We're gonna need a bigger fly swat

here is another type that gives me the heebie geebies.

Earwigs - shudder. Just their names alone and then the butt pincher thing obn top of it. Makes me envision something that wants to crawl up into my ear canal and eat/pinch my brains

earwig.jpg

Haha - my DD will cheerfully pick up a huge huntsman spider bare-handed to put it outside, but screams like a banshee at sight of an earwig! She's hated them since she was very small. My own pet terror is the feral European wasps here - yellowjackets, I suppose, in the US. Hate them!!! Aggressive sods. See, we don't have brutal snowy winters here, so the blighters breed all year round. Farmers have lost cows when the cow fell into a giant ground-nest.
COWS have DIED! :panic:

Btw, yes, the spider with the bird is real. :) Those things are pretty awesome. I am a fan of the orb weaver spiders in my garden, I do what I can to leave their webs alone, unless they cover a doorway or the path to the washing line.. I have relocated more than a few. They're harmless and quite pretty, but walking into a man-sized web in the dark can be a bit scary.

tumblr_ml7f4pvd6p1qisg5ao1_1280.jpg

While we are discussing bugs and things that whig me out: Grubs are gross. If I had to be on one of those survival shows, I might die of starvation if all there is is grubs to eat. Seriously. I would try, but there is a real risk I would die trying to eat grass and berries.

Orb spiders are so cool. The funnel spiders we get in our garden and sometimes the house we try not to mess with. When in the house I try to relocate them outdoors. DD has one that took up residence and spun its tunnel down into a coin purse of hers that was sitting on the counter. She made me leave it there for two weeks til it moved elsewhere.

I was attacked by hornets once, only stung twice til I got in the house, but I have feared them ever since. A few years later a girl in my area died from overwhelming stings. In her front yard. Shudder.

I ran barefoot and wearing summer shorts, into a shed in which my grandpa had just finished nuking some really big paper wasp nests with a fiery torch. A bajilion angry wasps with their wings burned off. And I fell into the middle of them. Lots of stings, I don't remember much about it. But hey, I survived!!!

.....says Captain Obvious. :D

Anyway, I hate wasps. Except for the nice ones. I think there's nice ones. Maybe a few.

but yeah.... maybe not

View attachment 56237

While we are discussing bugs and things that whig me out: Grubs are gross. If I had to be on one of those survival shows, I might die of starvation if all there is is grubs to eat. Seriously. I would try, but there is a real risk I would die trying to eat grass and berries.

What teenie tiny hands you have.

[video=youtube;idVYTLVQKjo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idVYTLVQKjo[/video]

since my last contribution was so not cute despite appearances I thought we needed some cute bugs and why not cute bugs dancing while we are at it? But it is after all the bug thread so we gotta see them eating other bugs while they do it ;)

And here's some really pretty ones I have never seen before!

35166-300x200.jpg

35180-300x200.jpg

.. Kimster as a young 'un? :runaway: :saber:

nrjexnx

yta4aguj.jpg

She looks like the Queen of something !

Ausgirl's Unfortunate Outback Outhouse Adventures #2:

Q: What's worse than having a herd of these run across your naked butt?

House-Centipedes-Ten-Most-Dangerous-Insects_thumb.jpg

A: Having one of these chase that herd. Over your butt.

wolf-spider.jpg

dew-dragofly.jpg

dew covered dragonfly

^^^Now that ^^ is beautiful, really beautiful. Nature can get it right when it comes to making something beautiful. (And also when making something scary and creepy)!! :cat:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back