Was Kaine at home or work the day that Kyron disappeared?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he was at home that makes me really unsettled. As I stated before I really am not liking all these coincidences.
I also wonder if it was a scheduled day off or he took it off, it was a Friday so he could have taken it off for a 3 day weekend?
I highly doubt them going to the bus stop together was the norm, if he was working full time.
MOO.

Don't feel bad -- you're just using COMMON SENSE to realize that things don't add up in this case (If you believe a certain theory in this case)

The one comment I'm sick of seeing is, "You don't know how you would act if your child was missing."

Really? I can take a WILD guess that I wouldn't be playing Facebook games, talking about clean sheets, "working out" -- or in other words -- acting is if a burden had been lifted off your shoulders.

It amazes me in cases like these . . . a "perfect" plan is made up -- but the one part they can never rehearse is how to act "after" the crime is committed. It's really hard to make yourself "pretend" you are concerned -- when you already know the outcome.

No but I think it may be the other way around. :cow:

That leads to the question, what does that say of a man who could possibly choose a spouse over his own flesh and blood? SO many questions and scenarios are popping into my mind right now, about this. :waitasec:

The tone of his email is standard, esp. for men, esp. men sending out email to work colleagues. Men tend to cut to the chase, write the facts, and get to the point. This is especially true of engineering or tech types.

Don't read anything into his email 'tone,' because honestly, that will not give you any info.

As for the whole privacy thing and content of his email, I don't know what to make of that. I would think such an email, instructing Intel employees what to do/not do/media/legalities, would come from someone in HR or Sr. Mgmt, since it's sent to employees and not just personal friends of Kaine. So how that was handled and that Kaine sent the email out I find confusing. If it had been sent by an official of the company then I think there would be much less speculation on that particular piece of communication.

So true, my dh is an engineer and I could totally see him writing this.

http://www.intel.com/community/oregon/campus/transportation.htm

As far has Kyron’s dad being home for the bus stop the above link is about Intel in Oregon and what they do to help the community – one of the items listed is alternate start times.
Kyron’s dad may work a shift that is not “typical” business hours and allows him to be home for the bus.

Taken from above link:
Transportation

Intel is doing its part to decrease cars on local streets by providing a variety of traffic reduction programs to employees. Intel encourages the use of public transportation, shuttles, carpools and vanpools, and support bike clubs, on-site services and alternate start times. Tri-Met, the Association for Commuter Transportation, and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency have all praised Intel's commute reduction program with specific recognition.

This is very common in NJ, thus 'rush hour' never seems to end. Very common for people to leave for work as early as 5:00 a.m. (maybe sooner). Sadly, earlier leave times don't guarantee earlier home arrival times due to traffic and summertime trips to the Jersey shore.

So true, my dh is an engineer and I could totally see him writing this.

But why would THAT be his concern when his son has gone missing without a trace? I can think of so many other things that he hasn't done. So it seems odd that was important to him to complete. JMO

Don't feel bad -- you're just using COMMON SENSE to realize that things don't add up in this case (If you believe a certain theory in this case)

The one comment I'm sick of seeing is, "You don't know how you would act if your child was missing."

Really? I can take a WILD guess that I wouldn't be playing Facebook games, talking about clean sheets, "working out" -- or in other words -- acting is if a burden had been lifted off your shoulders.

It amazes me in cases like these . . . a "perfect" plan is made up -- but the one part they can never rehearse is how to act "after" the crime is committed. It's really hard to make yourself "pretend" you are concerned -- when you already know the outcome.

BBM - Well, I think of Susan Smith.... just sayin'.

However, do agree with the bulk of your post. I'd be a complete and utter mess, to say the least. :( Sadly, the 'burden being lifted comment' is sad and disturbing as well.

I would do everything and anything to try and find my child or any child. Soon I pray we will find out the truth about who was at work or at home or at the gym or playing games or on an island.I hope this was a stranger that took him.If not I will always go with my gut.

http://ackerlaw.com/posts/2010/06/07/missing_child__kyron_horman_7

a few things bother me about his email:

1) he tells people not to talk to the media if contacted
2) he says Kyron was "dropped off at 0845" not, "my wife last saw him at 0845" etc. Could this be what he was "told" by his wife????? Did he KNOW what time she actually went to the school that morning???
3) he sent the email 48 hours after Kyron went missing (may not be of a concern to some but for some reason it is odd to me jmhoo)

2) he says Kyron was "dropped off at 0845" not, "my wife last saw him at 0845" etc. Could this be what he was "told" by his wife????? Did he KNOW what time she actually went to the school that morning???
3) he sent the email 48 hours after Kyron went missing (may not be of a concern to some but for some reason it is odd to me jmhoo)

Am I going nuts here or didn't Kaine write in the email that after the bus driver tells 'them' that Kyron was not seen in class all day, that 'they' called 911? The email no longer states that. It now states that 'they notified police in partnership with the school'. Am I remembering this wrong?

TIA

Odd to me too. Couldn't sleep last night trying to piece this together. What about the Father is what my mind keeps asking. Personally, I think keeping him in the background and his own lack of actions to plea for his son's return, etc., screams Hinky.

BBM (bolded by me)

Good catch nurse - I don't remember seeing that before. Kyron was last seen with s-mom at 8:45a and I'm not aware he was 'dropped' off at any time that am. moo mho

Am I going nuts here or didn't Kaine write in the email that after the bus driver tells 'them' that Kyron was not seen in class all day, that 'they' called 911? The email no longer states that. It now states that 'they notified police in partnership with the school'. Am I remembering this wrong?

TIA
I am not sure as I came to the case late... I am looking thru crankycrankerson photobucket to see if our wonderful poster got an early capture of it
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Kyron Horman -OR-/?start=all

TIA

I just saw a screen shot of the email and it is the same quote. I thought he had mentioned a call to 911 in the email and he did not. A lot of 'we' in the email though.

TIA

The email has been modified. I recall discussing with member Seeking Truth and others about how it said they'd called 911 'in concert' with the school. Now it has indeed been changed to 'in participation' with.

Here's my post about 'in concert'. On that page you'll see people discussing it:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5299452&postcount=422"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - #17[/ame]

I would like to know who has editing access to that page, who is changing it, and why. It disturbs me tremendously to see something published as an email sent on a specific date and time, and then later changed, because that is very much misleading about what the email said.

I don't care if someone adds on a section and says "Here are some changes" and gives them. But never, never, never publish an email and then change it. It shoots down the person's credibility big time in my book.

and didn't the secretary call the non emergency police number????? I need to find that link that Steadfast gave me with the LE clarification

says BOCA was called not sure what that means

Okay. This is really weird. I'm looking up some early copy/pastes of that email, and found some from June 9 that say 'in participation'. I know I absolutely looked at the Acker page and say 'in concert' when it was brought up in the earlier discussion, because I wanted to confirm that unusual wording was indeed what it said. Now I really wish I had taken a screencap. Hopefully some others will recall the 'in concert'.

The email has been modified. I recall discussing with member Seeking Truth and others about how it said they'd called 911 'in concert' with the school. Now it has indeed been changed to 'in participation' with.

Here's my post about 'in concert'. On that page you'll see people discussing it:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - #17

I would like to know who has editing access to that page, who is changing it, and why. It disturbs me tremendously to see something published as an email sent on a specific date and time, and then later changed, because that is very much misleading about what the email said.

I don't care if someone adds on a section and says "Here are some changes" and gives them. But never, never, never publish an email and then change it. It shoots down the person's credibility big time in my book.

bbm

at which point we notified police in partnership with the school.

When I found and posted that e-mail it said " in partnership". It still says that. The e-mail has not been modified in my opinion.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5270244&postcount=866"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #6[/ame]

Okay. This is really weird. I'm looking up some early copy/pastes of that email, and found some from June 9 that say 'in participation'. I know I absolutely looked at the Acker page and say 'in concert' when it was brought up in the earlier discussion, because I wanted to confirm that unusual wording was indeed what it said. Now I really wish I had taken a screencap. Hopefully some others will recall the 'in concert'.

As of June 10 ~ 4pm, my capture of it stated:

"...at which point we notified police in partnership with the school."

Yes, as I said, I went back and pulled some early copy/pastes of the email, where it says 'in partnership'. You can see the discussion, however, of 'in concert' at my link above.

I recognize that without a link or screencap I have no way to show that. I understand skepticism - I'd feel the same :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500