When Baez paid the bank back wasn't that tantamount to pleading guilty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm quite a few states away but plan on attending. May not be able to get into the courtroom but will be there, hopefullly.

Plan to ask MM for his advice closer to trial time. Doesn't appear attendance has been an issue, at least for court hearings?

We should all coordinate a meet up!

But according to Cindy there was never any crime here- it was all "a misunderstanding between friends"....

Well, if Cindy:loser:
said it, it must be true; right??:sick:

:banghead: Of course the fact that Amy claims Cindy
told her "you'll never see that $$ again!!" won't come into it!

KC was so upset over the loss
of her child, she decided if their places were
reversed she would give Amy her last dime, if she had one...:twocents:

The beer was obviously a pay off, for Zany, (ransom Note>>> :beersign:
aka: 30 day script) after all the only places KC ever L:eye::eye:ked
for Zany
were clubs and bars.......

Guessing Zany
:40__s: has a huge alcohol problem.
we'll know when Zany finally gets out of rehab,
where she's been hiding:coffeecup: for the last 17 mos... :cautionDrunk:

Zany must have liked
KC's sunglasses so much :cooler:
KC just handed them over with her daughter...
She's generous that way. She likes her friends
to be generous too. KC let her friend Amy buy her new
:cool2: from :bullseye: Target

The new undies were because KC :usa:
obviously couldn't go home in the middle
of her stake out, to change!
:Banane23:

Who would have guessed she was undercover when she was up
on that stage dancing with with girls...
:dance::genie:

KC was so dang good at what she was doing, :eek:nline:
not a single person she was with all month ever caught on!

I guess she missed her calling. .
:behindbar or not!

Not only is this NOT true restitution, if it couldn't be used in the DP trial, that might not bode well for Amy either.

Since Amy could not have known about the check fraud situation until she returned from P.R. - the same night KC was actually arrested, she can't be used as a SODDI defense for "retribution" for missing funds. In fact, restitution of Amy's money could have been a strategy to make it EASIER for the defense to mention her as a possible SODDI suspect if the theft could not be mentioned in court if it was deemed "settled".

I think shortly after KC was arrested and, although her family corroborated her fake "nanny" story, she realized (as did her family) that they needed to broaden the database of possible "nanny" suspects so they were not limited to ZFG, which was problematic at best. Amy and Jesse have certainly been individuals amongst many of these. I think at this point people would be scared to admit they'd even known her; it might require lawyering up and involve lots of time and money.

There is no way that Amy can be "compensated" for the betrayal and lies, mental anguish and subsequent legal representation on her own behalf that KC has subjected her to with a silly little check that covers the dollar amount she was defrauded.

KC made a point of trying to implicate anyone that might now have a grudge against her (as when she told Rob D to "get some dirt" on Kiomarie to impeach her testimony.

I think what has shocked most of us even more than the entitlement attitude all of the Anthonys have exhibited, is the fact that JB has gotten by with as much sleazy stuff as he has in delaying this trial and blaming everyone else for problems his own client started.

When are we going to finally hear about a plea on this? :banghead:

Question re: check fraud case. There are videos of the Target purchases and the BoA cash exchange. I don't remember the bank employee checking ID but I do remember both Target transactions swiped the ID that KC presented - it would appear that neither Target employee checked the ID with the name at the top of the check. IIRC the checks were signed by KC herself but written on Amy's account. Somewhere on this forum were copies of the Target receipts, can't remember seeing the BoA check. If the cashiers did swipe the ID, wouldn't that info be imbedded into the receipt print out? I don't know what FL drivers licenses ID numbers have - are there some identifying codes from the FL dl that could further prove it was KC's ID? The reason I believe this is because Amy would have to have her ID to fly to PR, or does a passport suffice?

Question re: check fraud case. There are videos of the Target purchases and the BoA cash exchange. I don't remember the bank employee checking ID but I do remember both Target transactions swiped the ID that KC presented - it would appear that neither Target employee checked the ID with the name at the top of the check. IIRC the checks were signed by KC herself but written on Amy's account. Somewhere on this forum were copies of the Target receipts, can't remember seeing the BoA check. If the cashiers did swipe the ID, wouldn't that info be imbedded into the receipt print out? I don't know what FL drivers licenses ID numbers have - are there some identifying codes from the FL dl that could further prove it was KC's ID? The reason I believe this is because Amy would have to have her ID to fly to PR, or does a passport suffice?
Either would work as ID when flying. I would assume Amy did have a passport 'cause she worked on a cruise line.

I don't get what his master plan is. Casey paid restitution, you do not do that if you are "not guilty". Why would there even be a trial, why not just plead no contest, or is that not an option. Never has the outcome ever been more certain, she is on video tape at Target and the bank for God's sake! What do you think?

IIRC Casey said (during one of the jailhouse visits with her parents) that she had used Amy's checks during a "time of desperation" and the $700 was made good early on to prevent any further inconvenience to AH. However, AH or the state have apparently continued to press charges regarding that theft.

IIRC Casey said (during one of the jailhouse visits with her parents) that she had used Amy's checks during a "time of desperation" and the $700 was made good early on to prevent any further inconvenience to AH. However, AH or the state have apparently continued to press charges regarding that theft.

Since most people don't buy hoodies, lingerie and sunglasses with forged checks when they are in a "time of desperation", that may not have made a difference. The "inconvenience" of AH was just starting, imo. She's had to get a lawyer and spend both oodles of time and money making sure she is not the further victim by being in the defense's voracious "SODDI Sites", not to mention interrupt her life yet again at the trial.

IIRC, AH's bank made restitution, but I'm sure AH also remembers the missing $400 cash that KC said she lost "sleepwalking". And even though KC may feel she should be off the hook because somebody yet again made good in replacing what she stole, I think enough is enough. The Anthony family has been covering and paying for KC's thefts for years; she is a recidivist thief. Why should society show mercy to someone who has so little regard for others' property and so little remorse that she steals again and again?

AH was lucky to act so quickly on the check fraud. BOA is notorious (read Rip Off Report) for making it very hard for customers to get money back. Additionally, they have a good bit of time to pay you back. I have spent the last 15 minutes trying to find a copy of their checking account agreement and am having no luck. Anyway...my DH used to be in banking and said this FWIW....banks used to be responsible for determining the fraud and responsible for refunding the moneys. In order to minimize true losses on their books, often their insurance will cover those lost fees. The BOA likely requires that a police report be filed in order to satisfy their insurance requirements. Without it, the customer refund may take additional time and the bank may be able to wiggle out of paying claims. Once a police report is filed, and the money made available to the customer...it is out of the banks hands and they no longer have the ability to just sweep it under the rug. Now...their insurance carrier wants their money back.

I really believe that an Alford plea is the way to go and Baez and AL are fools if they can't convince her to do so. I believe it will happen if Baez knows what that is, lol, but I believe it will be very last minute and immediately followed by a press conference stating that they just cannot take the time out from focusing on the DP trial to deal with this check fraud charge. It will be made out to be something they were forced to do, further damaging and penalizing this wonderful mother of the year like angel who is just another victim in this tragic case. :sick: One more foul upon KC but saving her life is the most important right now. They will state the she is still maintains she is innocent of all charges and they will try to turn it around on the state.

ETA: I also forgot the bit they will have to spin to say that if they had gone ahead with the check fraud charges, they would have to reveal information that could hurt the DP case and their secret Mattlock like plan/defense they have planned.

I really believe that an Alford plea is the way to go and Baez and AL are fools if they can't convince her to do so. I believe it will happen if Baez knows what that is, lol, but I believe it will be very last minute and immediately followed by a press conference stating that they just cannot take the time out from focusing on the DP trial to deal with this check fraud charge. It will be made out to be something they were forced to do, further damaging and penalizing this wonderful mother of the year like angel who is just another victim in this tragic case. :sick: One more foul upon KC but saving her life is the most important right now. They will state the she is still maintains she is innocent of all charges and they will try to turn it around on the state.

ETA: I also forgot the bit they will have to spin to say that if they had gone ahead with the check fraud charges, they would have to reveal information that could hurt the DP case and their secret Mattlock like plan/defense they have planned.

Mattlock-like - I love it! I am not sure JB and AL can be categorized as fools if they cannot get KC to cop to that (although myriad other reasons could come to mind). I am thinking the most foolish thing either of them did was take on her case to begin with.

I see KC as having a double dose of Cindy Stubborn and we have seen first hand how imperious she is about rewriting history, altering reality and insisting she is right regardless of public perception or the actual outcome of her actions.

Mattlock-like - I love it! I am not sure JB and AL can be categorized as fools if they cannot get KC to cop to that (although myriad other reasons could come to mind). I am thinking the most foolish thing either of them did was take on her case to begin with.

I see KC as having a double dose of Cindy Stubborn and we have seen first hand how imperious she is about rewriting history, altering reality and insisting she is right regardless of public perception or the actual outcome of her actions.

BBM

Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahaha! I agree, she is stubborn. But I think if they were able to at least get her to listen and understand how they could spin it in the press and explain what the plea is, I think she enjoys being the martyr. I think that is the only chance they have with her tho.

I wonder what Cindy did with the $200 she lifted? Like who does that after reporting a missing child? Who would friggin care about money at a time like that? Nice of them to make restitution, but it's still a crime...here the law wins out. AH has the right to be finished with the trial. Unfortunately (IMO), it hasn't been "speedy".

Since most people don't buy hoodies, lingerie and sunglasses with forged checks when they are in a "time of desperation", that may not have made a difference. The "inconvenience" of AH was just starting, imo. She's had to get a lawyer and spend both oodles of time and money making sure she is not the further victim by being in the defense's voracious "SODDI Sites", not to mention interrupt her life yet again at the trial.

IIRC, AH's bank made restitution, but I'm sure AH also remembers the missing $400 cash that KC said she lost "sleepwalking". And even though KC may feel she should be off the hook because somebody yet again made good in replacing what she stole, I think enough is enough. The Anthony family has been covering and paying for KC's thefts for years; she is a recidivist thief. Why should society show mercy to someone who has so little regard for others' property and so little remorse that she steals again and again?

ha ha
my post was only about the check fraud charges.

my understanding is, as I posted, that the bank made the amount good to AH right off the bat, then the Anthony family or the defense also repaid the amount early on. So I was always surprised the check fraud case didn't end there. I don't know if it is AH or the state who are continuing to press charges, I stopped following that. I was always pretty shocked anyone would press charges over the checks during the time when Caylee was missing, but that's just me. But if someone wants to continue to pursue charges like after the amount is made good to them, that is certainly their business.

BBM
Let's not forget the Bank of America they are involved in this case as well.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/20132611/detail.html

snipped
According to a letter from Bank of America dated July 10, defense attorney Jose Baez mailed the bank a money order to reimburse them for funds Casey Anthony allegedly stole. A bank official said the bank has no intentions of dropping its criminal case against Anthony.

BBM
I agree cecybeans..

ha ha
my post was only about the check fraud charges.

my understanding is, as I posted, that the bank made the amount good to AH right off the bat, then the Anthony family or the defense also repaid the amount early on. So I was always surprised the check fraud case didn't end there. I don't know if it is AH or the state who are continuing to press charges, I stopped following that. I was always pretty shocked anyone would press charges over the checks during the time when Caylee was missing, but that's just me. But if someone wants to continue to pursue charges like after the amount is made good to them, that is certainly their business.

BBM
Hi Seagull
The BoA received a money order from Mr Baez's office on July 10,2009.
Casey was charged in iirc late August/08 & early Sept/08 for the check fraud.

Also, the BoA stated in it's letter to Mr Baez that they did not take this payment in lieu of criminal prosecution.

Who is it still pressing charges over the $700 in checks (that was already repaid), the bank, AH, or just the state? Weird. If it is AH, if I were her family I would sure be telling her not to let lawyers talk her into pursuing that further, just more time and stress for her, keeps her name in the public eye (which she claims she doesn't want) and for what? To get what?

OK, so it's the bank. Just saw your post, thanks Intermezzo.

I remembered AH was texting or emailing friends just after she'd found out about Caylee being missing, about wanting to take Casey to court for the money, but wasn't sure who was actually suing at this point.

OK, so it's the bank. Just saw your post, thanks Intermezzo.

I remembered AH was texting or emailing friends just after she'd found out about Caylee being missing, about wanting to take Casey to court for the money, but wasn't sure who was actually suing at this point.

It's a criminal case, so the State is bringing the action, not the Bank or Amy. Even if the bank didn't want to "press charges," the State could still continue with the criminal action.

Who is it still pressing charges over the $700 in checks (that was already repaid), the bank, AH, or just the state? Weird. If it is AH, if I were her family I would sure be telling her not to let lawyers talk her into pursuing that further, just more time and stress for her, keeps her name in the public eye (which she claims she doesn't want) and for what? To get what?

I believe on myclerk its listed just as the State. Although, I wouldn't blame AH one bit for continuing to press charges, to get justice more than anything. Not to sound all People's Court, but sometimes it's the principle of the thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500