What Ron is NOT saying

Yes and it's equally true that for some of us there truly isn't any lipservice nor a single thing in the world that someone guilty of withholding info or covering up their child's death could say that would be acceptable--save the truth. JMO

:parrot:

I agree. It's almost, (& I'm not making excuses), as if he's admitting to deserving to be punished. Like, in his own mind, he is manning up.

I agree, though I am not sure what he is guilty of (though surely we can start with leaving the kids with Misty that night, given her binge that weekend).

Do we have proof that Ron is withholding information about Haleigh? Or is that conjecture? I can see that some here believe RC is directly involved in Haleigh's disappearance and, so by definition must be withholding information of his own guilt. But why does anyone assume that Misty would TELL him if she has done something with Haleigh or left the kids alone, etc.? If Misty is lying to LE, and to her family (who told her this week not to lie and must have some reason for doing so), why wouldn't she lie to RC?

I'll admit that I am gobsmacked by the fact the RC still calls Misty a "friend." I have no way to account for that, and I can only note the giant, sucking contradiction between his statements about wanting to kill whoever took Haleigh and his seeming continued involvement with Misty. The drug involvements among all these people make everything harder to figure out, except for the fact that the addicts and habitual drug-users in the crowd will always put the drug first--over spouse, children, job, home and self. So really, at this point, who knows?

not sure where this belongs but this thread seems as good as any. one thing that has bothered me for a long time is when MC was first hanging out with DB and Ron sent her a text telling her that DB was for working for TM. since it was after they divorced, i could not wrap my head around why he would do that since everything pointed to misty having the key to haleigh's disappearance. i think these arrests have just answered that question. i don't think he was trying to protect misty against what she might tell DB about haleigh, but more so about what she might let DB know about the drugs. that could get both of them locked up and still not find haleigh. if they knew DB was working for TM but continued to deal and do drugs, they are some very addicted folks in my opinion. so it turns out DB is arrested too, but that was quite a chance they were taking to let her into that part of their lives. now we know why he sent the text and why they stayed in contact after the divorce. we may also know why ron never really put the pressure on misty about that night. i mean i can't imagine he didn't give her the third degree day and night 24/7. when NG asked him what misty was telling him, he answered with something like "the same thing she's telling everybody else. nothing really." HUH? and you accept that? i think neither of them wanted the other one as an enemy as each one of them could set the other one up for a drug bust. maybe now that they are looking at a long time in jail and there's no chance of one turning on the other to get them busted for drugs, one of them will talk about haleigh's disappearance because the other one doesn't have any leverage now. who knows, maybe they're equally guilty and one won't sit and let the other one walk. okay just rambling here. but at least i now understand why he sent that text.

not sure where this belongs but this thread seems as good as any. one thing that has bothered me for a long time is when MC was first hanging out with DB and Ron sent her a text telling her that DB was for working for TM. since it was after they divorced, i could not wrap my head around why he would do that since everything pointed to misty having the key to haleigh's disappearance. i think these arrests have just answered that question. i don't think he was trying to protect misty against what she might tell DB about haleigh, but more so about what she might let DB know about the drugs. that could get both of them locked up and still not find haleigh. if they knew DB was working for TM but continued to deal and do drugs, they are some very addicted folks in my opinion. so it turns out DB is arrested too, but that was quite a chance they were taking to let her into that part of their lives. now we know why he sent the text and why they stayed in contact after the divorce. we may also know why ron never really put the pressure on misty about that night. i mean i can't imagine he didn't give her the third degree day and night 24/7. when NG asked him what misty was telling him, he answered with something like "the same thing she's telling everybody else. nothing really." HUH? and you accept that? i think neither of them wanted the other one as an enemy as each one of them could set the other one up for a drug bust. maybe now that they are looking at a long time in jail and there's no chance of one turning on the other to get them busted for drugs, one of them will talk about haleigh's disappearance because the other one doesn't have any leverage now. who knows, maybe they're equally guilty and one won't sit and let the other one walk. okay just rambling here. but at least i now understand why he sent that text.
I think Ron sent the text because Tim Miller was trying to find Haleigh-so he warned Misty about Donna. He & Misty really are up to their eyeballs in this.

I think Ron sent the text because Tim Miller was trying to find Haleigh-so he warned Misty about Donna. He & Misty really are up to their eyeballs in this.[/QUOTE]

hadn't thought of it like that. i was going on the assumption that ron really doesn't know what happened and he would welcome the chance for misty to slip up to anybody which is what boggled my mind about the text. i must say i'm a fence sitter when it comes to ron. something's wrong there but i'm just not sure of what it is.

Since Ron isn't saying anything that amounts to anything I gotta say this...

GO SAINTS

Final Score...31 - 17

Very good post. If MC was used to doing Roxy's, she was not abstaining while with DB or she would have been sick. So, DB knew that she was on them and continued to take them. Who knows, maybe she was sharing with DB or vice versa. Either way, once DB was exposed as working UC, RC wanted to put a stop to whatever MC may blurt out. Drugs, disappearance, whatever, whoever, whenever. He was worried for his own a$$.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back