Was Haleigh sold? (and other trafficking theories)

I have to say that selling children is a totally new concept for me. I have seen and heard from the worst of the worst (the bottom of the barrel in the human world) but never came across any one who bought a child. Always a first time..I guess.

I have to say that selling children is a totally new concept for me. I have seen and heard from the worst of the worst (the bottom of the barrel in the human world) but never came across any one who bought a child. Always a first time..I guess.

I'm pretty sure you won't ever come across anyone who admitted to buying a child... or selling one. But it does happen in this country. Usually they are taken to another country... South America comes to mind, but probably others as well.
I watched a documentary couple years ago on trafficking, and some of the kids were pretty young. They start "teaching" them at a very early age to become prostitutes, and introducing them to drugs. Very scary!

I see your points about Turner's syndrome maybe making her more appealing but I would think just the opposite. She would need too much upkeep with medication and possibly needing to see a doctor to keep her alive and well that it would make her undesirable to a human trafficker and for someone to want to keep her around for a long time. I think if she was sold it would have been to keep her around for a short time then murder her. Sorry I hate to say that.

Jr saying the couch was bouncing has always stuck out in my mind and really sounds like it could ring true. Maybe either Haleigh came out and found Misti having sex with some guy (perhaps in exchange for drugs) and they drugged her so they could continue and she overdosed, or they drugged her before they began their "deal" and found her overdosed afterward so the man carried her body out while "sleeping" as jr said.

From a CNN report - Expert: Child traffickers target runaways, 'throwaways'

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/11/18/domestic.child.trafficking/index.html

More common in the United States are traffickers who exploit abused runaways or so-called "throwaways" -- children abandoned by their parents and living on the streets.

"The trafficker plays the role of a father or loverboy who is offering care to the child, who is vulnerable," explaining that what begins as flattery and attention often turns to suggestions of prostitution.

The child, typically homeless and in need of food and shelter, can be manipulated into "survival sex," In other instances, the trafficker or pimp will get the child hooked on drugs and use their addiction as leverage.

Expert Says: Selling children is rare in U.S.; traffickers usually exploit vulnerable, homeless children

Georgia PI:

That sounds like a recipe for Misty's life. :(

The only way to know whether Haleigh was sold is to find out what Misty and Ronald were up to in the weeks and months prior to her disappearance which would result in someone coming to collect their "Little Miss Marker."

And before it upsets anyone, they came to RONALD'S house (in this theory) and not to Crystal's, which says to me that in order to float this theory, one has to assume that Ronald or Misty was the debtor. If Haleigh had disappeared from Crystal's, and this theory was floated, it would result in me looking toward Crystal and Chad. So.....well, like I said, they came to Ron's.

No, only because Ron isn't some big time drug dealer. There was no ransom, or demands. They come in like gang busters, kicking in the doors, scaring the people inside, leaving them bound and gagged, to send a message. I feel like you don't take a kid unless you expect something to exchange her for in return. JMO But if you figure out the "Why" and the "How" you will figure out the "Who". Reading again......

No, only because Ron isn't some big time drug dealer. There was no ransom, or demands. They come in like gang busters, kicking in the doors, scaring the people inside, leaving them bound and gagged, to send a message. I feel like you don't take a kid unless you expect something to exchange her for in return. JMO But if you figure out the "Why" and the "How" you will figure out the "Who". Reading again......

ITA that oftentimes they come in that way...but in Shaniya's case, that is not how it occurred.

Thank you all again for your input on this theory!

ITA that oftentimes they come in that way...but in Shaniya's case, that is not how it occurred.

Thank you all again for your input on this theory!

My bad, I was thinking of drug dealers kidnapping her, not being sold. Yes, you are correct about the Shaniya case. If she was sold, I don't think Ron would ever be involved in that, it would be Misty alone. I don't think that is what went down, and I hope to God that is not what went down for Haleigh's sake. I can't shake a lot of Ron's actions and statements to believe he isn't involved in her disappearance. People have posted so many quotes by Ron that just keep me believing he is hiding some thing alone with Misty.

I will try to remember the question Kimster, just getting old, LOL the mind is going. The body is gone, the hearing starting, the eyes are bad and now the mind.....:(

In light of Steph Watts' report about Misty and Donna selling their "services", it makes me come back to this topic. Did Misty sell or trade Haleigh for drugs?

Here's a list of RSO's in the area: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85449&highlight=sex+offenders

After all this time since the list was made, are there any connections between this list and the players that we know of now that we didn't know then?

Could Misty and her brother(s) been involved in a drug trade with Haleigh? I still believe Misty resented Haleigh. And Ron could have been involved, maybe? Or found out after the fact and figured he couldn't do anything about it or was afraid to do anything about it?

Theories are bouncing around in my head.

From what we've seen of these two families over the past almost 14 months, I still think this is very possible.

Remember the story RC told about the little girl who told him she spoke to Haleigh and someone named Larry (IIRC) was holding her? Maybe there was some truth in that. Not that I believe that version of the story at all, but if one or both of them sold Haleigh, maybe this story was his way of putting some truth out there.

I never would have thought this was possible until Shaniya. It happens and probably a whole lot more than we know. In Shaniya's story, we just got lucky this guy got caught on camera.

In one of the undercover videos when RC is saying how people are saying this might have had to do with drugs and he laughs and says if it were for drugs, they would have killed his daughter and his girlfriend -- something just rubs me the wrong way about that. Almost like he thinks he pulled one over on everyone. This makes me think either Haleigh was taken because of drugs, or sold because of drugs.

JMO

YS, you bring up a good point! RC might have been saying that to dispel rumors that were TOO CLOSE to the truth!!!!!!! In fact, that thought crossed my mind as I was watching that video for the first time.

<chillz>

I have never thought Ron sold her or that she was abducted...
I maintain my stance Ron C is responsible for whatever it is that happened to Haleigh. Do I believe he murdered his child? No, I do not, but I do believe she got caught up in an altercation between he and Misty or he and someone else...and she paid the ultimate price due to his out of control rageful behavior...
I believe he contacted his mother and his grandmother and they all made an extremely unwise decision to rally round and cover his rear since they knew he would most probably spend quite a few years behind bars and would most definitely lose custody of Jr...JMO

Hi Em, like your post. That has been my opinion from the get go. Either the altercation or Haleigh getting into their (TC & MC) drugs. I also believe TN and GGM were called for help, and that they did help in some way.

But to actually bury, cremate or put her in a river would be something I don't think they WOULD do. They COULD do it if it were the last resort, however, I think they would have called Lester and Uncle Donald to do that deed. These men would have to take over because they couldn't let that task fall to their "women folk."

Now, if either of these theories are correct why didn't they devise a story that they could tell the police, such as: when I picked her up from the bus stop she was chewing on something. I asked her what it was and she said it was a piece of candy she found on the ground. I told her to spit it out but she had already swallowed it. Gave her a lecture about never eating anything on the ground or floor and thought nothing more of it.

Or say nothing and when the autopsy results were made known, you could attribuate it to the "candy."

If it were the altercation, that would have been deemed an accident, and very little time, if any, would have been served.

My biggiest problem with all this is why something believable was not put forth due to the fact RC has such a high IQ

Feel free to disagree with any trafficking theories, but please stay on topic at the same time.

:grouphug:

From what we've seen of these two families over the past almost 14 months, I still think this is very possible.

Remember the story RC told about the little girl who told him she spoke to Haleigh and someone named Larry (IIRC) was holding her? Maybe there was some truth in that. Not that I believe that version of the story at all, but if one or both of them sold Haleigh, maybe this story was his way of putting some truth out there.

I never would have thought this was possible until Shaniya. It happens and probably a whole lot more than we know. In Shaniya's story, we just got lucky this guy got caught on camera.

In one of the undercover videos when RC is saying how people are saying this might have had to do with drugs and he laughs and says if it were for drugs, they would have killed his daughter and his girlfriend -- something just rubs me the wrong way about that. Almost like he thinks he pulled one over on everyone. This makes me think either Haleigh was taken because of drugs, or sold because of drugs.

JMO

Don't forget what RC said about $35,000 dollars to get her back.

Everyone is talking about drugs and these two people. I have read and talked to many offenders and alcohol seems to play a big part in their crimes. It lowers inhibitions and seemed to be the one factor that runs through every heinous crime. I think rc has a alcohol problem. I have nothing to back it up but it seems that he has been self-medicating for quite some time.

He has lied from the gate. He has backed misty in every twisted statement and when told she is the key and did not pass the poly, he refused to accept it, stating "Well, I'm not a polygrapher so I can't say if she flunked"

RC is a scammer and does not make a clear statement on anything about this case. His behavior and speech is one of an addict. Alcohol is cheaper and always avaialble. He could be a very angry person when drinking. In fact he acted like he was drunk on the 911 tape.

RC is small potatoes in the drug world. Look at his house..that is not the home of a Dealer of drugs. Ron eats up his profits and would go nowhere in that business. He sells to be able to use. I don't see anyone taking Haleigh for ron's debts. I've been wrong before though.

My biggest problem with this case, Kim, is the fact that LE says they have to go back in time. Of course, this would lead people's mind immediately to drugs. I think it is crucial to figure out why.
If Haleigh got off the bus and disappeared after that, why the need to know what she was doing days or weeks before? I can only see the necessity to go back only if they have no idea of when Haleigh actually went missing.

You make a good case, Kim, because your theory could fit the reasons why LE is looking into the days or weeks prior. I just can't wrap my brain around traffiking. ..

Everyone is talking about drugs and these two people. I have read and talked to many offenders and alcohol seems to play a big part in their crimes. It lowers inhibitions and seemed to be the one factor that runs through every heinous crime. I think rc has a alcohol problem. I have nothing to back it up but it seems that he has been self-medicating for quite some time.

He has lied from the gate. He has backed misty in every twisted statement and when told she is the key and did not pass the poly, he refused to accept it, stating "Well, I'm not a polygrapher so I can't say if she flunked"

RC is a scammer and does not make a clear statement on anything about this case. His behavior and speech is one of an addict. Alcohol is cheaper and always avaialble. He could be a very angry person when drinking. In fact he acted like he was drunk on the 911 tape.

So, do you think that RC having alcohol problems would make him more "numb" to what happened to Haleigh and so you are leaning to the drug trafficking theory? I'm not sure I'm understanding your train of thought.

Feel free to disagree with any trafficking theories, but please stay on topic at the same time.

:grouphug:

Kimster, I think you may mean my post. It probably belongs in the "Whatever happened to Haleigh" thread. Please move it if so. I'm very sorry I just get sooo involved. I'll be more careful...tx :banghead:

as much as i don't even want to type this, it is such a strong possibility that HaLeigh was sold. The only thing i can't wrap my head around is the actions of Ron, wouldn't fit this theory for me. The lies from the whole Cummings side of the family. How would the Croslin family fit into this as well?

I started to follow Shanyia's (spelling?) case, but was so shocked to learn she was sold for drugs, i just couldn't bring myself to follow the case.

At this point, anything is possible. (sad, i have been saying this since March of last year :()

as much as i don't even want to type this, it is such a strong possibility that HaLeigh was sold. The only thing i can't wrap my head around is the actions of Ron, wouldn't fit this theory for me. The lies from the whole Cummings side of the family. How would the Croslin family fit into this as well?

I started to follow Shanyia's (spelling?) case, but was so shocked to learn she was sold for drugs, i just couldn't bring myself to follow the case.

At this point, anything is possible. (sad, i have been saying this since March of last year :()

Admittedly Shanyia's mother was a drug addict and apparently she was hightly addicted. But, even she eventually admitted what she had done. I don't think any of these people with Haleigh are capable of hiding their crime or any knowledge of what happened this long. jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back