What Is the Defense Strategy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As of the latest news concerning the possible involvement of Dorothy Sims, I think we got another "peek" at one of the defense strategies.

There has been much speculation in the past as to why the defense witness list is so lacking and why defense experts who stated early on they were involved in the case have now disappeared from being listed on Defense List.

Appears to me that the defense has no intention in refuting State Expert Witnesses with testimony from Defense Witness Experts, but instead will only attempt to discredit the State experts through cross examination only?......

Exit stage left: Badon, Kobi, etc

Enter stage right: Dorothy Sims

They ought to be careful with this, because the state can play that game, too....if I were Ms. Burdick, I would highlight the fact that some of the defense experts have been known to make a career/money/celebrity status out of doing what they do (Dr. Lee).
With the state's experts, there are some unknown names, scientists that have thus far not had anything to gain out of testifying for or against anyone.

And the grab bag is the FBI...the FBI has to maintain an independent status so as to maintain integrity in their field that transcends any state case. So, the FBI could be good or bad for either side, I am very interested to see their testimonies.

The state does have one wonderful luxury-They have not only the experts, but a complimentary group of lay-witnesses that will add a layer of credibility to the experts-Such as Tim Miller....once he gets on the stand (and he is very grumpy about this case) and tells his story, in addition to the experts, a fuller picture will be available for the jurors. The defense ONLY has the experts, as there are really no lay-witnesses that can back up anything KC says.

Seems RGabriel visited with ICA on July 30, 2010...so even as JBP informed Baez there is no need for a jury consultant, there are no funds for him, he goes ahead and puts him in touch with ICA??? Doesn't he follow the judges orders??? I don't think His Honor will appreciate this....JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Well, HHJP told Baez he had an excellent jury consultant in Mason because of his years of trial experience. So I guess Baez has just given us a public statement about how much confidence he has in Mason's skill set. :waitasec:

Well, HHJP told Baez he had an excellent jury consultant in Mason because of his years of trial experience. So I guess Baez has just given us a public statement about how much confidence he has in Mason's skill set. :waitasec:

OTOH, Mason didn't act as though that was a huge compliment. Maybe this is Mason saying, "Get your own ******* jury consultant, Jose!"

thanks Affinity...this is the way the defense should be going instead of trying to blame SOD....if she were to admit to her actions, under severe mental stress due to the controlling, demanding, verbally abusive mother, she lost it the night of this alleged blow up fight which turned physical. She might do herself some favors and lock in a LWOP sentence vs a date with the executioner. I do believe her wanting to look like the innocent mother who is being targeted by the mean, bad policeman, will hurt her more than she knows. She should just admit to her wrongs, beg for forgiveness and mercy and feel blessed with a life sentence.

I don't believe ICA was sexually abused by her father or brother but I do feel she was sexually abused through her own actions. She became very promiscuious during her teen years which is why she has no clue as to who Caylee's father is. She had been looking for love in all the wrong places. She was in a power struggle with CA for a very long time. Then when Caylee arrives, she's still struggling for control only CA wins this one due to her supporting Caylee and ICA. Had she instilled work ethics, family values/morals instead of trying to dominate both ICA and Caylee..ICA could have done this correctly. She could have gotten a "real" job, her own apartment and been her own woman, if she hated her mother controlling every aspect of her life. She couldn't see that far into the future for her rage took over. We saw the rage CA had at the Morgan depo, I could imagine these two in an arugument, it must have been some knock down brawls, words flying....words cut like a knife and I'm sure ICA's been called many things by CA....JMHO

I put myself in this scenario, I too had a horrible home life due to a violent alcoholic father but I left my unhappy home at a very young age. I completed my schooling, had two children I raised solo (vowed they would never feel what I felt!), my own apartment (with some help from the govt)...ICA seems to be lazy to even want something better for herself and her daughter. It was easier to take Caylee out of the equation because she has no true feelings other than anger and rage...IMO

She seems to be needy, holding on to the first man that shows affection, like TonyL said, she just started shacking up with me...she attaches herself to men easily, wanting that home life with the white picket fence but didn't want to work to acheive this..ICA is truly messed up in the head but not enough for insanity, brow beaten, IYKWIM??? CA did a job on her through mental and verbal abuse...JMHO

Justice for Caylee
I agree and I also have no problems with the scenario of Cindy trying to choke Casey. It seems a logical thing to happen in this "family." You know it's bad when George calls Lee from work to ask him to go over to the house to intervene between Cindy and Casey. George KNOWS things between C & C were very volatile. I think things got physical between C&C often.

OTOH, Mason didn't act as though that was a huge compliment. Maybe this is Mason saying, "Get your own ******* jury consultant, Jose!"

This is something that has bothered me from the get-go about the defense "team." They have never been cohesive ~ not at the beginning nor through any of their many changing attorneys. The motions they have filed have obviously not been shared amongst one another otherwise there would have not been so many embarrassingly blatant errors. They don't fact check with one another otherwise CM would not have issued his declaration that the Suburban area was obviously dry. I'm not even sure that they have organized a true plan of defense or to assign individual areas of responsibility. I can't really even understand which one of them is the "lead" attorney. Shouldn't it be the high-profile, death-penalty qualified, experienced person? Or is it JB that is the responsible ringmaster of this circus?

CM might well feel he's not getting paid enough :D to take on the additional duty of expert jury consultant!! But why can he feel any pride (or even jeopardize his reputation) to be included in a team that produces such a poor product?

I can't imagine anyone working on a team where they didn't all coordinate and help each other. It surely does not appear that they are doing that at even the basest level. . . but I know little of legal workings. Is this the norm?

"After the research, we write the motion and we file it. So, it could be weeks. It could be a month or so," Baez said.

There are other tests and other experts the defense will eventually refute as well.

"I expect a vigorous defense will be put on," Baez said. "We're excited and you all will see what the Baez smirk has been about all along."

For now, we're left with few clues about their strategy to save Anthony's life.

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2010/september/152901/Body-Farm-a-key-battle-in-Anthony-case

"I expect a vigorous defense will be put on," Baez said. "We're excited and you all will see what the Baez smirk has been about all along."
Your post edited for brevity.

Oh Lord, did he really have to say that!??? Hear that whizzing sound? What shred of respect I had for him just flew out the window. :banghead:

For now, we're left with few clues about their strategy to save Anthony's life.

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2010/september/152901/Body-Farm-a-key-battle-in-Anthony-case

Either this is a case of poor editing (via misuse of quotation marks) or an epic display of narcissism. Look out for a trademark on "Baez Smirk".

Your post edited for brevity.

Oh Lord, did he really have to say that!??? Hear that whizzing sound? What shred of respect I had for him just flew out the window. :banghead:

My blood pressure instantly went up 20 reading that line! All I can say at this point is :croc: (anything else will get me in trouble :angel::innocent:)

Well, it's blatantly obvious now that Baez' defense strategy is to read the blogs on the internet, and peruse and hopefully see that someone else might come up with a defense for him. In the meantime, he sure has made it perfectly clear by commenting as such that this is what he has been doing all along.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2010/09/casey-anthony-whats-at-stake-in-body-farm-depositions-central-florida-news-13-explains.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+entertainment%2Ftv%2Ftvguy+%28TV+Guy%29

“We are of the feeling that their evidence is not admissible when it’s referred to as junk science. So they can prove to us it’s not junk science. OK, but we call it junk science.”

Ummmmmm...excuse me...Mr. Mason...JUNK SCIENCE
Just because YOU aren't the first to use it....doesn't make it junk.

"Junk"... anything that is regarded as worthless, meaningless, or contemptible;
trash.

Perhaps because the findings create an issue for KC you find them...contemptible????

1. They need to watch their use of "junk" in reference to the science that will go to prove that their client tossed her daughter's lifeless body out like junk, in a locally-notorious dumping ground for trash.

2. Did he REALLY refer to "the Baez smirk"? REALLY? If so, all hail the death of the ironic third-person self-reference.

:puke:

Were excited.. someone should remind him his clients life hangs in the balance.

THis may be a good time to revisit this article.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,457160,00.html

Snip
A state attorney has requested that Circuit Judge Stan Strickland limit statements by prosecutors, defense attorneys, Orange County investigators and the family of defendant Casey Anthony in the case.

Defense attorney Jose Baez said the state has leaked much more information. But Ashton detailed several national television appearances Baez made that he said were designed to influence jurors.

Ashton said that to let it continue would "make it virtually impossible for us to find an impartial jury in the state of Florida, much less Orlando."

"There's a lot of hot air, but not a whole lot of law," Baez said of Ashton's presentation.

What would be the motive for OPPOSING the gag order???

ETA...
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/032509_New_revelations_in_Anthony_deposition

The Judge asked Baez a series of questions. "Between you and Ms. Anthony, is there any literary rights fee or agreement; does one exist?" asked the Judge. "No Sir," said Baez.

Well, it's blatantly obvious now that Baez' defense strategy is to read the blogs on the internet, and peruse and hopefully see that someone else might come up with a defense for him. In the meantime, he sure has made it perfectly clear by commenting as such that this is what he has been doing all along.

Well, that and attempting to use the media to his advantage....like getting his little buddy Adam Longo to dig through the basement and dust off a report he did in 2006 when he visited the Body Farm....but presenting the information on tonight's broadcast as if it is current!

IT WAS FOUR YEARS AGO!

And the changes in the "Body Farm" from then to now.....AWESOME!

It is an amazing place to visit, even better place to LEARN and exchange ideas with folks who have firing synapses! :blushing: And as I've mentioned before, there ain't nothin' like a fired up:angel: MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST :angel:who's gone on in the hunt for knowledge :)angel:Arpad Vass, MT(ASCP), Ph.D:angel:)!! and retains the basic principles of the basics of scientific analysis: treat "unknowns" (aka samples) exactly the same as the standards (aka "known amounts of "X") and controls (aka "assayed as in we know the range of "X" in this stuff") and DOCUMENT, DOCUMENT, DOCUMENT each and every step of the process so ANYBODY (okay, anybody with the background!) can DUPLICATE/replicate/RE-ANALYZE/rerun the procedure (analysis). :snooty::snooty::snooty::snooty::snooty::snooty:

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2010/09/casey-anthony-whats-at-stake-in-body-farm-depositions-central-florida-news-13-explains.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+entertainment%2Ftv%2Ftvguy+%28TV+Guy%29

“We are of the feeling that their evidence is not admissible when it’s referred to as junk science. So they can prove to us it’s not junk science. OK, but we call it junk science.”

Ummmmmm...excuse me...Mr. Mason...JUNK SCIENCE
Just because YOU aren't the first to use it....doesn't make it junk.

"Junk"... anything that is regarded as worthless, meaningless, or contemptible;
trash.

Perhaps because the findings create an issue for KC you find them...contemptible????

What can I say to Mr Mason other than.... DNA, Sir, DNA
Does Mr. Mason remember when DNA was first admitted in a Florida criminal trial and later upheld by an Florida Appellate Court? Let's refresh his memory since he constantly complains about the lack of it to the Media and to Judge Perry.
1988 (Andrews v. Florida, 533 So. 2d 841 [Fla. App.]),

Everything has a FIRST and this could be the FIRST for the Body Farms Air Sample being admissible into evidence in a criminal trial.

If the Air Sample tests pass the Frye Hearing will the Defense then call it Sound Science and apologize to Dr Vass? Just Wondering.

And the changes in the "Body Farm" from then to now.....AWESOME!

It is an amazing place to visit, even better place to LEARN and exchange ideas with folks who have firing synapses! :blushing: And as I've mentioned before, there ain't nothin' like a fired up:angel: MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST :angel:who's gone on in the hunt for knowledge :)angel:Arpad Vass, MT(ASCP), Ph.D:angel:)!! and retains the basic principles of the basics of scientific analysis: treat "unknowns" (aka samples) exactly the same as the standards (aka "known amounts of "X") and controls (aka "assayed as in we know the range of "X" in this stuff") and DOCUMENT, DOCUMENT, DOCUMENT each and every step of the process so ANYBODY (okay, anybody with the background!) can DUPLICATE/replicate/RE-ANALYZE/rerun the procedure (analysis). :snooty::snooty::snooty::snooty::snooty::snooty:

I have no doubt that at some point during the depositions, Baez turned to Mason and said :waitasec: and Mason replied :waitasec::waitasec:

What can I say to Mr Mason other than.... DNA, Sir, DNA
Does Mr. Mason remember when DNA was first admitted in a Florida criminal trial and later upheld by an Florida Appellate Court? Let's refresh his memory since he constantly complains about the lack of it to the Media and to Judge Perry.
1988 (Andrews v. Florida, 533 So. 2d 841 [Fla. App.]),

Everything has a FIRST and this could be the FIRST for the Body Farms Air Sample being admissible into evidence in a criminal trial.

If the Air Sample tests pass the Frye Hearing will the Defense then call it Sound Science and apologize to Dr Vass? Just Wondering.

BBM......
and in a nutshell resides the "over sensitivity" and "grudge" by the defense regarding junk science. Sounds a wee bit personal huh??

Well done Intermezzo.

Were excited.. someone should remind him his clients life hangs in the balance.

I think if you look hard enough, you will realize that to Baez, this case is about Baez, and had nothing to do with the death of an innocent child or the muderer of this child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500