people, he likes to be around people and here, there is something always going on."

Pissy, (verb) - to argue over things of little import to the larger topic at hand.
Pissy, (adjective) - the state of being annoyed over pissy things.

Back on topic, I had to giggle at the idea of a service pug. But pugs just make me laugh in general, dear silly things.

Pissy, (verb) - to argue over things of little import to the larger topic at hand.
Pissy, (adjective) - the state of being annoyed over pissy things.

Back on topic, I had to giggle at the idea of a service pug. But pugs just make me laugh in general, dear silly things.

I cackled over your post. :floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member