Were some of the Children from YFZ Warren Jeffs?

If he commits suicide, he won't go alone he will take his followers with him. Wasn't he too supposed to live with his followers until the
"end of days?" If he decides to commit suicide, he will give the order.

I don't know about his other attempts, but the fact that his (FLDS) doctor is in frequent attendence while he is allegedly suicidal
makes me nervous.

Prior to his trial last September, Warren Jeffs went on a starvation diet and lost a lot of weight. You can see it when he's brought into the courtroom in prison uniform. His arm were very thin. I also noted that the blue prison uniform was short sleeved and had a vee-neck, and there was no protective underwear worn.

If Jeffs were to commit suicide and take all his followers at the YFZ with him, thank goodness all those children are out of there!

I think Jeffs is a coward and he knows the system won't allow him to commit suicide by starvation. It's for attention and he knows it will get into the news and get back to his followers. It's his way of controlling his situation.

Jeffs then asks Naomi to destroy dictations he gave her, because "they are not of God." All of mine are to be destroyed, except the ones with revelations [that] are true because I was in the key position. . . . And that you need to be re-baptized and that you'll be given to Brother William [Jessop]. So will all the ladies.

By this statement Jeffs has reassigned his wives to William Jessop aka William Timpson who is now a spokesperson for the flds at yfz, and is bishop at YFZ. I wonder if when Jeffs recanted whether he recanted giving his wives away.

The wives of Joe, Dan, and Nephi Barlow were put into WJ's mix. I don't know any specifics. I know they are very unhappy.

I found this statement at a blog where former flds and others post on occasion. From what it says it's possible these men's wives were reassigned to Warren Jeffs.

FLDS: Warren Jeffs Makes FBI’s 10 Most Wanted List
CNN / Larry King Live May 8, 2006 Transcript

WARD JEFFS: He succeeded week after week and year after year in getting the minds of the people so attuned to perfect obedience that now he could make a move to begin to take over the mind of the prophet.
PETERSEN: He was choosing the brides for his father, so he could choose the most beautiful 14, 15-year-old wives.

PETERSEN: On his father’s passing he went in and married 34 of those girls of
his father’s and the ones that were a little older he passed them out among the boys.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/05/19/polygamist.retreat/?iref=mpstoryview
Two mothers who had children with Jeffs -- a boy and a 3-year-old girl -- were in court Monday. Both mothers were told that the children would stay in state custody as officials try to finish the family service plan.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5789935.html
One of the first cases to come up in court today involved the 6-year-old son of imprisoned FLDS prophet Warren Jeffs. The boy, who has a prosthetic leg from a birth defect, is being housed in Amarillo.
His mother, Sharon Barlow, appeared in court as her attorney, Donna Guion, complained to state District Judge Barbara Walther about the vagueness of the service plan and asked if there was any reason she cannot visit her son twice a week.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5iIdMpRHjN4hpNKBhfYyAsR4DDo4QD90OQ7IG0
A 6-year-old son of polygamist sect leader Warren Jeffs did not suffer physical or sexual abuse while living with his mother at the group's Texas ranch, a child welfare case worker testified Monday. The attorney for the boy's mother, Sharon Barlow, objected to the state plan for her to get the boy back, saying it wasn't clear enough. Barlow, 34, must take parenting classes, find a safe living environment and undergo a psychological evaluation, according to the plan. "This plan is so vague and so broad that my client has no idea what she can do now," attorney Donna Guion said.
State District Judge Barbara Walther agreed the plan should be more specific and asked Guion to provide ideas on how that might be done.Walther asked Barlow if she understood if her parental rights were subject to termination if she did not comply with the plan. Barlow softly replied "yes" but did not testify otherwise.

The boy is one of 10 in state custody believed to be the children of Jeffs, the sect's jailed leader and prophet.

http://origin.sltrib.com/ci_9310669
Children of Warren Jeffs:
Brenda Jessop, 37, appeared at a hearing for her sons Isaac and Raymond. Both boys, sons of Warren Jeffs, are staying at Cal Farley Boys Ranch in Amarillo but have been separated there. The judge declined to award more visitation to Brenda Jessop. Parents are generally being given one hour per week with each child; she is allotted two hours with her boys together at the ranch. Brenda Jessop, who had her first visit with Isaac on Friday, said it was "wonderful." "They were doing well considering the circumstances," she said. "Of course, we are very anxious to get them back united with me." Caseworkers said Warren Jeffs, in jail in Arizona awaiting trial on additional charges, has been mailed copies of the service plans for both children.

In hearings for two other children of the sect leader:
Sharon Barlow, the mother of 6-year-old Samuel, also sought additional visitation. Her son uses a prosthetic leg and is particularly close to his mother, said attorney John Caldwell, who represents the boy. Caseworkers said they would consider that request.

Shannon Johnson, the mother of 3-year-old Maria, appeared to support placing the girl with her own mother, who has left the FLDS. Janice Johnson said she left the sect and was living in Nevada, but had moved to San Angelo in the hopes of caring for her grandchild.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5793538.html
One of convicted FLDS leader Warren Jeffs' many wives, 34-year-old Monica Sue Jeffs, appeared in court in her effort to win back her five children, ages 3 to 11.

She told the judge that Jeffs was the biological father of all the children, something she apparently withheld from CPS until very recently. She said she had read the family service plan and understood it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/deborah-king/from-san-angelo-tx_b_102556.html
Six-year-old Samuel Jeffs was the subject of the first hearing I attended. It was being tried in the courtroom of State District Judge Barbara Walther. Little Samuel is the son of 34-year-old Sharon Barlow, a petite, almost childlike-looking woman, and sect leader Warren Jeffs, who is currently in jail.

And little Samuel, one of 10 children in state custody who are believed to be the children of Jeffs, has a birth defect that requires a prosthetic leg. Barlow only has this one child, possibly a result of the FLDS belief that birth defects (as well as all disease) indicate wrongdoing. Samuel is being fitted for a new prosthesis by the state of Texas, and set up with a course in physical therapy.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...uthwest/stories/052108dntexjeffs.33d2286.html
CPS spokeswoman Marleigh Meisner said the state has accommodated the children's desire to worship and to have three books important to their fundamentalist Mormon sect. Caseworkers have been instructed, though, to deny the children pictures of Mr. Jeffs or "notes regarding his teaching in their material," she said. Mr. Jeffs, who founded the Yearning for Zion ranch in Eldorado, is jailed in Arizona on charges related to arranging the marriages of underage girls to older men. Last fall, he was convicted of similar charges in Utah. We are concerned about his teachings," Ms. Meisner said. "We think his teachings are what led in part to the investigation that we are involved in at this time."

While some sect mothers' lawyers have insisted in court this week that Mr. Jeffs is the father of their children, who should be allowed to keep his photo, Ms. Meisner said his paternity hasn't been established. If it is, she said, "We will allow that biological child to have a picture."

While some sect mothers' lawyers have insisted in court this week that Mr. Jeffs is the father of their children, who should be allowed to keep his photo, Ms. Meisner said his paternity hasn't been established. If it is, she said, "We will allow that biological child to have a picture."

I love TX! And there will be DNA to prove it...or not.

I'm going to post this here, because it's likely the young girl was one of his "brides."
http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_9392810
"Its most damning piece of evidence: a photograph of polygamous sect leader Warren S. Jeffs giving a husbandly kiss to a 12-year-old girl in July 2006. The girl, who is Dan Jessop's sister, came to the courthouse on Tuesday, but was not called to testify because the hearing did not resume. Instead, attorneys reached their agreement outside the courtroom, and Walther only briefly held court to accept the deal. An attorney for the state entered two marriage documents as evidence - one related to the Jessops' marriage in 2003 and another to a ceremony on July 26, 2006. Attorney Andrea Sloan, who represents the girl in the photograph with Jeffs, successfully asked to seal the second because it is related to an underage minor.

Rumors had swirled over the weekend about the busloads of witnesses DFPS might have been planning to bring to Tuesday's hearing. "I heard from an ad litem there were as many as eight girls," Matassarin said. "Someone else heard there were more than that." She had filed a motion earlier Tuesday to postpone the hearing so she could discover more about new witnesses - but the issue became moot when attorneys instead went forward with out-of-court negotiations. State attorneys did bring a stack of documents about 4 inches thick, which Matassarin said she has not been able to review."

http://www.boomertowne.com/news-stocks-weather/newsarticle.aspx?articleId=410118
"The absence of the father caused some hesitation when it came to identifying him, although Judge Marilyn Aboussie insisted on it during a hearing for Jeffs' 3-year-old daughter, Maria, and her mother, Shannon Johnson. Who is the father in this matter?" Aboussie asked at the start of their hearing. May I ask why the court is inquiring?" Johnson's lawyer, Jacques De La Mota, piped up. "If he is the father, we would need to know." After pausing, De La Mota replied: "The father would be Warren Jeffs." "And he is a guest of the state of Utah," Aboussie said, referring to Jeffs being in prison. "He doesn't have an attorney present, but he is seeking counsel at this time," De La Mota said. CPS workers said they have mailed him family service plans to review."

"A court-ordered DNA sample has not been collected from Jeffs, even though samples are on file at both the Utah State Prison and the Mohave County Jail."

http://www.boomertowne.com/news-stocks-weather/newsarticle.aspx?articleId=410118
"The absence of the father caused some hesitation when it came to identifying him, although Judge Marilyn Aboussie insisted on it during a hearing for Jeffs' 3-year-old daughter, Maria, and her mother, Shannon Johnson. Who is the father in this matter?" Aboussie asked at the start of their hearing. May I ask why the court is inquiring?" Johnson's lawyer, Jacques De La Mota, piped up. "If he is the father, we would need to know." After pausing, De La Mota replied: "The father would be Warren Jeffs." "And he is a guest of the state of Utah," Aboussie said, referring to Jeffs being in prison. "He doesn't have an attorney present, but he is seeking counsel at this time," De La Mota said. CPS workers said they have mailed him family service plans to review."

"A court-ordered DNA sample has not been collected from Jeffs, even though samples are on file at both the Utah State Prison and the Mohave County Jail."

Good article. I knew when they entered the ranch and started removing the children that things there would be confusing. The numbers alone would make it confusing. When FLDS started lying about names and relationships that had to make things worse. Now the court is being hit with the confusion.

They are forcing the issue about the fathers being named, that is good to see.

I think it is funny that the FLDS defends their communal lifestyle, yet when it comes to court they are really making it a big issue that they must have 'individual' plans, 'individual' hearings, 'individual' everything. I guess the communal lifestyle isn't as satisfying as they let on.

Anybody know what is going on with Barbara Steed Jessop? She is refusing to sign the Family Service Plan for her son Sampson Jessop, 17 on the advice of her attorney. Evidently there is a criminal investigation?

SNIP
They are forcing the issue about the fathers being named, that is good to see.

I think it is funny that the FLDS defends their communal lifestyle, yet when it comes to court they are really making it a big issue that they must have 'individual' plans, 'individual' hearings, 'individual' everything. I guess the communal lifestyle isn't as satisfying as they let on.

Anybody know what is going on with Barbara Steed Jessop? She is refusing to sign the Family Service Plan for her son Sampson Jessop, 17 on the advice of her attorney. Evidently there is a criminal investigation?
Nothing so far, just that she won't sign one because of an investigation.

[I]Who is the father in this matter?" Aboussie asked at the start of their hearing. May I ask why the court is inquiring?" Johnson's lawyer, Jacques De La Mota, piped up. "[/I] Absolutely ludicrous! It's a custody hearing and this attorney is reluctant to have the court know that the father is WJ. Why? PFFT

http://www.sltrib.com/ci_9404992
"Legal debate shifted once again from the micro to the macro, from individual families to the communal ranch. Texas' argument is much easier to make when polygamist families are lumped into one crowd of pod people."

"And Louisa and Dan Jessop helped make the state's case."
"In the custody hearing for their newborn son, the new mother couldn't remember who lives in her house on the ranch. Even confronted with the photos, she said Jeffs, the leader of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, is "perfect" in her eyes. The father, one of the young bride's many brothers, argued one kiss does not equal sexual abuse. Outside court he suggested the photo had been doctored.

Edited to add: The photo says one year anniversary, anniversary of what? In their sect he wouldn't be kissing or touching her unless he was married to her, or unless he was molesting her with her father's permission...and her father is Merill Jessop. Her brother is suggesting the photo has been doctored. :rolleyes:

SNIP Anybody know what is going on with Barbara Steed Jessop? She is refusing to sign the Family Service Plan for her son Sampson Jessop, 17 on the advice of her attorney. Evidently there is a criminal investigation?
Apparently the article was referring to the overall criminal investigation. Her (and other lawyers) advised their clients not to sign the cps documents because they fear that those signatures on those documents can be used against their clients in the criminal case at a later date. In other words, if they signed the paper, they're stating that they were aware of abuse and that could be used against them.

Warren Jeffs and his cohorts may have thought he'd get out on appeal, or serve his five years and then be out and free. Apparently not, if he's convicted on the AZ charges and on any further charges regarding the four underage brides and anything else he gets charged with later. I think WJ is going to be spending much more time behind bars than he expected.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back