What Ron is NOT saying

This is what grabbed me in that video. TN is telling everyone how Ron feels, but that is totally contrary to what he says in the tapes that were released. So, is he only saying these things to TN, or is she his self-proclaimed PR person?

I'm falling off the fence, people. Really fast.

IMO, TN is his "self-proclaimed PR person". I have to agree with what Dr. Glass said on Levi's show last night. Ron is very self centered and that's why it was all about him on the jail audio with GGMS and nothing about Haleigh... or Jr. for that matter. JMHO

IMO, TN is his "self-proclaimed PR person". I have to agree with what Dr. Glass said on Levi's show last night. Ron is very self centered and that's why it was all about him on the jail audio with GGMS and nothing about Haleigh... or Jr. for that matter. JMHO

Not mentioning Jr. spoke VOLUMES to me.

This is what grabbed me in that video. TN is telling everyone how Ron feels, but that is totally contrary to what he says in the tapes that were released. So, is he only saying these things to TN, or is she his self-proclaimed PR person?

*Throwing some pillows to soften your fall*

I was on the fence about TN for a long time. Now I suspect TN is doing double duty as his PR person and her own. If it should turn out that Ron is not quite all that, and better, she might have to answer the questions about why he screwed up his life, at least to herself. Some blame might attach to her as his mother, for either the things she did or the things she didn't do.

This has been a burning question in my mind tonight. We've listened to all those videos and have heard about watching for a snitch, underwear, jewelry, etc., but I have yet to hear him say anything about Haleigh. I've yet to hear him ask how Jr. is doing. I've yet to hear him ask about losing custody of Jr. or anything a father would ask. This is coming from a fence sitter who is about to choose a side!

I just watched a video of the vigil and TN is saying that Ron is upset and wishes he was at the vigil, etc. But we haven't heard such a thing? Is it on a tape that is being held back? Am I missing something?

Here's the vigil video for reference: http://www.news4jax.com/video/22488957/index.html

What other things might you expect to hear from a grieving father in jail at this point that you haven't heard?

Don't forget, we aren't getting anything like everything that RC is saying. And it may be that he has been told not to talk about Haleigh on the phone, as LE is taping and everything ends up on NG. We can't blame prisoners for being reluctant to talk when they know they are being taped and they should know that the tapes aren't just property of LE; they are fair game for the media as well. We get the voyeuristic hit when we hear them, but the practice of putting them on the air will eventually make these calls less revealing about the cases we care about--unless the people involved are 18 year-old addicts in withdrawal. Prisoners may be willing to talk about private emotions when LE is listening, but may not want the whole world to hear.

Don't forget, we aren't getting anything like everything that RC is saying. And it may be that he has been told not to talk about Haleigh on the phone, as LE is taping and everything ends up on NG. We can't blame prisoners for being reluctant to talk when they know they are being taped and they should know that the tapes aren't just property of LE; they are fair game for the media as well. We get the voyeuristic hit when we hear them, but the practice of putting them on the air will eventually make these calls less revealing about the cases we care about--unless the people involved are 18 year-old addicts in withdrawal. Prisoners may be willing to talk about private emotions when LE is listening, but may not want the whole world to hear.

I agree that the knowledge of having the tapes published might make arrestees more careful and less likely to reveal any important information. That's what Steph Watts wrote about too.

I don't really think LE would forbid them to discuss Haleigh though because if they're in jail because LE wants information about her and thinks these people have it, LE would want to know what they'd say on the phone in case something slips. It is my understanding that they can redact whatever they don't want on NG.

Even if Ron has been forbidden by LE to talk about Haleigh, it still does not explain why TN said that Haleigh is all he talks about.

From what I heard on the Levi show last night.....He is not saying to the person who would have Haleigh just drop her off somewhere safe, a hospital, police station, fire station just drop her off and have her go in and tell someone her name...You don't need to stick around with her and get caught just bring my little girl back safe....

Now to what he is saying I will kill the person who took my daughter...In my opinion the reason that this interview was so important to get out is that RC is sending a message to all the others that were arrested with him....If you speak about Haleigh at all I will kill you....He acts like he is 10' tall and bullet proof....I would bet my bottom dollar that when all of this was being planned the night it happened that Ron told Misty anytime you hear me say I will kill the person who took my daughter, what I am really saying is I will kill you or anyone else who tells LE the truth about what happened to my daughter...

What he's not saying is that the buck stops with him, that HE failed his children. Instead, he continues to point out how everyone he ever invited into the childrens' lives failed HIM. He was at werk.

Kimster,,,we have a very, very soft pillowed balloon,,,,go for it,,,,,JUMP...we'll catch you....

I just can't shake the feeling that there is much more to the whole RC in jail situation. I don't like the fact that he actually said what he did to Dana Treen, knowing that the call was being recorded. "Off the record"--yeah right. And the special treatment with visitation. There is still something hinky there to me. Today I read that TN says he did graduate high school and was attending ITT Tech for computer technology back when he was with Crystal. Is he smarter than we originally thought? Is there more there than meets the eye? I think there's a lot he's not saying.

Three things:

1. In jail, I believe, is the most that Ron has talked in long sentences. All I had heard previously is short non-answers such as, I was at werk or I don't know Mizz Nancy. To me Ron was VERY careful NOT to say too much so he did not trip himself up and put it all onto Misty. I think that's why he doesn't go there at all, since he knows he is being video'd.

2. He was doing nothing to little to move the search investigation forward before he was arrested and went into jail, I don't think he was participating in selling drugs to fund an investigation into HaLeigh -- he did buy his chains though. There was talk of a PI and a Foundation but he was wallowing and doing what he knew best.

3. I think Ron likes to be portrayed as a good Father but that's what TN is for, Ron is all about Ron and I think he used everyone else to look after and manage the kids and he was just the disciplinarian, calling the shots. He seems a LOT like Casey (KC) in that he needs folks around when he needs them but it is mainly about him.

As was stated, I think Ron was genuinely grieving, originally, over HaLeigh's demise and he is trying to move on but -- hiding the truth and him knowing is not bringing Ron closure. I think Ron does have a conscience and this is driving him crazy. He does focus all about himself but, to me, he is on a path of self-destruction if he ever does get out.

Like KC in some ways I do think Ron wants HaLeigh found so this episode can close by blaming a perp but in this case it'll bring a homicide investigation spotlight on Misty which could/will burn him as well.

Ron is in a catch-22 -- so to spend the rest of his life in jail under the guise of a drug deal sorta/kinda makes him feel better --- a martyr, if he had the courage he'd perform his threatened murder/suicide and take Bonnie and Clyde out.

Ron didn't get arrested and taken to jail to find out where Haleigh is... that's B.S. Ron is in jail because he trafficked in drugs... right along with Misty and Tommy. Does he and Teresa think that Misty is going to open up and admit she disappeared Haleigh because poor Ron is sitting in jail? I don't think so!
Ron and Teresa would have us to think that Ron is an informant of some kind and he is in there to protect him from the big bad drug dealers, and by sitting in solitary, he's going to find out where Haleigh is.
Teresa is delusional. Ron is not as tough as he would like to think he is. If he's got no qualms now about going to prison, then he'll change his mind once he gets there. Jail is going to seem like the Hilton hotel once he is thrown in with all the rest of the criminals.

Ron has made it clear that he knows he is going to prison, or so he said in the interview I heard. I interpreted the comment "I'd spend the rest of my life in here if it would bring my daughter home" to mean that Ron understands what has been implied here on WS and elsewhere--that the drug arrests and high bonds exist to put the screws down on Misty, Ron and anyone else who may know what happened to Haleigh. Thus, he may be saying that if the drug arrests lead to a resolution in Haleigh's case, he's willing to do the time. It's not like he could "find" Haleigh from prison, or as pointed out in an earlier post, anyone could really "search" for her as the official searches have turned up nothing.

I am not defending RC here--whether in terms of his conduct in trafficking narcotics or in other areas of his personal life. I am just giving him credit for being able to connect the dots between the drug arrests, the very high bonds for minor-level traffickers, and the unsolved case of his missing daughter. I don't think it is a matter of whether he has "qualms" about going to prison. It's a matter of stating publicly, once again, that nothing is more important than bringing Haleigh home. Now, what THAT phrase means to him, a year after her disappearance, I have no idea. I just think it's a waste of time to blame him for failing to talk enough about Haleigh, or when he does talk about her, blame him for saying the wrong thing. For some people, there isn't a thing in the world he could say that would be acceptable.

For myself, I am waiting to see what comes of Misty's incarceration. If Ron knows something about Haleigh that he's not talking about, prison isn't going to open him up about it. Misty, on the other hand, is another story. If she isn't directly involved in the disappearance, once she gets through detoxing and can make minimal sense of things, being in prison for 3 times her current life span might get her to thinking "plea bargain."

Ronald also isn't saying that he'll be okay doing the time for trafficking since he got caught. I'll bet there's a caveat in there: He'll do time for what happened to Haleigh and that'll assuage whatever guilt he feels without ever having to admit to whatever, whoever, whenever.

Only God can judge him, afterall, and so he'll do his penance between him and God and no one needs to know about his private business.

I agree that the knowledge of having the tapes published might make arrestees more careful and less likely to reveal any important information. That's what Steph Watts wrote about too.

I don't really think LE would forbid them to discuss Haleigh though because if they're in jail because LE wants information about her and thinks these people have it, LE would want to know what they'd say on the phone in case something slips. It is my understanding that they can redact whatever they don't want on NG.

Even if Ron has been forbidden by LE to talk about Haleigh, it still does not explain why TN said that Haleigh is all he talks about.

I don't think LE would forbid Ron to say anything. He has the right to free speech, even in prison. However, his attorney should have told him not to say anything in recorded phone conversations. He's in prison and looking at hard time. Whatever he knows about Haleigh (if anything) or Misty or the drug dealing, the attorney will want to keep that stuff quiet either to use for bargaining chips or to avoid Ron incriminating himself. Any human being in prison is STUPID for talking to anyone in a situation where she or he might be recorded. To talk about a kidnapping or probably murder--doubly stupid.

We have no idea what LE might have held back on those tapes. We surely haven't heard all of what Ron and his family members have said.

Ron has made it clear that he knows he is going to prison, or so he said in the interview I heard. I interpreted the comment "I'd spend the rest of my life in here if it would bring my daughter home" to mean that Ron understands what has been implied here on WS and elsewhere--that the drug arrests and high bonds exist to put the screws down on Misty, Ron and anyone else who may know what happened to Haleigh. Thus, he may be saying that if the drug arrests lead to a resolution in Haleigh's case, he's willing to do the time. It's not like he could "find" Haleigh from prison, or as pointed out in an earlier post, anyone could really "search" for her as the official searches have turned up nothing.

I am not defending RC here--whether in terms of his conduct in trafficking narcotics or in other areas of his personal life. I am just giving him credit for being able to connect the dots between the drug arrests, the very high bonds for minor-level traffickers, and the unsolved case of his missing daughter. I don't think it is a matter of whether he has "qualms" about going to prison. It's a matter of stating publicly, once again, that nothing is more important than bringing Haleigh home. Now, what THAT phrase means to him, a year after her disappearance, I have no idea. I just think it's a waste of time to blame him for failing to talk enough about Haleigh, or when he does talk about her, blame him for saying the wrong thing. For some people, there isn't a thing in the world he could say that would be acceptable.

For myself, I am waiting to see what comes of Misty's incarceration. If Ron knows something about Haleigh that he's not talking about, prison isn't going to open him up about it. Misty, on the other hand, is another story. If she isn't directly involved in the disappearance, once she gets through detoxing and can make minimal sense of things, being in prison for 3 times her current life span might get her to thinking "plea bargain."
I agree. It's almost, (& I'm not making excuses), as if he's admitting to deserving to be punished. Like, in his own mind, he is manning up.

I bet $10 we wind up hearing him say some of the exact things we write here that he should say - after a little bird gives him the heads-up. ;)

I just can't shake the feeling that there is much more to the whole RC in jail situation. I don't like the fact that he actually said what he did to Dana Treen, knowing that the call was being recorded. "Off the record"--yeah right. And the special treatment with visitation. There is still something hinky there to me. Today I read that TN says he did graduate high school and was attending ITT Tech for computer technology back when he was with Crystal. Is he smarter than we originally thought? Is there more there than meets the eye? I think there's a lot he's not saying.

I'm pretty sure that ITT Tech was discussed on here a long time ago. Oddly enough, I think we were speculating about Teresa's education in microcomputers at the time. [Def not Ron. That's a stretch for anybody to imagine.]

I don't think LE would forbid Ron to say anything. He has the right to free speech, even in prison. However, his attorney should have told him not to say anything in recorded phone conversations. He's in prison and looking at hard time. Whatever he knows about Haleigh (if anything) or Misty or the drug dealing, the attorney will want to keep that stuff quiet either to use for bargaining chips or to avoid Ron incriminating himself. Any human being in prison is STUPID for talking to anyone in a situation where she or he might be recorded. To talk about a kidnapping or probably murder--doubly stupid.

We have no idea what LE might have held back on those tapes. We surely haven't heard all of what Ron and his family members have said.

That's very true about the attorney.

So why did Ron call a reporter and give an interview? He has repeatedly been annoyed by people talking about his personal life and got divorced because people were staring at him, so why did he want to disclose details about his personal life when he's in prison? He also talked about the drug case half confessing he was guilty and made murderous threats. Why? We have his mom on the record saying he's not stupid. So he must have had a reason. What was in it for him?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab
Back