What Is the Defense Strategy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i hate to ask this bc i know i'm gonna sound stupid, but what emails is everyone referring to?

i followed this case on nancy grace until she quit covering it. i am curious?

also, will the trial be aired?

thanks.

i hate to ask this bc i know i'm gonna sound stupid, but what emails is everyone referring to?

i followed this case on nancy grace until she quit covering it. i am curious?

also, will the trial be aired?

thanks.

:Welcome-12-june:

The emails start on page 17 of this: http://www.ninthcircuit.org/news/Hi...ication for Subpoena Duces Tecum 8-9-2010.pdf

The hearing on Monday will probably be on In Session, or online local news, there will threads here with links.

i dont post much and am always thinking, what could this defense possibly do or say that would imply caseys innocence in the death of her daughter? This is the simplest thing i could come up with. I truly believe that they are going to say that caylee died some other way, and that casey panicked and didnt want to get in trouble or really deal with it so shes gonna admit to putting her in the trunk trying to make it look like a kidnapping and disposing of the body. There is absolutely no scientific way to prove how caylee died. But they can certainly raise reasonable doubt as to whether casey actually killed caylee. i think thats what this sims lawyer is there for. to basically pose questions to the experts as to the possibility of caylee dying some other way such as a seisure or choking, but not really at caseys hand. does that make any sense?

By the way i totally think she did it just trying to figure out where they are going with this whole, you will understand at trial thing. any thoughts?

i dont post much and am always thinking, what could this defense possibly do or say that would imply caseys innocence in the death of her daughter? This is the simplest thing i could come up with. I truly believe that they are going to say that caylee died some other way, and that casey panicked and didnt want to get in trouble or really deal with it so shes gonna admit to putting her in the trunk trying to make it look like a kidnapping and disposing of the body. There is absolutely no scientific way to prove how caylee died. But they can certainly raise reasonable doubt as to whether casey actually killed caylee. i think thats what this sims lawyer is there for. to basically pose questions to the experts as to the possibility of caylee dying some other way such as a seisure or choking, but not really at caseys hand. does that make any sense?

By the way i totally think she did it just trying to figure out where they are going with this whole, you will understand at trial thing. any thoughts?

How would they do that without KC testifying about what happened? Wouldn't JB look foolish saying the child died by accident when the mother is sitting right there and still refuses to testify. So basically it would work both ways. Can't prove it was an accident, can't prove it wasn't. Mom knows the truth but will not say. If it were an accident there would be no reason to hide this from anyone but still she keeps her silence and still her attorneys are grabbing at staws which is not going unnoticed by all interested parties to this case. jmo

In addition, I'd like to add a few thoughts that have entered mine as well as others minds when considering the accident, panic theory.

I can't excuse or even comprehend dumping my beloved child bagged and at a trash lot had an accident occurred.

I need (badly) an explanation for that duct tape. A mother that panicked doesn't stage a kidnapping as a backup plan so to speak. Give me another reason. By all indications imo Casey never planned on getting caught or having Caylee found.

How do you ride around with your dead child in your trunk like that?

There are pictures, video, text messages and many, many witness statements that prove Casey was having a damn good ole' time, period. A tattoo to prove it no less.

Nothing whatsoever to indicate, shock, grief, concern or any normal emotion about the demise of ones most precious loved one. Her attitude and behavior just scream "I don't give a damn about anyone but me. And Tony at the moment" as per phone calls, im's, etc. have shown us. Tony Padilla met her and said Casey is all about Casey.

For what it's worth had an accident occurred then yes, I can see Casey thinking "oh no, this will ruin my plans with Tony tonight." I'll deal with it another day. But, everything she did thereafter shows she has no heart or soul, care or concern about anyone. So with that thought I'll just say it couldn't have happened to a better person. (the charges)

I too would love to know what the Baez schmuck-I mean smirk - is all about.

They should have gone with the accident/panic theory right away. She said in her interview she was absolutely petrified about what her mom is going to say. She could have said oh I put the duct tape on to make it look like a kidnapping (she should have taken the State up on their first offer to lead them to Caylee). Not that it's not a load of carp but it beats Zanny which she has yet to refute.

The mystery is that their defense witnesses seem to show that their only strategy is to poke holes in the evidence. They even said they may not have to put on a defense. But then they say things like "you'll understand." It's alllll smoke and mirrors and clown cars.

I think she killed her but in thinking about the accident theory and questions in regards to her driving around with the baby in the car, an accident to Casey would have been a dream come true. She clearly could not care either way about her daughter. So I guess what I'm saying is she would not have felt bad about her daughter having an accident. I also think that her admitting that to her mother would have resulted in her being homeless and broke. She needed her parents to believe the kidnap so that they would take care of her forever. IMO I think she killed her..

They should have gone with the accident/panic theory right away. She said in her interview she was absolutely petrified about what her mom is going to say. She could have said oh I put the duct tape on to make it look like a kidnapping (she should have taken the State up on their first offer to lead them to Caylee). Not that it's not a load of carp but it beats Zanny which she has yet to refute.

The mystery is that their defense witnesses seem to show that their only strategy is to poke holes in the evidence. They even said they may not have to put on a defense. But then they say things like "you'll understand." It's alllll smoke and mirrors and clown cars.

Agreed, accident then panic lead to a bad story, was their best shot. And I also agree with your summation of the defense; Wait till you see; were going to show you; you will understand; then refute as much of the science as then, can then let JB get up and do a close full of inuendo and sympathy for the "Mother of the Year," never showing or prooving anything because there is nothing to show or proove.

As to the smirk, IMO, he doesn't know how to smile so he's making lemonade out of lemons, by pretending he knows something we don't. Truth is we know something he doesn't... but if I say what it is, I'll get banned! :waitasec:

You've had a couple of comments back but I would like to add two words, duct tape, and then of course, carrying your child around in the trunk of the car while her body decomposes. ICA would have to actually testify as to why she did these things if this was some kind of an accident and I think we are all pretty clear that Baez won't dare put her on the stand.

Ashton and LDB would crucify her.

I asked in the legal thread if Casey would have to testify if she changed her story and the answer was no. Just an FYI.. PS..I think she killed her

I know what he's thinking!! He's thinking "I am going to look like such a schmuck when this case goes to trial - my career is ruined and I'll go through life being made fun of like Judge ITO. People will jeer and point when I walk down the street. These folks just don't know it yet, so I've got one over on them."

Kind of OT, but Lucas Coe got LWOP yesterday for what he did to four year old Emma Thompson. I don't have a direct link, but it's in the "Crimes in the News" forum. I am just elated that justice has been served in that case (though the mom did NOT get NEARLY what she deserved dangit, 20 years with parole in 5 for good behavior. I hope the bio dad is there for EVERY parole hearing). And his defense's closing was five minutes long and focused on HIS suffering, of course. I'm ranking his lawyer up there with Baez for crap like that. He'll NEVER suffer as badly as he made Emma suffer.

Hmmm, wonder if Baez will get past five minutes with his closing? Or will Mason ramble and bore the jury to death?

They've got nothing and they know it. How do you strategize with nothing? You don't. You blow smoke and mirrors and hope for a miracle.

And Casey, your time is coming, oh yes it is. Emma got her justice. Caylee will soon get hers!

Rest in peace, dear Emma. I hope you and Caylee are friends and are playing together in heaven.

I agree that the defense has nothing. Their only recourse is to attack the evidence and the prosecution witnesses in an attempt to cast reasonable doubt.

Jose Baez is in this for himself, and is hoping this case will garner him fame as a defense attorney. Cheney Mason, is a hanger-on, attaching himself to a high-profile case, but he doesn't know the case details and is looking like a fool.

I think that in the end, Jose Baez will regret taking this case, and the Anthonys - Casey, George, Cindy and Lee - will regret not being truthful and cooperating with LE. The legal defense team and the Anthonys have alienated the public to the point that I don't think there's anything they could do to change the public's opinion.

I asked in the legal thread if Casey would have to testify if she changed her story and the answer was no. Just an FYI.. PS..I think she killed her

This is very true. But if we were on the jury and we were sitting there across from Ms. Princess and her attorney started into a different story about what happened and that she made up the kidnapping story to cover up an accident what would we be thinking. "Poor thing". Not me. I'd be thinking then what took her so long to tell the truth and is it really the truth when she did not have a problem trying to blame the death on another person which was a lie. Another lie? That is what would be going through my fuzzy brain. There would be no sympathy for her coming from me. Would sound like a last ditch effort to pull a rabbit out of the hat and I would not be buying it. jmo

I agree with the BS assessment.

"Dazzle" is way beyond Baez's capabilities.

Bore, maybe. Annoy, possibly. Dazzle --- no.

Since they can't dazzle with brilliance, they will most likely try to baffle with B.S. ;)

On my Honor I will do my best to
help myself and the h*77 with the rest!

Strategy in a nutshell: ANYTHING it takes to WIN. Nothing is off limits.

It is too bad that she is such a big story...if she were not, she'd have one little ineffective public defender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea