weekend break: discuss the latest here #123

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sooo sorry I missed the Juan M moments with the witness... I just assumed the defense wasnt going to let him get a chance until next week... Or the next!

Sooo looking forward to Monday! :rocker:

I haven't watched it yet but didn't she just release a statement saying she wouldn't be talking until after the verdict??

I personally have issues with a dismissed juror making a statement about "no statement" then showing up at the trial. Is there any better way to assure one will be the center of attention? Then claiming they have to go home and talk to their "legal advisors."

It's not about her and she just made herself the center of the circus. Legal advisors? She's a dismissed juror. GMAB

JMO

First page :)

To avoid removal, I'll ask my question again. Is it even possible that an acquittal could take place when she's confessed to killing him?

As the old saying goes "Anything is possible", but I truly doubt there will be an acquittal-the reason I say this-is because I believe the jury has really made up it's mind. I really don't think they bought what the 2 defense experts testified about. I think JM has done and will continue to an awesome job especially when he closes.

Rock on Juan :rocker:

I personally have issues with a dismissed juror making a statement about "no statement" then showing up at the trial. Is there any better way to assure one will be the center of attention? Then claiming they have to go home and talk to their "legal advisors."

It's not about her and she just made herself the center of the circus. Legal advisors? She's a dismissed juror. GMAB

JMO

I had the same thought but was giving her the benefit of the doubt right up until the words, "legal advisors," passed from her lips.

I haven't watched it yet but didn't she just release a statement saying she wouldn't be talking until after the verdict??

She really gave no interview just said she wouldn't be speaking with anyone until she clears it with her legal counsel, which is basically what she said in her release statement. She was very nice to the reporter and pleasant. Nothing out of line. They walked right up to her car window. Not sure she felt comfortable just driving off with them so close. She was prepared to address their questions with a non committal answer. Good for her.

One thing is for sure sitting right there in court there is nothing much defense can say about her being there. They made their choice and they are stuck with it. She can now look Jodi in the eye and not have to worry about what Jodi is going to do. It's over for J5, she can go home after court. Jodi on the other hand goes back to her cell. jmo

Good morning amazing sleuthers!!!
I am sooo far behind in this trial and forum (darn issues of life keep getting in the way) and I will be the first to admit I am a total moron when it comes to law! The bits & pieces I have been able to watch/read have either bored me to death or frustrated the he!! out of me!
Please help me to understand why this charade is allowed to continue for entirely too long considering it is all based on 'hearsay' by the self-admitted liar!

Why oh why can't the interrogation tapes of her parents & herself be used as evidence?

And one other ? for the moment...Has it been verified by Skye that her letter to JA was a reverse psychology attempt to keep her away from TA? If so, since the defense brought the email in can Juan call Skye to the stand to testify as to her intentions?

I know I had asked similar questions the other night, but it was late and no one answered...maybe they are just too silly to answer, but like I said I do not understand the law and need help so that I may keep my usually 'too low' blood pressure from spiking as high as Mt Everest! ( I think this might be from trying to catch up by listening to the TH's at night ) :iamashamed:

ALV testified that she "taught" prosecutors how to examine expert witnesses. I think it's going to be a very stormy cross.

I'd be willing to wager JM didn't take her class and won't follow her "suggestions"-AT ALL! :floorlaugh:

She sure did. I know many here seem to love her, but IMO she is a hypocrite. :twocents:

The statement reads:

In the past few days I have been a part of discussion and interest in the murder trial case of Jodi Arias. For the past three months I have been fulfilling my duty as one of the jurors in the case of Jodi Arias. Jodi Arias' attorneys have filed a motion asking for a mistrial or that Juror 5 is removed from the jury, which led to my removal.

As a juror that has been removed from the jury, I would like to remind everyone that the murder trial case of Jodi Arias is still going on and that the time and money being invested in this trial are more relevant and important than my removal from the jury.

Until the verdict in murder trial case of Jodi Arias is reached I will not make any statements or give any interviews regarding my removal from the jury. I believe that the attention should be focused on the actual trial. I would ask from everyone to please respect my privacy and the privacy of my family.
Removed Juror # 5 in the murder trial case of Jodi Arias

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...cked-off-trial-issues-statement#ixzz2Pb7PSUhG

To avoid removal, I'll ask my question again. Is it even possible that an acquittal could take place when she's confessed to killing him?

Yes.

JA's most recent story is that she killed him in order to defend against an imminent threat to her own life.

Now she bears the burden of proof to make that case, while trying to plant reasonable doubts in the jurors' minds about her premeditation of the crime.

After all, if she planned Travis's murder before she arrived at his house; e.g., from California, days or weeks ahead of time, it can hardly be self-defense.

But, if the jury finds that her actions were justified in order to defend her own life from imminent threat then they will acquit her.

The Court's instructions to the jury will provide detailed parameters they will use to deliberate.

Did they say what time? I'm running out the door to work, so I'd like to record it... Thanks!

I want to say I remember seeing 1-4 but don't hold me to that, maybe someone else remembers the time they showed.

:dunno: You might just want to start recording from 11am just to be sure.

Yes absolutely. She was charged with Felony Murder, 1st Degree. They can find her Not Guilty should they believe her defense, her life was in imminent danger and she merely defended herself...a lot.

Is it probable? I would hope not. Possible, yes. It's also possible I will grow 5 more inches. Probably not, but...

I have been watching the very last (18 of 18) video of Jodi's interrogation, those posted to you tube by David Lohr. She is right handed and very freely writes with and uses her right hand. So what was with the left handed spectacle in court where she carefully picked up the cup and drank all the water using her left hand?

Does she or her attorneys believe the jury will acquit her or feel sorry for her because she is showing off a left crooked finger? This is the one she hurt while slaughtering Travis, the VICTIM. She disgusts me.

She sure did. I know many here seem to love her, but IMO she is a hypocrite. :twocents:

The statement reads:

In the past few days I have been a part of discussion and interest in the murder trial case of Jodi Arias. For the past three months I have been fulfilling my duty as one of the jurors in the case of Jodi Arias. Jodi Arias' attorneys have filed a motion asking for a mistrial or that Juror 5 is removed from the jury, which led to my removal.

As a juror that has been removed from the jury, I would like to remind everyone that the murder trial case of Jodi Arias is still going on and that the time and money being invested in this trial are more relevant and important than my removal from the jury.

Until the verdict in murder trial case of Jodi Arias is reached I will not make any statements or give any interviews regarding my removal from the jury. I believe that the attention should be focused on the actual trial. I would ask from everyone to please respect my privacy and the privacy of my family.
Removed Juror # 5 in the murder trial case of Jodi Arias

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...cked-off-trial-issues-statement#ixzz2Pb7PSUhG

Yeah, and then she shows up at the trial. Hmm, if privacy was an issue perhaps she could have watched the trial in the PRIVACY of her own home.

Just a thought.

And now I refuse to give the media attention <modsnip> type any more of what she wants, attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumner