Was Burke Involved? # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suppose that JonBenet had somehow irritated Burke that night to the point where he was so angry that he went into her room and smeared feces all over her Christmas candy and elsewhere, thereby causing JB to threaten to wake up J & PR. That may have caused B to chase her all the way to the basement where he assaulted her. Smearing feces says to me that he was experiencing extreme hatred and rage toward JB and she further antagonized him with the threat to tell on him. The only thing he could do to shut her up would be to violently attack her.

If she ran away from him to tell on him, why wouldn't she have run upstairs toward her parents room which was closer rather then running to the basement.

Image from http://cdn.dick-blick.com/items/233/05/23305-0000-3ww-l.jpg.

Hmm otg. The black might be due to the plastic roller for the tape. Or even part of the Asian doll - such as a kimono.

It's such a shame the few BPD photos leaked are of such low quality. Likewise, it's such a shame BPD doesn't release ALL of the ones they showed Patsy in her June 1998 interview.
Could be, yes. Like you say, it's hard to tell with the resolution in the photo. It appears to be wider than an ordinary tape dispenser, but it's hard to tell with any certainty. I had simply never noticed it before and I hadn't heard mention of it. Also, I don't know (as someone else mentioned) if common duct tape would work very well in a roll dispenser like that. But then too, I don't think the black tape on JonBenet's mouth was duct tape. I think it was what's called gaffer's tape, which is not anywhere near as sticky as duct tape. In any event, Patsy denied having any such tape in the house, and yet there are photos of taped boxes in the basement.

Thanks for looking into it, cattlekate.

If she ran away from him to tell on him, why wouldn't she have run upstairs toward her parents room which was closer rather then running to the basement.

He could have blocked the way to the 3rd floor and she ran the only direction freely open to her to get away from him.

I totally agree! IMO, I think JAR or JR was sexually abusing them both. I lean more towards JAR. MOO.

I believe someone abused Burke and JBR, but BR had also gone through a number of upheavals for a child:

they moved from Atlanta to Boulder
his older sister died
his mother had stage four cancer and, according to "Perfect Murder, Perfect Town," was flying to treatment in Maryland.
his father traveled and worked a lot and wasn't around that much

Any child could develop issues from this sequence of events.

I believe someone abused Burke and JBR, but BR had also gone through a number of upheavals for a child:

his older sister died
his mother had stage four cancer and, according to "Perfect Murder, Perfect Town," was flying to treatment in Maryland.

These events would certainly add to Burkes issues, but I don't believe they would account for his behaviors and demeanor on their own. There is definetly something off about Burke that isn't just the result of stress and trauma.

his older sister died

Remember, Beth was his half-sister and AFAIK, they didn't spend a lot of time together. Burke and JonBenet were John's 2nd set of children, much younger than his 1st kids.

I think the jealousy angle that the CBS show portrayed was at least part of the motive, but even jealous siblings don't just kill the sibling they are jealous of. There are much darker aspects to this than that.

Remember, Beth was his half-sister and AFAIK, they didn't spend a lot of time together. Burke and JonBenet were John's 2nd set of children, much younger than his 1st kids.

I think the jealousy angle that the CBS show portrayed was at least part of the motive, but even jealous siblings don't just kill the sibling they are jealous of. There are much darker aspects to this than that.

True, but it's still a huge loss, and facing death at such a young age and trying to grasp it is not an easy thing. Plus, you have to factor in the changes the death would have caused in the household--the air of grieving, JR's attitude and demeanor (which by all accounts I've read did indeed change), etc.

By itself, it might not cause too many issues. But when you take it in context with all the other upheaval in his young world, it would be weirder if it DIDN'T cause emotional issues, IMO.

The jealousy issue goes along with it. He's lost a lot of people in his life and went through a period where his mother had to be separated from them (IIRC, her immune system was compromised from treatments, so the children weren't allowed near her). Then, his mother is back in his life, but she has latched on to pageants and JBR is getting the bulk of attention.

(I'm not discounting abuse! I also believe that something darker was going on there in addition to everything else.)

Maybe because the GJ had actually indicted Burke, but he is being protected because he was unable to be prosecuted.

I had this thought earlier. If this actually happened the records would be sealed.

True, but it's still a huge loss, and facing death at such a young age and trying to grasp it is not an easy thing. Plus, you have to factor in the changes the death would have caused in the household--the air of grieving, JR's attitude and demeanor (which by all accounts I've read did indeed change), etc.

By itself, it might not cause too many issues. But when you take it in context with all the other upheaval in his young world, it would be weirder if it DIDN'T cause emotional issues, IMO.

The jealousy issue goes along with it. He's lost a lot of people in his life and went through a period where his mother had to be separated from them (IIRC, her immune system was compromised from treatments, so the children weren't allowed near her). Then, his mother is back in his life, but she has latched on to pageants and JBR is getting the bulk of attention.

(I'm not discounting abuse! I also believe that something darker was going on there in addition to everything else.)

Burkes demeanor and apathy during interviews show far more severe psychological issues, they do not demonstrate anxiety and stress, they demonstrate someone who's perceptions are misaligned with reality......in other words what Burke displays, or doesn't....goes far beyond emotional problems.

In my opinion, his brain is definetly wired differently.

Burkes demeanor and apathy during interviews show far more severe psychological issues, they do not demonstrate anxiety and stress, they demonstrate someone who's perceptions are misaligned with reality......in other words what Burke displays, or doesn't....goes far beyond emotional problems.

In my opinion, his brain is definetly wired differently.

I studied psychology in college, and I can tell you that something is definitely wrong and it goes beyond anxiety and stress.

During the interview with DP, Burke seems to not be affected emotionally at all by JBR's death. His demeanor is very flippant. It's almost as if he's discussing the poor family cat that died when he was 9 instead of his baby sister.

I remember John saying in an interview that JB did not like it when people were upset and would try to cheer them up or ask them to smile or something like that. It could be that Burke is trying to appear happy because that's what he thinks JB would have liked.

I remember John saying in an interview that JB did not like it when people were upset and would try to cheer them up or ask them to smile or something like that. It could be that Burke is trying to appear happy because that's what he thinks JB would have liked.

2 years later I might by it, 2 wks later.....and he's just gonna "get on with his life"? No way!

2 years later I might by it, 2 wks later.....and he's just gonna "get on with his life"? No way!

Yes. It seems he was coached.
Ok Burke. All you need to remember is you opened presents, we went to dinner at the Whites. Your sister fell asleep on the way home. Once home you went to bed. You woke up when we came to get you to go to the Whites. You heard nothing. You saw no one. This will be over soon, you are moving on with your life.

They kept it simple for him

In light of the recent discussion and developments, this statement from Linda Wilcox is very interesting:

"After Patsy finished decorating the house, Burke became her favorite child. She spent all of her time at his school. He was her first project.. Then, when JonBenet started school, she became Patsy's second project... After JonBenet became Patsy's focus, she also became her obsession... Burke stopped wetting the bed when he stopped being the focus of Patsy's attention. And that was when JonBenet became a chronic bed wetter."

I've wondered if Burke's comments during his brief childhood interviews could be more revealing than anyone is saying. He asked if one man's watch was a rolex, he liked planes , he wanted expensive toys, he was very into his Nintendo system, he made beeping sounds, John was drawn distant, Patsy was drawn smaller than Burke, and JonBenet was not there. Could he have been told that if anyone thought the family did anything that they would lose the business, all their money, lose their plane, no more toys, he would have to give up his Nintendo, and not get a rolex or car when he graduated? If John were upstairs during the whole thing, Patsy all goofy and depending on Burke to help her, Her possibly never being a strong maternal Mom, and JonBenet really was gone? Just thinking there could be answers during his interview, because kids are kind of like that.

I've wondered if Burke's comments during his brief childhood interviews could be more revealing than anyone is saying. He asked if one man's watch was a rolex, he liked planes , he wanted expensive toys, he was very into his Nintendo system, he made beeping sounds, John was drawn distant, Patsy was drawn smaller than Burke, and JonBenet was not there. Could he have been told that if anyone thought the family did anything that they would lose the business, all their money, lose their plane, no more toys, he would have to give up his Nintendo, and not get a rolex or car when he graduated? If John were upstairs during the whole thing, Patsy all goofy and depending on Burke to help her, Her possibly never being a strong maternal Mom, and JonBenet really was gone? Just thinking there could be answers during his interview, because kids are kind of like that.

Its very typical of kids to draw themselves as the biggest person in the family when drawing a family photo.

I do think their were threats made against him, but I would think being told he could be taken away from his own parents would be far more frightening to him then any material things.

In light of the recent discussion and developments, this statement from Linda Wilcox is very interesting:

"After Patsy finished decorating the house, Burke became her favorite child. She spent all of her time at his school. He was her first project.. Then, when JonBenet started school, she became Patsy's second project... After JonBenet became Patsy's focus, she also became her obsession... Burke stopped wetting the bed when he stopped being the focus of Patsy's attention. And that was when JonBenet became a chronic bed wetter."

I would think that PR was in all likelihood an overbearing and inconsistent mother, and it caused a great deal of stress and anxiety in both children.

Children thrive with consistency and struggle in environments that are unpredictable. On one hand it makes them feel safe, that they will get their basic needs met, that they will be fed etc. It is also important because consistency is how children know what is expected of them. If the rules are always changing, or parents responses are always changing even in response to the same problem.....that is really confusing and really stressful for the child, after all how can they meet the parents demands if they can't even grasp what they are. With consistency children understand what is expected of them and they actually have the ability to settle into their environment and meet expectations.

Having a mother who was all over the place all the time, who likely had extreme ups and downs. Who had unrealistic expectations......that is all incredibly confusing.

Not to mention Patsy cancer was ovarian, which is going to have an impact on fluctuating hormone levels and decrease her mental stability.

So given all that, the bed wetting stuff in my opinion is more to do with stress in that regard. I don't think Patsy sexually abused her children.

also there is a tiny chance that given the ages, the timing was just a coincidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173