Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I’m sorry that I haven’t been posting tweets. I was able to go to the trial briefly yesterday morning before having to leave before lunch. I didn’t get to hear much, but it gave me a feel for the courtroom and people involved. If anyone has questions about general observations, please let me know.

Were you there when the picture was discussed?

I’m curious how and when WM hurt his back that led to him being bedridden for months? From the review yesterday of those texts to MS, it seems as though DM began his plot to kill his father way back at the beginning of 2012. His urgency to get connected to MJW, his comment about needing to do something soon, his ongoing worry about money, and asking someone if they knew who might invest $2M into the MRO … I wonder if he made previous attempts to do in his father in other ways.

MOO.

Yes I was. I was not there if it came up when Falconer testified (I left not long after he began) but I was there for the initial arguments.

Would you mind to add your observations when it was presented?

As I understood Falconer was not allowed to used that picture at all, because the picture was not allowed as an evidence.

Hi all, I’m sorry that I haven’t been posting tweets. I was able to go to the trial briefly yesterday morning before having to leave before lunch. I didn’t get to hear much, but it gave me a feel for the courtroom and people involved. If anyone has questions about general observations, please let me know.
I've been curious if DM is coming across as cocky/arrogant, the way he often did in his last two trials.

• Settings

• Jun 12 2018 10:05 AM
    Court is now in session. Crown Ken Lockhart is resuming his questions for Falconer.
      • Twitter
      • Facebook
      • LinkedIn
    Adam Carter
    0f02d2c9-ff9d-488d-8144-ea60d1142192.jpg

• Jun 12 2018 9:24 AM
    Also of note this morning - I’m hearing the Crown now does not plan to call Millard’s mother, Madeleine Burns, as a witness. It remains to be seen if she could end up in the witness box as a defence witness. There’s no word on that though - Millard’s lawyer, Ravin Pillay, is under no obligation to call witnesses at all.

Would you mind to add your observations when it was presented?

As I understood Falconer was not allowed to used that picture at all, because the picture was not allowed as an evidence.

It was all presented diplomatically. It was the very first matter of the day. It seems that Falconer reviewed the data from DM’s computer/devices over the weekend in preparation for his testimony and found that the “eye” image metadata showed that the photo was taken in 2005 but uploaded to the Steam gaming site between November 10 and 14, 2012. The Steam account was started on November 10 and had roughly 188 hours of gameplay total on the account, as late as May 6, 2013 (I’m going from memory, I don’t have the notes I made with me). The Crown (Lockhart was speaking) let Pillay (they refer to each other as “my friend”) know over the weekend that this had happened and it had not been presented in previous disclosure. Pillay said he did not have time to review the new finding/data in depth and secure his own expert witness with so little notice. He said it was also very predjudicial for something that is not relevant.

The judge ruled in Pillay’s favour and deemed the photo itself inadmissible, but the rest of the slide (PowerPoint slideshow) could be used if the image was blacked out of the official copy. Lockhart offered to black it out with a china marker for the time being, instead of waiting for a new file to be printed and bound and the judge agreed. Lockhart asked for a 5 minute break to communicate with Falconer before he took the stand so that he knew what had happened. It ended up taking longer, and it ended up being about a 15 minute break.

I was just watching the full DM video interview and found something interesting. I will try explain it as best I can to see what others think of this.

Apparently the housekeeper came by every day, twice. Once at 9 or 10am and then again around 5 or 6pm. At the 39 minute mark in DM's video statement, the officer asks DM if the housekeeper was the lady who pulled up to Maple Gate while DM was there with the police on Nov 29 (I am guessing this was around 7 or 8pm). DM says yes that was her and mentions that it seemed as though she had been there around 5pm since he noticed dinner made for his dad.

So why did the housekeeper come back for, supposedly, a third visit that day? Was she called by DM or MB? It just caught my attention that the officer brought this up to DM in the video.

I am wondering if the housekeeper could be grandmother of MH (DM friend). If I remember correctly she was a housekeeper to MB and WM when they were married and later cared for DM's grandmother. I think that MH took Pedo to MH's grandmother's after DM was arrested when TB was missing. It sounded strange at the time, but if the gm knew Pedo, it makes more sense. It may also have some bearing on why MH was so distraught when he was testifying. That was the only day I attended court and so that is why these things probably stick out, though I may be off base. MOO.

• Settings

Court is now in session. Crown Ken Lockhart is resuming his questions for Falconer.
      • Twitter
      • Facebook
      • LinkedIn
    Adam Carter

Also of note this morning - I’m hearing the Crown now does not plan to call Millard’s mother, Madeleine Burns, as a witness. It remains to be seen if she could end up in the witness box as a defence witness. There’s no word on that though - Millard’s lawyer, Ravin Pillay, is under no obligation to call witnesses at all.

Aaaaargh what happened to her testifying on the 15th? We've been waiting so long to hear from this woman.

Aaaaargh what happened to her testifying on the 15th? We've been waiting so long to hear from this woman.

Perhaps they intentionally scheduled her for later in the trial so as to call her only if they found they needed to, after everyone else testified? Maybe they think they no longer need her, or the drama, to get a conviction.

I've been curious if DM is coming across as cocky/arrogant, the way he often did in his last two trials.
In the short time I was there, I watched DM as much as possible. He was led in by a guard, straight to the prisoners box. He automatically turned around and the guard (wearing gloves) removed the handcuffs from DMs arms behind his back. The guard stood a few feet from the prisoners box at all times.

DM sat down without looking around much, a straight/neutral face. He had a laptop and rarely looked up from it while the crown or defense were speaking. He did not seem to be looking at the screens as slides were displayed, only typing and looking at the laptop.

He occasionally spoke to Pillay when Pillay approached him, but I could not hear what they said and body language was neutral.

I only saw him glance around the room once and he met my gaze for half a second and I looked down. It was almost easy to forget he was there, off to the side in the prisoners box and looking down to type.

He had an average looking hair cut apart from the braid a couple of inches long behind his right ear. He wore dark jeans, a white dress shirt buttoned to the neck but no tie. A medium gray blazer that was not a slim fit. Large framed, dark plastic style glasses that looked too big for his face. A string around his neck with some sort of small brown pouch/bag on the end. His face looked a lot less puffy than in the mugshot we normally see, and his jaw is more defined.

I wouldn’t say cocky, in the short time I was there, very neutral and looked like a guy just doing work (if I didn’t know he was a monster).

• Settings

• Twitter
      • Facebook
      • LinkedIn
    Adam Carter

Is this Adam's post about MB?

In the short time I was there, I watched DM as much as possible. He was led in by a guard, straight to the prisoners box. He automatically turned around and the guard (wearing gloves) removed the handcuffs from DMs arms behind his back. The guard stood a few feet from the prisoners box at all times.

DM sat down without looking around much, a straight/neutral face. He had a laptop and rarely looked up from it while the crown or defense were speaking. He did not seem to be looking at the screens as slides were displayed, only typing and looking at the laptop.

He occasionally spoke to Pillay when Pillay approached him, but I could not hear what they said and body language was neutral.

I only saw him glance around the room once and he met my gaze for half a second and I looked down. It was almost easy to forget he was there, off to the side in the prisoners box and looking down to type.

He had an average looking hair cut apart from the braid a couple of inches long behind his right ear. He wore dark jeans, a white dress shirt buttoned to the neck but no tie. A medium gray blazer that was not a slim fit. Large framed, dark plastic style glasses that looked too big for his face. A string around his neck with some sort of small brown pouch/bag on the end. His face looked a lot less puffy than in the mugshot we normally see, and his jaw is more defined.

I wouldn’t say cocky, in the short time I was there, very neutral and looked like a guy just doing work (if I didn’t know he was a monster).

I’m sure he’s trying hard to just blend in and not look like a prisoner! (Hence, the laptop request).

It is those but a lot more that I have never seen before. It shows a lot more rooms in the house. I don't know where the person got them from, they did not say.

On my iPad, if I wait a minute, an arrow appears on the first slide in Mandel's article. This arrow opens a scroll of 33 photos. Are those the same house photos from the other site? I didn't see them at first.

DM says it was neither odd nor not odd and she may have come to do the dishes. That mades sense to me. What doesn't make sense is her leaving a dinner to get cold on a desk. Obviously, he was dead for several hours by then so she could not have come that day IMO.

Maybe we are going to see another one of those texts by DM where he tells people to stay away - just like when he told all his hangar "employees" not to come to work because of airport politics. Wouldn't that be good?

Velma I'm sure we are all interested in any observations you may have had, or any info.. is it possible for you to make a post about all of it?

So many lies. I am losing all respect for Pillay during this trial. The picture of DM’s bloody eye - still don’t get why he fought so hard to have that removed from evidence. Judge has seen it, and can’t unseen it. Pillay making an issue of it will make it stand out more than if he hadn’t argued it out. Moo

He's doing his job probably. He doesn't have a lot to work with. jmo

Headed back to the courthouse this morning as Dellen Millard’s trial for first degree murder in the death of his father continues. Follow along for updates.
by Adam Carter 9:19 AM

Retired OPP officer Jim Falconer will be back in the witness box today, talking about what he found on Millard’s computers and phones.
by Adam Carter 9:21 AM

by Adam Carter 9:24 AM

by Adam Carter 10:05 AM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member