Was Jose Baez retained by Casey on June 17, 2008?

Status
Not open for further replies.
wait, hold up. IF JB was retained by KC on June 17th - that means he has full knowledge of her partying, the car fiasco, EVERYTHING - hiding from CA - all of it.

Nope - I think it was just a slip. If JB has a document signed by KC and dated 6/17/08 - man o man - he needs to be deposed!!!!!!!

That's the whole thing, Swaggie. If she retained him on 6/17 and he let her spend the next 29 days partying like it's 1999, living La Bella Vita, then he truly is the stupidest attorney known to man.

I do believe is was a mistake. But it does make you go hmmmmmm......

That's what In thought until i saw this thread and it triggered memory of this earlier discussion . . .
I don't think it is even a remote possibility that he was retained June 17. I think it is a mistatement and nothing more. JMHO of course.

I don't think it is even a remote possibility that he was retained June 17. I think it is a mistatement and nothing more. JMHO of course.

respectfully bbm

of course it is, BUT the thing that gives me one of those :shocked2: moments, is the consistency with which he makes these kinds of mistatements and mistakes.

This is her lawyer of choice, the man between her and the end of life as she knows it, who has been with her from the real retain-date, has spent the most time with her, has based his "ground breaking " Latino legal eagle reputation on, the highest paid case he's ever had... his Raison D'Etre

and he can't remember the right date... ? simply breath-taking

we take more care than that keepiong track of when we paid the electric bill....

I find this phenomenal... along with all the other stuff he bollocks up.

You'd think he'd have her wt, ht, birthdate, and eye color tatooed on his butt, and every key date engraved on what's left of his tiny little mind... it's stunning to me in quality of ineptitude here. (on JB's part)

I am awed that he's actually a real lawyer... not in a good way

it goes hand in hand with " I didnt keep track [of billable hours or expenses]"

are you serious? really? extraordinary

I could watch him all day, just out of amazement at the level of FAIL, and I am not even a lawyer:laugh: Baez has set the bar for the legal profession in a whole new category.

JMO / MOO

respectfully bbm

of course it is, BUT the thing that gives me one of those :shocked2: moments, is the consistency with which he makes these kinds of mistatements and mistakes.

This is her lawyer of choice, the man between her and the end of life as she knows it, who has been with her from the real retain-date, has spent the most time with her, has based his "ground breaking " Latino legal eagle reputation on, the highest paid case he's ever had... his Raison D'Etre

and he can't remember the right date... ? simply breath-taking

we take more care than that keepiong track of when we paid the electric bill....

I find this phenomenal... along with all the other stuff he bollocks up.

You'd think he'd have her wt, ht, birthdate, and eye color tatooed on his butt, and every key date engraved on what's left of his tiny little mind... it's stunning to me in quality of ineptitude here. (on JB's part)

I am awed that he's actually a real lawyer... not in a good way

it goes hand in hand with " I didnt keep track [of billable hours or expenses]"

are you serious? really? extraordinary

I could watch him all day, just out of amazement at the level of FAIL, and I am not even a lawyer:laugh: Baez has set the bar for the legal profession in a whole new category.

JMO / MOO
I must be missing something because to me this is simple human error. Particularly because he got the "17th" part right.

There have been a lot of theories surrounding the pings.

I'm pretty sure he misspoke - he seemed nervous, plus I'm to tired to look for any more references . . .:bedtime:

I would think that an attorney should be more careful about what he says under oath.

People have the ability to correct their testimony after they review a written transcript. This would be the more informative document to see.

Hi JBean, did you edit the thread title?

Did I hear correctly?

Was Jose Baez retained on June 17 2008?

I believe Jose gave this date in his testimony I haven't seen a thread on this and if true then this in my opinion is huge.

Hi JBean, did you edit the thread title?
I did Darnudes. I changed it to match the question in your OP and to avoid confusion.As you opening post points out, it is unclear.
I added my name to the edit so you could see the edit. We try to let you know if we can, but when it gets really busy when a lot of stuff is popping all over the board, we can't always. Lot going on tonight. :)

No worries JBean - I understand, not having a swipe at the mods as I know you all work very hard.

There have been a lot of theories surrounding the pings.

I'm pretty sure he misspoke - he seemed nervous, plus I'm to tired to look for any more references . . .:bedtime:

Please don't give up, Tiki, because I distinctly remember someone posting about why was Casey pinging so much in the area of JB's office before anyone "knew" anything was wrong. I have a 5AM wakeup call for tomorrow or I would do it myself. But you are definitely right and when I saw this quote from JB it was the first thing I thought about, too. Gotta go.

I think he meant July 2nd, right around, oh ... let's say ... 12:30 PM ??

Hello WS :)

Oh, you get a "Wha?! and a WOW!" From me. No problem.

But just when you think you have caught these people in their lies, they find a way out. I just can't help thinking that way after following this case. I hope I am really wrong and this is as important as Mr. Hornsby's blog indicated it would be.

Here's hoping.

:twocents:

ETA: Oh. It was a slip o the tongue. Fine. Whatever. But, there is some kind of sleuthing that has been done re: some kind of JB/Casey connection/encounter before Casey was in jail. And, at the very least I have to agree with those that say JB is a terrible lawyer. :cow:

I hear it this morning but didn't make the correlation. Good Catch!!

Would be a bombshell if the June date were true!!! Someone call NG!!

Personally I never believed the story we were told of how she got his name in the first place. I always thought she had him lined up before she got arrested but not quite that soon.

'yes ms anthony retained me before caylee died, yes'

now that would be a bombshell.\

a moron forgetting what month it was isnt a bombshell

Jose Baez

"This case began June, I was retained June 17th."

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUY9h0ZnKZA[/ame]

1.04 Mark

Even if he did make a mistake shouldn't he be fully conversant with the facts by now and be able to state them under oath?

I don't think many people here would make that mistake and if he did make a mistake I hope that he rectifies it promptly and I will be happy to stop speculating.

Jose Baez

"This case began June, I was retained June 17th."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUY9h0ZnKZA

1.04 Mark

Even if he did make a mistake shouldn't he be fully conversant with the facts by now and be able to state them under oath?

I don't think many people here would make that mistake and if he did make a mistake I hope that he rectifies it promptly and I will be happy to stop speculating.

.........wow.....kc is not loving hearing the june 17 date! her eyes/facial expression go all over the place-------" what are you thinking about kc-----as you hear that date ??"

The original story of how KC found JB was through another inmate in a holding cell.

I always had a hard time with that.

Handcuffed and all...what? trying to pass a business card?
Writing down a number holding a pen in mouth?

Then its that JB has a daughter who is friends with KC...
That I cant buy either. Unless JB's kid is a shot girl.

I WOULD believe that KC had spoken with him prior to the arrest and she didnt hear back from him before she cried poor at her first appearance.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member