What are your thoughts on this?

BirdieBoo said:
Well, we all know things are different now, but I seem to remember Jodie Foster's coppertone ad in which she was nearly naked and a dog was pulling her panties down. That was the start of her career.

Brooke Shields was also naked in the media at a young age.
Yeah...remember the young Brooke saying in a sexy voice..."Nothing comes between me and my Calvins...nothing" which suggested that she wasn't wearing any panties under ther jeans. And the sales of Calvin's broke jean selling records.

I don't go to the beach during peak season so I don't see a lot of other folks, but I'd say most of the kids I see are wearing "mini adult type" suits. I ahve a friend with a first grader this year and for years she's ranted about what parents let their young kids wear (Brittany Spears and the like type clothing) but when she actually went to the stores to shop, that's the majority of what they're selling especially in the upper scale dept stores. Not everything is "sexy", but you really have to hunt if you want your little girl to dress like a little girl.

IdahoMom said:
I have been told that there is a large segment of pedo population that loves pictures of boys' bare feet. I know a lady in California that has done a ton of research on that.... a couple of years ago, if you googled "boy's feet", you got all kinds of sicko stuff...:hand:
Wow! Nothing surprises me anymore, though. But that's the thing - should we get angry at parents who allow barefooted pictures of their boys to get out into the public? Even though we know there's a pedo market for this type of thing. I don't think so.

Malapoo said:
I don't go to the beach during peak season so I don't see a lot of other folks, but I'd say most of the kids I see are wearing "mini adult type" suits. I ahve a friend with a first grader this year and for years she's ranted about what parents let their young kids wear (Brittany Spears and the like type clothing) but when she actually went to the stores to shop, that's the majority of what they're selling especially in the upper scale dept stores. Not everything is "sexy", but you really have to hunt if you want your little girl to dress like a little girl.
Parents of girls have been complaining about this forever. I could and did wear bikinis as a young girl (5-10). I wasn't allowed to wear a black bathing suit from the time I developed until I was an adult (out of the house and at college). Black was what my parents felt "crossed the line," though I still chuckle at this limit. My 15-year-old best friend and her Mom had a summer long battle over a Lily Pullitzer bikini.

And so it goes.

kahskye said:
My goodness! Those pictures are bait for pedo's! What message is Cindy sending to her dd? What seems cute to Cindy now won't be when her darling daughter dresses inappropriately in her teens. Clueless Cindy will wonder what made her daughter so promiscuous.

Yes, they are a pedo's dream pictures. I hope Clueless Cindy gets her act together before her daughter reaches her teenage years...because I fear what you said will happen.

I did just hear that they've pulled those pics from the webiste.

Malapoo said:

My daughter is 21 and even back then I really had to hunt for "little girl" clothing instead of the tarty stuff that was everywhere.

luvbeaches said:
Yes, they are a pedo's dream pictures. I hope Clueless Cindy gets her act together before her daughter reaches her teenage years...because I fear what you said will happen.

I did just hear that they've pulled those pics from the webiste.

It's funny (and sad) how our perspectives have changed thanks to the news about the web. I was visiting the grandchildren a couple of weeks ago and my daughter showed me some pictures a professional photog had taken of them.

In one, my 6-year-old grandson is leaning against a tree with his shirt off. The way the picture is cropped, it isn't obvious that he was wearing pants at the time. I suppose it was just a sweet picture of a little boy, but I gasped out loud. My thoughts were exactly yours here: a pedo's dream.

Nova said:
It's funny (and sad) how our perspectives have changed thanks to the news about the web. I was visiting the grandchildren a couple of weeks ago and my daughter showed me some pictures a professional photog had taken of them.

In one, my 6-year-old grandson is leaning against a tree with his shirt off. The way the picture is cropped, it isn't obvious that he was wearing pants at the time. I suppose it was just a sweet picture of a little boy, but I gasped out loud. My thoughts were exactly yours here: a pedo's dream.

It's funny how we think about these things these days. I have pics of my kids naked (on their tummy) when they were little tiny babies...and they gasped at the pictures when I showed them to them recently.

I feel like we are being robbed in a way. There's nothing wrong with the picture you describe...he's a boy and I have pic's of my boys without shirts, but I do see why you gasped. We've seen so much being reported about perverts and the children that they target...that our minds are conditioned to react that way.

We only have one daughter and I'm telling you, if we could have locked her up in a convent somewhere, hubby would have been happy. lol Anyway, one time when she was about two, I came home with this swimsuit. It was a one-piece, but it was slit down the sides and the sides were tied together with bows. At the most, there was a tiny sliver of skin visable between the bows...you really had to look. He had a fit! I'm glad to say she was always a modest dresser...and still is. But we do laugh about that...now anyway. At the time I thought he'd lost his mind...and I couldn't even imagine how he'd react when a BOY showed up to pick her up for a date (when she was older). But he handled it quite easily. Her brothers terrorized the poor lads who walked through our front door!

I envy you having grandchildren. But I know my day will come...eventually. :)

Floh said:
It's the look on her face; the way her shorts are falling off her (non-existent at her age) hips; the (fake, i hope) tattoo.

i don't like the string bikini (don't care if it is an advertising campaign) and i especially don't like how the photo of the girls' hugging would be what a paedophile would think of as an invitation to party with the pair of them.

for a family album, a different perspective. out there in public? a big fat NO! :banghead:

my cousin put his young (7) daughter's pictures up on the internet (such a pretty, pretty girl, we, as a family are so proud of her, but we (the family) kicked his head in for making access for just anyone to see! we still talk about it! even my 74 year old cousin talks about it cos she's not an idiot!

he, on the other hand, although deservedly proud of his daughter, is sooo naive.

Edited to add: I hope Cindy Crawford and her husband are castigated in the press for doing this to beat some sense into them! :banghead:
Hi Floh, we are in total agreement.i am damn sick to death of seeing little girls sexualized in the media.This is foul.I never thought Crawford had a brain in the first place these photos prove it. That top photo is just a pedophiles dream. No it is just disgusting.

luvbeaches said:
I one time when she was about two, I came home with this swimsuit. It was a one-piece, but it was slit down the sides and the sides were tied together with bows. At the most, there was a tiny sliver of skin visable between the bows...you really had to look. He had a fit! I envy you having grandchildren. But I know my day will come...eventually. :)
Your post made me smile and reminded me of a similar thing that happened with my ex husband. I bought my daughter aged then about 5 a blue swim suit that was baclkess to just below the shoulders. It then had a big pink bow where the material started. While I filled the paddling pool I sent him upstaits to get her changed into her new cozzie. i then heard him curse etc and could make out some mumbled complaining from him. I came in and nearly wet myself with laughter - literally. he had the cossie on back to front so the whole of her front was exposedto her belly button which of course had the big pink bow positioned humourously on it.It was like one of those wrestling suits. Well, the abuse I got - no daughter of his was going out like that - didnt I know there were weirdos about etc? I couldnt defend myself for a good ten minutes when I then explained HIS error and served him a portion of humble pie.I smile evrey time I see the photo of that costume (right way round of course)

missacorah said:
Your post made me smile and reminded me of a similar thing that happened with my ex husband. I bought my daughter aged then about 5 a blue swim suit that was baclkess to just below the shoulders. It then had a big pink bow where the material started. While I filled the paddling pool I sent him upstaits to get her changed into her new cozzie. i then heard him curse etc and could make out some mumbled complaining from him. I came in and nearly wet myself with laughter - literally. he had the cossie on back to front so the whole of her front was exposedto her belly button which of course had the big pink bow positioned humourously on it.It was like one of those wrestling suits. Well, the abuse I got - no daughter of his was going out like that - didnt I know there were weirdos about etc? I couldnt defend myself for a good ten minutes when I then explained HIS error and served him a portion of humble pie.I smile evrey time I see the photo of that costume (right way round of course)

LOL! So cute.

Reminds me of the time I tried on a pair of pants and told the salesgirl, "They fit really nicely everywhere except the stomach - they are bagging out and I normally don't have that issue." She politely informed me that they zipped up the back, and the extra fabric was room for my rear end. I had never worn pants like that before. Who knew???

Sorry to get off track. Back to Cindy.

Cindy's daughter's 'Lolita' pictures pulled!

Trendy Melissa Odabash beachwear - which has outfitted celebs such as Britney Spears, Uma Thurman and Pamela Anderson - yesterday announced it will pull pics of Kaya from its Web site.

One shows the 5-year-old daughter of Crawford and nightclub owner Rande Gerber posing topless, peeking over her left shoulder at the camera, with white shorts with a lower-back tattoo. Others show her in a string bikini.

"We've gotten calls from all over the place - from 'Access Hollywood,' all over the place," corporate flack Roberta Correia told Lowdown.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/gossip/story/454677p-382649c.html

Good. the message from people who think it wrong has hit home!

missacorah said:

That's good. I guess it didn't even occur to him that he had it on backwards!!! Men...that sounds like something my hubby would do.

You know, I'd give about anything to go back in time and have just one day with my kids (when they were all little). At the time I couldn't wait for them to grow up...but now, I really miss those days!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back