What time was Ronald and Misty's fight on Feb 9th?

What, Tommy is trying to change the time of the phonecalls?? I hadn't heard that.

If he's doing that both Tommy and his lawyer are dumber than I thought. What would be the point of changing something LE can read from the phone records?

Ok I just thought of something.:waitasec:

Did Ron ever say he TOLD Tommy to go to his house?

Because if Tommy knew that Ron was at work and Tommy thought Misty wasn't at home it would be a perfect time for maybe him and Joe to go and look for the gun.

IMOO
Hi OBE. I Brought my post below over from another thread from last night. We were having the same thoughts as you proposed in your above post...

(Originally Posted By SmoothOperator)
dodie, I am really really thinking that you are sooo very on to "IT".... your above post literally sent a chill up the back of my neck and I truly feel is close to what happened the night of February 9, 2009... That Misty was out of the MH for "some" amt of time.. And possibly it was Ron's call to Tommy to see WTH was going on at the MH cuz Ron couldn't get Misty on her phone, that took Tommy to the MH that night... But Tommy's agenda was NOT to check on Misty but much more of nefarious agenda and knowing that Misty was out from the MH and he had full reign of that MH and whatever "it" was that he was wanting from that MH.... And that is what Tommy did and that is why Misty does NOT KNOW exactly what happened to Haleigh...

ETA~ And I am not meaning that Haleigh was necessarily the "IT" that Tommy was after, quite possibly "IT" was drugs, or really who the hell knows.. and that something happened that Tommy did not necessarily "plan" on happening when setting out to go to that MH... Tommy by his own admission was EXTREMELY "F-ed" up..

What, Tommy is trying to change the time of the phonecalls?? I hadn't heard that.

If he's doing that both Tommy and his lawyer are dumber than I thought. What would be the point of changing something LE can read from the phone records?

I didnt know he had changed the time of the call. I think I read he has tried to change the time he went there or that he never went there but police arent buying his convenient retraction.

But his reason for going there is what LE thinks is important, imo. If he got the call at 8:30 pm and didnt go until 10...why? If he was supposed to be going there to find Misty for Ron?

Did he ever talk to Ron after then by phone? If not, why not... since his purpose so he says was to see if Misty was there which is a half truth imo. He did want to see if the house was empty and if Misty was there but he was up to no good imo and not doing a favor for Ron but for himself and maybe Joe.

IMO

Can't tell you when it started, but it darn sure was still going when they made that 911 call. Whoooo doggie.

I didnt know he had changed the time of the call. I think I read he has tried to change the time he went there or that he never went there but police arent buying his convenient retraction.

But his reason for going there is what LE thinks is important, imo. If he got the call at 8:30 pm and didnt go until 10...why? If he was supposed to be going there to find Misty for Ron?

Did he ever talk to Ron after then by phone? If not, why not... since his purpose so he says was to see if Misty was there which is a half truth imo. He did want to see if the house was empty and if Misty was there but he was up to no good imo and not doing a favor for Ron but for himself and maybe Joe.

IMO
you're right. I heard that Tommy was trying to change the time, & assumed he meant the time of the call. I was thinking there may have been 2 calls. But changing the time of the visit makes more sense.

But...Tommy is now backing away from that story & is changing it. with no eplanation of why. But cops have said, (I think), that just because he is now changing his story, doesn't mean they are going to disregard his original time.

That is what I recall reading as well. Which is what lead me to question Lindsay's alibi for Tommy that night. She said she didn't get home until 10:15PM from school and Tommy was home. At that time he did have the red truck I assume so if he had to go anywhere he had transportation, he wouldn't have to call Joe to steal the van from Timmy and Chelsea to pick him up.

Maybe Tommy did leave but not to look for Misty at first. What if he went to Ron's she wasn't there so he headed over to the Magnolia address. I also thought they both said that they had been together than evening smoking a joint. Maybe Tommy went to the Magnolia address to get high with Misty and took his kids with him or maybe left them home. IMO, LE would of had to question Tommy's kids as well. We have not heard anything that they have said either.

As for Ron calling Tommy, regardless of the reason..The fact that he called IMO is because he wanted something from Tommy, whether it be locating Misty or checking up on Misty. He called for a reason, what is hinky is that Ron allegedly didn't leave work and worked 3hrs over time when he could not contact his so called sitter for the night. This is why I feel that Misty was not watching the children all night.
Maybe there was a fight on Magnolia and Haleigh got caught in the line of fire there.
Or maybe Haleigh and Jr. were left alone in the MH and something happen there, and either TN/GGMS found her unresponsive and took matters in their own hands. Could be why TN tracked Misty down and asked her to babysit, sent her to the MH and that is when she noticed Haleigh missing. And the story ran from their. I found it very odd back then that the Cummings were so protective and supportive of Misty, after all Haleigh went missing on her watch supposedly. Just a thought..

This is what was said on NG.

NG: 2010.04.30 AH Exclusive: Tommy Says He Lied To Cops about dropping by MH at 10PM
Transcript: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/30/ng.01.html

HARRIS: Tommy Croslin has now said he lied to police when he said he went to the trailer at 10:00 p.m. He says he never did -- he said it to get out of jail so they would reduce his bond on the gun theft charge. And now -- you`re right. It throws the case out the window.

Police still believe, they`re hanging on. They believe his first story. But his lawyer says it`s likely that it was not 10:00 because that`s when his -- that`s when he was baby-sitting.

Art Harris, he`s now saying he never went to the home, banged on the door between 10:00 and 10:30, and that nobody answered.

HARRIS:And his private investigator, Steve Brown (ph), tells me that`s not possible because his wife got home about 10:15. He was baby-sitting. He doesn`t rule out he could have gone over there later. But the fact that Tommy is now saying he lied to police does not help the prosecution`s case, it seems.

FLORA HOLLARs: I think he (Ron) knows more than what he`s saying.

HOLLARS: I know one thing. Misty had been out on a drug binge for three days. Her and Ron had fought that day, and she told him she didn`t want to babysit, and he told her yes, you are going to babysit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0C7SqazpPE

Nancy Grace Show transcript March 26, 2010 http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/ng.html

GRACE: Joining me right now exclusively, a very special guest, James Werter. He is the attorney for Tommy Croslin. And he says he will schedule an independent polygraph. James Werter, thank you for being with us.

JAMES WERTER, ATTORNEY FOR TOMMY CROSLIN: Thank you, Nancy. Good evening.

GRACE: Mr. Werter, Tommy Croslin insists he came to the home the evening Haleigh goes missing. He places himself at the home where the child disappeared. But he says he bammed on the door repeatedly, nobody ever came, and he left.

WERTER: Nancy, you have to understand when that statement was given, he had been arrested for that grand theft charge and he was in for a week waiting bond, and he was interviewed every day until he finally gave that statement. That`s why we want a polygraph to clear the air on the timeline.
GRACE: Now I`m going to try to go back to James Werter if Peter Odom -- is that OK with you? I take it that it is.

James Werter, attorney for Tommy Croslin. He`s planning to hook Tommy Croslin up to an independent poly.

What about a police poly?

JAMES WERTER, ATTORNEY FOR TOMMY CROSLIN, PLANS TO SCHEDULE INDEPENDENT POLYGRAPH FOR TOMMY CROSLIN: Well, I was looking. It was actually my suggestion. And we were looking for a more objective, non-biased person.

This is being organized by the private investigator Steve Brown. And he is an 11-year FBI veteran. I trust him completely. I will be present.

And we both sat with Tommy, and what we call down here have a come to Jesus talk with him, and we expressed that he is not going to beat a polygraph. It is a good investigative tool. But I agree that it is not a precise instrument.

Here is more of that same transcript

GRACE: OK. To Terry Shoemaker. This is the attorney for Ronald Cummings, Haleigh`s father. What does he have to say about this revelation?

TERRY SHOEMAKER, ATTORNEY FOR HALEIGH`S FATHER, RONALD CUMMINGS: Well, he`s kind of shocked that Misty`s brother went over there that evening. He said all along that he did call the house of Hank Jr. and asked him whether or not Misty was there. But he doesn`t -- he`s never said that he asked them to go look for her. He just asked if she was over there. And that was at about 9:00. So I think Hank Jr.`s timeline is a little off.

GRACE: Well, it sounds like everybody has a very, let me just say, shifting timeline, Mr. Shoemaker.

SHOEMAKER: Right.

GRACE: So I`m not exactly sure that anybody knows what time it is in Satsuma, Florida the night Haleigh went missing.

SHOEMAKER: Right.

So the call that Ron made was about 9:00 pm
Exclusive: Tommy Croslin Says He Lied To Cops

April 30th, 2010
"Snip"
By Art Harris, The Bald Truth, © artharris.com, all rights reserved

In a blockbuster twist, and possible setback, to the Haleigh Cummings murder case investigators are working so hard to build, The Bald Truth has learned Tommy Croslin now claims he lied to police about dropping by Ronald Cummings trailer at 10 p.m. the night the five year old Haleigh vanished.

“He lied to the cops to get out of jail,” adding that Putnam County detectives were recently made aware of his retraction. “It’s no secret.”

Last year, when Croslin was behind bars with no way out of the Putnam County Jail with no money and there was no way Croslin could come up with five grand.

“Tommy said they (investigators) kept pressuring him to tell them something new about Haleigh, “so he made up going to the trailer at 10 p. m., and they reduced his bond to $5,000, and he was able to get out of jail.”

investigators aren’t buying his new spin and still aim to use the 10 p.m. drop by in the time line–all part of Putnam County Sheriff Jeff Hardy’s Herculian efforts to make a murder case as airtight as it can be with no body, no weapon and no confession, before he hands it over to the State Attorneys’ homicide prosecutors.

Sources tell me a grand jury would likely be empaneled to hear a pitch for probable cause then they believe they have enough to obtain arrest warrants.
That visit, The Bald Truth reported, was prompted by a call from Ronald Cummings at work, asking him to check on his then 17 year old girlfriend, Tommy’s sister Misty. After going AWOL, on a three day drug and sex binge-revenge romance with another man, she was back, exhausted and declaring she didn’t want to babysit that night.

Beyond fueling suspicion that Misty may not have been home, leaving details of Haleigh’s demise to explode with horrific rumors; Tommy’s admission was the first time anyone else had admitted being at the trailer during the murky timeline Misty had been unable or unwilling to fill in–until she fingered Tommy and cousin Joe as perps.

“I was mad at Ronald that day,” Chelsea Croslin tells The Bald Truth, “because he wouldn’t roll down his window so we could wave at Haleigh. He was in a hurry.”

Back at the trailer, she says Tommy later reported Haleigh was happy, doing wheelies on her bike, and playing with her brother, Junior, and Tommy’s children. Misty cooked dinner. At 6 p.m., Tommy says he dropped by and smoked a joint with his sister.
Tommy’s wife has said she believes he was home that night babysitting their three kids when she returned from nursing school about 10:15-10:30 p.m. that night and Tommy was there.

She went to bed and thought Tommy had, too, she told me, and has been his consistent alibi

Read the rest of this entry » http://www.artharris.com/

The babysitting mentions make it sound like his story about going to the MH at 10 and Lindsy's timeline of returning home put together mean that he would have had to leave his own children alone and this wasn't looked kindly upon. Not too bright, Tommy.

Dang! According to Shoemaker on one of your links, Ron called Hank Jr.'s home that night and not Hank Sr. as I thought. If this is true, Hank Jr. was not at the Magnolia residence but at his own home.

I think Shoemaker misspoke.

I am sure LE has the phone records showing where the call was made.

We have Seniors and Juniors in this case so I don't fault him with getting it mixed up.

IMO

IMO

BBM. If he wanted to do something criminal at the Cummings MH he might have needed some time to prepare and maybe call Joe to get there.

If not, maybe he just was in the middle of something, like preparing his dinner, and figured that Misty wasn't in so much danger that it couldn't wait for an hour or more.

If he was at the Magnolia residence at the time of the call and had the children with him it would have taken him some time to bring the children home and maybe wait for them to fall asleep if he cares about such things.

I wonder if there are any calls or attempts to call between Tommy and Misty that night.

Shoemaker is minimizing ron's phone calls. He did say it was a major fight on the phone at 8:30 but remember this is ron talking to his lawyer. So it was much more than major.

A major horrid fight with misty at 8:30 and the child vanishing is too much for just a coincidence. There is a connection here.
8:00pm GMA leaves and everything was fine.
8:00pm misty puts Haleigh to bed.
8:30PM ron calls and there is a major blow-up
8:30 Haleigh falls asleep

9:00 ron is looking for misty

......at some point Haleigh vanishes.

The only thing I can be sure of is that ron is lying about what that phone call and fight with misty was about. There is the reason for Haleigh's demise..it is in that last phone call.

Misty wanting to babysit other kids at a different residence was probably a lie. Timmy was supposedly all goofed up on meds, so Chelsea didn't need a sitter. Lisa was with Hank at the hospital, so he didn't need anyone there. Tommy was with his kids til Lindsay got home around 10:00. When Misty got mad at Ron she ran off and slept with other guy/s. That weekend she was with WBG, and may have met a couple of other guys she liked. Jr's story of two black men visiting and the couch bouncing is probably true. Tommy's main concern was dope and he claims he didn't have any pills that day. Chelsea claims that Ron kept some in that bedroom dresser drawer, where Haleigh was sleeping. Tommy may have been desperate for drugs and could be the reason he called Joe, searching around for pills, maybe even over at his parents' home since they weren't there. Tommy's the one that places himself at that trailer with Misty not there.

Misty wanting to babysit other kids at a different residence was probably a lie. Timmy was supposedly all goofed up on meds, so Chelsea didn't need a sitter. Lisa was with Hank at the hospital, so he didn't need anyone there. Tommy was with his kids til Lindsay got home around 10:00. When Misty got mad at Ron she ran off and slept with other guy/s. That weekend she was with WBG, and may have met a couple of other guys she liked. Jr's story of two black men visiting and the couch bouncing is probably true. Tommy's main concern was dope and he claims he didn't have any pills that day. Chelsea claims that Ron kept some in that bedroom dresser drawer, where Haleigh was sleeping. Tommy may have been desperate for drugs and could be the reason he called Joe, searching around for pills, maybe even over at his parents' home since they weren't there. Tommy's the one that places himself at that trailer with Misty not there.

bolded by me...

I agree with you...Misty probably did lie about it....Who would have asked her, ...it has not came out that someone had asked her to..and she couldn't...no one has came forward.....UNLESS the LE are keeping quiet about that as well......OR another possibility...

OR....This just occured to me.....Kind of off the wall...but it could have been what Misty and Ron were arguing about....Say Misty was still willing to babysit for Ron....BUT...babysit at a different residence...Magnolia...her parents house...NOT BABYSIT at Ron's house...perhaps Misty was thinking she could have some control if she was staying at her parents....and Ron was INSISTANT she babysit them at HIS house....and a fight broke out over that...Since my theory is Haleigh was injured at the Magnolia residence...after school...Misty was there with Haleigh..and Ron came over and fought with her...over her babysitting..at her parents residence...
MOO...

I know...way off the wall perhaps...but it could have been possible...

QUOTE:
Exclusive: Tommy Croslin Says He Lied To Cops

April 30th, 2010
"Snip"
By Art Harris, The Bald Truth, © artharris.com, all rights reserved

In a blockbuster twist, and possible setback, to the Haleigh Cummings murder case investigators are working so hard to build, The Bald Truth has learned Tommy Croslin now claims he lied to police about dropping by Ronald Cummings trailer at 10 p.m. the night the five year old Haleigh vanished.

“He lied to the cops to get out of jail,” adding that Putnam County detectives were recently made aware of his retraction. “It’s no secret.”

Last year, when Croslin was behind bars with no way out of the Putnam County Jail with no money and there was no way Croslin could come up with five grand.

“Tommy said they (investigators) kept pressuring him to tell them something new about Haleigh, “so he made up going to the trailer at 10 p. m., and they reduced his bond to $5,000, and he was able to get out of jail.”

investigators aren’t buying his new spin and still aim to use the 10 p.m. drop by in the time line–all part of Putnam County Sheriff Jeff Hardy’s Herculian efforts to make a murder case as airtight as it can be with no body, no weapon and no confession, before he hands it over to the State Attorneys’ homicide prosecutors.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bolded by me....

Reading this...Hmmmmmm...it says...No body, No WEAPON.....This is the first time I have read about in print...regarding the word.. weapon....involving this investigation...

So......this Homicide Investigation..is saying...(No)...weapon ...and homicide..in the same sentence????

Would an Over Dose..be considered a weapon????..for Homicide???

Or a gun be considered a weapon for homicide????...Hmmmmmmmmm!!!!

Is this Art Harris making this statement???...Or his sources?????...Or the LE????

Didn't Ron just admit to a gun fight???....Some more pieces to the puzzle...MOO

Chelsea Says:>>>&#8220;I was mad at Ronald that day,&#8221; Chelsea Croslin tells The Bald Truth, &#8220;because he wouldn&#8217;t roll down his window so we could wave at Haleigh. He was in a hurry.&#8221;<<<<

Ron Says:

>>>>Haleigh sat in my lap and I let her drive the car home.<<<<<<

.....hmmmm

Heck, we don't even know if the fight was at 8:30pm or not. Ron Cummings lies.

bolded by me...

I agree with you...Misty probably did lie about it....Who would have asked her, ...it has not came out that someone had asked her to..and she couldn't...no one has came forward.....UNLESS the LE are keeping quiet about that as well......OR another possibility...

OR....This just occured to me.....Kind of off the wall...but it could have been what Misty and Ron were arguing about....Say Misty was still willing to babysit for Ron....BUT...babysit at a different residence...Magnolia...her parents house...NOT BABYSIT at Ron's house...perhaps Misty was thinking she could have some control if she was staying at her parents....and Ron was INSISTANT she babysit them at HIS house....and a fight broke out over that...Since my theory is Haleigh was injured at the Magnolia residence...after school...Misty was there with Haleigh..and Ron came over and fought with her...over her babysitting..at her parents residence...
MOO...

I know...way off the wall perhaps...but it could have been possible...
I've thought that if the argument was over babysitting, it might have been Misty wanting Tommy to babysit Ron's kids, not Misty wanting to babysit Tommy's kids. Now, THAT would cause Ron to blow up. She'd just got home, but was wanting to ditch the kids? But was that argument even about babysitting? That's what we've heard, but we've also heard that that particular argument, happened weeks earlier.

I've thought that if the argument was over babysitting, it might have been Misty wanting Tommy to babysit Ron's kids, not Misty wanting to babysit Tommy's kids. Now, THAT would cause Ron to blow up. She'd just got home, but was wanting to ditch the kids? But was that argument even about babysitting? That's what we've heard, but we've also heard that that particular argument, happened weeks earlier.

bolded by me...

Yes, you could be right....Thanks for your comment..

It is very hard and confusing..to keep track of all these arguments Ron and Misty have had..and when they had them...and what they were fighting about at any given time!!!!!.....moo

I think this is the most important part.

Investigators aren’t buying his new spin and still aim to use the 10 p.m. drop by in the time line–all part of Putnam County Sheriff Jeff Hardy’s Herculian efforts to make a murder case as airtight as it can be with no body, no weapon and no confession, before he hands it over to the State Attorneys’ homicide prosecutors.

IMOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back