What evidence does the prosecution have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not in the field of forensic fingerprinting, but something tells me getting a fingerprint off a body that's out in the rain probably isn't going to be very likely using the superglue fuming technique.

Just wanted to take a sec to say that I'm excited about the virtual walk-through scene recreation you're working on - can't wait to see it! Thank you for doing that for us! :)

The clubhouse video is coming out now, but I wonder if there are others. The sign on the gate refers to surveillance cameras. If they were concerned about crime, there should be additional cameras. I sell surveillance systems, they are not expensive, nor are they complicated to install. Look at how many crimes result in all kinds of video coming out. It is rare for people to get away with anything these days because video cameras are so prevalent. Could even be that some of the residents have their own surveillance cameras that might have captured something of value.

They can only be placed in common areas and where residents most frequently gather. Since you sell them, you know, it's complicated for multi-family units because the residents (homeowners in some cases here), have a reasonable expectation of privacy in and around their dwelling. I'd be surprised if there are more cameras than those mentioned, JMO.

If you ask me, someone's trying desperately to get "evidence." What do Mr. Martin's parents have to add to the case? They weren't even in the same city. The brother didn't go outside even after the gunshot so he's not really a witness other to state what we already know, and I doubt anyone would disagree - Mr. Martin went to the store. The friends/family of Mr. Zimmerman are in the same boat. What do they have to add to it? A 2nd hand story? Maybe testifying that Mr. Zimmerman had injuries and went to the hospital but certainly the prosecution wouldn't call them for that... would they?

Maybe I'm missing something here, but after reviewing all of the known witnesses listed in that story I have to say the prosecution is looking pretty desperate to grasp at anything they can. Mr. Owen ... really?

Some of us have speculated that GZ was in contact, either before he started to follow TM or after he ran down to the cut through, with a friend/neighbor. Perhaps, Taffe and/or Oliver has had such a vested interest because he/they or either one of them is somehow more involved, than just retelling GZ's story. It is still possible that GZ had help in the capture and detainment of Trayvon Martin.

As to the photographer: A neighbor can also be a cop/detective and visa versa; A cop/neighbor can be GZ's neighbor. So neither Oliver nor Taffes' statement necessarily contradicts the other's.

IANAL but the rules of evidence are pretty strict. It isn't enough to just state vaguely that "everybody knows why Trayvon was in Sanford." The SA will use the family members to establish why Trayvon was where he was, that he belonged there, that he went to the 7/11 (when and why), etc. All these elements have to be established, even though they are all known to us.

I expect the SA will also use TM's mother, at least, to testify that the screams came from her son. To some jurors, a mother's word will be more convincing than any expert.

The family may also be used to testify as to TM's character, if the SA wants to show it is unlikely that TM "jumped" GZ in the dark.

In a different vein, GZ's friends may be used to demonstrate that GZ has told conflicting stories about the incident, thus indicting GZ's credibility. I think such stories would be exceptions to the hearsay rule.

I'm not sure if I posted this before, but I asked a very experienced trial attorney about the hearsay aspect of Taffe and the other guy. He said that, since they've talked about the conversations they will be hard pressed to deny them, but that the court will use their in court testimony and only allow the interviews for impeachment, and then ONLY if there is a glaring material and actual conflict -- not just some inconsistencies. In short, he felt that it was unlikely that the interviews would play a significant role, but that their in court testimony would be the key. He also said, however, that even the judges disagree about how to apply the rule in such circumstances, so it could go either way. Basically I got a classic "attorney" response lol

I bet they do. It will also show any calls he made to Taaffe and Oliver. Oh and we will know who he was on the phone with in that picture.

And, if he left his home angry, we might be seeing text messages to & from anyone he may have been angry with or from a like-minded neighbor saying something like, "I see one of those @$$Holes up near the front exit, he's coming onto the property, Mr So & So. GZ response: "Ok, this time he's not getting away..." Something like that could be a real eye opener.

I will not be surprised if it is proven that GZ had eyes and ears, other than his own, on his victim.

BBM

Do you live there or is there a club house at every gate in a gated community? There isn't one at the other gate in this one. What are you basing this knowledge on? Dang I have a feeling I am asking one of those stupid questions like I did about the link but what the heck you got to ask questions to learn something.

Is there a clubhouse at every gate? Not to my knowledge - I was referring to cameras being at the gates and clubhouse.

Trayvon's mother and father can testify he was staying in Sanford and that he was legitimately a resident that GZ had no business following, much less profiling him, stalking him and killing him for no reason. The father can testify about searching for him and learning of his death from the detective and what LE told him about how and where he died. The brother is his full brother, not the soon to be step-brother. I imagine he can be a character witness and maybe about some of the calls. Apparently, the prosecution believes that Mr. Owen has valuable information to testify to also.

This is not desperation, this is presenting all the information you have that proves GZ committed murder.

IMO

Tracy Martin can also attest o the photograph of Trayvon showing the tear coming out of his eye and the saliva on his cheek. Trayvon was CRYING.

I just read that there are 67 cd's. Holy cow, that's a LOT of documents and video -- assuming that they are full or even half full.

Some of us have speculated that GZ was in contact, either before he started to follow TM or after he ran down to the cut through, with a friend/neighbor. Perhaps, Taffe and/or Oliver has had such a vested interest because he/they or either one of them is somehow more involved, than just retelling GZ's story. It is still possible that GZ had help in the capture and detainment of Trayvon Martin.

As to the photographer: A neighbor can also be a cop/detective and visa versa; A cop/neighbor can be GZ's neighbor. So neither Oliver or Taffes' statement necessarily contradicts the other's.

Aside from here, has this been mentioned by LE or speculated on anywhere in the MSM? I'm seriously trying to figure out how no one saw or heard this phantom accomplice. TIA

I just read that there are 67 cd's. Holy cow, that's a LOT of documents and video -- assuming that they are full or even half full.

I'm not sure about you and others but they were described as "compact discs" .. maybe it's not the typical 650mb CDs .. maybe it's 4GB dvds! That would be outrageous!

It's like Christmas!!:woohoo:

Tracy Martin can also attest o the photograph of Trayvon showing the tear coming out of his eye and the saliva on his cheek. Trayvon was CRYING.
Not to be gross, but he was lying on his back and it was raining. I am also interested in seeing some documentation of this callous act by the officer.

As to the photographer: A neighbor can also be a cop/detective and visa versa; A cop/neighbor can be GZ's neighbor. So neither Oliver or Taffes' statement necessarily contradicts the other's.

I don't disagree at all that someone may have called him before he left the community, but since he was reaching for his phone when TM came up from behind, it seems unlikely he had time to make another call. JMO

67 CDs...and to think people thought all the prosecution had was the 2-3 page probable cause affidavit. Can't wait to see it all!

Aside from here, has this been mentioned by LE or speculated on anywhere in the MSM? I'm seriously trying to figure out how no one saw or heard this phantom accomplice. TIA

Maybe the phantom accomplice never left his or her home/area. They may have just watched TM and reported his movements to GZ? IDK, it is interesting...

67 CDs...and to think people thought all the prosecution had was the 2-3 page probable cause affidavit. Can't wait to see it all!

For all we know each CD has a single witness statement on it, and another 60 CDs full of Ms. Corey's investigators with a sworn statement saying the other 7 CDs are "the full truth and nothing but the truth." :floorlaugh:

I'm not sure about you and others but they were described as "compact discs" .. maybe it's not the typical 650mb CDs .. maybe it's 4GB dvds! That would be outrageous!

I don't know exactly what you mean by the bold, but I've had the dubious privilege of receiving numerous *just plain old* cd's with scanned docs for review and I need a cocktail after 3 or 4, max lol

For all we know each CD has a single witness statement on it, and another 60 CDs full of Ms. Corey's investigators with a sworn statement saying the other 7 CDs are "the full truth and nothing but the truth." :floorlaugh:

That's what I'm thinking. They have to have really discrete information on each of them, no?

I don't disagree at all that someone may have called him before he left the community, but since he was reaching for his phone when TM came up from behind, it seems unlikely he had time to make another call. JMO

BBM - Not factual/proven yet. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member