• Posturing for the Benefit of the Cameras

Votes: 254 61.5%
  • Reading Depositions Related to the Case

Votes: 35 8.5%
  • None of the Above

Votes: 109 26.4%

• Total voters
I'm sorry grandmaj

I'm not sure of what ICA is doing. I must say that it didn't like right for ICA to be handing JB the book. I think that one of the "REAL" attorneys should have done it. I don't think that the jury will look upon that favorably. Also, it appeared at times today that ICA was instructing JB of what to do or say next. Then I have to think, "she is his boss." He is her mouth piece. Wasn't she shuffling papers around the time that she handed him the book. If I were on the jury I'd be thinking, so, she plays stupid with all of the lies, treats her family like crap, but she's smart enough to sit up there and help with her defense team.

I think that she sits there daydreaming about what she's going to do and where she'll live and the husband she'll get, plan their wedding, have new kids.....when the not guilty verdict comes down.

I don't think for one second that KC is not so deluded that she thinks that she will never step outside of a prison for the rest of her life.

Thank goodness that reality bites! She's at the residence she'll be living at for the rest of her life.

Exactly what I wanted to say only you said it better!! In her mind, this is a minor snag she has to overcome to live her "bella vita." She very well could be making lists of all the things she wants to do when she gets out.

We've all been speculating on the live threads, so what about voting for what it is you think she's actually doing?

I vote for mostly pretending. I think some busy-work for JB is occurring, but mostly just sham performance. In her mind, I suspect she wants others to "pay no attention to that young lady at the DT table, she's not a defendant, just another member of the legal team."

I have a feeling that the daggers she's shooting at LDB are less on account of the reality of the situation, and more out of her jealousy that LDB is actually a competent, successful woman, in contrast to a convicted felon and liar standing trial for murdering her child.

How do I unvote? :floorlaugh:

Genuine Research in Aid of her Defense

It was a misclick!! But I am one of the nine! Runs to hide!

Only way to get that cold anger look of hers off the cameras and away from the jury.

bayouland said ..
I think the prosecution is making a big mistake of not objecting to her "surfing". She could actually be communicating with LA and getting scoop on what CA and GA will further testify. All the way around, she is an inmate and should be treated as such.

I want to know who to or how we can complain about thi. Like they were talking about the protestors there.. one lady that was so upset because her son was murdered and had media coverage.

Playtime? She is bored by the forensics phase of the trial so is keeping herself occupied waiting for the Defense presentation which will allow us to understand and make sense of it all ... Or she is busy researching and writing her testimony ... New lies are needed to counter the SA case so it is busy time to create a damning story about her parents involvement. Playtime = creative lie generation.

word search.

I think she thinks she is helping, but I don't see them getting even slightly interested in whatever it is she is writing. I have seen her going through depositions, too.

Ha! I actually considered anacrostics, word search, etc. as an option. ITA on the utility of her findings as far as "her team" is concerned. I still say that one of these days she's going to jab or swat DCS one too many times...

OK, I'll bite! I think that KC thinks as long as she pretends to be busy then she doesn't have to face the jurors....or either the DT looked at the go-to-you know where looks she's been giving everybody & figured it would be better for the case.???

I'm with you to a point, but I don't think ICA thinks an awful lot about what anybody else thinks. She presumes she is wonderful in most every way, and what isn't wonderful about her is somebody else's fault or the consequence of their terribly poor judgment. I do think her "team" realizes that they need to manage appearances with her, now critically important given the lead balloon that was the OS and the subsequent highly successful efforts (IMO) of the SAO in destroying the "poor abused unable to function normally girl" image they tried to portray.

So... it's entirely possible that putting the laptop in front of her to shield what she's doing -- which may or may not be useful -- is a way of distracting the jurors attention from curiously observing what must be increasingly clear to them to be a sociopath.

I think the DT realized she appears to be staring into space not really concerned with whats going on in the trial. (the jury just doesn't see what is going on when their not in the room) So they decided lets make her look busy and involved in her case. Just 2 weeks too short IMO.

I think the defense team knows that her lack of emotion isn't playing well. During this testimony, where forensics, Caylee's body, and bones are being discussed, I believe the DT told her to look busy and knock the superior smirk off her face.

This is your one warning. We don't bash and I sure am seeing tons of it in this thread that had to be removed.

If you want to discuss what is going on at that table as far as what Casey is doing I'm OK with that. If I have to continue to remove or other moderators have to continue to remove jokes, poking fun or bashing the defendant the thread goes.

We have so much to talk about no moderator should have to step in and warn about this stuff. :(

For my part, I genuinely wanted to see what people thought she might be up to, all the more so after she handed the book written by the dog trainer to JB in his warmup to his "Gotcha!" attempt. I hope others will heed the warning. I'll understand if it needs to go, of course.

I missed most of the trial today, but was Casey actually on a laptop ? I don't recall her ever being able to do this before. I don't think I have ever seen a defendant using a computer during court.

This shocked me, as well. I thought the laptop was in front of her and the monitor for the court was in front of JB. How wrong is that? Plus, the defense has that table so close to the wall that I don't recall any of the sheriff guards being able to go behind her to monitor her activities.

Its just too sneaky for me. I wish this court could have a sheriff deputy a bit closer to her just like they did during jury selection.

Yes, like when he asked the one girl if she was 'jealous' of Casey...lol Puh-lease. Only Casey herself would have thought to ask such a silly question.

I remember that. I thought that maybe she had told JB the story that way, and probably did it with virtually every woman she thought might testify in a way that could be injurious.

She is really getting away with a lot. Any other defendant has to get up and leave the minute the judge says recess! And for her to be whispering and clawing through papers while witnesses testify is so disrespectful. As far as the laptop, I don't know for sure if she's using it although I did see her doing something with a cell phone in her lap during jury selection.

I remember seeing people comment about that on the trial thread this afternoon. I missed it, apparently. Does anybody know if she can use a cell phone under the circumstances? I know I have no idea.

I'm sorry grandmaj

I'm not sure of what ICA is doing. I must say that it didn't like right for ICA to be handing JB the book. I think that one of the "REAL" attorneys should have done it. I don't think that the jury will look upon that favorably. Also, it appeared at times today that ICA was instructing JB of what to do or say next. Then I have to think, "she is his boss." He is her mouth piece. Wasn't she shuffling papers around the time that she handed him the book. If I were on the jury I'd be thinking, so, she plays stupid with all of the lies, treats her family like crap, but she's smart enough to sit up there and help with her defense team.

Good points. I thought the book was pure theater and felt rehearsed, so I'm beginning to side with those who feel that the entire switch to uber-clerk image today was orchestrated by the "team", though I have no idea who actually convinced JB that managing her image needed to become a priority.

Just my opinion.....Casey's lawyers are keeping her hopes up every single day.They are not throwing any negativity her way whatsoever.They feed her so to speak...as to what she wants to hear so that she may go back to her cell and think she is on the path to freedom.They are her family now.

She keeps notes to keep busy and to feel important.It is ALL that she has.I bet if her notations were made public we'd all feel like we were on a acid trip in Disney World.

Just my opinion.

I agree. I went to school with someone who later was charged with murder. All through the trial his lawyers were telling him not to worry, there was no body, no forensics linking him to the car, his alibi was airtight...all to artificially keep his spirits up throughout the trial - everyone could see he was about to lose the case (he was convicted, spent years in jail, conviction was later overturned).

I remember seeing people comment about that on the trial thread this afternoon. I missed it, apparently. Does anybody know if she can use a cell phone under the circumstances? I know I have no idea.

I would like to know the answer to this also.

How do I unvote? :floorlaugh:

Genuine Research in Aid of her Defense

It was a misclick!! But I am one of the nine! Runs to hide!

I for one recognize the mistake and am happy to pretend you did not vote that way. BTW, what was your choice? :seeya:

I think she imagines that this is her Paris Hilton moment.
But JB is having her do all this paper shuffling just so he can say "Look how bizarre this girl is- her life is on the line, we are talking about her baby's bones being eaten by scavengers and she is scribbling notes and filing- you can't send this abnormal young girl to death row!"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph
Back