Wendy Murphy

Honibugs said:
I would like to know how much worse this poor little 6-year old's body could be.
Honestly, I think it could have been a lot worse. I have seen pics of JBR's body and read the autopsy report. And I have seen pics of bodies after sexual sadists were through with them. In my opinion there's a world of difference.

Please don't misconstrue my opinion - I think what happened to this beautiful little girl is stomach-turning. But, had a true sexual sadist been behind this crime, I think we would have seen more trauma - more cuts, bruises, perhaps burns, more broken bones. Genuine sexual sadism results in unspeakable mutilations (either before or after death, but usually before) and, oftentimes, in the body being unrecognizable. This was simply not the case with JBR.

She's right, Honibugs. I've studied true crime for years, LONG before this case came along. Not even close.

Is ANYONE going to help me out with the prior molestation, or do I have to do it all myself?

SuperDave said:
She's right, Honibugs. I've studied true crime for years, LONG before this case came along. Not even close.

Is ANYONE going to help me out with the prior molestation, or do I have to do it all myself?
I'll back you up.

There is ample evidence (via the autopsy and several experts) in JBR's case that she had been sexually abused prior to the night she was murdered. Who might have chronically abused her? Could it have been someone close to her - a member of her own family.

Many people, myself included, believe that JBR's body was staged to look like she was murdered during a sex crime. But we know from the condition of her body that she was being abused BEFORE the night she was murdered. Was she murdered to cover up this abuse?

There is a lot of information on this site regarding this issue which explains it better than I do.

"There is ample evidence (via the autopsy and several experts) in JBR's case that she had been sexually abused prior to the night she was murdered. Who might have chronically abused her? Could it have been someone close to her - a member of her own family."

I've never been sure who it was, in case anyone gets upset with me. For all I know, it could have been her brother just fooling around. I know I got into that kind of trouble when I was a tot.

"Many people, myself included, believe that JBR's body was staged to look like she was murdered during a sex crime. But we know from the condition of her body that she was being abused BEFORE the night she was murdered. Was she murdered to cover up this abuse?"

Maybe, but the staging was almost certainly (in my mind) designed to cover it.

aspidistra said:
Edited to say: sorry this is on the wrong thread so I am moving it.

Ummmmmm...can anyone say disgusting opportunist? I knew that you could.

I agree, why doesn't LE want this stuff, & if they have copies, why is she being allowed to sell this stuff to any nutball out there....and she's selling it for $1500????

Folks, speaking about Wendy Murphy, and I should point out that this is NOTHING official that I know of, the Karr family rep has already contacted her! Catherine Crier nearly hit the ceiling! So did I!

Whoa, nelly!

Well, she said yesterday that it's not likely she will represent him. But, she did say that Woody called her after Paula Zahn.

(Wendy's imitation of him was hysterical! Sounded like Mama's Family!) "Wendy Murphy, this is Lin Wood. If you ever blame my client again," yada yada, "check my record." "Check your record? Kiss my you-know-what."

She said that nobody shuts her up, at least not that way, and that despite his best efforts, we still have free speech in this country, and that he's a bully.

He IS a bully! And she'll be damned (so will I) if she'll be intimidated by him!

She was GREAT! YAHOO!

Yes, I researched this a litle and found the exact reference is to PMPT, papareback, page 519, where Nedra was being interviewed for Geraldo and she said she didn't know that JBR had "been molested to some extent and hit on the head." Also, it sounds like this scene was translated in the movie and something similar was said by Nedra about hearing JBR had been a "little molested"

So, taken in context, it doesn't sound like Nedra's comment indicated any prior knowledge about chronic molestation.

Bump.

ETA: I forgot to credit otg for pointing out this series of posts that cite references and comments on Nedra Paugh's comment about JonBenet's molestation.

GRACE: To you, Wendy Murphy. And shortly joining us will be the private investigators that actually worked for the Ramseys on the JonBenet Ramsey case. Wendy Murphy, when you refer to the mountain of evidence suggesting there was not an intruder that killed JonBenet Ramsey, to what are you referring?

MURPHY: Well, first let me say it would take me a long time to go into all of it, Nancy. But you mentioned my book. I have an awful lot of stuff in there, more than one chapter with good, solid, based-in-fact information and evidence about the case that says nothing about an intruder.

Most important evidence -- this child -- and the autopsy confirms this. It`s publicly available. This child had chronic vaginal trauma. Her hymen was nearly gone. Only a tiny piece of it remained. She both acute, meaning fresh, and chronic, meaning old, vaginal injuries. That to me doesn`t sound like some bogeyman showed up on the night in question. She had epithelial erosion in her genital area. Erosion -- Nancy, what does erosion mean? Wearing away over time.

GRACE: Over time.

MURPHY: Over time. Now, unless this man, this mystery man, had ongoing intimate access to the child, it really doesn`t make me feel better about the case at all.

GRACE: And Wendy, what about that long ransom note apparently written, pages and pages of it -- written in the home, on Patsy Ramsey`s notepad with Patsy Ramsey`s pen, and a practice note? Whoever wrote the ransom note was not the least bit concerned of being discovered right there in the home!

MURPHY: That`s exactly right. Now, somebody might say, Well, that doesn`t prove it was a family member. Maybe so, but it sure doesn`t sound like a stranger, either, now, does it?

Now, here`s something I want to say to Mary Lacy. If you`re so confident that you have just pronounced the innocence of the Ramseys, then I hope you`ll be respectful of this child and the public`s right to know the truth and you will tomorrow release for public consumption all of the evidence that you gathered that implicated the Ramseys, that kept them under the umbrella of suspicion for so long.

For example, there were three search warrants conducted for child *advertiser censored* in the Ramsey home, on their computer, two homes, indeed. There was some material gathered. It is on file with the court. I don`t know what`s there. Please release it to the public so we can see. And how about the tests, if any, that were done on that pineapple?

Can I take a moment here to explain this, Nancy? Probably the most important forensic evidence, far more important than this DNA, this child had undigested pineapple in her belly, which means she ate it within two hours of death. She died sometime after midnight. Parents said they brought her home from a party sound asleep and put her to bed sleeping. But aha, there was a bowl of pineapple on the kitchen table, Patsy`s fingerprints on the bowl. Both parents said, I didn`t give it to her.

Now, mind you, I`m not so sure what`s bad about giving your child pineapple. French fries I understand. Pineapple, I don`t understand. But they were both adamant, I didn`t give it to her. We know that pineapple bowl was seized and tested, don`t we? At least, that`s what one would do if one found undigested pineapple in a dead child`s belly. So Mary Lacy, where are those test results? I think we have a right to know.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0807/09/ng.01.html

"There is ample evidence (via the autopsy and several experts) in JBR's case that she had been sexually abused prior to the night she was murdered. Who might have chronically abused her? Could it have been someone close to her - a member of her own family."

I've never been sure who it was, in case anyone gets upset with me. For all I know, it could have been her brother just fooling around. I know I got into that kind of trouble when I was a tot.

"Many people, myself included, believe that JBR's body was staged to look like she was murdered during a sex crime. But we know from the condition of her body that she was being abused BEFORE the night she was murdered. Was she murdered to cover up this abuse?"

Maybe, but the staging was almost certainly (in my mind) designed to cover it.

SuperDave,
ITA. In my BDI this is my assumption wrt the rationale behind the wine-cellar scenario.

So Wendy's theory is predicated upon the pineapple being laced with drugs?

I don't believe that at all. I don't think it was necessary for what the culprit was trying to achieve -- assuming it was sex related. Add in the toxicology reports came back negative and I think this theory is wrong. But this is just my personal assumption based upon my own incomplete assessment of what I think occurred. I mean, I don't know the nature of the sexual abuse -- that is for how long it was occuring and in what capacity. One thing that struck me that Wendy said was how certain drugs do induce Amnesia into the victim which ofcourse would be favourable to a family member wishing to minimise the possibility that the victim would blow the whistle on it.

Although, I do agree with her strangulation followed by the head-blow assumption although, I've been seriously challenging my views on that too.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramada.williams.gc@gmail.
Back