What should Morgan ask in Padilla's depo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like Morgan to ask if LP heard any discussions from the family or KC's defense team about raising money for KC's defense or for any "foundation" (the early one).

Because LP went to bail her out under the impression she was frightened of her family's welfare and therefore could not talk to LE, and that the family insisted LE was trying to frame KC (per her own words) or not doing a good job looking for her "kidnapper". The fact that he completely reversed his decision to keep her out on bail, based on various things he saw and heard, is very critical not only for the civil case but the criminal one. He and his team are the only non-LE types that had any exposure to the Anthony family soon after this crime (not counting any other family members or "friends" like the Milsteads).

When I look at the many ways various others have profited from this story (from the media to the Anthony family themselves to their legal counsel) any "publicity" LP may have gotten from this he paid dearly for - and much more than some others who were basically may have attached themselves to the case for similar reasons. Profiting from publicity or media coverage is inherent in most high profile cases. The Anthonys themselves did a lot to insure it was one by taking KC's ridiculous kidnapping story national. I look at their profiting from the victim (as a member of their own family) and ultimately denying her the justice she deserved simply to save another member of the family, as far more vile than those who covered the case in the media or were able to use the publicity to help themselves or their own causes, most of which were far more benign, even if self-serving, than protecting a killer.

I never understood what the big deal was about LP assisting KC is the first place (If she had acted normal and grateful which he expected - he was fooled like most of us at the beginning that there must be a reason she was afraid to report Caylee missing for 31 days). As soon as he realized she was elusive and not above board he moved away from offering his support. Whether or not he's sorry he even got involved, I couldn't say. But he's an older gentleman (I was surprised at his age - can't even remember but older than I thought) and he's a gambler type probably. In order to have an active life he has to get involved in stuff or he's too bored. That's the kind of guy I have him pegged as. He loves his doggie so he can't be bad. :)

LP could be asked (to advance Morgan's case):
Did he or any of his people observe the Anthonys brainstorming about ZFG?
Did he hear or even observe the family brainstorming about anything . . . or did it appear they were forming any plans at all. (Or had plans already been set and put in motion?)
Did the family ever ask his advice on how best to try to find the "right" ZFG.
When and why did the family decide he was not an asset to their cause.
And, most importantly, after observing this family over a critical period of time ~ does he believe that they were in searching mode or cover-up mode.

Stop and think about where LP was getting some of his information??? The A's????? So is anyone really surprised that some of the info turned out to be false?

This is so true! How can we expect everything he tells us to pan out when he was dealing with an entire clan of professional liars? :crazy:

What happened with LP and the Morgan depo thing? Why did that never happen? Is it still on or is LP outta there?

It's my understanding that JM wanted to wait until GA and CA's depos were done before giving LP a depo. After GA's and CA's depos, JM said he was going to do second depo with GA, and possibly before a judge this time. So far, there's been no second depo for GA.

I want him to ask LP who he believes is paying for Casey's dream team. I also want him to ask who he had to sign a confidentiality agreement with when he first arrived in Orlawndo. :woohoo:

Please don't get mad at me but BC hurt his back? How does that happen? Anyway, it just struck my funny bone. I mean no disrespect.
Hahahahaha~ I wondered the same thing, but I won't tell you the thoughts which ran through my head to try and explain it. I will give you the key words tho: Hot poker. @ss. Cindy. :crazy:

Oh...sorry...no disrespect intended either.

Stop and think about where LP was getting some of his information??? The A's????? So is anyone really surprised that some of the info turned out to be false?

LP, like all of us here, has an opinion. The difference is that LP, unlike us, didn't preface his opinion by saying, IMO. He stated things as fact...........but it was just his theory of the moment based on evidence that was being released or media reports. LP did have an advantage over us, as he was in close contact with the family for a period of time, especially through the female body guard, Tracy, that was staying in the Anthony house.

I think LP, Tracy, and Rob will all be witnesses for the prosecution, and will bring some insight into what was happening during the time Casey was first bonded out.

I hope he does a depo with Tracy as she is the one who was with Casey the most and she would also have heard George and Cindy talking. She might have gotten an ear full even if it was all bs. I'm curious what Casey had to say though when her and Tracy were just sitting around talking or if she kept silent. Tracy probably also heard phone calls that Casey made. A depo with Tracy should be interesting. I hope the Pros use Tracy too.

I hope he does a depo with Tracy as she is the one who was with Casey the most and she would also have heard George and Cindy talking. She might have gotten an ear full even if it was all bs. I'm curious what Casey had to say though when her and Tracy were just sitting around talking or if she kept silent. Tracy probably also heard phone calls that Casey made. A depo with Tracy should be interesting. I hope the Pros use Tracy too.

Well, the FBI interviewed her early on, so I imagine the state will find things she said useful. Supposedly she was the one that overheard CA saying she wished she had given the FBI the dogs' toothbrush. Not to mention being there when CA and GA's LE buddy had to pull him away from KC when he tried to question her about what happened to Caylee.

When it comes to impulse control (especially verbally) those Anthony girls don't have much, so they tend to blurt out lots of interesting things, even when they are using "mistruths" and "halftruths".

I want him to ask LP who he believes is paying for Casey's dream team. I also want him to ask who he had to sign a confidentiality agreement with when he first arrived in Orlawndo. :woohoo:

I'd love to know that too because that has been such an issue, not only with the public but apparently with the court. IIRC, Baez had LP sign an agreement that he would not attempt to make money from KC's "story" in any way. But he did not work directly for JB so I don't believe it was a confidentiality agreement of the same kind that would cover all the "work product" stuff JB claims he had with DC.

Trying to read between the lines here - LP arrived on the scene with less than altruistic motives - is that what you're implicating?

Depending on the circumstances I say, so what. Yes he may have had an idea for his involvement in the case but I don't think he could have possibly foreseen how complicated/aweful it would turn out to be. A gambler, yes, a liar and a murderer supporter, I just don't see it.

Do you think he is backing KC? Paying for her dream team?

Hahahahaha~ I wondered the same thing, but I won't tell you the thoughts which ran through my head to try and explain it. I will give you the key words tho: Hot poker. @ss. Cindy. :crazy:

SS, you bad girl!:eek:

LP, like all of us here, has an opinion. The difference is that LP, unlike us, didn't preface his opinion by saying, IMO. He stated things as fact...........but it was just his theory of the moment based on evidence that was being released or media reports. LP did have an advantage over us, as he was in close contact with the family for a period of time, especially through the female body guard, Tracy, that was staying in the Anthony house.

I think LP, Tracy, and Rob will all be witnesses for the prosecution, and will bring some insight into what was happening during the time Casey was first bonded out.

I don't know how they do it, that is, keep their mouths closed. I'd have bitten a hole in my bottom lip by now as a way to hold back what I really know. It would be very hard.

I'd love to know that too because that has been such an issue, not only with the public but apparently with the court. IIRC, Baez had LP sign an agreement that he would not attempt to make money from KC's "story" in any way. But he did not work directly for JB so I don't believe it was a confidentiality agreement of the same kind that would cover all the "work product" stuff JB claims he had with DC.

Lost again, so what else is new. You mean LP is connected to JB? Please say it isn't so.

I don't know how they do it, that is, keep their mouths closed. I'd have bitten a hole in my bottom lip by now as a way to hold back what I really know. It would be very hard.
It is really not that hard to keep your mouth shut regarding confidential or privileged information obtained in a professional setting. Just remember that your job, professional license and future income depend on it. Not only that, but if you stray and spill it, you're likely to get sued and lose everything you have acquired. So, with all that on the line, the opposite becomes true; they can't drag it out of me with a team of horses! Not gonna happen.

Trying to read between the lines here - LP arrived on the scene with less than altruistic motives - is that what you're implicating?

Depending on the circumstances I say, so what. Yes he may have had an idea for his involvement in the case but I don't think he could have possibly foreseen how complicated/aweful it would turn out to be. A gambler, yes, a liar and a murderer supporter, I just don't see it.

Do you think he is backing KC? Paying for her dream team?
No, not at all! It was no secret that someone did ask him to sign a confidentiality agreement AFTER he arrived in Orlando. I remember him talking about it in front of the trailer parked outside the house during the time Geraldo was interviewing them (not sure it was on that particular interview tho). He did say it was not Geraldo, IIRC.

I don't believe that LP has purposefully lied about anyone or anything in this case and spoke only his opinions which at times were way off target, imo. However, I do think he either knows or has suspicions of who is paying for her dream team. No...he didn't work for Baez, but JB could have made him sign the same agreement that Tracy had to sign to be in direct contact and proximity of Casey. If that is true...then how was LP so free to speak about the case and Casey afterwards? This is what I want clarified to make sure it wasn't from the hidden entity paying for her defense. (Btw~ Baez did lead him on with false ideas that he would be able to talk to her openly to try and resolve the case...which he quickly learned was not going to happen...so he was essentially duped by JB, imo.)

If there is a legal backdoor to finding out who is paying for her defense...I hope they can find a way to open it. ;)

Regarding SS post above - ya, and what is the status of the off camera event that happened at one of the hearings anywho? Inquiring minds want to know.:D

Thanks for clarifying your thoughts, I was thinking "huh?"

Bold mine.

OMG, SS...that was LOL funny! :dance:

What hasn't LP already said aloud that would come out at depo? I'm struggling to come up with a question that I think he would have a good answer for (not that came from info from the A family) he's dangled a lot of theories out there that were just that, theories, so I'm not sure where his expertise will truly lie. His employee Tracy and his nephew hold the secrets in my opinion.

I want to watch all of these depos, please if anyone knows when they are schduled, let us know. Unlike the Anthony's where they wer pulling teeth, at least these answers are going to be forthcoming, if not emptying the bucket, LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther