West Wind Farm and Spicher's whereabouts on June 4

Trying to get a closer shot on Google Earth. It says the image was taken June 2008. I can't seem to find the pool. Maybe it was put in after this was shot?? Seems like the pool photos have 3 buildings in them with the pool in between. Can anyone help figure out where it might be on the Google Earth image? Also, I thought perhaps the vegetable garden would be next to the greenhouse. Feel free to disect where I think things are located. It's also hard to tell what things are uphill and which are downhill from each other.

975399574_9QYat-L.jpg

Don't know if anyone's mentioned it yet, but DD's tweet her first day at WW called her work an "edible gardening internship," so I suspect she was assigned to cultivate something edible and not wandering out near the forest.

Just for reference:

Edible Landscaping with Charlie Nardozzi - Ideas for growing an abundance of vegetables, herbs, fruits, and edible flowers!

http://www.garden.org/ediblelandscaping/

Thought, and MOO.

That property is very large, and could easily hide a dead body. After looking at the pictures, my first thought was:

Could DDS have dug a grave before that date without anyone noticing? Then TH killed KH and they placed him in the grave and covered him up? If DDS is so good at gardening, I think she could have pulled this off within the few hours she was missing. In short, she was on the property with TH.

How well did LE search this property. Did they use cadavar dogs? Are there cameras on the property showing coming and goings?

When I thought of DDS gardening, somehow I pictured a residential place - nothing like this huge farm! Kyron could be anywhere -- maybe he's there.

It's an awful thought, and my apologies to those who think he's still alive. Personally, I do not.

Again, JMO

Mel

ETA: With all the surrounding trees in the very back/far right -- it would be a plausible place to hide a body :(

Don't know if anyone's mentioned it yet, but DD's tweet her first day at WW called her work an "edible gardening internship," so I suspect she was assigned to cultivate something edible and not wandering out near the forest.

True - very true. But we still can't account for those missing _____ hours? My question is how does she get in and out of the property without anyone noticing she is gone for an extended period of time. Especially if she parked near the edible gardening area. Did she come back in the truck with TH, baby K, and a deceased Kyron? I'll need some time to digest my own post....

MOO

Mel

True - very true. But we still can't account for those missing _____ hours? My question is how does she get in and out of the property without anyone noticing she is gone for an extended period of time. Especially if she parked near the edible gardening area. Did she come back in the truck with TH, baby K, and a deceased Kyron? I'll need some time to digest my own post....

MOO

Mel

Oh, I agree. The fact that she was doing "edible gardening" means she was likely assigned to a smallish and well-groomed area. To me, this suggests that, if she indeed "never left the property," she must at least have left her assigned area during those hours if the other workers could not find her.

Oh, I agree. The fact that she was doing "edible gardening" means she was likely assigned to a smallish and well-groomed area. To me, this suggests that, if she indeed "never left the property," she must at least have left her assigned area during those hours if the other workers could not find her.

Thanks, AZ. Would it be plausible to think that DD walked out of the area and met TH at the truck, then drove in, or DDS even met TH at the burial site? After all, it wouldn't be suspicious to see a truck on a working farm. Once Kyron was hidden/buried, DDS walks back to her working area, and TH exits the property.

There would have to be a great deal of pre-meditation if this were the case -- and I hope it is not.

Thanks for letting me think out loud.

MOO

Mel

I believe this is the job DeDe was working on at WW, based on the Twitter activity between DeDe and the person who offered this apprenticeship:

http://www.gardenertofarmer.net/2010/04/edible-gardening-apprenticeship-portland-metro.html

Thanks for the info. So - if interns have to commit to 5 hours per week, and Kyron went missing on a Friday -- I wonder how many hours DDS worked that week? If folks were looking for her -- possibly none -- and she was doing a 5 hour stint that day?

That sounds like a terribly worded math question doesn't it ;)

Ahhh...just more questions to ponder.

MOO

Oh, I agree. The fact that she was doing "edible gardening" means she was likely assigned to a smallish and well-groomed area. To me, this suggests that, if she indeed never left the property," " she must at least have left her assigned area during those hours if the other workers could not find her.

BBM

Kind of reminds me when KC told Lee - "I feel she's close to home".

Poor Kyron. Over 2 months now - sad to say, not looking good.

My heart goes out to Desiree and Kaine.

"Karen Gjerning, Spicher's friend, told CBS News, "She didn't have her phone with her. When she got back she looked and realized she had a text and didn't answer, but she was never missing." http://www.kaj18.com/news/kyron-horman-s-stepmom-s-pal-she-did-no-wrong/

"Got back" from where, I wonder, if she never left the property? :waitasec:

Or did her friend mean she didn't bring her phone with her AT ALL that day and only realized she had missed the text when she got back HOME??

Or did her friend mean she didn't bring her phone with her AT ALL that day and only realized she had missed the text when she got back HOME??

This is it, the more we hear the more confusing it is lol. Don't reporters ask follow-up questions anymore for clarification purposes? :doh:

Thanks for the info. So - if interns have to commit to 5 hours per week, and Kyron went missing on a Friday -- I wonder how many hours DDS worked that week? If folks were looking for her -- possibly none -- and she was doing a 5 hour stint that day?

That sounds like a terribly worded math question doesn't it ;)

Ahhh...just more questions to ponder.

MOO

If I had the opportunity to learn how to grow organic edible flowers and herbs and veggies at a such a gorgeous place, and spend only 5 hours a week doing it, it's hard for me to imagine taking time away from that to murder a child or bury a murdered child.

There's something about the extreme contrast there that I just can't seem to reconcile.

The people I know who are into gardening and organics and things along those lines are such kind and gentle souls, with great respect for life and nature and others. I'm trying to envision one of them murdering a child or burying a murdered child. Or even kidnapping a child. Handing them off to 'stash'. It's such a contrast. It just doesn't feel right. I'm having a hard time getting the story to work.

BBM

This is what I thought it meant, but the way everything is being reported, anything can mean anything at all or nothing at all. Sigh. :banghead:

Or to her car.

If I had the opportunity to learn how to grow organic edible flowers and herbs and veggies at a such a gorgeous place, and spend only 5 hours a week doing it, it's hard for me to imagine taking time away from that to murder a child or bury a murdered child.

There's something about the extreme contrast there that I just can't seem to reconcile.

The people I know who are into gardening and organics and things along those lines are such kind and gentle souls, with great respect for life and nature and others. I'm trying to envision one of them murdering a child or burying a murdered child. Or even kidnapping a child. Handing them off to 'stash'. It's such a contrast. It just doesn't feel right. I'm having a hard time getting the story to work.

Let me make the case for why it's possible.

It doesn't feel right because most gardeners are "down to earth" and rational, but crime isn't rational, so we have to think outside the box.

And hiding someone in a garden is almost a cliche - the guy does it in the movie "Rear Window" with Jimmy Stewart watching him, and plenty of people have buried bodies in real life whether they call themselves gardeners or not.

Maybe TH or DeDe (and whoever else) thought a garden would be a nice place to spend eternity - hardly a new idea. Many graveyards are well-landscaped, so it's not a stretch for me to see a comparison.

But she also keeps telling people what a good friend Terri was and how she dropped everything to go and live with her for ten days.

That would be ten days away from the fabulous garden and wonderful edible plants she loves so much. We can't just look at her love for gardening. We have to look at her behavior.

The ex-boyfriend now is saying she would do anything for Terri as a friend in spite of her obsession with gardening.

I think that it is simple - people over gardening, friendship over gardening, shared secrets over gardening any day. And she never thought she would get caught or that the police would make such a big deal. She thought the excuse about "didn't have my phone with me" would be enough. Yet LE and the rest of us are still talking about it. JMO

Thought, and MOO.

That property is very large, and could easily hide a dead body. After looking at the pictures, my first thought was:

Could DDS have dug a grave before that date without anyone noticing? Then TH killed KH and they placed him in the grave and covered him up? If DDS is so good at gardening, I think she could have pulled this off within the few hours she was missing. In short, she was on the property with TH.

(edited for space)
Again, JMO
Mel

ETA: With all the surrounding trees in the very back/far right -- it would be a plausible place to hide a body :(

This kind of creeps me out:

DeDe Spicher's Profile on a Shared Garden Website:

http://hyperlocavore.ning.com/profile/DeDeSpicher?xg_source=activity

Gardening Experience
a few seasons
Skills and Tools I can share:
time, ambition, joy, a shovel :)

Gardening Philosophy and Preferred Methods:
I'm more passionate about growing things I can eat, so organic/natural methods are the only way to go for me. My gardening interests are all over the board and I LOVE learning, even if only from experience.

Let me make the case for why it's possible.

It doesn't feel right because most gardeners are "down to earth" and rational, but crime isn't rational, so we have to think outside the box.

And hiding someone in a garden is almost a cliche - the guy does it in the movie "Rear Window" with Jimmy Stewart watching him, and plenty of people have buried bodies in real life whether they call themselves gardeners or not.

Maybe TH or DeDe (and whoever else) thought a garden would be a nice place to spend eternity - hardly a new idea. Many graveyards are well-landscaped, so it's not a stretch for me to see a comparison.

But she also keeps telling people what a good friend Terri was and how she dropped everything to go and live with her for ten days.

That would be ten days away from the fabulous garden and wonderful edible plants she loves so much. We can't just look at her love for gardening. We have to look at her behavior.

The ex-boyfriend now is saying she would do anything for Terri as a friend in spite of her obsession with gardening.

I think that it is simple - people over gardening, friendship over gardening, shared secrets over gardening any day. And she never thought she would get caught or that the police would make such a big deal. She thought the excuse about "didn't have my phone with me" would be enough. Yet LE and the rest of us are still talking about it. JMO

I appreciate your thoughts, thoughtfox, but if I have to stretch and embellish and fabricate to make it work, well, it just doesn't work for me. It's just the way I'm wired. I can extrapolate something that's commonplace, or make a reasonable assumption, but if I find I have to add too much and twist too much and bang that square peg too hard, it just doesn't work for me.

I need a simple, plausible storyline if you will, and some confirmation of facts from LE sure helps(!), and then I'm good to go.

I haven't been able to come up with that simple storyline on this one that works for me.

I appreciate your thoughts, thoughtfox, but if I have to stretch and embellish and fabricate to make it work, well, it just doesn't work for me. It's just the way I'm wired. I can extrapolate something that's commonplace, or make a reasonable assumption, but if I find I have to add too much and twist too much and bang that square peg too hard, it just doesn't work for me.

I need a simple, plausible storyline if you will, and some confirmation of facts from LE sure helps(!), and then I'm good to go.

I haven't been able to come up with that simple storyline on this one that works for me.

That's cuz you're a wonderful, analytical, fantastic person who could never think of such a thing. Some people are just wired differently -- like I think DDS is.

I personally think the farm should be looked at very closely!

MOO

Mel

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea