What do you make of Terri never speaking to the media?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I admit, I have not followed this case anywhere near as closely as most of you have. Therefore, I have not made any decision on what may have happened to this precious child. But I have looked through some older posts, and thought this video was telling.

This child interviewed states he saw Kyron's stepmom, Terri, leave school that day, WITHOUT Kyron. He has been told by LE NOT to talk to the media. His mom decided he should tell the media what he knew.

I don't know what this means, but,...................

FWIW,
fran

PS...............maybe TH should talk to the media.........

This is one of the reasons I really felt that there was a chance that SM was not involved. Now I just do not know. All I want is to know what happened to Kyron and have him found, hopefully alive!

All of this does look very damning for SM. I think it was ****ty of her husband to blind side her like that and remove her daughter (unless he has been shown proof she was involved). IF she really is not involved she sure is going through hell on earth.

IF SM was involved it sure didn't work out the way she had hoped but, does it ever??? It looks to me like she has lost everything dear and near to her. I would have absolutely no problem w/ that if I knew for sure she was involved. In that case, I would have no sympathy what-so-ever! I hesitate to point fingers at parents because many have been falsely accused in the past. I think she has enough pointed at her w/out mine.

It would be very nice to have more details of the family circumstances prior to Kyron's disappearance. I believe that knowledge would really tell us a lot! Was she really as involved in Kyron's life and activities as we have been led to believe? Were SM and KH having marital problems of any kind prior? Things like this could tell us a lot.

As to SM retaining an attorney, we have to remember that she is a stay at home mom. I don't know if Kaine has taken all of the money out or frozen her accounts. I think that is a huge possibility. We don't know if her parents are in any financial shape to help her either. You would think, with so many ambulance chasers disguised by the "law profession" someone would be beating her door down. Does she simply feel that she doesn't need representation? Whether or not she is involved w/ Kyron's disappearance, she definitely needs counsel now for the divorce and RO. I really don't think she has very good friends that are actually trying to help her. It feels more like they are seeking their 15 minutes of fame by saying what they believe people want to hear. Of course, all we can do is speculate at this point.

I would love to hear "her side" of what happened the morning of June 4th; but, if she is innocent the press will fry her. She is already having every tiny action / reaction analyzed beyond belief.

I think that there is a chance they told her not to talk, to be quiet and at the same time they gave her no media attention which maybe she was craving. Maybe she wants to talk and Kaine and LE told her not to in hopes of making her crack... from lack of attention.

Oh boy. I am so seeing shades of the Anthony case here. I don't think Terri talking will benefit her at all. Everytime she's said anything so far (herself and through her friends), all it has done is make her look worse. The last thing she needs is extended time in front of the media that will be nitpicked to death and only make her look more guilty. Look what it's done to the Anthony parents after two years - no one believes a word they say, and there's nothing they can do to rescue their reputation at this point.

Don't be like them, Terri. Be smart and protect yourself. Get a dang lawyer instead of opening your mouth. "Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law." Talking now will only hurt you more.

It's ironic because I want more information about this case, but seriously, it shouldn't come from her. And sadly, if she does decide to talk, I'll be listening. *sigh*

A CHECKLIST OF PSYCHOPATHY INDICATORS

You are talking about self-handicapping (deciding to open one's mouth without consulting someone wiser like your attorney).

Self-handicapping is the belief that you're so truly smart, that you don't need any expert to help you or you don’t need to exert any effort to prove your "case". If anyone judges their statements afterwards, they can always say "I wasn't even trying" or I didn’t have an attorney/PR rep/media consultant to advise me.

http://www.apsu.edu/oconnort/crim/crimtheory07.htm

TM received a copy of the RO, so she would know WHY she can't see her daughter. Wonder if she showed her parents or friends what the content is. It will be interesting to see if she does a media tour or if she is just blowing smoke because she know her goose is cooked. I wonder if her girlfriends are still hanging around? Hmm, if they are it's probably cause they are seeing $$$$ signs of the books they could write or the talk show circuit they could go on telling all about "I was with TM before and after her arrest.

I would LOVE to know what the reason is. With that said, Terri would be completely stupid to share this information w/ her family or friends. We have already seen the damage from her "friends" and her father speaking out. With friends like that she sure doesn't need any enemies!!!

You are talking about self-handicapping (deciding to open one's mouth without consulting someone wiser like your attorney).

Self-handicapping is the belief that you're so truly smart, that you don't need to expert to help you or you don’t need to exert any effort to prove your "case". If anyone judges their statements afterwards, they can always say "I wasn't even trying" or I didn’t have an attorney/PR rep/media consultant to advise me.

Or "It's all a big massive conspiracy by LE to frame her." Or, "It was all a setup by LE." Or it's just one big massive honking conspiracy by the whole world to destroy the mother of the year. Or more lies and "mistruths" and "halftruths", the story just keeps changing, an answer for every dang question.

Wow was that OT. Sorry, I 've heard phrases like these one way too much in one case every single time there is something bad said or that comes out about a particular defendant. ARGH!

With this case growing quickly into a massive high profile case, I can't imagine that her phone hasn't been ringing off the hook with offers of criminal defense representation.

Hmm, Mylou, but your post about her needing someone she can trust made me think of someone in particular who would perk up at hearing that.

*waiting for Leonard Padilla and his crew to help her to talk* Surely she can trust one of them! Isn't he from California? Oregon is a lot closer than Florida...

BITE YOUR TONGUE!! That is the absolute LAST thing any of them need!! I really hope that Kaine has a really good reason for filing for divorce and RO at this point because, if Terri was truly not involved Kaine has done exactly what they have repeatedly said they were trying to avoid ... Taking the focus off of Kyron!

With all the high profile cases we've seen, I can't believe she doesn't have a lawyer to advise her.

If she gives an interview, what will it prove? Scott Peterson did interviews too.

With all the high profile cases we've seen, I can't believe she doesn't have a lawyer to advise her.

If she gives an interview, what will it prove? Scott Peterson did interviews too.
Ted Bundy gave LOTS of interviews.

If LE had enough evidence to show KM that his wife was involved with the dissapearance of his son, then I don't blame KH one minute for filing for divorce. It would make me sick to my stomach to be married to someone who harmed my child. { I still think TH was that diabolical to have planed this for months and maybe even had trial runs in the past year.}

Padilla probably won't show up till she is arrested since she doesn't need a car and probably already has a computer.

I admit, I have not followed this case anywhere near as closely as most of you have. Therefore, I have not made any decision on what may have happened to this precious child. But I have looked through some older posts, and thought this video was telling.

This child interviewed states he saw Kyron's stepmom, Terri, leave school that day, WITHOUT Kyron. He has been told by LE NOT to talk to the media. His mom decided he should tell the media what he knew.

I don't know what this means, but,...................

FWIW,
fran

PS...............maybe TH should talk to the media.........

Sorry about reposting the linked video. :) Thanks grandmaj

Not sure I can post this here but IMO It would not have been hard for TM to get Kyron out of the school without actually being seen leaving with him. If it was premeditated and her having knowledge of the school and the way it is run. She could have easily set up the appointment situation(misunderstanding) told Kyron that she would be dropping him back off after the "appointment", So go drop you stuff in the class OR see one more Science fare project and meet me at the car in 5 minutes. If she was parked around the side or back near maybe no one would have noticed him leave. Just saying she did not have to have leave holding his hand. It could have been done a number of ways. I really don't want to think it could be a stepmom. I mean look at that face. I do think that Kaine Knows more than all of us. To me that says the most. :(

has anyone noticed that not one word has been taped of TM in the media? Not one. And she was the last to see Kyron before he "vanished".

Not one word.

I will be surprised if she utters one now.

http://www.koinlocal6.com/default.aspx

Interesting a friend is saying TH has followed the advice her of her husband to stay quiet.....and that she may now talk to the media.

Please Terri, if you have information, get an attorney and come forward to LE with what you know. Forget your husband (ex-hus.), the media, etc., and just tell whatever you know about Kyron. He needs your help. Don't be afraid. As long as you tell the truth, you will be OK. There are so many here who care for Kyron and for anyone who is on his side. People are praying night and day for this little one. If you are innocent, no one here will stand by and let you fall. Be strong.

Self-handicapping is the belief that you're so truly smart, that you don't need any expert to help you or you don’t need to exert any effort to prove your "case". If anyone judges their statements afterwards, they can always say "I wasn't even trying" or I didn’t have an attorney/PR rep/media consultant to advise me.

OMG. By this definition, I have dated quite a few psychopaths.

Another reason why Terri should keep her mouth shut...

Mark Cogan, who represented Carl and Raylene Worthington when the couple was accused of child mistreatment and manslaughter charges when they decided to pray for their sick daughter instead of take her to a doctor, warned the public of rushing to judgment.

“Nobody has been formally charged,” Cogan said. “There’s all sorts of speculation innuendo rumor suspicion out there on the internet and public opinion and on television but at this point no formal charges have been lodged and I would just caution people from coming to any premature judgment until facts are in.”

Cogan also had advice for Terri Moulton Horman, Kyron’s step-mother who has been under scrutiny in the press.

“I would advise her to not speak to the news media, to not publish any comments online, to not give any interviews to reporters, to be quiet, to not give any interviews and to allow her defense team to do their work,” he said.

And if she did make a public statement?

“I would refuse to represent a client who is making rash statements in the press and giving interviews,” he said. “If I had a client that was doing that, that would be the end of our relationship.”

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/n...om-possessing-any/Dz4uMChK60KCWjy3W5FG4Q.cspx

If LE had enough evidence to show KM that his wife was involved with the dissapearance of his son, then I don't blame KH one minute for filing for divorce. It would make me sick to my stomach to be married to someone who harmed my child. { I still think TH was that diabolical to have planed this for months and maybe even had trial runs in the past year.}

If she is losing it. Maybe somewhat depressed. Feeling the police closing in. Maybe there is a fear of her harming the baby and herself. No idea.

Where's Kyron? :(

Another reason why Terri should keep her mouth shut...

Mark Cogan, who represented Carl and Raylene Worthington when the couple was accused of child mistreatment and manslaughter charges when they decided to pray for their sick daughter instead of take her to a doctor, warned the public of rushing to judgment.

“Nobody has been formally charged,” Cogan said. “There’s all sorts of speculation innuendo rumor suspicion out there on the internet and public opinion and on television but at this point no formal charges have been lodged and I would just caution people from coming to any premature judgment until facts are in.”

Cogan also had advice for Terri Moulton Horman, Kyron’s step-mother who has been under scrutiny in the press.

“I would advise her to not speak to the news media, to not publish any comments online, to not give any interviews to reporters, to be quiet, to not give any interviews and to allow her defense team to do their work,” he said.

And if she did make a public statement?

“I would refuse to represent a client who is making rash statements in the press and giving interviews,” he said. “If I had a client that was doing that, that would be the end of our relationship.”

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/n...om-possessing-any/Dz4uMChK60KCWjy3W5FG4Q.cspx

See that is all about her and nothing about the little boy who is missing. The lawyer does not care about the child, just the potential client.

No links to videos of minors........ Read the rules please.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106878"]Threadiquette & Forum Rules Updates ~ Ask Your Questions Here - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I think that there is a chance they told her not to talk, to be quiet and at the same time they gave her no media attention which maybe she was craving. Maybe she wants to talk and Kaine and LE told her not to in hopes of making her crack... from lack of attention.

She does seem to crave attention. The bodybuilding, fake *advertiser censored*, red mustang (even if it was a gift from Kaine), probably the seeming neediness at the family press conference belies it too. I don't know if it's pertinent to anything directly related to her role in this case but it is pertinent to her making public statements. Maybe Kaine has advised her not to speak so far because he knows she could get herself into more public trouble doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven