Was Haleigh sold? (and other trafficking theories)

Kim,

I have to say after all this time anything is possible. They haven't found a body yet, so that means until they do, it is possible she is alive and not even in FL. The only way I could phantom this going down, now that we have all the LDT and we have seen all Ron's actions and family, is Misty wasn't home. If Ron thought this was because of a drug deal, and he felt guilty or felt Misty was going to tell the World and blame him, I can see him acting the way he did in the very beginning. But why marry her? So that is one hole in my theory.

Misty had a bad drug habit in my opinion. She may have just left, knew someone was coming in to take Haleigh and then just let Ron think it was his fault. IDK Most of the stranger abductions we have seen, that kill the child, they find the body close, not even really covered up. They can't find her. I would think by now, if she is close to home as we think, she would have turned up by now. So she could have been sold, and taken out of State. Something to think about.

I haven't ever really thought Haleigh was sold or traded for money or drugs. I it was or a debt, then LE really does need to go back to the weeks and months before Haleigh disappeared. Surely someone remembers Ron or Misty having more money or drugs available to incur such a debt- someone that doesn't care at all about covering for either of them.

And if it was for later payment, then where was it? Whoever had her could have gotten a little money or their drug of choice to them easily enough without detection as long as they didn't get stupid about it. A little at a time would have pacified them until they could get away from the limelight (which they could never quite seem to do in the following year). Yet, they were buying and selling from UC officers instead?

It just doesn't quite fit to me.

I just can't imagine RC, and MC owing that much in drug money that some dealer would take Haleigh for outstanding drug monies. Dealers are usually in the system, so most likely LE has prints on these people. I can't imagine a child being taken from a house into very cold weather without waking up. Yes, someone could have put their hand over her mouth, but still I can't see Haleigh not being able to get a scream out first. If the theory is Misty knew these people were taking Haleigh what was she doing when they took her?
Did she try, and talk them out of taking Haleigh? I'm not wrapping my head around this theory.

I still believe RC was the one who harmed Haleigh. He whacked her, and she hit her head. He left for work, and MC called him to tell him Haleigh was throwing up. RC called back, and MC said she was sleeping, but she was dead. RC might have said well check on her and when she did that she realized Haleigh was dead. RC called TN, and the cover up began. JMO

I haven't ever really thought Haleigh was sold or traded for money or drugs. I it was or a debt, then LE really does need to go back to the weeks and months before Haleigh disappeared. Surely someone remembers Ron or Misty having more money or drugs available to incur such a debt- someone that doesn't care at all about covering for either of them.

And if it was for later payment, then where was it? Whoever had her could have gotten a little money or their drug of choice to them easily enough without detection as long as they didn't get stupid about it. A little at a time would have pacified them until they could get away from the limelight (which they could never quite seem to do in the following year). Yet, they were buying and selling from UC officers instead?

It just doesn't quite fit to me.

I respect what you are saying and at one point this was a main reason I backed off of this theory, but then this: http://www.thisis50.com/profiles/blogs/just-sick-woman-trades-sexual?xg_source=activity

This grandma was trading her grandchild just to feel her drug habit and nothing else!!!

And then this: "Visible symptoms include physical aggression and the inability to hold down a steady job. The sociopath also finds it hard to sustain relationships and shows a lack of regret in his or her actions. A major personality behavior trait is the violation of the rights of others. This can appear as a disregard for the physical or sexual wellbeing of another." <snipped> http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-sociopath.htm

You and I would think that there would be a HIGH PRICE to be paid for a precious child, but sadly there are some, and I hesitate to call them 'people', out there who don't have normal reasoning. :(

If RC called LE, and told them he smacked Haleigh, and she hit her head then died he knew CS would go after custody of Jr. Keep in mind CS was paying RC child support for the kids which RC needed to live off of. That's why RC married MC to keep her mouth shut about the accident. JMO

I respect what you are saying and at one point this was a main reason I backed off of this theory, but then this: http://www.thisis50.com/profiles/blogs/just-sick-woman-trades-sexual?xg_source=activity

This grandma was trading her grandchild just to feel her drug habit and nothing else!!!

And then this: "Visible symptoms include physical aggression and the inability to hold down a steady job. The sociopath also finds it hard to sustain relationships and shows a lack of regret in his or her actions. A major personality behavior trait is the violation of the rights of others. This can appear as a disregard for the physical or sexual wellbeing of another." <snipped> http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-sociopath.htm

You and I would think that there would be a HIGH PRICE to be paid for a precious child, but sadly there are some, and I hesitate to call them 'people', out there who don't have normal reasoning. :(

I don't think we can rule anything out when it comes to RC.

If RC called LE, and told them he smacked Haleigh, and she hit her head then died he knew CS would go after custody of Jr. Keep in mind CS was paying RC child support for the kids which RC needed to live off of. That's why RC married MC to keep her mouth shut about the accident. JMO

Could be true Cat, however, I think he also married her so he wouldn't be charged with having sex with a minor. JMO

How would marrying her avoid him of any charges involved with having sex with a minor? He had the sex before he married her.

How would marrying her avoid him of any charges involved with having sex with a minor? He had the sex before he married her.

Yes, I'm sure he did have sex with her while she was still a minor. But how could any of us prove that? Especially, because they had a "deal" and he married her. JMO

I think I have missed this thread before... Lots of good thoughts.

I've never really considered the trafficking theory seriously because I just can't wrap my brain around the idea of anybody doing that to their precious children... But I know some have done it so I guess my mental insufficiency isn't enough to rule it out. There are some questions and things that don't quite fit, IMO (but then there are things that don't quite fit in most theories that I've considered).

If Misty sold Haleigh alone out of spite, jealousy, overwhelming addiction etc. and Ronald doesn't know about it, boy, she's got some nerve marrying him. Even if we suppose that she feels no shame or guilt and doesn't see any problem in pledging eternal love and support to someone whose heart you've sold... isn't she a bit worried for herself? He's been making death threats from day 1, and we've seen that he can have some violent tendencies, and we've seen that Misty is not a brilliant liar who can sell any story to anybody. She knew she was already being looked askance at the time of the wedding, by some people anyway. How could she have known that she wouldn't slip anything to let Ronald suspect the truth?

I suppose the strange ex-hubby tattoo makes sense under the assumption that she's the sort of obsessed person who would sell an innocent child who gets between the object of her obsession and herself.

If she was sold according to a previous plan by Misty and Ron working together all that external stuff that's happened is a bit problem for me. I feel like if they planned it together they would have wanted to make a show of it acting a bit differently the time immediately preceding the alleged abduction. No fights, no drugs, no binges, no affaires that would make them look suspicious in front of the world; I feel like perps with any sense should pretend to be Mr and Ms Goodyshoes for a while at the time when they know their every step will go under public scrutiny. They did try to portray themselves as the perfect family for some time, but they hadn't exactly acted the part and it fell apart.

If they were in it together, would they go on TV to discuss the case as much as they have, or would they be hoping that the story will go away as soon as possible? If Ron and Misty sold Haleigh it would certainly explain some aspects of their public performances, like why there seemed to be some awkwardness in the public pleas and "if you're watching, baby I love you"s (subjectively to me, anyway). And why Misty didn't know where and when everybody slept, because they didn't. Why she said, "I didn't do anything with, to that little girl". Why did he say that he'd give his life for his daughter's life back? We took it as a slip of the tongue to indicate he knew she was dead but what if it was intentional to try and give the impression she was in the hands of a stranger abductor/killer, not sold as alive.

The wedding would be even more appalling if they had sold Haleigh, IMO. All that talk about she would have wanted it and they've got a flower girl dress for her and there'll be another party when she comes back and they would have wanted her to be there blah blah blah. I could understand the wedding somewhat better if they knew she was dead and wouldn't be coming back wanting her flowergirl dress, ever, so they might just as well get married now than later, as far as Haleigh was concerned. But it was appalling to me to think about them getting married with the possibility that she might be tormented by watching her father partying without her at her abductor's home. However, if they knew for sure that she was alive, knew that she was missing all this, and had deliberately made sure that she wouldn't be there at any family party anytime soon the hypocrisy and cruelty of that justification for the wedding is just too much for words.

What's TN and Granny's role in all this? Why did TN send a relative to check on the kids? Had they an idea of what was going on? Why would Misty say she was tired and have to be begged to babysit by TN if she was going to sell Haleigh on Monday night anyway? (If that story is true.) Wasn't Misty aware of the plan? Was she invited in as a prop?

It would explain why LE said they're looking for a live Haleigh but not why (IMO) they haven't been SEEN to do very much in order to look for a live Haleigh. But maybe they're all very busy behind the scenes and they're trying not to spook the traffickers into killing her or something. It's just... well, I dunno. We've seen massive drug busts after Haleigh went missing but have there been any comparable efforts locating child *advertiser censored* distributors and the like?

It doesn't explain Tommy and Joe. Were they somehow involved in the trafficking scheme? If they were it makes no sense to try to get them in trouble. Why would they point these two individuals out as molesters if the aim is to hide their role in enabling Haleigh to be molested for profit? If their part is revealed, surely they won't protect Misty and/or Ron. If they aren't involved, why point fingers at family, people who know you and who may tell the police a thing or two about your lifestyle if they get pizzed? What were all the rows between Ron and Misty and the rest of the Croslins about?

NO theory is perfect, they all have holes in them. At the same time, no theory should be discounted until we know all the facts. Anything is possible.

Good theories should be based on facts... not supposition, not speculation... FACTS. The problem is, the facts we do know are so few and when put together, don't all add up. I am not going to discount anything, except maybe alien abduction or something equally as unbelievable.

Human trafficking is a real problem in this country. Whether that is what happened to Haleigh, I don't know. But it IS a possibility, however small, and can't be disregarded. Saying something didn't happen because that's not the way it's usually done, is wrong. Criminals don't always follow a set pattern. Sometimes they don't leave much of a trail.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back