What evidence does the prosecution have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like more evidence might be on the way. imo
..............................................................................................

FBI seeks to charge George Zimmerman with hate crime

SANFORD, Fla. —

WFTV has learned charges against George Zimmerman could be getting more serious.

State prosecutors said Zimmerman, a neighborhood watchman, profiled and stalked 17-year-old Trayvon Martin before killing him, so the FBI is now looking into charging him with a hate crime.

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/fbi-seeks-charge-george-zimmerman-hate-crime/nN5pR/

Damage control. This is an old story and there's nothing to suggest "charges are on their way". This investigation has been going on for over a month.

FBI Begins Investigation In Trayvon Martin Case

April 3, 2012
"The FBI has opened a “parallel investigation” into the shooting of Trayvon Martin. The 17-year-old was killed by George Zimmerman, a neighborhood watchman who claims that he shot Martin in self-defense, in February."

If you ask me, someone's trying desperately to get "evidence." What do Mr. Martin's parents have to add to the case? They weren't even in the same city. The brother didn't go outside even after the gunshot so he's not really a witness other to state what we already know, and I doubt anyone would disagree - Mr. Martin went to the store. The friends/family of Mr. Zimmerman are in the same boat. What do they have to add to it? A 2nd hand story? Maybe testifying that Mr. Zimmerman had injuries and went to the hospital but certainly the prosecution wouldn't call them for that... would they?
I thought the same thing. SF is the only person who has stated unequivocally that her son is screaming on the 911 call. Other than that, both Jahvaris and Tracy have stated either it wasn't (Tracy), or they didn't know (Jahvaris).

Maybe I'm missing something here, but after reviewing all of the known witnesses listed in that story I have to say the prosecution is looking pretty desperate to grasp at anything they can. Mr. Owen ... really?
Mark will tear them apart on cross. He's been the consummate professional so far. I hope they are not underestimating him.

Taaffe will be the hardest to watch, he'll have no hiney left, methinks.

All the family of Martins will be needed when the defense starts attacking the victim.

Zimmerman's friends and family are listed and have given statements because they got on tv shows and said George told me this and George did this in the past I believe. imo
BBM

Something like this?

From the :09 mark of the video at this NBC article:

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...es-to-defense-of-trayvon-martins-shooter?lite
TMTaaffeBS2.png

or THIS?

Do you think they have the text or call he made about Tracy Martin?

How would a call about Martin be relevant? IOW, what could he have said to make a difference in the evidence?

Do you think they have the text or call he made about Tracy Martin?
I bet they do. It will also show any calls he made to Taaffe and Oliver. Oh and we will know who he was on the phone with in that picture.

Damage control. This is an old story and there's nothing to suggest "charges are on their way". This investigation has been going on for over a month.

FBI Begins Investigation In Trayvon Martin Case
Read more at http://www./214971/fbi-begins-investigation-in-trayvon-martin-case/#qwEzClbuoEmvqyZ2.99
April 3, 2012
"The FBI has opened a “parallel investigation” into the shooting of Trayvon Martin. The 17-year-old was killed by George Zimmerman, a neighborhood watchman who claims that he shot Martin in self-defense, in February."

This is certainly not old news....the article is dated today and also says:

But if Zimmerman is charged and found guilty of a federal hate crime involving murder, he could face the death penalty.

FBI investigators are actively questioning witnesses in the retreat at the Twin Lakes neighborhood, seeking evidence for a possible federal hate crime charge.

Martin was unarmed when he was shot to death, police said, and some accuse Zimmerman of targeting the teenager solely because of the color of his skin.
-------

State prosecutors said Zimmerman gave several inconsistent statements to Sanford police, which is, in part, their basis for charging him with second-degree murder.

I bet they do. It will also show any calls he made to Taaffe and Oliver. Oh and we will know who he was on the phone with in that picture.

And if he had someone else (picture taker?) call his wife, was he on the phone with his dad?

But if Zimmerman is charged and found guilty of a federal hate crime involving murder, he could face the death penalty.

FBI investigators are actively questioning witnesses in the retreat at the Twin Lakes neighborhood, seeking evidence for a possible federal hate crime charge.

Martin was unarmed when he was shot to death, police said, and some accuse Zimmerman of targeting the teenager solely because of the color of his skin.
-------

State prosecutors said Zimmerman gave several inconsistent statements to Sanford police, which is, in part, their basis for charging him with second-degree murder.

It sounds like it's currently under investigation. IMO, we knew the Prosecutor had indicated the Feds would investigate it separately (and not by her dept); we just didn't know if the Feds were currently working on the hate-crime investigation, or if they would do it later ...

And now we know that they currently are.

JHMO.

INCONSISTENT STATEMENTS.

Sorry.
I didn't mean to yell that so loud. :D

anyway, Oliver and Taafe, no doubt, may have also witnessed these inconsistent statements - albeit unwittingly.

:cow:

-------

vl linked back to the old article announcing the big "hate crime investigation" that's been mentioned here off and on ever since. If the fact that FBI is interviewing witnesses in an ongoing investigation that started a month ago and that "some accuse" George of targeting Trayvon because he was black is new news, I'm in the wrong business b/c I'd be winning a pulitzer for sure lol

It sounds like it's currently under investigation. IMO, we knew the Prosecutor had indicated the Feds would investigate it separately (and not by her dept); we just didn't know if the Feds were currently working on the hate-crime investigation, or if they would do it later ...

And now we know that they currently are.

JHMO.

It was widely reported on April 3rd that the FBI investigation had begun.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57408832-504083/fbi-begins-parallel-investigation-into-trayvon-martin-shooting/

If you ask me, someone's trying desperately to get "evidence." What do Mr. Martin's parents have to add to the case? They weren't even in the same city. The brother didn't go outside even after the gunshot so he's not really a witness other to state what we already know, and I doubt anyone would disagree - Mr. Martin went to the store. The friends/family of Mr. Zimmerman are in the same boat. What do they have to add to it? A 2nd hand story? Maybe testifying that Mr. Zimmerman had injuries and went to the hospital but certainly the prosecution wouldn't call them for that... would they?

Maybe I'm missing something here, but after reviewing all of the known witnesses listed in that story I have to say the prosecution is looking pretty desperate to grasp at anything they can. Mr. Owen ... really?

Trayvon's mother and father can testify he was staying in Sanford and that he was legitimately a resident that GZ had no business following, much less profiling him, stalking him and killing him for no reason. The father can testify about searching for him and learning of his death from the detective and what LE told him about how and where he died. The brother is his full brother, not the soon to be step-brother. I imagine he can be a character witness and maybe about some of the calls. Apparently, the prosecution believes that Mr. Owen has valuable information to testify to also.

This is not desperation, this is presenting all the information you have that proves GZ committed murder.

IMO

-------

The list includes new video evidence from the night of the shooting — both from the 7-Eleven store where Trayvon reportedly purchased Skittles and Arizona iced tea and from a clubhouse in Retreat at Twin Lakes, the townhouse complex where the teen was killed

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...rosecutor-angela-corey-evidence-rachel-fugate
BBM

Wonder if the clubhouse video will help the Feds understand what prompted George to label TM as a "real suspicious guy, on drugs or something, up to no good, and just looking about" all in the first 25 seconds of his 911 call?

Zimmerman: We’ve had some break-ins in my neighborhood and there’s a real suspicious guy. It’s Retreat View Circle. The best address I can give you is 111 Retreat View Circle.

This guy looks like he’s up to no good

or

he’s on drugs or something.

It’s raining and he’s just walking around looking about. [00:25]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors