What happened to Rebecca Zahau?

What do you think happened to Rebecca Zahau?

• It was a suicide.

Votes: 31 13.1%
  • It was not a suicide.

Votes: 50 21.2%
  • It was a hired hit.

Votes: 22 9.3%
  • It was a murder committed by someone angry about Max's accident.

Votes: 106 44.9%
  • I am unsure of what really happened (on the fence).

Votes: 27 11.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just thinking (inside the box probably but thinking nonetheless) - hair, drama, painting...if she did commit suicide it was rather dramatic. Then I'm thinking, I'm a woman, why do I want to be found nude? Why? Obviously she had beautiful long hair and a nice petite figure. When I think woman and suicide, especially the rich, (and apparently I haven't done enough research on what women in other countries do) but here anyway, I think of a soft kill, in bed, naked etc.

Now if she was going to be so dramatic about it with absolutely no drugs in her system...I just find the fact that she would not pull her hair out from under the rope and shirt odd that's all. It's like putting a scarf or necklace on and those of us with long hair usually pull our hair out and over it instinctively. If she wanted to be found in a dramatic fashion with ropes and nudity, seems her long hair hanging down would have added to that.

Then again, if there was some sort of brutality in the message, her looking truly bound against her will, then I can see doing it like she is alleged to have done.

It's just one of those little things that seemed to bug me.

Well if anyone did that it had to be Rebecca since there is no evidence anyone else was even out on the balcony or in the guest room.

They certainly couldn't stand in the doorway leading onto the balcony and throw her that far where she would clear the railing.

IMO

It could have been accomplished by holding Rebecca in place to make her first foot prints, then removing her to place the chair (sideways) halfway to the railing with only two (chair) feet on the balcony. (We can see that the footprint of the chair legs would be tiny since we can see the bottom of the legs in some of the evidence pictures).

Then, replacing the chair, climbing on and lifting Rebecca with the extra rope and then holding her to make the toe prints at the rail and then up and over. The extra height from the chair would have made it easier to get her over the railing from the halfway distance.

I'm just thinking (inside the box probably but thinking nonetheless) - hair, drama, painting...if she did commit suicide it was rather dramatic. Then I'm thinking, I'm a woman, why do I want to be found nude? Why? Obviously she had beautiful long hair and a nice petite figure. When I think woman and suicide, especially the rich, (and apparently I haven't done enough research on what women in other countries do) but here anyway, I think of a soft kill, in bed, naked etc.

Now if she was going to be so dramatic about it with absolutely no drugs in her system...I just find the fact that she would not pull her hair out from under the rope and shirt odd that's all. It's like putting a scarf or necklace on and those of us with long hair usually pull our hair out and over it instinctively. If she wanted to be found in a dramatic fashion with ropes and nudity, seems her long hair hanging down would have added to that.

Then again, if there was some sort of brutality in the message, her looking truly bound against her will, then I can see doing it like she is alleged to have done.

It's just one of those little things that seemed to bug me.

I have waist length hair and I always keep it tucked inside scarves and even wear it inside my coat in the wintertime. I didn't know that was unusual.

Well if anyone did that it had to be Rebecca since there is no evidence anyone else was even out on the balcony or in the guest room.

They certainly couldn't stand in the doorway leading onto the balcony and throw her that far where she would clear the railing.
IMO

BBM
Rebecca only weighed 100 pounds and prior posts are suggesting that the balcony was only 27" deep which makes it conceivable that she could be thrown over. Maybe it took two people to do it. Anyone want to mock this one up now? :floorlaugh:

It could have been accomplished by holding Rebecca in place to make her first foot prints, then removing her to place the chair (sideways) halfway to the railing with only two (chair) feet on the balcony. (We can see that the footprint of the chair legs would be tiny since we can see the bottom of the legs in some of the evidence pictures).

Then, replacing the chair, climbing on and lifting Rebecca with the extra rope and then holding her to make the toe prints at the rail and then up and over. The extra height from the chair would have made it easier to get her over the railing from the halfway distance.

That seems so elaborate imo.

Do you really think that happened?

IMO

BBM
Rebecca only weighed 100 pounds and prior posts are suggesting that the balcony was only 27" deep which makes it conceivable that she could be thrown over. Maybe it took two people to do it. Anyone want to mock this one up now? :floorlaugh:

A hundred pounds is a lot of weight to throw almost three feet and clear a railing.

And some talk about how hard it was for Rebecca to use all this rope but a 'perp' can do all this and the rope doesn't get tangled up for them?

I am convinced it was a suicide but I sure enjoy reading the many theories given by others.

IMO

There was no struggle on the balcony because she was gagged and her hands and feet were tied.

So you think she just walked out there calmly and jumped? She could still have dropped her body to the bottom of the balcony floor in resistance and kicked at the perp even with her feet bound.

No one is just going to plunge to their death without trying to hedge going over unless they have decided on committing suicide and walk out there and repel off.

IMO

So you think she just walked out there calmly and jumped? She could still have dropped her body to the bottom of the balcony floor in resistance and kicked at the perp even with her feet bound.

No one is just going to plunge to their death without trying to hedge going over unless they have decided on committing suicide and walk out there and repel off.

IMO

If she went over the balcony railing by another, I believe she was already dead it this point, from strangulation.

IMO
My opinion differs from your opinion. I believe she was helped out there.

That seems so elaborate imo.

Do you really think that happened?

IMO

I have for awhile. Certainly no less elaborate than the knots that were tied, tie off to the bed and cryptic message painted on a door.

Any woman tying off to the bed would have wrapped it around the leg and -possibly- the bottom rail of the foot board as well. I mentioned the bizarre tie off to the bed the day after the PC.

If she went over the balcony railing by another, I believe she was already dead it this point, from strangulation.
I believe the autopsy report stated that death was not instantaneous, she would have been alive for about 10 minutes. If I recall correctly.

I believe the autopsy report stated that death was not instantaneous, she would have been alive for about 10 minutes. If I recall correctly.

I don't believe AR says anything like that. I think people reading AR have been speculating to that effect.

A hundred pounds is a lot of weight to throw almost three feet and clear a railing.

And some talk about how hard it was for Rebecca to use all this rope but a 'perp' can do all this and the rope doesn't get tangled up for them?

I am convinced it was a suicide but I sure enjoy reading the many theories given by others.

IMO

BBM
Yes, I agree it would be a task to do so though I don't think it was 3 feet and if it was closer to 2 feet it is conceivable. I guess we'll just have to try this! Now if I can only find someone 100 pounds.

I have looked at Cyril Wecht's statements about the contusions on Rebecca's head. I thought - but haven't found anything - that he or another forensics expert said those marks could be enough to knock R out? I may be way off base here though that thought is nagging at me. Anyone have a reference to that effect that she could have been knocked out first?

I don't believe AR says anything like that. I think people reading AR have been speculating to that effect.
I think it came from here http://www.azcentral.com/business/a...th-medicis-ceo-san-diego-police-findings.html

She made her way onto a small balcony. She put her hands behind her back, forcing them into a binding. Then, she leaned over, far over. The drop was 9 feet. Her neck did not break. She lost consciousness in 15 seconds and died about 20 minutes later.

I didn't see the press conference so I don't know if they got that from it. Anyone have a link to the press conference?

BBM
Yes, I agree it would be a task to do so though I don't think it was 3 feet and if it was closer to 2 feet it is conceivable. I guess we'll just have to try this! Now if I can only find someone 100 pounds.

Didnt LE say it was 3 feet from the door to the balcony or was that how high the railing was?

:floorlaugh: Now I am glad I weigh 119 pounds so that rules me out.

I dont want anyone trying to throw me three feet.:floorlaugh:

I think it came from here http://www.azcentral.com/business/a...th-medicis-ceo-san-diego-police-findings.html

She made her way onto a small balcony. She put her hands behind her back, forcing them into a binding. Then, she leaned over, far over. The drop was 9 feet. Her neck did not break. She lost consciousness in 15 seconds and died about 20 minutes later.

I didn't see the press conference so I don't know if they got that from it. Anyone have a link to the press conference?

Dr. Lucas did mention that in the PC.

IMO

I have looked at Cyril Wecht's statements about the contusions on Rebecca's head. I thought - but haven't found anything - that he or another forensics expert said those marks could be enough to knock R out? I may be way off base here though that thought is nagging at me. Anyone have a reference to that effect that she could have been knocked out first?

I couldnt find that one right away but I found a statement by Dr. Spitz.

Renowned forensic pathologist Dr. Werner Spitz, who testified during the Casey Anthony trial, told ABCNews.com today it's entirely possible Zahau hit her head while hanging.

"When the body first dropped, she doesn't necessarily jump to her death, so she would drop directly downward and she could easily hit against the side of the structure from which she is hanging," he said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/rebecca-zahaus-death-ritualistic-killing-expert/story?id=14463695

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500