Wesley Hadsell Arrested 21-22 March 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad that little nugget stuck in my head (AJ was going to tell on him). Makes me want to go back and watch that jailhouse interview again; I think that's where he said it..? Anyway, it certainly feels better to my heart to not think it was something sexual (although given the chance, I wouldn't put it past him, either). Maybe he wanted to try to get on her good side, have her talk to Jen so he could come home (something of that nature?), and she wasn't having it. I still wonder what he did with the gun, but that's irrelevant now - thank goodness. I'm glad LE had the foresight to keep him in jail because Jen's life might have been in danger, too.

My thoughts on why have to do with AJ being the one that told on WH to her mom.... I think and JMO but I think because of what she found out and what she shared with her mom was the reason WH was losing everything.. His marriage his home... I also often wonder if AJ found out all of his drug stuff from her friends or friend of a friend that was either supplying it or buying with WH... Don't know why but I have felt ever since we learned about him doing drugs and kicked out of the house that this was the reason..

JMO

I think you may be on to something there. Pretty much everyone here has been puzzled as to the motive. I can't shake the feeling it all goes back to (possibly) whatever happened in February on those weekends AJ was home from school. Since WH can't seem to accept any personal responsibility for anything illegal he does ("sure, I robbed a bank, but it was a non-violent crime"), if he knew it was AJ that told JH something that caused her to make the decision to boot his creepy self to the curb, then in his mind it was AJ that was the problem, not him.

Possible motive, right there.

It sounds pretty basic and simplistic but I think it's one of the most plausible reasons I've heard and absolutely fits what we know of WH's personality traits and patterns. Defer blame, take zero accountability, redirect and deflect.

I can understand people thinking that maybe AJ was going to tell on him for something, but wasn't it reported that Jen kicked him out of the house for his increasing drug use which means she knew about it and it probably escalated to the point it was causing problems with her trying to hide his irrational behavior from the younger kids. Kids aren't stupid and they see more than adults think they do. If Jen already knew he was using, then how could AJ tell on him. Unless, it was for something bigger. Just my observation and opinion.

I had forgotten about the socks - girl, you are a good thinker. It could be any number of things or it could be nothing. Like dog hair, except those charges have been dismissed so no good there. Still, something to think about. Don't people vomit when they do too much coke or heroin? LE sure seemed adamant when they said she was in his room, her phone right next to him on the bed. I'm not trying to make a big deal out of something, just checking in and wanted to give you my thanks, too, while I'm on here.

Respectfully bold by me, do you have a link or time frame where LEO said this? I don't remember LEO saying this but I iirc WH said this in the JF interview March 21. Thanks

JMO, maybe the socks were with the shoes, but also this was prior to AJ being located. Hopefully they were able to get something off his shoes saying where he had been in them. Who else that had been in WH hotel room would have had reason to harm AJ? The way it reads more than one individual had been in the hotel room. JMHO

Documents: Authorities believed Hadsell abducted AJ
POSTED 7:45 AM, OCTOBER 8, 2015, BY BECCA MITCHELL, UPDATED AT 09:25PM, OCTOBER 8, 2015
We've known for a while federal agents found bullets -- last month he was charged with possession of ammunition as a felon. However, for the first time we're learning what else police found in his room that day.

"9 millimeter rounds, white socks, a game system, lap top, shoes paperwork and duct tape. No heroin is listed whatsoever," Korslund says.

Investigators also found suspected drug residue during a search. After formal analysis by the Virginia Division of Forensic Science, the substance was confirmed to be heroin. We still don't know where police discovered the heroin, only that they found it on the same day they searched Hadsell's hotel.

"I think this evidence applies to other individuals," Korslund says. "There was other individuals in this hotel room who may have had a motive to harm AJ who had a closer relationship than just her step dad. He`s one piece of the puzzle." http://wtkr.com/2015/10/08/wesley-hadsell-charged-with-possession-of-heroin/

JMO, maybe the socks were with the shoes, but also this was prior to AJ being located. Hopefully they were able to get something off his shoes saying where he had been in them. Who else that had been in WH hotel room would have had reason to harm AJ? The way it reads more than one individual had been in the hotel room. JMHO

POSTED 7:45 AM, OCTOBER 8, 2015, BY BECCA MITCHELL, UPDATED AT 09:25PM, OCTOBER 8, 2015

But that is from WH's Defense Attorney who is going to try everything possible IMO to try and defend WH as that is his job, so JMO that it's probably a fairly normal process of trying to place blame elsewhere and attempt to create doubt by making the statement that "there was other individuals in this hotel room who may have had a motive to harm AJ......" Also of note, at the end of that same statement, the lawyer also says "he's (WH) one piece of the puzzle."

But that is from WH's Defense Attorney who is going to try everything possible IMO to try and defend WH as that is his job, so JMO that it's probably a fairly normal process of trying to place blame elsewhere and attempt to create doubt by making the statement that "there was other individuals in this hotel room who may have had a motive to harm AJ......" Also of note, at the end of that same statement, the lawyer also says "he's (WH) one piece of the puzzle."
I agree. But the Pros also have to asked themselves the same questions they would anticipate the Def to come up with as to various evidence. So that when Def says *advertiser censored* the Pros can have best possible answers. This is just my opinion.

Also, it is from the Def attorney that we have gotten a little bit more info so, again just my opinion what he does say brings forth some info. NPD has not stated much publicly, I feel sure to protect the integrity of the case.

My point about sounding like more than one individual in the hotel room, I am just curious as to who all had been in that hotel room, to begin with. If WH was doing drugs (as the scales allegedly had residue and they found heroine but unsure where at) were there drug dealers/drug dealings going on in that room? Could AJ have seen something she shouldn't have. Just thinking out loud.

From testimony at the hearing that is in the Search Warrant Affidavit it also alludes to more than one individual. But we (public) don't know who ALL had been in that room, from Feb 24 until March 20.

6. On May 11,2015, A.B. testified in the General District Court of the City of Norfolk in
the matter of Commonwealth of Virginia v. Wesley Hadsetl, that, among other things, one
night he and another individual "went over to Wes's [HADSELL's] hotel room. He
[HADSELL] asked us to drop him off because he didn't have a car at the time. So we
dropped him off and he invited us over. Before we went and left, he said he had to grab a
bag. He said it was his bag of toys. He didn't want the cops to find out. We went back
to the room. He pulled out ammo. He said he had two guns, but he kept those in the bag,
put the ammo in the air vent."

Respectfully bold by me, do you have a link or time frame where LEO said this? I don't remember LEO saying this but I iirc WH said this in the JF interview March 21. Thanks

No link sorry, I was going by what Wes said in that interview; so JMO but I do think they accused him of what he had on his phone (him at the gun range with AJ) and possibly more if they had her phone records by March 20th. But I don't know that for sure, I guess I tried to pick what was bs and what had some truth in it, like AJ going to tell on him stuck out big time. Maybe she was going to tell her mom that he went from coke to heroin. Or he had guns. He knew she could send him to jail so he wanted her out of the way it seems to me and I could be wrong about everything. It's a sad thing if he thought doing this would keep him out of jail, or get him back with Jen, but I imagine drugs can warp what little brain you've got left especially if you're Wes.

Wesley Hadsell on upcoming court date: ‘I’m ready to fight’
POSTED 6:26 PM, AUGUST 13, 2015, BY MARISSA JASEK, UPDATED AT 07:56PM, AUGUST 13, 2015
But after all this time, he has not been charged with AJ's death -- something Hadsell's new attorney Eric Korslund says speaks for itself.

“I think if they had any evidence that he was involved in this they would`ve already charged him,” Korslund says. “All they need to charge him with murder is probable cause which is a very, very low burden.”

This statement was in Aug, after they had released the COD. Manner of Death "undetermined".

Maybe an attorney could weigh in, as to if they can charge him or anyone really with murder if the Manner of Death is undetermined?

It has been 8 months now since AJ went missing. Still very few answers have been released. Hopefully in the coming days. IIRC WH has his Plea Hearing on Friday Nov 6th.

No link sorry, I was going by what Wes said in that interview; so JMO but I do think they accused him of what he had on his phone (him at the gun range with AJ) and possibly more if they had her phone records by March 20th. But I don't know that for sure, I guess I tried to pick what was bs and what had some truth in it, like AJ going to tell on him stuck out big time. Maybe she was going to tell her mom that he went from coke to heroin. Or he had guns. He knew she could send him to jail so he wanted her out of the way it seems to me and I could be wrong about everything. It's a sad thing if he thought doing this would keep him out of jail, or get him back with Jen, but I imagine drugs can warp what little brain you've got left especially if you're Wes.

Thanks, I was thinking I missed that and it was very possible. I was looking lol. I have no doubt that they probably did say that to him, since they had him there and were searching his hotel room in the midst of his being questioned. Its hard to pick what is and what isnt bs in this whole mess. A lot of bs to go around for sure. Thanks again.

Maybe it was even that he came in the house that got AJ po'd....and she was going to tell on him for that? Was there a restraining order? He even said he was supposed to leave the keys in the mailbox, not go in the house. But suppose he did anyway, confronted AJ, and he knew then he was going to lose his home/marriage/girls/lifestyle because of HER cause she wasn't backing down, I guess like the final straw? I do think some bs had been going on back and forth for weeks prior unfortunately. So he took her to the hotel room and shot her up? Makes you wonder if he didn't have access to his gun by this time or would he have done it that way? Or he couldn't? I'm overthinking tonight. sorry....

Maybe he just abducted her because she was the next best thing to Jen, and he was trying to get back at Jen for kicking him out (even though there is a story that he left her). Maybe was thinking that he didn't want to leave his little girl without a mother and knowing he would in the end end up in jail that his daughter would end up without both parents.
He'd be required to pay child support for the little one.

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

I'm glad that little nugget stuck in my head (AJ was going to tell on him). Makes me want to go back and watch that jailhouse interview again; I think that's where he said it..? Anyway, it certainly feels better to my heart to not think it was something sexual (although given the chance, I wouldn't put it past him, either). Maybe he wanted to try to get on her good side, have her talk to Jen so he could come home (something of that nature?), and she wasn't having it. I still wonder what he did with the gun, but that's irrelevant now - thank goodness. I'm glad LE had the foresight to keep him in jail because Jen's life might have been in danger, too.
I mentioned upthread that WH would have to pay child support for the little one.
Maybe he was pissed that he'd have to pay for that responsibility. And then maybe in his warped head, he knew that since he legally adopted AJ, that he was financially/morally responsible for her as well.
Not sure exactly where I'm going with this train of thought: Could be a rabbit hole, but can anyone of you expound on my thought?

I mentioned upthread that WH would have to pay child support for the little one.
Maybe he was pissed that he'd have to pay for that responsibility. And then maybe in his warped head, he knew that since he legally adopted AJ, that he was financially/morally responsible for her as well.
Not sure exactly where I'm going with this train of thought: Could be a rabbit hole, but can anyone of you expound on my thought?

AJ had graduated High School and was over 18, so according to VA laws (and most) unless he was in arrears in an already ordered court order for child support, he would not be court ordered to pay for AJ financially.

TERMINATION OF SUPPORT- AGE OF MAJORITY

Last Updated: March 2015
five kids sitting togetherThe "age of majority" is the legal age established under state law at which an individual is no longer a minor and, as a young adult, has the right and responsibility to make certain legal choices that adults make. Thus, when people use the term age of majority, they are generally referring to when a young person reaches the age where one is considered to be an adult. In some states, child support stops when a child is 18 or graduates from high school, in others, it stops at 21. The majority of states use 18 as the age of majority (in cases where the youth is still in high school the age of majority may extend beyond 18). States may order support while a child is in college (For more information, visit Termination of Support- College Support Beyond the Age of Majority), or if the child is disabled (For more information, visit Termination of Support- Exception for Adult Children with Disabilities).
For 2012-2015 legislative action, check out NCSL's Child Support and Family Law Legislation Database under the "Guidelines" topic http://www.ncsl.org/research/human-services/termination-of-child-support-age-of-majority.aspx

Virginia
18 years of age. May continue until the child turns 19 or graduations from high school, whichever occurs first.
Va. Code §16.1-228; Va. Code § 20-60.3

5. Notice that, pursuant to § 20-124.2, support will continue to be paid for any child over the age of 18 who is (i) a full-time high school student, (ii) not self-supporting, and (iii) living in the home of the party seeking or receiving child support until such child reaches the age of 19 or graduates from high school, whichever occurs first, and that the court may also order that support be paid or continue to be paid for any child over the age of 18 who is (a) severely and permanently mentally or physically disabled, and such disability existed prior to the child reaching the age of 18 or the age of 19 if the child met the requirements of clauses (i), (ii), and (iii); (b) unable to live independently and support himself; and (c) residing in the home of the parent seeking or receiving child support; http://law.lis.virginia.gov/vacode/20-60.3/

"Adult" means a person 18 years of age or older. http://law.lis.virginia.gov/vacode/16.1-228/

I also found that an interesting comment from WH's attorney.

I'm also wondering if I am the only person here who thinks it likely that AJ went to WH's hotel room of her own accord? Everyone else seems completely sold on the abduction theory. I just don't see any evidence that points to her having been forcefully taken from the house. But then, I have no idea what forensics LE gathered from the house. I've never heard one word about that, just plenty about the hotel room.

I can understand people thinking that maybe AJ was going to tell on him for something, but wasn't it reported that Jen kicked him out of the house for his increasing drug use which means she knew about it and it probably escalated to the point it was causing problems with her trying to hide his irrational behavior from the younger kids. Kids aren't stupid and they see more than adults think they do. If Jen already knew he was using, then how could AJ tell on him. Unless, it was for something bigger. Just my observation and opinion.

Still catching up from yesterday but my thinking is, AJ may have been the one to discover WH was using, and told her mom. If that's the case, she may have even told WH that she was going to tell her mom. If WH knew that was going to tick JH off enough to kick him out, there's motive right there, for AJ ruining everything (because of course it was AJ's fault, if you're a jerk and think like WH).

I'm also wondering if I am the only person here who thinks it likely that AJ went to WH's hotel room of her own accord? Everyone else seems completely sold on the abduction theory. I just don't see any evidence that points to her having been forcefully taken from the house. But then, I have no idea what forensics LE gathered from the house. I've never heard one word about that, just plenty about the hotel room.
You are not the only one. And I think it will be verrrrry interesting when (if?) we find out who else went to his hotel room. JMO.

It's entirely possible she did go to his motel room willingly. But then someone would have had to drive the red truck back to JH's (assuming AJ became incapacitated at the motel) and then would have needed a ride themselves to get out of there.

You are not the only one. And I think it will be verrrrry interesting when (if?) we find out who else went to his hotel room. JMO.

There is no doubt in my mind, there were others (several) that had visited WH at his motel. And on more than one occasion. It doesn't really take a rocket scientist to figure it out: WH was doing drugs (at least coke, possibly heroin as well) and had visitors at his motel. Were they there for the lovely souffle he was making in his motel microwave? Stimulating intellectual conversation? Helping him count bullets? Drawn in by WH's charming and alluring personality and simply couldn't stay away?

:thinking:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members