Was Burke Involved? # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't Teatime- the judge only allowed the release of those limited few. Why?

Maybe because the GJ had actually indicted Burke, but he is being protected because he was unable to be prosecuted.

I only saw COUNTS IV and VII(a) from John's True BIll. Where can I read COUNTS I, II, III, V, VI or any COUNTS beyond VII(a)?

You can't Teatime- the judge only allowed the release of those limited few. Why?

Odd. Very odd.

Only the true bills were released. As far as we know, the other counts were no-billed.

I can't say for certain, but it seems likely that those would have been alternate charges, for example, 1st and 2nd degree murder, manslaughter, and child abuse.

Because there has to be accountability. 3 of the 4 people in the house that night knew who did it and no one held that person accountable. As long as we, the court of public opinion, keep the conversation going...... Yeah, its a life sentence as generation after generation holds them accountable.

Power to and of the people.
Right on!

And an apology.

Perhaps BR had a therapist who voiced his/her concern to JR and PR.
In addition, perhaps friends of the Ramseys, neighbors, housekeepers or family members such as Nedra and John's older children were called to testify about what kind of behaviors they observed in Burke and whether they ever mentioned it to PR and JR.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

The grand jury also had subpoena power for medical records...correct?

The grand jury also had subpoena power for medical records...correct?

Grand juries do have subpoena power. I don't know whether they are able subpoena documents or just witnesses. Dr. Beuf testified before the GJ, so it seems plausible that privileged medical information could have come from him rather than from the records directly.

I believed from the beginning that Burke was the most likely suspect, mainly by process of elimination. It was abundantly clear that the parents were lying and covering up something, so they clearly knew what had happened. I couldn't imagine Patsy doing the choking or the sexual injuries, even as a cover-up. I couldn't see John as the type either. He would not need to resort to such violence to subdue a little girl. Plus I doubted that Patsy would protect John if he had harmed and violated JonBenet. That only left Burke.

Watching his interviews on Dr. Phil, and the footage of his childhood interviews on Dr. Phil and the CBS documentary, only reinforced my view of him as a viable suspect. He came across as callous and smart-alecky as a kid, and sneaky and sly as an adult. It just made the puzzle pieces fit in place a little better for me. I think the most important information withheld by the Ramseys was Burke's medical/psychiatric records. They must have had warning signs but wouldn't accept them. I'm guessing that was behind the grand jury's findings.

Ok, so just a thought....if Burke was playing sex games with his sister, it's because someone started playing these games with him first.....we aren't sure who, maybe JAR, maybe JR....but what if that was part of the reason for the coverup.

Say for a minute that the parents were savvy enough to recognize that if Burke had done sexual things to his sister, they had been done to him....and if the police learned that Burke was the one abusing JBR....a logical path they would have looked into is who was abusing Burke.....and maybe that was a trail they really didn't want to take the police or public down.
I totally agree! IMO, I think JAR or JR was sexually abusing them both. I lean more towards JAR. MOO.

somebody on YT posted this link from the NY Times. Almost difficult to read to be honest. I admire parents who are dealt a rough hand and persevere, and do their best to raise 'good' kids. But in some cases it sounds like the genetics are against you.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/13/magazine/can-you-call-a-9-year-old-a-psychopath.html
I used to work on a children's unit in a psychiatric hospital and a lot of the children I took care of had RAD. Burke could possibly be one of those. IMO
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reactive_attachment_disorder

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

The Grand Jury had to have learned of the danger that was posed to JBR and that the parents did not follow any recommendations
which would have kept her safe. That is clearly spelled out in their wording of voting to indict. The G.J. has the power to subpoena medical records as well as doctors/pediatricians/teachers.

The Grand Jury had to have learned of the danger that was posed to JBR and that the parents did not follow any recommendations
which would have kept her safe. That is clearly spelled out in their wording of voting to indict. The G.J. has the power to subpoena medical records as well as doctors/pediatricians/teachers.

IIRC Burke's third grade teacher testified

somebody on YT posted this link from the NY Times. Almost difficult to read to be honest. I admire parents who are dealt a rough hand and persevere, and do their best to raise 'good' kids. But in some cases it sounds like the genetics are against you.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/13/magazine/can-you-call-a-9-year-old-a-psychopath.html

Good read. Somewhat shocking.

I know that Burke's medical records were off limits to investigators. That's too bad, because I would like to know what if any meds he was on before and/or after the killing.

Good read. Somewhat shocking.

I know that Burke's medical records were off limits to investigators. That's too bad, because I would like to know what if any meds he was on before and/or after the killing.

They would not have been off limits to the grand jury though. Plus Dr. Beuf testified. He was both children's pediatrician

Thanks for biting. I wonder what is in the COUNTS that we do not have. I wonder if the GJ determined that one, or both, of the parents were the murderer(s), but unable to determine which, indicted both. I have seen this happen to two men who beat one of their wives to death but no one could determine which one struck the blows. Both were charged and convicted of murder. It is possible that one of the COUNTS was Murder in the First Degree, isn't it?

Without being able to read all the counts I can only guess that they covered for Burke and knew that he was a danger to his sister but failed to heed warnings.

Then I want to know who warned them that Burke was a danger to his sister? It seems that the GJ must have had some evidence of a warning in order to 'True Bill" Count IV.

Who would be able to testify that Burke posed a risk of bodily harm and even death to his sister?

Teachers, caregivers, coaches.....perhaps Burke drew art work of harming her.....so many possibilities.

Perhaps BR had a therapist who voiced his/her concern to JR and PR.

A therapist is a mandated reporter, if the suspected abuse they are legally required to report it, and not just to the parents.

Suppose that JonBenet had somehow irritated Burke that night to the point where he was so angry that he went into her room and smeared feces all over her Christmas candy and elsewhere, thereby causing JB to threaten to wake up J & PR. That may have caused B to chase her all the way to the basement where he assaulted her. Smearing feces says to me that he was experiencing extreme hatred and rage toward JB and she further antagonized him with the threat to tell on him. The only thing he could do to shut her up would be to violently attack her.

Does anyone remember the name of the school Burke attended?

In the 1995 Xmas letter Patsy wrote, she mentions BR starting at a new school that year. Would that have been the beginning of 3rd grade? (I'm assuming at age 9/10 he'd be in 4th grade at the time of the murder).

3rd grade is on odd age to switch schools ... did JBR go to the same school?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PurplePoloBear